• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

RedEther

Let me guess: the girl in the traditional school girl outfit after the first verse but before the chorus?

Correct

tumblr_nwj4nicfER1uf29reo6_r1_400.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Based on vapp videos, I would say Tzuyu reminds me of Nana when she debuted. I would also say Jihyo stacks fun personality on her singing quality to be my fav so far.

However, aside from just general personal growth (previously mentioned Nana really grew in broadcasting personality over the years) potential for members to change and show new sides of themselves over time is double when they are foreigners.

Momo seems pretty popular around here, and I wonder if she will become more and more cool as she spends more time in Korea speaking Korean? Remember how Fei was never really in the spotlight then suddenly had many activities and became popular.

Twice doesn't really grab me tho. I would think maybe it just takes me a while to warm up to new groups anymore, but I instantly liked Minx and Sonamoo got me right after they moved on from their ho-hum debut song/concept. I guess I'll just keep a passive eye on Twice. I do feel having so many members is kind of cumbersome in a way.

Yeah that's her.

Yeah, I can see why she's popular. I figured it was because she has features that are the most 'Western' looking, and for better or for worse that's the look so many Korean celebs try to get. For example, that one girl from Orange Caramel looks so exotic if you told me she was Caucasian I'd believe it. She clearly is the most popular of the group by how they feature her in videos. Oddly enough, what's 'exotic' to us might be considered 'boring' in their culture and vice versa. That's what I keep having to tell myself over the years when SNSD was super popular and people in Japan and Korea thought Yoona was the bees knees, but to me, she's like Sarah Plain and Tall.

llehuty

Twice doesn't really grab me tho. I would think maybe it just takes me a while to warm up to new groups anymore, but I instantly liked Minx and Sonamoo got me right after they moved on from their ho-hum debut song/concept. I guess I'll just keep a passive eye on Twice. I do feel having so many members is kind of cumbersome in a way.

Minx are too good live, impossible not to like them. Sonamoo's debut left a bad taste in my mouth, and their other releases are just there. Need to see proper performances from Twice with live vocals to make a veredict, but the song has been growing on me and I would definitely place it as the 2nd best debut of the year after Oh My Girl's.

Dice

Jihyo has that special something, that star power. If there was no party she would make the party.

lol @ comeback stage

Individual focus cams:
Momo
She is gorgeous but I don't think that hair is working for her.

Dice

IUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: After further review...

IUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dice

So Nicole did a sexy photoshoot thing. Better than Hyuna's tbh. So anyway here's Seulgi.
RIP half Wendy.

Edit: Yo wait a minute Seulgi where is that hand going... Irene is a bad influence.

Peru

Wel!l IU went right for the jugular but in a smart and less obvious way with the Twenty-Three lyrics.

Now let's get listening to the album.

CR7z1epVEAADOGr.png

Ym1r

우리 선생님은 언프리티 랩스타2 봐요 ㅋㅋ 선생님이 예지 좋아요.

Not sure I wrote that right but today during my Korean teachers office hours she was watching unpretty rapstar and we started to talk about it, she said she likes yeji the most.

I'm breaking up with my girlfriend.

Also Korean is hard ㅠㅠ 한국어 수업은 어려워요 그런데 아주 재미있어요. The 이/가 하고 은/는 usage will forever confuse me. I got 149/150 on my midterm tho, but I think I disappointed my teacher by not getting a perfect score.

Dice

Ym1r your basic ass writing is encouraging me that I haven't forgotten everything I learned, lol. I remember when I was told I was better than a 5 year old, so that's nice, but how much have I kept? I should break out my books since I have less to do for the moment, but I've been studying Buddhism and ecology.

Pendulum

image.php

---

CJ E&M Facing $50 Million Copyright Lawsuit In The U.S.
In the U.S. civil lawsuit, the plaintiff is claiming that while it was legally licensed to sell Korean songs in the U.S. on digital music stores such as Apple iTunes for $0.99 to $1.29 per download, the defendants committed copyright infringements by allowing international customers including U.S. users to access their Korean Mnet.com website and purchase the same Korean songs at price-dumped rates per download to even as low as free. Copyright holders’ returns become smaller as the download prices fall.

roaSone

I wasn't expecting such a genre coming from IU. Sassy IU isn't something usual but it's not too bad I guess, gotta get used to it.

Ym1r

Ym1r your basic ass writing is encouraging me that I haven't forgotten everything I learned, lol. I remember when I was told I was better than a 5 year old, so that's nice, but how much have I kept? I should break out my books since I have less to do for the moment, but I've been studying Buddhism and ecology.

I feel like a little toddler when speaking and writing but I'm trying to use it as much as possible even if I'm wrong so I can become more comfortable with it.

Moist woman.

Being that my head is constantly in the gutter, I'm hoping that's what IU's talking about... otherwise this phrase is the most awkward thing I've read all year.

Great song though! Glad to see she's done with the Christmas-y shit from the past... not that those were bad, just too similar in style imo.

Dice

I feel like a little toddler when speaking and writing but I'm trying to use it as much as possible even if I'm wrong so I can become more comfortable with it.
That's the only way to do it. Just remember the times you spoke to foreigners who didn't know much English and how it was kind of cute in a way, and hope/ think of yourself as that kind.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Bit of a shameful admission here, but...Ooh Ahh is pretty fucking shitty isn't it? At least IMO it is. Incredible looking girls but the song itself is like bottom of a cereal box K-pop. Still the girls are so goddamn pretty, I can't hate.

Ym1r

That's the only way to do it. Just remember the times you spoke to foreigners who didn't know much English and how it was kind of cute in a way, and hope/ think of yourself as that kind.

I joined the Korean Student Association at my uni, everybody thinks my korean is cute in that way. They all think its adorable when people try to learn their language so, it makes it way less awkward trying to talk to them.

mr_chun

Someone talk to me about Ben.

I just watched an episode of Immortal Songs from September, and she totally killed it. Instantly enamored with her. Then I looked up the "Looby Loo" MV and I was like, what the hell is this? What a gross underutilization of her ability. Is all of her stuff like this, or does she have a mini-album somewhere that's more in line with what she does on Immortal Songs?

(MAMAMOO was also on the episode, very impressed with those ladies' live vocals and rapping; not your average K-Pop quartet).

(Luna looks different, but I still love her... talk about someone that needs to come back to Immortal Songs)

Top Bottom