• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Confirmed in the best way. Badass girls. #whenwillyourfavesgetdetained
fucking TSA Customs

New AOMG member will be announced on the 12th.

They could do with a female rapper on their roster.

---

The 1st 3 members (besides the obvious EXY) of Cosmic Girls have been announced: Cheng Xiao, Bona, Dayoung
CV3BlbrU8AEHGV2.jpg:orig

CV3Bla4UYAANi7M.jpg:orig

Pendulum

Some people elsewhere were suggesting that Oh My Girl would be able to make it back to LA in time (after disposing of the costumes, props, and any managers that didn't check the list of forbidden items) for the Unforgettable Gala event on Saturday, where they were due to perform. However, I notice they are no longer listed on the Gala website. :/

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Some people elsewhere were suggesting that Oh My Girl would be able to make it back to LA in time (after disposing of the costumes, props, and any managers that didn't check the list of forbidden items) for the Unforgettable Gala event on Saturday, where they were due to perform. However, I notice they are no longer listed on the Gala website. :/
They're still there for me.

Tomita

I don't really listen to KPOP but I can't find this one video and it's driving me nuts...I always want to rewatch it, only to forget the title, and it's always deleted from my YouTube favorite list no matter how many times I re-add it. ): Can anyone help?

It's a girl singing a very emotional song, and someone is cutting her hair while she's crying. And I think you see her through a dewy window and there's greenery behind her. Her hair is dyed a lighter brown shade and I think she wears yellow. I searched for over an hour and can't find it, to my frustration. Doesn't help that I don't think her career ever went anywhere after this song came out, but I remember some buzz online about it when it came out, hence why I found out about it in the first place.

I don't know any Korean but I think the translated lyrics were along the lines of her being hard on herself and saying "I'm sorry" but I don't think the song was called "I'm sorry" or something. Maybe towards the end she emphasized the "I'm sorry" lines, I dunno.

(Sorry if this post is inappropriate but uuuh it's really annoying me I can't find this song, welp.)

Peru

I don't really listen to KPOP but I can't find this one video and it's driving me nuts...I always want to rewatch it, only to forget the title, and it's always deleted from my YouTube favorite list no matter how many times I re-add it. ): Can anyone help?

It's a girl singing a very emotional song, and someone is cutting her hair while she's crying. And I think you see her through a dewy window and there's greenery behind her. Her hair is dyed a lighter brown shade and I think she wears yellow. I searched for over an hour and can't find it, to my frustration. Doesn't help that I don't think her career ever went anywhere after this song came out, but I remember some buzz online about it when it came out, hence why I found out about it in the first place.

I don't know any Korean but I think the translated lyrics were along the lines of her being hard on herself and saying "I'm sorry" but I don't think the song was called "I'm sorry" or something. Maybe towards the end she emphasized the "I'm sorry" lines, I dunno.

(Sorry if this post is inappropriate but uuuh it's really annoying me I can't find this song, welp.)

There's this MV with a girl's hair being cut.. not sure if it fits the description of 'emotional' though, and no yellow dress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_1odmqmCM

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

https://youtu.be/CuwRqIzkyOQ?t=31

FEMM will be returning with a double-disc album "PoW! / L.C.S. +Femm-Isation" on February 3, 2016. Sadly, it's just a repackage of "Femm-isation" with two new songs and some remixes, but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: Page topper? Have a Tzuyu!

And finally: MBC Weekly Idol 151209 (TWICE) - ENG SUB
That's a dope album cover. The color contrast is phenomenal along with costumery, makeup, and theme. I'm going to see if I find some tracks from the original so I can give it a listen.

llehuty

That's a dope album cover. The color contrast is phenomenal along with costumery, makeup, and theme. I'm going to see if I find some tracks from the original so I can give it a listen.
Really recommended album. I think all the tracks got a MV at some point, you can find all in their youtube channel. They have some interesting visuals going on in most of the cases. And I just saw that I flood night is not included in the repackage -_-, that song is great (it also deserved a better video).

Pendulum

This article gets to the point with the Oh My Girl situation.

Oh My Girl misidentified as sex workers, detained at U.S. airport

And it's gone international, such as with the BBC.

I think the "sister" thing triggered customs holding them up, but I find it unlikely that that would have kept them there so long (I would hope that someone there would suggest looking up MVs/performances/interviews to demonstrate their line of business). I think it's more likely that their visa situation was examined more closely after the initial trigger and management didn't get the correct visa (as they were getting paid for the Gala, they probably didn't meet the US/SK visa waiver requirements). But the "sex workers" thing gets good media play and helps save management's face to some extent.

Pendulum

I think it's more likely that their visa situation was examined more closely after the initial trigger and management didn't get the correct visa (as they were getting paid for the Gala, they probably didn't meet the US/SK visa waiver requirements). But the "sex workers" thing gets good media play and helps save management's face to some extent.

Yeah, kinda looking like that
On the other hand, a representative from the Korean airline who was in the same plane stated, "About the entry screening, I know it to be disclosed that they had a problem with their visas. It seems like the source [of the problem] was that they did not receive their performance visas ahead of time."

Tomita

There's this MV with a girl's hair being cut.. not sure if it fits the description of 'emotional' though, and no yellow dress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_1odmqmCM

Oh I should have been more clear, it's definitely a single-take video. The entire shot is her sitting there and then she gets her hair cut and then she sings the climax--all one take.

That Davinchi video is super ridiculous though. WTF bro. Kpop videos got even more crazy since I last watched them, haha.
I only regularly check out miss A, and I think that band is over now, sob.
Thanks anyway, though!

