• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

The fobs I met seemed pretty uptight initially yeah, but they were still good people. I think most of them are just scared of using English so when you approach them they get kinda uncomfortable. They believe their English is like terrible or something and get scared the same way I would try to use my baby-like Korean with them.

Lol it's not even that.

I think I've mentioned this before here, but the KSA in my school was super secretive, didn't follow rules or any of that stuff really.

Take a poster promoting their group, student government law states that if a poster is in another language then English needs to be on the same poster even if it's in small letters. But for those guys, nope... the text was all in Korean so StuGovt took it down and they put it back up. They tried to get in contact with the student head of the KSA and no reply, they had to go to the faculty advisor to get some kind of response.

Also a Korea-Am friend got shunned because she was couldn't speak the language as good as they can. Like what kind of shit is that? That group itself is literally filled with fobs hell-bent on rejecting any trace of American.

All the other student groups aren't like this. Take the Vietnamese and Filipino group... back when I was there, our head in FSA was Vietnamese and VSA's head was a Filipina. Hell, all the Asian student groups are actually super tight and are basically interchangeable, except the KSA of course.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sounds like you just got a weird club, or maybe they had a lot of racism thrown at them in the past, or maybe they had a lot of creepy kpop stans they didn't want to deal with. ;)

Meanwhile, observing the Tzuyu appreciation... I called it. :p

Aside from IU's album what are some good things to check/shows to watch? The hurricane hit right where I spent my time in Mexico so I'd like to try to put my mind on something else.

Ym1r

Lol it's not even that.

I think I've mentioned this before here, but the KSA in my school was super secretive, didn't follow rules or any of that stuff really.

Take a poster promoting their group, student government law states that if a poster is in another language then English needs to be on the same poster even if it's in small letters. But for those guys, nope... the text was all in Korean so StuGovt took it down and they put it back up. They tried to get in contact with the student head of the KSA and no reply, they had to go to the faculty advisor to get some kind of response.

Also a Korea-Am friend got shunned because she was couldn't speak the language as good as they can. Like what kind of shit is that? That group itself is literally filled with fobs hell-bent on rejecting any trace of American.

All the other student groups aren't like this. Take the Vietnamese and Filipino group... back when I was there, our head in FSA was Vietnamese and VSA's head was a Filipina. Hell, all the Asian student groups are actually super tight and are basically interchangeable, except the KSA of course.

That's a shame. I mean we have KISO too here at the University of Minnesota, which is the Korean International Student Organization, a separate entity from KSA but still the fobs I met that take part in KISO were nice.

Sounds like you just got a weird club, or maybe they had a lot of racism thrown at them in the past, or maybe they had a lot of creepy kpop stans they didn't want to deal with. ;)

This was in 2009 and I'm pretty sure K-Pop hadn't exploded to the world stage yet lol.

That's a shame. I mean we have KISO too here at the University of Minnesota, which is the Korean International Student Organization, a separate entity from KSA but still the fobs I met that take part in KISO were nice.

I think those dudes were just weird af tbh. I haven't heard any of their shenanigans in recent times, so maybe somebody with some sense actually took over and made it better.

luso

Meanwhile, observing the Tzuyu appreciation... I called it. :p

Aside from IU's album what are some good things to check/shows to watch? The hurricane hit right where I spent my time in Mexico so I'd like to try to put my mind on something else.

Not watching nothing lately buut Taengoo cam ep.1, no subs, just aired.
There are members and Red Velvet cameos.

tumblr_nwpmxlio9M1tkvuvio2_250.gif
tumblr_nwpmxlio9M1tkvuvio1_250.gif

2467D435562B0CFF06E268

Iei8aNK.gif

neoism

Not watching nothing lately buut Taengoo cam ep.1, no subs, just aired.
There are members and Red Velvet cameos.

tumblr_nwpmxlio9M1tkvuvio2_250.gif
tumblr_nwpmxlio9M1tkvuvio1_250.gif

2467D435562B0CFF06E268

Iei8aNK.gif
lolol

Taeyeon first concert full audio

Here is a bunch more previews from the first episode.. hope they fast with the subs...SM is dicks about onstyle as well as soon as the HD dl is out its best to get it... really don't understand why they just won't put these out on YouTube in HD with subs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf4vTAoPL34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okekpIPVAGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RftLxsk5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYTxx75e6QQ

lol heres the raw.. sd so far...

Pendulum

Amber teasers
amber.gif

http://fx.smtown.com/intro/exhibit/a

---

Oh hey, eng subs for Unpretty Rapstar 2 episode 6 appeared. Part 1 and 2
Was I watching the same diss battle? Yezi won, no doubt.

---

There are now some K-Pop videos being blocked (at least in the US) because of YouTube Red:
Woolim Entertaiment (Infinite, Lovelyz)
J.tune camp (MBLAQ)
Brave Entertainment (Brave brothers.)
防弾少年団 JAPAN OFFICIAL (BTS Japanese videos)
SSEnt (The Legend, though still available on LOEN channel)

---

A couple of choice Music Core stages from today
TWICE - Like OOH-AHH, 트와이스 - OOH-AHH하게, Show Music core 20151024
TWICE - Do it again, 트와이스 - 다시 해줘, Show Music core 20151024
OH MY GIRL - CLOSER, 오마이걸 - 클로저, Show Music core 20151024

Watching the War of Dummies special in IC right now...

