• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

broz0rs

Very nice debut for TWICE. Fun and catchy, but more importantly, the girls are able to display their personalities decently through the MV. JYPE must be throwing their entire assets and the kitchen sink for this group.

Can someone help me with a song ID. Heard it at a bar over the weekend but i cant figure out who it is.

- Boy Band
- Crazy Sax Beat / Hook
- Not BTS - Dope

llehuty

Didn't know they were friends. Or if I did, I'd forgotten.
Hyo is friends with almost everyone, kind of like Amber. But yes Sungah, get those connections.

I didn't watch the competition show for Twice. Who is in the pink jacket and is her voice always that pretty or was it more that the lines were perfect for her?
If I remember correctly, you didn't like her much on her teaser reveal for the show.

Fake edit: yeah, there it is:

Just in that clip I heard 3 annoying stylistic habits. No thanks.
Real edit: Thanks Pendulum, I can't read

Found this post backtracking to find dice's comment; a reminder that q's taste in nugus shouldn't be trusted. This comment is a reply to Oh My Girl's Cupid MV:
Song is kinda boring. The Ark and CLC have had the best debut of the year so far.

Pendulum

tumblr_inline_nrgatdZrlp1s6uttl_540.gif

(But llehuty, it seems Dice was referring to Minyoung...?)

llehuty

giphy.gif

So fucking good. Candy Boy is the weakest song on the mini. Aside from that, all the songs are pretty good. Quality mini.

There's one more episode where they have dinner with JYP, but it's not on the channel.

Found this post backtracking to find dice's comment; a reminder that q's taste in nugus shouldn't be trusted. This comment is a reply to Oh My Girl's Cupid MV:

Cupid was a grower. It's better than Pepe, but The Light is better. You didn't exactly give it a glowing review either. Kind of fun...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CLC's songs grew on me a lot but Cube's support/production is stronger than the group itself. That may be true of OMG but I haven't seen enough to know yet. In the meantime, Sonamoo has been proven to me so they stay at the top in my books.

llehuty

Cupid was a grower. It's better than Pepe, but The Light is better. You didn't exactly give it a glowing review either. Kind of fun...

You just can't call Cupid boring and, at the same time, praise The Ark's debut. Also, two posts after I posted is kind of fun, I was praising them and another song of the mini. At the end of the page I was praising their live performances. Sorry for not jumping to conclusions after one listen.

Also, two posts after I posted is kind of fun, I was praising them and another song of the mini. At the end of the page I was praising their live performances. Sorry for not jumping to conclusions after one listen.

Who jumped to a conclusion? Just because I stated my opinion after listening to it once does mean the post reflects my opinion of the song after listening to it more. Sorry for not going out of my way to post an update to my opinion of the song to appease you. I realize this is serious business to you. lol

llehuty

It just got me, wen was the last time we got a girl group debut with the members showing different colours
(leaving the bait there for whatever that wants to take it).
Most of the times all the members take the same role in line with the concept and go with it. It's refreshing seeing different personalities showcased in the same space.

The mini is good, really liking the two last tracks, Candy Boy and Like a Fool.

Also, Momo is going to be the next Hyuna, calling it right now.

Who jumped to a conclusion? Just because I stated my opinion after listening to it once does mean the post reflects my opinion of the song after listening to it more. Sorry for not going out of my way to post an update to my opinion of the song to appease you. I realize this is serious business to you. lol

"Serious business"

tumblr_n740huDk591ru86roo1_250.gif

feist_

Banned
Can't recall if we've had 1M Dance Studios vids in here before, but they're always high on people's lists. This particular clip courtesy of Ym1r, with choreo so good I now like Ikon's "My Type."

1MILLION Dance Studio | 취향저격(My Type) - iKON / Sori Na Choreography

I wonder what This Generation's Foremost Authority on Anything Ever had to say about "Cupid" at the time...

Upon an admittedly cursory review... Gfriend sucks.

Just listened to 'Glass Bead' and 'Candy Jelly Love' again. Are some of Gfriend's sales based on fans sense of nostalgia? Unless Gfriend is great live, and/or they have some good songs on their mini, I'm at a loss for what this whole debate btwn the two groups has has been about.

Mind, "I don't have a dog in this race," and this type of innocent school girl pop generally isn't my thing. On a related note... OhmyGirl's 'Cupid' is one of the best nugu debuts in recent memory. Seeing as how the three have somewhat similar group concepts, I'd say:

SONG- Cupid, Candy Jelly Love, Glass Bead

VIDEO- Candy Jelly Love, Glass Bead, Cupid

Forgettable rap and video aside, 'Cupid' is easily better than 'Glass Bead.' The song actually has a tiny bit of musical creativity, along with solid choreo.

This post. Why so fact-based?

You guys remember Hong Soo Ah from Heroes?

After watching this video (she's the first person) I learned that she now looks like this:

Nation's Favourite Pastime

Pendulum

Can't recall if we've had 1M Dance Studios vids in here before, but they're always high on people's lists. This particular clip courtesy of Ym1r, with choreo so good I now like Ikon's "My Type."

