• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm pretty sure it's this: https://youtu.be/m-CKVr6Z1Tw

So he's clearly learning Korean and Spanish at the same time. You should encourage his trilingual ambitions.

I don't think we need to give him role models when he has taken control of his own interests and given no reason to be concerned about his clearly prodigious sensibilities. So if we're offering an alternative along these lines, I think this may be better.

Numb

I'm pretty sure it's this: https://youtu.be/m-CKVr6Z1Tw

So he's clearly learning Korean and Spanish at the same time. You should encourage his trilingual ambitions.

I don't think we need to give him role models when he has taken control of his own interests and shown no reason to be concerned about his clearly prodigious sensibilities. So if we're offering an alternative along these lines, I think this may be better.

Kid is cool.
If he has a crush on that single vid tho it might be hard to stop him.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I was trying to figure out what it was, and the only golf I could remember is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrB2KBZws4
I just recognized her face lol.

But for real tho GFriend is some good taste.

Edit: When I was 4 this stuff was the shit we jammed to, and yes I remember watching all of them a lot.
https://youtu.be/vCadcBR95oU
https://youtu.be/dsUXAEzaC3Q
https://youtu.be/52iW3lcpK5M
https://youtu.be/eH3giaIzONA
https://youtu.be/T4IWlFutwXo
https://youtu.be/lu3VTngm1F0
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

He'll be okay.

vanty

233: The "oh yeah they are members of that group" episode was great if you haven't seen it. One of those episodes where everyone was actually into it throughout. Also finding out Sojin from girls day is 30 scarred me for life. Probably one of my favorite episodes they did especially this year.
Just started watching this since I skipped it when it was new since the guest list was 80% guys and probably didn't notice Sojin's name. The Teen Top guy looks like the fucking map fish from Wind Waker. Freaking me out.

And Yoona joined Instagram.

Peru

Some more ruminations from our favorite IU analyst yknok

I have compared what IU had done as machine-gunning a victory party of a revolution, killing the leaders of the revolution en masse, and becoming the new ruler and quickly repudiating all gains of the revolution and turning the clock back to ancien regime.

In retrospect, the greatest mistake of the Kpop world was trying to include IU,

someone who had a fundamentally different approach and philosophy about how Korean Pop would have to progress,

someone who won't really work outside of Korea

and someone who felt like conquering Korea was more important than getting popular outside of it,
Why the Kpop world had tolerated its own destroyer for so long will be one of the greatest mysteries of the history of KPop.

hosun ruled Korea from 1392 to 1910 when the Japanese annexed the peninsula.

The very beginning of Chosun signified the triumph of the isolationists over the expansionists.

On 1388, Manchuria was more or less up for grabs - China's newly founded Ming dynasty and Korea's old Koryo dynasty both wanted to grab it.

Koryo's king and ministers sent Lee Sunggye, the best general of Koryo, to capture Manchuria.

However, Lee Sunggye had ambitions of his own. He thought conquering Manchuria was less important than him becoming the King. With most of the kingdom's troops under his control, capturing the capital and becoming King would be easier than fighting the Manchu nomads.
Among them are Lee Sooman and his niece Lee Sunkyu (Sunny), as well as Lee Sooman's greatest nemesis Lee Jieun. Incidentally both are probably descended from the same prince, Prince Hyoryong who was the second son of King Taejong (Lee Bangwon, ruled 1400-18 ) and older brother of King Sejong (Lee Do, ruled 1418-50). (All of the kings mentioned above have been subjects of countless sageuks)

Although probably descended from the same prince, Lee Sooman's ideals and IU's ideals could not be more different.

IU's ideals, to be the boss of Korea and stay there rather than venture outside, are that of Korea's elites, who were always against foreign excursions and wanted to just rule that tiny, resource-poor and hopeless peninsula, keeping among themselves.
IU's isolationist ideal is very deeply rooted in the Korean psyche, while Seo Taiji and Lee Sooman and others tried to break it. However unfortuantely these obnoxious K-O-R-E-A-N-S are choosing to revert to the isolationist habit , which had been introduced by the very founder of Chosun who thought becoming the king of small korea was more important than conquering the huge manchuria.

