• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Sheik

The lesbian Kiss Scene in Seonam Girls High School Investigators already raised some attention. There was also a big-screen release with lesbian stuff. NSFW since this is quite explicit
I don't really get why big-screen releases can be far more provocative in general, tho.

Anyway, obviously the right step into LGBT perception but we'll see.

Hey, thanks for the heads up @ Seonam Girls High School Investigators! It's heartening to finally see some positive lesbian representation in SK media. It's a start.

Looked it up on Viki and plan to watch it when I have some time. Do you happen to know what episode the kiss takes place in?

just cuz wow

Haven't been paying attention to their promotions this time around, but gotta say, Kyungri has never looked better. Definitely the current #1 muse. Maybe Sungah could compete if she ever unfucks her hair, but there's no competition right now.

kyungri19-2.gif

Sera the true #1 muse though.

The maknae, Ari/Arin, right?

Hey, thanks for the heads up @ Seonam Girls High School Investigators! It's heartening to finally see some positive lesbian representation in SK media. It's a start.

Looked it up on Viki and plan to watch it when I have some time. Do you happen to know what episode the kiss takes place in?

11. Just a small heads up, I heard the series sucks overall, and this particular story line only takes up 2 episodes iirc.

Peru

That Jei web drama (officially eng subbed first three eps) is good so far although she's hardly been in it. Light on its feet, cute.

vanty

Jaekyung
looking 100x better than any Kyunriwyrb without even trying
and Minah (and some guy from Vogue Korea or something)

12346158_548668275284989_887897389_n.jpg

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Since I learned about the existence of Bigbang yesterday night I've become obsessed with them. Im fascinated by the aesthetics and want to know more about the band and the members. Where do I look? It must be the androgynous look but man, do they look good in those outfits!

vanty

What the hell is with that amount of money? $8400 is like nothing at all and they don't say anything about what it's actually going to be used for.

super dodge for sure

No No Eul

I'm not even sure if there's meant to be a new title track or if the mini album is just a compilation of their more recent singles. It rather looks like the latter.

llehuty

I'm not even sure if there's meant to be a new title track or if the mini album is just a compilation of their more recent singles. It rather looks like the latter.
It says "become honorary producer of Stellar mini album", will they just release a mini album of old songs? There must be at least one new song.

ryan-ts

SuperÑ;189440690 said:
Since I learned about the existence of Bigbang yesterday night I've become obsessed with them. Im fascinated by the aesthetics and want to know more about the band and the members. Where do I look? It must be the androgynous look but man, do they look good in those outfits!

Here's a link to a tv show (with subtitles) where the members talk about themselves.

Here's another one

There are also a bunch Big Bang related articles you can find with a simple Google search, just depends on what you're looking for.

luso

SNSD 2015 SURVEY Results

2012 survey results
2013 survey results
2014 survey results

Final results for Soshi 2015 survey!

EDIT: Thank you for participating, and sorry for the bad grammar in my comments, too lazy too rewrite.

I hope that besides the (potential) bias 1st placement, the entire year of promotions and individual activities were considered for all members. Release wise, it was set that it was between "Holler" and now.
This ranking is just for fun, should not be taken seriously but it shows a little of K-pop GAF opinions.

I had to exclude two of the answers (for the individual ranking) as they were crooked beyond repair. Other than this, we had 39 answers and 37 considered, 34 of which also answered places 4-8 (not mandatory). In the end, after some simple math, this difference did not influenced the results.
Then, considering 8 point for first place, 7 for second, etc. the Final Results were (higher is better)

Code:
1	Taeyeon	 232
2	Sunny	 192
3	Yuri	 166
4	Seohyun	 161
5	Yoona	 144
6	Sooyoung 142
7	Tiffany	 140
8	Hyoyeon	 110

1st Place votes
whXHQsz.jpg

All voting results (raw)

Taeyeon first, who knew? :) Goddess.
Well, regardless of any bias, she had a great and very busy year, starting off in June with Party recordings, July and August with Party/Lion Hear, with her overdue solo debut, and also her 7 solo concerts, TTS Chrstimas Release and now Japanese concerts after the 2 Korean concerts. Stay healthy, crazy year!