1Million's been working with Twice. They did some of the Sixteen choreo, as well as the choreo for "Ooh-Ahh"

Ym1r

Do you guys think Sanas failed landing was on purpose? Her reaction seems genuine.

Do we know what song they'll be performing alongside Ooh-Ahh for the first week of music shows? Hope it's Like a Fool, especially since it's the most different from ooh-Ahh.

1Million's been working with Twice. They did some of the Sixteen choreo, as well as the choreo for "Ooh-Ahh"

Quite like the choreo of Ooh-Ahh.

Peru

yknok expands on his recent IU observations

Throughout its entire history, Korea has been a closed, nepotistic, oligarchial and backward.

Some reforms were made by various rulers, but after the ruler died the old order quickly came to pass.

However, the entire history of KPop is remarkable that even when more than 99% of the Kpop scene had been taken over by KPoppers,

the one single person who represented the old , backward, benighted stasis order of things reached the top against more than 100 opponents.

Now, IU's arrogance and self-centeredness has reached a new height - she is going to shun music shows, which can be seen by everyone in the world, and will limit her exposure to concerts which will only be seen by her die-hard fans, almost of them Koreans.

The problem is, because Iu is the Kingpin of Kpop, her arrogant behavior will have a lot of folloers.

If enough idols refuse to participate in the music shows, the music shows die and KPop loses another huge avenue of access.

Varous KPop programs played an enormous role to help expanding KPOp's horizons, but now KPop's most isolationist, backward, domestic and back-to-the-past singer is trying to end it by herself.

IU, and other relics of the 1990s, are reconquering KPop and trying to revert it back to the 1990s when there was no word for Korean-style pop at all.

I think something is wrong with Koreans. No matter how bad and how backward something is, and no matter how domestic, Koreans would rather have that rather than venturing outside.

Fortunately, her arrogance may cost her No.1s from the stations.

I think that the stations should double the scores of the singers popular outside of Korea, or halve those who mostly operate in Korea alone.

Otherwise KPop, already half-dead, will die and Koreans will revert back to its old, benighted isolationist past.

I realize who he reminds me of now - film critic Armond White... In that there's a touch of trolling, a touch of genuine stupidity, but also a tendency to shape all their arguments around far-fetched political statements and historical context that nonetheless separate them from most simple haters. Both fun to read.

Eldren

Twice's song is pretty good but a few minutes after the song ends I realise I can't remember what it sounded like. Maybe my memory has finally started failing me. The dance break is great though, definitely the highlight of the song for me.

Didn't know they were friends. Or if I did, I'd forgotten.

She wore a ring from Hyo's brand and she's featured on the site so maybe they got in touch then. Hopefully it paves the way for future interactions.

broz0rs

Twice's song is pretty good but a few minutes after the song ends I realise I can't remember what it sounded like. Maybe my memory has finally started failing me.

same here. I think kpop is just training us to remember mostly catchy chorus and hooks

"we are we we are"
"dumb x 6"

that I can handle

Twice MV has very good production. Song is.... well, Japanese member are too good. Why cant AKB be half good looking?

You guys remember Hong Soo Ah from Heroes?

After watching this video (she's the first person) I learned that she now looks like this:

wow thats some good work done considering the big change without ruining her face. Congratz!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It just got me, wen was the last time we got a girl group debut with the members showing different colours
(leaving the bait there for whatever that wants to take it).
Most of the times all the members take the same role in line with the concept and go with it. It's refreshing seeing different personalities showcased in the same space.
Yeah, like Sonamoo.

Twice's song is pretty good but a few minutes after the song ends I realise I can't remember what it sounded like. Maybe my memory has finally started failing me. The dance break is great though, definitely the highlight of the song for me.
I watched once and same here. The intro will be iconic, but I can only remember tiny bits and pieces of the actual song. Maybe I should have watched twice.

same here. I think kpop is just training us to remember mostly catchy chorus and hooks

"we are we we are"
"dumb x 6"

that I can handle
You'd probably remember the chorus to this.

Before you ask: Toto

Unsurprising. She'll be popular if she can overcome industry xenophobia.

It's a full-on (or off?) competition these days. RIP Waveya.

Pendulum

Episode 210 was listed as having a lot of guests too. The cast members individually met with different groups and played a game/challenge (and there were cameos from people not involved in the games). I think it'll be similar to that.

broz0rs

Can't remember if these were posted before:

TWICE TV episode 2. All About Sana, Mina [Engsub]

lol love Sana's reply to what she likes about Korea

1+1 and 2+1 specials

she also has a good answer for why she wanted to be a Kpop idol (Asia outreach)

Twice MV has very good production. Song is.... well, Japanese member are too good. Why cant AKB be half good looking?

perhaps they are new and the novelty of them looking like that is just very impressive. AKB does have some really pretty girls though. I do also have to admit the J-line of TWICE are probably better looking than 99% of Jpop idols right now. I'm expecting when they do eventually appear in Japanese variety programs, they'll get asked "Why aren't you here?!" questions.

Selane

Do you guys not understand that akb is intended to be appealing to the japanese audience? Not people used to korean beauty standards. Not like I care about them either way, but come on.

Top Bottom