In Korean historical drama 'sageuk', the bad guy is usually a very shrewd politician, who is very ruthless about crushing his enemies and only caring about his power and his family's wealth and prestige.
IU is like the bad guy in the sageuks - very shrewd , ruthless but completely powerless outside of Korea. And it is unfortunate that Korea judges her to be in the same league with the major KPop groups, when these groups have foreign popularity while IU does not.

llehuty

Lmao, who is that guy/girl? I need to know more. The historical references get me all the time.

I'm betting on a salty Eunhyuk fangirl.

소나무(SONAMOO) 2ND MINI ALBUM 'CUSTION' 활동 마무리 감사 인사
lol

My 4 year old cousin is now in a phase where he watches this k-pop video over and over and over and over and over again.

It's about a bunch of girls dancing on a golf course or something, I need help weaning him off, any advice?

Why would you want to wean him off? What is exactly harmfull about watching that video? (Unless he is watching it 100 times a day or something or their parents are not ok with him spending time in front of a screen).

Nice dice. When I read golf course I though of nuguest nugus Asha. That would have totally blew my mind.

The Teen Top guy looks like the fucking map fish from Wind Waker. Freaking me out.
lol, "fish oppar" is, indeed, very scary. To think that he is in the very first page of this thread, damn you isuzu!!

Peru

BoA Hidden Singer preview

x8uAuBU.gif

feist_

Banned
Brown Eyed Girls' new album slated for an October release.

Big Bully #protectseulgi | [Official CeCi TV] Red Velvet_JOY_october 2015

Krystal - f(X) | [NYLON TV KOREA] KRYSTAL COVER ISSUE

Dahye | 150923 다혜 VIXX N K-POP 라디오 출근길

Park Bo Young | 150923 One Night of TV Entertainment [ 한밤의 tv연예 박보영 편 ]
Park Bo Young | 20150926 박보영 V앱 추석 잘 보내고 계신가요? :)

[MV] YOON HYUN SANG(윤현상) _ Let's Eat Together(밥 한 끼 해요) (Feat. YOON BOMI(윤보미) of Apink)
Bomi | 150924 에이핑크 윤보미 '너와 나의 연결고리' 웹드라마 제작발표회 퇴근 직캠 1편 by앙칼

Mamamoo | [bnt영상] 마마무 화보
(MAMAMOO) 이니시아네스트 OST 'Girl Crush' MV
(MAMAMOO)이니시아네스트'GirlCrush'MV MAKINGFILM

Bless the gif and the link, though.
tumblr_nv1ymiKmkQ1ufjca7o3_400.gif

My 4 year old cousin is now in a phase where he watches this k-pop video over and over and over and over and over again.

It's about a bunch of girls dancing on a golf course or something, I need help weaning him off, any advice?
tumblr_nv1ymiKmkQ1ufjca7o1_400.gif

sunmi, nana, victoria, gfriend, iu, bestie, park bo young, kim so eun, shin se kyung, choa, seolhyun

Pendulum

GOT7 "니가 하면(If You Do)" M/V

---

T-ara performing Im Chang-jung's "Open The Door" (hi chesskid) at an idol singing contest which they ended up winning.

---

Fyi, the idol athletic championship (pt.1) aired today, watching it now.
Women's wrestling was included:
Red Velvet vs Apink
Joy didn't even get a chance :(
Joy really should have been up against Hayoung. And Yeri instead of Wendy? Who was coaching these girls? Send me in!

Edit: A cut featuring wrestling of Girl's Day vs AOA, EXID vs 9Muses, T-ara vs Secret + some sprinting
Gaeun OP
(if people don't want to watch the entire thing)

Pendulum

Nothing like a good ol' blurry ofscreen pic. Looks like one of those new console "leaks".
But anyway, does that say that they would end up under Loen? The wording is so confusing, but that would be really godlike.

