• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

Taeyeon short hair during Run Devil Run was great. Let's see how it works with blonde hair but she makes every haircut ever work, so I wouldn't be worried.

vanty

Her hair has been pretty terrible ever since it changed from the pink/orange/whatever that actually worked alright to blonde.

neoism

Top of page gross Luna

not sure what the avy quotes about lilly has long hair in that pic its just parted to the side and tied back....
tae said her hair just got really damaged over this past year with all the hair dying its understandable but still sad.. i loves taes loong hair... she really cut it short..��

this is her god teir... itll be awhile even though they do hair extensions all the time.
m5Ud8dn.jpg
hair pron

feist_

Banned
"When I'm Alone" by f(x) is a superb song in need of more love. Easily among their top 3 EP/LP closing songs. Simple, good line distribution, not over produced and the song is just in the pocket.

"Summer Love" isn't even in the conversation, but "Lollipop" and "훌쩍 (Let’s Try)" are at the top of the list, with "Ending Page" either tied with "When I'm Alone," or coming in a bit behind in the final tally.

Depending on whether it proves to have longevity, it wouldn't surprise me if "When I'm Alone" finds its way to the top spot in my rankings. Still, "Lollipop" is a lot of fun, and I love the progression and layering in "훌쩍 (Let’s Try)."

Laboum - Allow Allow (Dance practice)
This song is so good, but seems like nobody gives a damn about this group (RIP)
This is fantastic. I already liked the song, but the dance video is perfect: just the right mix of cool and goofy choreo.
I echo these sentiments.

Pendulum

We have "Produce 101", next up is "Boys24"
The company CJ E&M has just announced the launch of their jumbo-sized K-pop project 'Boys24'. They have invested 25 billion won (nearly $21 million U.S.) into this project, so it really is jumbo-sized to say the least.

This will be a new K-pop performance project where 24 specially selected male trainees, after passing an audition and receiving training, will hold live performances for 365 days straight at their permanently established concert venue.

'Liveworks Company', which Shinhwa's Hyesung and Minwoo are in, will take part in management.

'Boys24' will begin their K-pop performances in August at the Popcorn Hall in the Mesa Building in Myeongdong, Seoul. There will be a variety of performances as the showcase performances are said to be joined with 'Cirque de Soleil'. There will be K-pop, musicals, acrobatics and more joined together for all kinds of content, which is predicted to attract foreign tourists.

And before the performances begin in August, there will be a broadcast revealing the audition program, featuring the selection process, training and performance preparations. The company explains that this isn't a debut of a new idol group, but a new kind of Hallyu performance.
akp link

llehuty

Sooo, apparently Little Psy, who was diagnosed a brain cancer 2 years ago with only 6 months of life left, is still alive, after he recovered from the cancer last year.

Now he is back at it:
PSY - DADDY PARODY MUSIC VIDEO (Little PSY with NOM) 리틀싸이 황민우
In the place of CL, someone we haven't seen in a while
Tiny G's Mint.

나인뮤지스[9MUSES] - MUSE IN THE CITY 포스터 촬영 현장
BTS photoshoot for the concert. I hope those individual pictures get released at some point, because they look great.

Produce 101 has an air date - January 22nd. Goes for 11 episodes.
Hyped for this trainwreck. Here hoping someone cares enough to sub it.

Yezi solo mini album on January 28.

---

CYMyMbtUsAUbdjk.jpg

CYMyRXMUAAAOtgJ.jpg

CYMySQQVAAAzsBl.jpg

(context)
HYPE and lol

I love this performance of 'Someone like U.'
That intro song is rough though. At least they look cute. Ahyoung without backing vocals singing a ballad.... 1:24 is so tragic. Of all albums Dal Shabet has released this was like the worst one to actually have them perform a full 3 minute intro. Sigh.
Fuck yeah! #belly

Annd yeah, the album is their weakest yet, which is a shame because they all have been very good. Oh well, at least the single is amazingly good.

