• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

feist_

Banned
237F6E3C562259C416D40A

Red Velvet @ 4K - [직캠/FANCAM] 151017 인천 한류콘서트 레드벨벳 (Red Velvet) 아이스크림케이크(Ice cream cake), 덤덤(Dumb Dumb)

[4k Fancam/직캠]151017 레드벨벳(Red Velvet) - 아이스크림 케이크(Ice Cream Cake) @인천한류페스티벌
[4k Fancam/직캠]151017 레드벨벳(Red Velvet) - Dumb Dumb @인천한류페스티벌
[4k Fancam/직캠]151017 레드벨벳(Red Velvet) Talk @인천한류페스티벌

I was never part of the original IRC disagreement, attacked you in any way, nor was my comment a personal affront. Not only is it worded as inoffensively as possible, it's done in a manner in which you would be one of the only people aware of what was being referenced there. Not once have I ever touched on this, so it's hardly "pressing." The point was to avoid any further misunderstandings by non-regulars, with the purpose of this thread having already been misconstrued numerous times before, and nearly locked as a consequence.

llehuty

[Eng Sub] UnprettyRapstar2 EP5
Part 1: http://dai.ly/x3a2isa
Part 2: http://dai.ly/x3a2l52

Thanks, ready for some crazy dog action.

Edit: Finished the ep.
Crazy dog is so damn good, like DAAAAMN. And lol at Sua being saved after that trainwreck performance. Completely ridiculous.
Gilme really deserved better although I readthat she had some health issues? Anyway, she did destroy Truedy on stage, although it's a shame it didn't pay off.

Also, that performance from ep 6 that everyone is looking forward has the parts that matter already translated:
Yezi vs Truedy diss battle Link

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
not to put you on the spot, but more for the general public here..

when you guys see a newly debuted, attractive idol, do you all google for their birthdays before proclaiming the idol is hot?
tia is and always was old enough

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
when you guys see a newly debuted, attractive idol, do you all google for their birthdays before proclaiming the idol is hot?
I don't because the way I see it, people put these groups together by picking out the best of the best girls, evaluated according to *all* characteristics. They can do their jobs professionally and go home to their families, and I can make judgements of my favorites without entering something like jpop wota territory, and that is so obvious and normal it should be assumed. Creepy obsession should not be assumed.

Honestly, in a fantasy world where there was an actual chance to date any idol, the only ones who would actually appeal to me (insofar as what little I've been able to ascertain of the "real them," if anything) are Seungyeon from Kara and Hyeyeon from Bestie. Even Hani, as lovely and intelligent as she is, is just... Seemingly lacking a mind born of the level of experience that draws me.

Superficial is superficial, and that is a great deal of "hotness" in kpop. Most of the time with new groups I'm just talking about cuteness anyway, unless they're like AOA or something. Even Twice, which seems to be going for a hot/tough concept, doesn't strike me as hot. On the flipside, even with idols known for being sex icons like Hyuna or Gain, what they do is more like playing with/confidently owning sexuality as a concept rather than personally hot to me.

Puritan hysteria is really immature and silly to me.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Also, that performance from ep 6 that everyone is looking forward has the parts that matter already translated:
Yezi vs Truedy diss battle Link

Truedy is a good rapper. Now I can't take that away from her. She's top 3 in the show by a wide margin, alongside Yezi and KittiB (sorry Yubin T_T). But man...Gilme wrecked her shit. If at any point in a rap battle, you whine and throw your bottle, it's over. And now Yezi fucked her up. MNet is desperate to make her into an icon or something. Ain't NO WAY Yezi lost that. That's fucked up.

Pendulum

Truedy is a good rapper. Now I can't take that away from her. She's top 3 in the show by a wide margin, alongside Yezi and KittiB (sorry Yubin T_T). But man...Gilme wrecked her shit. If at any point in a rap battle, you whine and throw your bottle, it's over. And now Yezi fucked her up. MNet is desperate to make her into an icon or something. Ain't NO WAY Yezi lost that. That's fucked up.

zsHCBgF.gif

---

Bebop's Ji In is leaving the group, citing health reasons. In a post on the fan cafe (loosely translated by AKP), she says she's been repeatedly going to the hospital for her health. She also says she'll come back as an actress.