Many Sunny lovers but are they hiding? Personally this year was not the best, she had the daily radio show (7days/week) but she looked dead tired because of it, and during Roommate she almost wasn't there, also she apparently had some slump, helped by Jessica departure. At least her hair is better!

Yuri also recovered from her bad shape, certainly got GAF love again. She also got many variety shows appearances and it's now one of the MC in a automobile show.

Seohyun no longer is the Seobot model, also had a good year with her musical in January and soon she will be on Mamma Mia musical. She really standout during Holler promotions.

Yoona had also a busy year, 5 months filming the drama in China and then the SNSD promotions. She was too thin, glad she recovered her weight.

Tiffany is disliked here unfairly, she should be higher, she's always hardworking and regardless of results she is tireless when it concerns her objectives. From Holler, her show on Mnet and soon will have her solo.

Sooyoung had a very quiet year, besides photo shoots and promotions, did not had any acting promotions for dramas. Even with short hair, which I like, didn't helped much.

Hyoyeon improved, and had you own little variety show and released a book, but... I guess it's hard with other 7 members.

Standout member:
42aiCZB.jpg

Best/worst concept:
GXFQEfz.jpg

'I' was the best release overall, gets the most votes.
'You Think' concept was wasted with the underwhelming song. Sadly it wasn't other Bad Girl... Holler is hated in here (well, Adrenaline was better) but not so much as Dear Santa and Lion Heart. Concept wise, a Christmas concept could not be much different from what we know, while Lion Heart MV was too weird even if the song was all right.

#########################################################

Best released group/solo/unit song(s)?

'I' 11
Lion Heart 7
Catch me if you Can 5
Check 5
Stress 5

Party 4
Gemini 3
Talk Talk 2
One Afternoon 2
You Think 2
UR 2
Farewell 2
Fire Alarm 2
Green Light 2
Paradise 2
Adrenaline 2
Holler 2
Only U 1
I Like the Way 1
Stay 1
OMG 1
Eyes 1
PUSHI It 1 /*hey, this was not a release, it was a concert act!*/
Bump It 1
Whisper 1

Worst released group/solo/unit song(s)
You Think 6
Party 4
Holler 3
Show Girls 3
Dear Santa 3
Lion Heart 3
Catch me if you Can 2
Green Light 1
Paradise 1
Bump It 1
Sign 1
Talk Talk 1
One Afternoon 1
/*some one answer all Taeyeon's mini, must be trolling*/
Besides 'I', opinions are not consensual!

Moment of the year?
- Sunny Selca/Mel-ons 6
- Taeyeon Solo 4
- Tokyo Dome / ITNW 3
- Catch Me If You Can ft. Jessica leak 3
- SHY 2

- Jessica getting booted and being salty was pretty good.
- anything Jessica related
- Sica left the group 8(
- Party MV
- Seo Joo Hyun and Bae Joo Hyun gettin friendly /*For newbies, Seohyun and Irene*/
- TTS Louis Quatorze photoshoot. /* which, all? Yes. */
- When Seohyun did the splits in the You Think MV
- Taeyeon being alive
- When they turned over their power to Red Velvet with the release of The Red.
- Taeyeon breaking up with Baekhyun
- Yuri hottest mickey ever
- Pixel counting for the Fany tattoo/bikiny strap.
- Yuri dumping that fat reserve pitcher to return to purity like jesus christ rising from the dead.

Thereitis.gif

The top says it all.
It also shows the power of suggestion of choices in a poll.

Further comments?
Hoping Seohyun keeps climbing the ranks, as always.
Always on top half.

"Good job luso, keep up the good work."
Thanks.