Pendulum

2015 Girl group album sales according to Gaon:
* Albums released after January 1, 2015
* Time frame: Gaon Chart January 1st - December

1. SNSD - Lion Heart + You Think (145,000)
2. A Pink - Remember (84,800)
3. SNSD - Party (75,900)
4. f(x) - 4 Walls (75,600)
5. Taetiseo - Dear Santa (60,400)
6. Twice - Ooh Ahh (49,900)
7. Red Velvet - Ice Cream Cake (48,800)
8. Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb (46,600)
9. AOA - Heart Attack (42,400)
10. Girl's Day - Ring My Bell (30,600)
11. T-ara - Crazy (21,600)
12. 4minute - Crazy (21,100)
13. Lovelyz - Ah Choo (19,900)
14. EXID - Ah Yeah (19,700)
15. SISTAR - Shake It (18,900)
16. Lovelyz - Hello (16,100)
17. KARA - Cupid (13,900)
18. Girlfriend - Me Gustas Tu (12,000)
19. Wonder Girls - I Feel You (11,200)
20. Lovelyz - To You (11,100)
21. Mamamoo - Um Oh Ah Ye (10,700)
22. miss A - Only You (10,600)
23. Oh My Girl - Closer (8,700)
24. Oh My Girl - Cupid (8,200)

Rookie girl group album sales

1. Twice - The Story Begins (49,904)
2. Red Velvet - Ice Cream Cake (48,815)
3. Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb (46,571)
4. Lovelyz - Lovelyz8 (19,850)
5. Lovelyz - Hi (16,079)
6. Girlfriend - Flower Bud (11,957)
7. Lovelyz - Lovelinus (11,097)
8. Mamamoo - Pink FUnky (10,667)
9. Oh My Girl - Closer (8,743)
10. Oh My Girl - Oh My Girl (8,144)

From Pann/NB. No male list.

#JusticeForReboot

llehuty

Wow Twice beating Red Velvet with a way shorter time frame? I didn't see that coming.

Also, what's with considering Red Velvet, Lovelyz and Mamamoo rookies in a 2015 list?

#JusticeForTrueRookies

Twice is on fire. But how is wonder girls sale so low.

I love this performance of 'Someone like U.'
That intro song is rough though. At least they look cute. Ahyoung without backing vocals singing a ballad.... 1:24 is so tragic. Of all albums Dal Shabet has released this was like the worst one to actually have them perform a full 3 minute intro. Sigh.

the intro song is just too much... someone like U is so good though

luso

Wow Twice beating Red Velvet with a way shorter time frame? I didn't see that coming.

Also, what's with considering Red Velvet, Lovelyz and Mamamoo rookies in a 2015 list?

#JusticeForTrueRookies

Twice had some 12 fansignings.
The others considered rookies because during 2015 they didn't completed full 1 year yet, so they consider the entire 2015.

Taeyeon considered (solo) she would be second.

llehuty

Twice had some 12 fansignings.
And? Sales are sales.

JYP girl group beating SM's girl group is surprising, and with one year less of promo. It puts under the light how messy was Red Velvet's debut. Not even SM can get away with debuting a group without proper hype building before it.

JKTrix

You're right, JYP really did throw some weight behind them. I mean, who has time for a TV Show to promote One Group? SM sure doesn't. Congrats Twice, pls take a break

JKTrix

I watched every episode of the S Club 7 show. I think.

I wonder if it costed JYP less money for the overall Sixteen TV show than it did for the Wonder Girls' United States efforts

Ym1r

Sales may be sales but having 12 fansignings puts the number in perspective. That is an ass ton of fansignings since debuting.

I'm actual curious how much this contributes to sales too, there are some people who would buy 5 albums just to get higher chances in the lotto.

JKTrix

They hopped on to the V App pretty hard too, with a combination of pretty high quality prerecorded shows and live events. There was just one this morning, a live one with Mina by herself. Really promoted hard

llehuty

Yep, Twice is the blueprint of how to debut a girl group. They were doing things everywhere since debut, Weekly Idol, V app, Instagram, Meet&Greet, Fanmeets, CFs

Another interesting point, I know that Miss A didn't get a lot to work with, but Twice has sold more than 4 times more albums than them, and they are still charting.

And fansigns are not a very important factor. Bestie, 9muses, OMG, CLC, Gfriend,... all these groups do fansigns and look where are their sales...

Ym1r

Yep, Twice is the blueprint of how to debut a girl group. They were doing things everywhere since debut, Weekly Idol, V app, Instagram, Meet&Greet, Fanmeets, CFs

Another interesting point, I know that Miss A didn't get a lot to work with, but Twice has sold more than 4 times more albums than them, and they are still charting.

And fansigns are not a very important factor. Bestie, 9muses, OMG, CLC, Gfriend,... all these groups do fansigns and look where are their sales...