Pendulum

FNC are going to debut their first male dance group (i.e. non-band)
This boy group will reveal themselves for the first time at the FNC Entertainment family concert, 'FNC Kingdom in Japan' on December 12-13.

luso

There are no press/official pics but today was the first concert of their 4th Japan Tour, only some fans pics.
Good new is this concert will be broadcast on day Feb 27 2016 in WowWow Channel. Certainly a cut version as last year Tokyo Dome.

CWBQhWzUYAAopUX.jpg

CWAqDlgUEAESxtg.jpg

CWBtGjtUEAAju7P.jpg

CWBz8rYVEAAXQMW.jpg

CWBn-2bUYAAbQA-.jpg

CWBtGZCVAAAVGw2.jpg

CWBod03U4AEGZGD.jpg

CWCaDGcVEAUwO7D.jpg

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am proud of the majority of Kpop GAF for not bothering to feed the troll (SolidChamp) in that OT thread.

I responded to him, and I don`t feel stupid or wrong at all. K-pop GAF is a very varied, incredible bunch of people, and I am very proud to count myself amongst their numbers. We range from Koreans, to young women who cover entire dance routines on Youtube. Which according to SolidChamp, makes them fapping perverts! Guy is great at diminishing girls, despite his goals. I've learned more about korean indie artists, tv shows and movies from these threads, than anywhere else on the Internet. I've had arguments with K-Pop gaffers. We had differing opinions on shit tons of stuff. It's all good. I don`t think SolidChamp is a troll. I think he means well! Kind of. He just lies and paint K-pop GAF in a very fake light. His points are incredibly vapid, and don`t hold up at all. But whatever. His one post here, is a shit drive-by post. That he ended with like ``This is not a drive-by shit post!`` Which it was. But whatever.

SolidChamp is a known troll around these parts. We all know that. It's not like he's making a good impression in OT either. Hopefully, he'll learn to actually debate people, rather than drive-by all the time. I just believe he's coming from a good place. I wish he stopped painting K-Pop GAF in such a fake way. It's downright stupid and wrong. But anyone who stops by, will see that's he's a liar anyway. It's all good.

tl:dr I love you all guys, despite our disagreements. You're my favorite part of GAF. ramyeon, Pendulum, roaSone, ilehuty, Ym1r, Dice, Peru, luso, isuzu, AgentChris, No No Eul, josecitoxnyo, jongkookie, questionmark,AReed....When GAF threads about memorable posters pop up? You'll be the ones I'll think about. And to all those I missed. It's not that you suck haha. I just missed you. You rock too! Can't wait to know you better. We are a fantastic community. Let's not get depressed because of a known shit-poster. Let's move on!

Fuck this is so cheezy. Let's just ignore the shit-posters haha

neoism

so guys is there any photoshop geniuses that can make this gif I made 100kb or less I dont know how to do that? if its not possible though.....nm
ofQJJfn.gif

llehuty

There are no press/official pics but today was the first concert of their 4th Japan Tour, only some fans pics.
Good new is this concert will be broadcast on day Feb 27 2016 in WowWow Channel. Certainly a cut version as last year Tokyo Dome.

CWBQhWzUYAAopUX.jpg

Smh at the short versions of Oh, Beep Beep and intro of The Great Escape. It's like they are trolling k-pop GAF at this point. Still a solid playlist, and quite happy that they are keeping the special stages to add some variety to the setlist.

who is that?
it's double "L" :p

Hokuten

Neo Member
I came here for games, but stayed for Kpop. I don't post much (or at all), but really like the posters here. From Jay Park to Hello Bunny stuff, I love that I can find a variety of music genres here from the k-scene that I otherwise wouldn't have the know-how or time to find. Thanks y'all.

Loci

here you go
https://youtu.be/0Pc5JzV_hOk

vanty

Uh, since when?
Just saw it from one or two idiots posting in the Oh My Girl thread. I don't recall anyone in here saying 2NE1 were no good, at most just some people who aren't into them because they're Taeyeon avatars who only care about looks. I'm assuming those people are who the idiots are referencing while thinking it's the whole thread. If anything it's become far more about music than it used to be.

llehuty

Most of the times I don't like 2ne1, specially not of that era were Agent Chris was pic spamming CL on a daily basis :p. But I'm also not a fan of A-pink, Crayon Pop, etc. Making a big deal of people not liking the same things that you do is just stupid.

luso

They should definitely do more stuff like this.
Reminds me of the time they did this piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OaQvfTre4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtobKBVRdyE

Looks like it's rare for idol groups to do this in regular basis. On TV surely opportunities are rare as these kind of TV programs are generally done for non-idol artists, and these TV shows probably are very rare in TV landscape.
That's why Taeyeon was really happy for her solo, opportunity to sing with a live band in a comfy venue was her wish, many others don't have this opportunity.

Smh at the short versions of Oh, Beep Beep and intro of The Great Escape. It's like they are trolling k-pop GAF at this point. Still a solid playlist, and quite happy that they are keeping the special stages to add some variety to the setlist.

who is that?
it's double "L" :p

Sadly the specially stages will likely to be cut from the TV broadcase :(

I came here for games, but stayed for Kpop. I don't post much (or at all), but really like the posters here. From Jay Park to Hello Bunny stuff, I love that I can find a variety of music genres here from the k-scene that I otherwise wouldn't have the know-how or time to find. Thanks y'all.

Don't be shy to post more often.

Top Bottom