They were boring boring boring boring.
Maybe for some they just have been around for so long that it's hard find novelty on the activities and music.

Taeyeon is goddess of kpop.
<3

2015 was a pretty poor year for Soshi. Their music has been mediocre. The glory days feel like an eternity ago. It still feels weird without Jessica. Yoona please eat something.
Yoona is better already, don't worry (even if you think is still too thin). 'I was the highlight overall, as for 5th SNSD album, I admit only half it's good enough for continuous playing.
Disagree about a poor year 2015, much better than 2014.

Hope Jessica the traitorous slut is enjoying her newly found status as nugu!
Rumours about a solo release. Chaos and shaming ensues if true.

Taeyeon is the best
Yes.

It surprised me that Taeyeons single was great and not some boring shit like U R(from the mini, not a diss at you honest).
UR was good, Gemini was better to me.

Jessica still sucks
lol

True, no matter what.

Hope there will be a 2015 KpopGAF survey
You mean, 2016?

I think the Lion Heart album wasn't really good. Yup.
Positive overall to me.

<3
SNSD are defiinetively (slowly but surely) on their way down. I give them another year. TTS and taeyeon will survive.
I hear this since.. forever!? Yes, the very top peak was 2010-2013. But they are in their 9th year, survived 2014 shitstorm and still are a stronghold. Contract wise, is set until 2017.

Taeyeon's Instagram is up there with HyunA's for best K-Pop Idol Instagram account.
Agreed. Smells to me a possible survey.

every Soshi release sucked except for Taeyeon's album.
But.. Fire Alarm, Bum it, Paradise?

The actual best concept was Check but there wasn't an option for that...
B-side of a single, sorry.

Let it go down that Salty_Josh has a strong dislike of Taeyeon
#everybodyknows

"Genie era was good times. Take Seohyun from today and put her back then, and the group would be perfect. Before Hyoyeon dyed her hair. Before Sunny cut hers.
Alas.
Ah, The Greatest Era nostalgia...

SNSD seem more irrelevant than ever. Hard to care what they do, because they don't do anything interesting anymore.
Disagree.

Yuri was too damn hot on Lion Heart... That was not good for my heart -_-
Did you saw Party?

I'm listening to DalShabet instead right now
Yes please, they are bond to disappear.

lmfao
That's the 3rd k-pop group I see to attempt crowdfunding. There was U-kiss who flopped tremendously, one of the reward tiers included DNA from one of the members lmfao. Nugu boygroup Excite who made like 200 dollars. Stellar actually seems to be making some dough, but it's so... vague. Well, good for them. Whoever is paying that 900$ and getting a meal meet & greet... that's gonna be awkward for the girls.

AReed

Naeun visits NeoGaf on her phone (concept stolen from Onehallyu).

tumblr_nzgtf9mafT1qagtcoo3_400.gif

Logging in to NeoGaf

tumblr_nzgtf9mafT1qagtcoo1_400.gif

Sees llehuty hate on APink

tumblr_nzgtf9mafT1qagtcoo4_r1_400.gif

A fiddl tumblr gif gets posted

tumblr_nzgtf9mafT1qagtcoo2_400.gif

Sees one of Dice's long ass rants

neoism

SNSD 2015 SURVEY Results

2012 survey results
2013 survey results
2014 survey results

Final results for Soshi 2015 survey!

EDIT: Thank you for participating, and sorry for the bad grammar in my comments, too lazy too rewrite.

I hope that besides the (potential) bias 1st placement, the entire year of promotions and individual activities were considered for all members. Release wise, it was set that it was between "Holler" and now.
This ranking is just for fun, should not be taken seriously but it shows a little of K-pop GAF opinions.