I don't know, it's hard to discount fansigns. Of course the difference between Twice and the rest is that they were constantly promoted by other means, so it means that more people will show up for their fansigns as opposed to other groups. But the potential of fansigns for physical album sales is much better (and enhanced when you're actually well known). You're practically guaranteed physical album sales at fansigns, and the more and more you put yourself out there, like JYP managed to actually do with Twice, the more impact fansigns are going to have on your sales.

I'm pretty sure it's also what sets male groups from female groups, you practically have each fan girl buying 5~ albums each just to have a chance at touching their fave(s)

luso

And? Sales are sales.

JYP girl group beating SM's girl group is surprising, and with one year less of promo. It puts under the light how messy was Red Velvet's debut. Not even SM can get away with debuting a group without proper hype building before it.

As someone said, to put the figures into perspective, I'm not trying to diminish what they accomplished. But fan signs are important on this regard, and with 12, it's one per week on average since debut. Checking GAON numbers we confirm that, sales figures of their 3rd month of sales are very near to their 2nd month which in turn are not very different from their very 1st one. Impossible without the fan signs.

Of course their debut was totally different from RV. And even they, RV, were totally different from any SM group, where there was always a longer build-up before debut. Whatever was SM reasons to do it like that (was it f(x) only?) surely they are now regaining the time "lost". Twice is, however, doing it properly since the start.

llehuty

So if fansigns are this money making machine that sell albums like hot cakes, why aren't Red Velvet (hell, or every group) doing them, then? And why the others that do them aren't that successful?

You both also forgot that since it's a 9 member girl group, fans would have to get at least 9 different albums to get all the photocards. Shady Twice and their schemes to trick the Gaon charts.

Also, the meet&greet signed CD. This manipulation needs to stop, #EverybodyKnows

Sales are sales, they outsold Red Velvet in 3 months, you can move on now.

Selane

but but but it doesn't count because

Seriously though, as someone who has never in the history of the universe liked or cared about a JYP group before now, and who literally watched their MV for the first time ever three days ago, they seem pretty cool. If nothing else I'm impressed that JYP managed to source three attractive Japanese females from somewhere, quite an accomplishment.

RV had 2 major releases this year, Twice just 1.

Outsold what exactly? Sales are sales.

JYP is doing great promoting these girls that's for sure.

You both also forgot that since it's a 9 member girl group, fans would have to get at least 9 different albums to get all the photocards. Shady Twice and their schemes to trick the Gaon charts.

There's a signed version also avaiable at several retailers, they seriously made the most out of a first release like this one.

Ym1r

So if fansigns are this money making machine that sell albums like hot cakes, why aren't Red Velvet (hell, or every group) doing them, then? And why the others that do them aren't that successful?

Also, the meet&greet signed CD. This manipulation needs to stop, #EverybodyKnows

Every group does fan signs but fitting that many in, in a short period of time? Also taking into account all those other factors too, just because you do a fan sign doesn't mean you'll sell a lot. Like I said when you consider all the other factors of popularity that was invested into Twice, then you can see how fan signs could have aided the physical album sales.

The more popular you are the more people you can get to come to your fansign and have more people buy more albums. The less popular you are the well its kinda obvious. And being more popular means a person would buy more to see you rather than just one, to try and beat out others who only bought one.

Everybody knows how much was invested into Twice, but everything you mentioned besides fan signs were relatively known. Knowing how many they held could put that number in perspective. And all I was doing was speculating why they sold a lot because you seemed so curious in the first place.

Pendulum

What's that Pledis trainee done that's given her so much attention in Produce 101? Was something appended to the After School comeback petition that people are signing?

What's that Pledis trainee done that's given her so much attention in Produce 101? Was something appended to the After School comeback petition that people are signing?

Not sure if the Chinese can vote, but that might explain it. Not many Chinese contestants afaik. I've heard of this girl before the contest though. Some people seem hyped for her, though I'm not sure if it's because of talent, visuals, personality or just because she's not Korean. Her nickname is Pinky. Her intro video and her hidden box video.

but but but it doesn't count because

Seriously though, as someone who has never in the history of the universe liked or cared about a JYP group before now, and who literally watched their MV for the first time ever three days ago, they seem pretty cool. If nothing else I'm impressed that JYP managed to source three attractive Japanese females from somewhere, quite an accomplishment.

They're average for Japanese girls, honestly.

Top Bottom