*HYPEEEEEEED without reason*

This seems to have originated from a known troll. imo, it would be odd for a company to come outright and say "we can't afford to keep them" (this doesn't appear to be an internal memo nor press release draft?). But this would be amazing if true.

Numb

Is it weird i've been listening to Frozen in time at the lowest volume in the background while watching other stuff on youtube and twitch for the past week?

Nothing like a good ol' blurry ofscreen pic. Looks like one of those new console "leaks".
But anyway, does that say that they would end up under Loen? The wording is so confusing, but that would be really godlike.

*HYPEEEEEEED without reason*

For sure. #Teamfake
The nicknames for each member lol, admitting they're broke, no mention of Orange Caramel. Please.

llehuty

GOT7's song is basically their Fiction. Good moody production, tight foot work, dark-ish MV. But still iKon's abortion is charting higher *flips tables*.

Pendulum

BLANC GROUP ‏@BLANC_ECLARE 56m56 minutes ago
One day sale, September 30, for 24 hours. Just because. Happy shopping!

I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I'm no longer a member. I'm devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out.
2014-9-30 05:00 来自 Weico.iPhone

:p

llehuty

BEAST - 「Only One」(Short Ver.)
Not very original production, but still decent. Still waiting for the netizen treatment that Kara got ("Go back to Japan", "traitors", etc.)

2PM 『HIGHER』MV Short Ver.
This is more original but, unfortunately, not very good.

[Comeback Trailer] 멜로디데이(MelodyDay) _ SPEED UP
Loen's girl group struggle is real.

"Cleanslate"

Gotta take advantage of the "anniversary" buzz, maybe B&E can sell something with it.
Damn, that salt. I still don't know why all sones are mad about her trying to, you know, earn some money after she was kicked out of the group.

luso

BEAST - 「Only One」(Short Ver.)
Not very original production, but still decent. Still waiting for the netizen treatment that Kara got ("Go back to Japan", "traitors", etc.)

2PM 『HIGHER』MV Short Ver.
This is more original but, unfortunately, not very good.

[Comeback Trailer] 멜로디데이(MelodyDay) _ SPEED UP
Loen's girl group struggle is real.

Damn, that salt. I still don't know why all sones are mad about her trying to, you know, earn some money after she was kicked out of the group.

There's no salt my dear. Noticing that she said "cleanslate" at some point but doing such sales promotion today, with those captions, cannot be coincidence.

luso

^but 2014 was the worst year...

No I didn't. I was highlighting you throwing salt at her business with "maybe B&E can sell something with it". The way it's written implies B&E isn't doing well.

Surely trying to use the buzz for some purpose. Maybe she's the salty one?

llehuty

New 9muses fansite: 9to5

Ubiased small sample said:

There's no salt my dear. Noticing that she said "cleanslate" at some point but doing such sales promotion today, with those captions, cannot be coincidence.

lol, like the rest of snsd haven't been gloating about being 8 now. I still don't know why she is she the "evil" one. She has all the right to be salty, she was the one that was kicked out of the group which she was part of for years.

luso

New 9muses fansite: 9to5

lol, like the rest of snsd haven't been gloating about being 8 now. I still don't know why she is she the "evil" one. She has all the right to be salty, she was the one that was kicked out of the group which she was part of for years.

Gloating!? Really? You must be joking, right?
I had to check the dictionary

llehuty

Gloating!? Really? You must be joking, right?
I had to check the dictionary

Well, maybe not gloating, but I remember pics of Taeyeon super smiley on instagram right after Sica was kicked. (Others like Sunny were debastated, though).

Edit: Also luso, where is the yearly SNSD poll? We haven't had one without Sica, kind of curious to see how it ends up.

Top Bottom