I had to exclude two of the answers (for the individual ranking) as they were crooked beyond repair. Other than this, we had 39 answers and 37 considered, 34 of which also answered places 4-8 (not mandatory). In the end, after some simple math, this difference did not influenced the results.
Then, considering 8 point for first place, 7 for second, etc. the Final Results were (higher is better)

Code:
1	Taeyeon	 232
2	Sunny	 192
3	Yuri	 166
4	Seohyun	 161
5	Yoona	 144
6	Sooyoung 142
7	Tiffany	 140
8	Hyoyeon	 110

1st Place votes
whXHQsz.jpg

All voting results (raw)

Taeyeon first, who knew? :) Goddess.
Well, regardless of any bias, she had a great and very busy year, starting off in June with Party recordings, July and August with Party/Lion Hear, with her overdue solo debut, and also her 7 solo concerts, TTS Chrstimas Release and now Japanese concerts after the 2 Korean concerts. Stay healthy, crazy year!

Many Sunny lovers but are they hiding? Personally this year was not the best, she had the daily radio show (7days/week) but she looked dead tired because of it, and during Roommate she almost wasn't there, also she apparently had some slump, helped by Jessica departure. At least her hair is better!

Yuri also recovered from her bad shape, certainly got GAF love again. She also got many variety shows appearances and it's now one of the MC in a automobile show.

Seohyun no longer is the Seobot model, also had a good year with her musical in January and soon she will be on Mamma Mia musical. She really standout during Holler promotions.

Yoona had also a busy year, 5 months filming the drama in China and then the SNSD promotions. She was too thin, glad she recovered her weight.

Tiffany is disliked here unfairly, she should be higher, she's always hardworking and regardless of results she is tireless when it concerns her objectives. From Holler, her show on Mnet and soon will have her solo.

Sooyoung had a very quiet year, besides photo shoots and promotions, did not had any acting promotions for dramas. Even with short hair, which I like, didn't helped much.

Hyoyeon improved, and had you own little variety show and released a book, but... I guess it's hard with other 7 members.

Standout member:
42aiCZB.jpg

Best/worst concept:
GXFQEfz.jpg

'I' was the best release overall, gets the most votes.
'You Think' concept was wasted with the underwhelming song. Sadly it wasn't other Bad Girl... Holler is hated in here (well, Adrenaline was better) but not so much as Dear Santa and Lion Heart. Concept wise, a Christmas concept could not be much different from what we know, while Lion Heart MV was too weird even if the song was all right.

#########################################################

Best released group/solo/unit song(s)?

Worst released group/solo/unit song(s)

/*some one answer all Taeyeon's mini, must be trolling*/
Besides 'I', opinions are not consensual!

Moment of the year?

Thereitis.gif

The top says it all.
It also shows the power of suggestion of choices in a poll.

Further comments?

Always on top half.

Thanks.

Maybe for some they just have been around for so long that it's hard find novelty on the activities and music.

<3

Yoona is better already, don't worry (even if you think is still too thin). 'I was the highlight overall, as for 5th SNSD album, I admit only half it's good enough for continuous playing.
Disagree about a poor year 2015, much better than 2014.

Rumours about a solo release. Chaos and shaming ensues if true.

Yes.

UR was good, Gemini was better to me.

lol

True, no matter what.

You mean, 2016?

Positive overall to me.

<3

I hear this since.. forever!? Yes, the very top peak was 2010-2013. But they are in their 9th year, survived 2014 shitstorm and still are a stronghold. Contract wise, is set until 2017.

Agreed. Smells to me a possible survey.

But.. Fire Alarm, Bum it, Paradise?

B-side of a single, sorry.

#everybodyknows

Ah, The Greatest Era nostalgia...

Disagree.

Did you saw Party?

Yes please, they are bond to disappear.
thanks for takin the time luso was waitin for the results.... poor fany dont understand the hate... tae is bae as usually &#128536; but glad with sunnys placement... im personally glad her
radio show is over.. it took away from shows and it obviously drained her, from doing concerts.. hope she keeps her knees healthy lol...