Peru

---

IU's not going to promote her new album on music shows. Tell us what this means, Ynock!

Lee Jieun's arrogance has reached a new level.

Lee Jieun has decided to forgo the tv charts, which means she does not want to see any of the acts out there, and instead would show her songs in a concert which would be seen by less than 20,000 people.

Which means Twice has now obtained a golden chance to defeat Lee Jieun once for all.

Can Twice do it?

----

On 1961, Major General Park Chung-hee seized power from the ineffective regime of President Yoon Bosun, who actually had little power (too long to explain why.

http://onehallyu.com/topic/234838-t...e-new-wave-of-kpop-and-the-old-reactionaries/

No No Eul

I know some of yall don't like this but yolo. Just got back from my city's Korean festival. It was interesting but I think it could've been better. Way more people came than I thought would. Lots of non Koreans there too. Here's a couple photos I took.

Nah, I'm sure it's fine. Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect on previous occasions, it had more to do with the person posting the stuff than the actual content being posted.

So 10 days ago, Hani's famous fancam got 1 year old, and today crossed the 17 million mark. Just insane.

The Up & Down MV has 33 million views too. <3

Bebop's Ji In is leaving the group, citing health reasons. In a post on the fan cafe (loosely translated by AKP), she says she's been repeatedly going to the hospital for her health. She also says she'll come back as an actress.

I wonder where that leaves Bebop. Are they even a thing anymore?

That's really great. I like the Who's Your Mama and Bad Girl, Good Girl references. Solid use of the Zombie concept too. Who'd've thought?

#Minaaaaaaaaaa

#Momooooooooooooooo

Dice

I didn't watch the competition show for Twice. Who is in the pink jacket and is her voice always that pretty or was it more that the lines were perfect for her?

Overall I can't say I'm immediately grabbed. The lead vocals don't appeal to me very much, not even holding a unique trait to be "charmingly annoying" like I said of Minx. The song itself is a bit bland for a JYP track.

Who knows, they might be really strong on stage, but I doubt they'll be better than Sonamoo. No matter what happens now (I predict a good reception) JYP isn't into dropping groups entirely so it'll be interesting to see where they take them. If they get promo like Got7 we'll be seeing a lot of them.

Pendulum

I didn't watch the competition show for Twice. Who is in the pink jacket and is her voice always that pretty or was it more that the lines were perfect for her?

That's Jihyo, and she's the main vocal. She's been training her voice in JYP's basement for 10 years.

Dice

That's Jihyo, and she's the main vocal. She's been training her voice in JYP's basement for 10 years.
Well then that makes sense since I have strong affinity with JYP style/results in music. I'll give her bonus points for being short like Hammie, which she will be teased for to the end of time in this biz.

Dice

Did a quick run over the mini, which is all I'll be able to do for a while on my phone here. A couple thoughts:

This is a lot like a 2PM song. Interesting to hear from girls. Non-SM 9 member format will be interesting to observe.

Easily the best one. It's certainly not challenging in any way, rather conventional, but strong melody flowing on simplicity is the strength of JYP.

Edit: Chaeyoung looks a lot like NC.A. Reminds me of that "10 second Suzy" claim about Yeoreum (Hello Venus) except it'd be legit.

feist_

Banned
So begins the era of OT9.

2733E14F561FB22111DB6B

J-Line OP.
#Minaaaaaaaaaa

#Momooooooooooooooo
Accurate.

Racist netizens better not ruin this.
Depends on how many of their oppas and noonas Twice starts to outshine. Upon initial. cursory listen, I don't see their debut being strong enough to worry the usual music show winners.

I did get some "Breathe" vibes that some Miss A fans keeping hoping that group will return to some day.

Sorry f(x) but you'll have to wait. My heart is currently aboard another hype train.
All aboard:

Top Bottom