Lawd jesus Chae Yeon is still sooo damn fine. I can't believe she's in her late 30's.

Oh, they're doing that already? The last episode I watched was where they pitched that idea, and that felt like only 2 weeks ago.

Oops my bad for the spoilers lol.

But yeah, on the same episode they announced the winners they aired like 10 mins of the special lol. I'm guessing they really wanted to see this that soon.

Tahiti seems to have new looks as seen in this fancam. Readying up for a comeback? I'm really shocked at Minjae's look (the one focused on in the cam), what an improvement. She always looked like she was in her 30s. She looks good now. And Ari's hair is super short damn.

Tbh I have been liking Tahiti's stuff since their iconic plagiarised smash hit Love Sick, in a low-budget jams kinda way, and the current members make a really cute and solid group.

llehuty

Oh hey, eng subs for Unpretty Rapstar 2 episode 6 appeared. Part 1 and 2
Was I watching the same diss battle? Yezi won, no doubt.
Daaaamn, crazy dog redeeming this season so hard. She delivers in every performance (I think she is the only one that hasn't forgotten her lyrics at some point), but on top of that she is so damn charismatic outside of it. That exchange with Truedy before the diss... DAAAMN. Mnet just pushing Truedy so hard for some reason. I can't stand her. She has good "tools" for being a rapper, but she has nothing to say, what a waste.

Tahiti seems to have new looks as seen in this fancam. Readying up for a comeback? I'm really shocked at Minjae's look (the one focused on in the cam), what an improvement. She always looked like she was in her 30s. She looks good now. And Ari's hair is super short damn.

Tbh I have been liking Tahiti's stuff since their iconic plagiarised smash hit Love Sick, in a low-budget jams kinda way, and the current members make a really cute and solid group.

Aside from the bop that was their debut song, Tahiti is all about Jisoo and Love Sick. Jisoo caught my eye when she won the sprint in one of the idol championships ahead of ex-9M Eunji. So pretty.

Pendulum

Yes, but crazy fans with their conspiracy theories and such.

Well then, they're on a roll after also getting up in arms about Sulli posting support on Instagram for IU's album and not f(x)'s (which isn't released yet)

---

[Teaser] 정기고(Junggigo) Feat. Zion.T, Crush, DEAN _ 일주일(247)

---

Edit:
During Twice's music show interviews this week, first there was Jaekyung's brother from N. Flying being overtly creepy and staring at Tzuyu, now on Inki today MC Kim Yoojung gave Tzuyu a good look after their greeting :p
This is technically Twice's first music show appearance - was recorded last Monday, aired today
151025 TWICE (트와이스) - Do It Again (다시 해줘) @ 인기가요 Inkigayo [1080p]
TWICE(트와이스) - OOH-AHH하게(Like OOH-AHH) @인기가요 Inkigayo 20151025
Also
151025 Oh My Girl (오마이걸) - CLOSER (클로저) @ 인기가요 Inkigayo [1080p]

JohnCYQ

IU's Red Queen might have been about Sulli.

http://onehallyu.com/topic/237231-iu-아이유-red-queen/
Even when she gazed
At the tiniest, poorest of things
Those passionless, depressing eyes
Used to sparkle so bright
Oh Red Queen

That girl with no expressions
That girl whom everybody hates
That girl even you know
You know

That girl is oh so pitiful
That girl whom everyone is afraid of
That girl you know

On a side note, Twenty-Three got its Perfect All Kill about an hour ago.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
While Kim Yoojung is perving on Tzuyu, all I'm thinking is: Holy shit, Jackson looks like Vergil. Give him a blue coat and a katana ASAP.

Pendulum

Audio teaser for f(x)'s "When I'm Alone"
rumored to be the Carly Rae Jepsen penned song about masturbation that was shopped around (if true, lyrics changed by SM of course)
Late edit: "Cash Me Out" audio teaser
Another late edit: "Papi" audio teaser

---

Narsha teaser now

---

Let's Dance: TWICE(트와이스) _ Like OOH-AHH(OOH-AHH하게)
Currently set to private :(

---

Edit:
Wow, arrest warrant out for Choi Hongman, suspected of defrauding over 1 billion won
http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=032&aid=0002645007

roaSone

Tsuyu is ridiculously beautiful, might be the best visual a girlgroup ever had. I've been following their V app schedule, the girls are quite entertaining and laidback, I like it!

A new OT9 is born and I'm riding the train! Speaking of train, getting hyped about four(x), sounding great so far!

Pendulum

Following on from last night, more f(x) and Brown Eyed Girls teasers:

f(x) audio:
Traveler
Diamond
Rude Love
X
Deja Vu
Glitter

Edit: oh hi there Bayonetta

---

Miryo

---

Rumored 4Minute comeback at end of this year is now said to be next year.

---

Edit:
I love how Momo's got more confidence now compared to the days of Sixteen.

[ENGSUB] 151026 TWICE Showcase Vehind

Top Bottom