Ym1r

The zombie episode is one of the best running man episodes I've seen in a while, I haven't finished it yet though, I'm too busy crying and studying for finals but I've laughed a lot so far.

Pendulum

Red Velvet (&#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;) - &#49464;&#44032;&#51648; &#49548;&#50896; (Wish Tree)

---

So remember that project girl group Mnet was putting together that had 101 members? Here are 2 meeting fancams. They had to pre-record for M Countdown in a stadium because the normal stage wasn't big enough.

Seen in the crowd group - Somi (JYP Sixteen), Dani (The Lord Hath Returned), Dia's Cathy and Chaeyeon. Apparently...
Confirmed:
Somi - [JYP]
Dani - [MBK]
Pinky - [Pledis]
Nayoung - [Pledis]
Eunwoo - [Pledis]
Junghyeon - [Pledis]
Cathy - DIA [MBK]
Chaeyeon - DIA [MBK]
Chanmi - Former F-ve Dolls
Myungji - Former Tiny G
Shin - Former (?) AS1/As One (Cantopop)
Kim Seola - Birth of a Great Star 3 /Superstar K6 contestant

Peru

f(x) sure beat RV on the xmas song game. The BoA song sounds REALLY good though.

Also seriously Lily Fever is drama of the year. Started out as interesting because of its progressive nature but now it's just fun. Reply 1988 who?

Pendulum

Since I leave for Christmas holidays in a few hours and we're done with non-seasonal releases for the year, here's my k-year in brief.

Album of the Year:
Dynamic Duo - Grand Carnival ("J.O.T.S (feat Nafla)" and "&#46020;&#46028;&#51060;&#54364;" are highlights)
Honorable Mention As Mini Album of the Year:
Primary & Oh Hyuk - Lucky You!

Essential Albums:
Wonder Girls - Reboot ("One Black Night" and "I Feel You" are highlights)
f(x) - 4 Walls ("4 Walls" and "Papi" are highlights)
Primary - 2 ("Don't Be Shy (feat. Choa(AOA), IRON)" and "Gold Finger (feat. Suran)" are highlights)
Brown Eyed Girls - Basic ("Warm Hole" and "Brave New World" are highlights)
Red Velvet - The Red ("Dumb Dumb" and "Cool World" are highlights)
Giriboy - Coming of Age Ceremony ("Love & Hate (feat. DJ SQ)" and "Adult(&#49457;&#51064;)" are highlights)
hyukoh - 22 ("Comes And Goes" and "Hookah" are highlights)
Gain - Hawwah ("Paradise Lost" and "Apple (feat. Jay Park)" are highlights)
BTS - The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Parts 1 and 2 ("Dope" and "&#48193;&#49352;" are highlights)
IU - Chat-Shire ("Zeze" and "Red Queen (feat. Zion. T)" are highlights)
Psy - Chiljib PSY-Da ("Napal Baji (&#45208;&#54036;&#48148;&#51648;)" and "Ahjussi Swag" are highlights). A return to form.
Honorable Mention For The Album That Came Out Of Nowhere And Surprised Me The Most:
Peejay - Walkin' Vol. 1

Song of the Year:
Primary & Oh Hyuk (ft Lim Kim) - "Gondry"

High Rotation Plays (not from an album listed above):
4Minute - "Crazy"
Lim Kim - "Awoo"
Beenzino - "Break"
Suran - "Calling In Love"
Red Velvet - "Automatic" > "Ice Cream Cake"
Anda - "Touch"
Hyuna - "Roll Deep"
Shinee - "View"
EXID - "Ah Yeah"
Oh My Girl - "Closer"
Twice - "Ooh Ahh"
Yankie (feat. Tablo, Zion. T, Loco) - "Sold Out"
AOA - "Heart Attack" (grew on me, ended up winning the Summer Battle)
Big Bang - "Bae Bae" and "Bang Bang Bang" because I don't know why
Hara (feat. Youngji) - "How About Me?"
Yezi - "Crazy Dog"

Artist of the Year:
Zion. T
"Eat". "Just" (feat. Crush). "Zero Gravity". "No Make Up". The IC Festival ("Sponsor" with Haha and the return of "Yanghwa BRDG"). Featuring on songs here and there and everywhere. Yes he was prolific, but he was so, so powerful with his soulful lyrics and smooth melodies.

Best New Artist:
Suran
She debuted last year (December) and released one other (fabulous) solo song this year ("Calling In Love"), but her deft touch was felt from Primary's album to saving a Zico song. She's definitely the most promising rising talent in Korean music.

Rookies of the Year:
Oh My Girl
They now have the stigma of a management fuck up attached to them in the minds of some, but props to the part of the management team that debuted the group with the catchy drumlined "Cupid" and followed it up with the ethereal dance-pop of "Closer". Their 2nd mini album was delightful, varied, and colorful, and their performances were on point.
Honorable Mention: Twice. Their music is dancey fun, their charms come through in both performances and on variety shows, and they have the best sub-unit ever (J-Line for life). They have huge support in both their fans and a revitalised JYPE, and I expect big things in 2016. If they debuted earlier in the year and went for a comeback, it might have been a harder choice between them and OMG.
Honorable Mention As Rookie Member of the Year: The dancing, singing, rapping, stunning YooA from Oh My Girl, edging out Twice's Momo.

Disappointment of the Year:
T-ara, going from crowned EDM queens of the K-Pop scene to doing an about-face with a Brave Bros track that was straight out of last year as an AOA B-side. As a T-ara stan I always have high hopes (hence the bigger chance for disappointment), but this reeked of MBK responding aimlessly to a chart movement rather than forging ahead with T-ara's distinctive and successful style.

Some Hopes For Success In 2016:
A good song for The Ark to comeback with that showcases their actual style and talent.
Fiestar leverages Yezi's popularity and Jei's kiss
CLC. Cube pls.
Somin 3rd debut.

Eldren

smh @ Taeyeon stans. Thanks anyway Luso.

AOA confirmed to be appearing at all 3 gayos, Big Bang confirmed to be appearing at no gayos. Perfect.

Pendulum

Does that mean DIA's pretty much dead?

... MBK Entertainment's CEO Kim Kwang Soo stated, "Dia members Chaeyeon and Cathy have decided to leave the group in order to try out for 'Produce 101.' We ask for a lot of support for Chaeyeon and Cathy, who are going on a new path. Dia plans to now promote as five members rather than seven."

Something's up when 2 members from a debuted group decide to take a chance against 99 others in a survival show.

Solid post Pendulum, aside from the BB songs you picked, wtf.

So remember that project girl group Mnet was putting together that had 101 members? Here are 2 meeting fancams. They had to pre-record for M Countdown in a stadium because the normal stage wasn't big enough.

Seen in the crowd group - Somi (JYP Sixteen), Dani (The Lord Hath Returned), Dia's Cathy and Chaeyeon. Apparently...

Here's the first performance. Produce is a fitting name for the show as they sure are putting on a big production. Not much too say at the moment aside from there being a lot of pretty girls. Song is honestly just dreadful. Seems like it'll have to be my guilty pleasure of the year though, because I can't stop listening to it for some reason.

Somi getting a lot of camera time. Spotted the CCM MBK girls several times too. Also, Chanmi the talented bully of Co-Ed School and 5Dolls fame is apparently in it. Pretty sure she's the one on the tip of the left platform, with the pigtails. Dice will have to confirm.

Does that mean DIA's pretty much dead?

MBK gonna CCM.

f(x) sure beat RV on the xmas song game. The BoA song sounds REALLY good though.

f(x) definitely got the best christmas song. Boas sounds boring as hell.

New page? Have some otp:
tumblr_nze94zIHB71qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom