• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

No No Eul

I've just discovered that Shiyoon and Chaekyung of Puretty, Baby Kara and should-have-been-in-April fame are taking part in Produce 101. They're both still DSP trainees which comes as a bit of a surprise. I figured they'd left the company ages ago.

If those two are in the show, I wonder whether Somin ought to get in on the act as contestant #102, or maybe DSP should stop fucking about and put all three of them in a group with Youngji already.

Also, I'd forgotten that our Lord and Saviour is in Produce 101. Dani hwaiting.

I've just discovered that Shiyoon and Chaekyung of Puretty, Baby Kara and should-have-been-in-April fame are taking part in Produce 101. They're both still DSP trainees which comes as a bit of a surprise. I figured they'd left the company ages ago.

If those two are in the show, I wonder whether Somin ought to get in on the act as contestant #102, or maybe DSP should stop fucking about and put all three of them in a group with Youngji already.

Also, I'd forgotten that our Lord and Saviour is in Produce 101. Dani hwaiting.

Shiyoon is currently 14th in the voting. Dani 11th. Somi 1st.

9jmoWvC.jpg

Somin would have been the 99th contestant btw, 3 dropped out before the show started. Produce 98

llehuty

I saw some of the 1 min casting clips (around 30 girls) and one of them was Dani. Damn, the girl doesn't want to take any part on this, what a lazy effort. Although there were a lot of girls with lazy presentations. How do you want to be picked to form a part of an idol group without doing any dancing or singing?

Do we know what system is the show following? It's only audience vote based?

Hey Dice, why aren't you talking about Chanmi taking part of Produce 101? I thought you would have been on 7th heaven with the revelation. Disappointing lack of reaction from you.

Speaking of Chanmi, the desperation is palpable. Jesus fucking christ.

I saw some of the 1 min casting clips (around 30 girls) and one of them was Dani. Damn, the girl doesn't want to take any part on this, what a lazy effort. Although there were a lot of girls with lazy presentations. How do you want to be picked to form a part of an idol group without doing any dancing or singing?

Do we know what system is the show following? It's only audience vote based?

No clue. As for Dani, from what I can recall, she can't sing, rap or dance, so going the variety route is not a bad idea.

Oh, CCM's wonderchild Dani is also on that show huh. Well, keep on trying girl. Makes me wonder about Areum, is she still on friendly terms with the ghosts in her bedroom?

That most-popular list has a lot of girls that already had some form of exposure before the show. The Dia girls are 2nd and 3rd. I'm also curious about the format of the show. Hopefully it won't be too much like your typical talent show.

Oh, CCM's wonderchild Dani is also on that show huh. Well, keep on trying girl. Makes me wonder about Areum, is she still on friendly terms with the ghosts in her bedroom?

That most-popular list has a lot of girls that already had some form of exposure before the show. The Dia girls are 2nd and 3rd. I'm also curious about the format of the show. Hopefully it won't be too much like your typical talent show.

Areum was so cute I dont know why they got rid of her.

So Griend's Weekly Idol appearance was better than TWICE's therefore Gfriend is the better group.

Any of y'all gonna be at A-Pinkeu's show here in Dallas on Wednesday?

I didn't have any plans to go since I had plans to be at CES but I decided to take the week off away from my bosses and coworkers so I'll be at home chilling all week.

Which means A-Pink is literally 15 minutes away from my house lol.

feist_

Banned

Twice for Innisfree/High Cut
https://www.facebook.com/innisfreeHQ/videos/1155040401175275/?fref=nf

As for Dani, from what I can recall, she can't sing, rap or dance, so going the variety route is not a bad idea.
From what I recall, not only is your recollection correct, Dani also spoke essentially no Korean. Would hope she has at least improved that aspect by now.

Nice work signing someone with no discernible talent, KKS.

ha ji won, seulgi, best hyorin, lim kim, nine muses,
one of the
best mina, uee, dohee, yoon so hee, victoria, krystal, jessica, seolhyun, rainbow

If I saw the MBC Gayo are there any performances from the other 2 worth checking out?

Also so many retro comebacks, but still nothing from my #1 artist Lee Soo Young =(

feist_

Banned
Meant to post the YouTube version as it's of higher quality:

Twice for Innisfree/High Cut --- [이니스프리] 반짝반짝 빛나는 트와이스의 스팀광 피부

Second-shortest-hair girl looks a lot better with black hair.
That would be charming munchkin, and maknae-line* member Chaeyoung. *along with Dahyun and Tzuyu, the three are all around 15-16 y/o, or so

Chaeyoung may have been the best overall during their Sugar Man stage:

Jihyo, Nayeon, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung --- 트와이스 '2015 당돌한 여자'♪ 슈가맨 11회

Tzuyu sounded awful, while Nayeon and Jihyo are better singers than displayed there. Their parts were off, despite being the two best singers in the group. I think Tzuyu may also be a better singer than that, and you have to factor in she's still learning Korean.

Ym1r

Newest Family Guy episode is great, they get obsessed with a Korean drama and go to Korea to finish it, Sistar's Touch My Body also appears, and they parody Bubble Pop.

llehuty

If I saw the MBC Gayo are there any performances from the other 2 worth checking out?

Also so many retro comebacks, but still nothing from my #1 artist Lee Soo Young =(

Talking from the top of my head, but T-ara at SBS, Wonder Girls at SBS (minus the Yubin solo), SNSD's Catch me if you can and EXID at KBS. I don't know your tastes anyway, but those where the highlights for me.

From what I recall, not only is your recollection correct, Dani also spoke essentially no Korean. Would hope she has at least improved that aspect by now.

Yep, she does her clip in korean, and thankfully, because that Cali accent she has speaking english is at Tiffany levels of irritating.

Chanmi, once on the grasp of debuting with groups like SNSD/T-ara, now desperately clinging to her dreams of becoming an idol. Struggling in a field with ~90 other non factors, and she can barely breach the top50. Dice, once her #1 fanboy, isn't even acknowledging her existance.

Bye

Nice work signing someone with no discernible talent, KKS.

Worked out in Qri/Borams case! Gotta have those members who's only purpose is to exist on stage without getting in the way of the actual members Hyomin, Eunjung, Soyeon, Jiyeon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lol calling me her #1 fanboy b/c I was the only one who fanboyed over her at all

Talking from the top of my head, but T-ara at SBS, Wonder Girls at SBS (minus the Yubin solo), SNSD's Catch me if you can and EXID at KBS. I don't know your tastes anyway, but those where the highlights for me.

I'll take a look. Wonder Girls are always good. Exid is hit or miss for me I guess, I liked their initial stuff, up and down was alright, and never really got into Hot Pink. Thanks.

Selane

Chanmi was an extremely good vocalist, it's a shame that she ruined things for herself with her bitchy attitude.

I'm still kind of salty that Co-ed and (original)5Dolls self-destructed, because they had a lot of really awesome songs.

If you didn't buy into the pedo bullshit:
IU - Twenty Three at SBS Gayo

IU was good as usual. Think the rock Wonder Girls was better than the remix and yeah...I don't know what that "drum solo" was supposed to achieve. T-ara was better than I expected because I kind of dropped off them after Temptastic, when they started doing more experimental, for lack of a better term, styles and Soyeon changed her face like every month.

feist_

Banned
1450460914HD5XLmgZsNuyZvzD9YYcDkzXyBCX7IW.gif

1450460834mtoYc4mpO.gif

IU was good as usual. Think the rock Wonder Girls was better than the remix and yeah...I don't know what that "drum solo" was supposed to achieve. T-ara was better than I expected because I kind of dropped off them after Temptastic, when they started doing more experimental, for lack of a better term, styles and Soyeon changed her face like every month.
1450460880JuQlUvz4O.gif

It's sadly true, though.
Fully agree on IU and WG performances.

Yep, she does her clip in korean, and thankfully, because that Cali accent she has speaking english is at Tiffany levels of irritating.
Hmmm, may need to find a clip and see.

Worked out in Qri/Borams case! Gotta have those members who's only purpose is to exist on stage without getting in the way of the actual members Hyomin, Eunjung, Soyeon, Jiyeon.
Yeah, T-ara have always been: Trinity +1.

Mind, Boram does have singing ability, and Qri has... yeah, Boram is not a bad vocalist.

llehuty

Holy shit Dal Shabet song, it has zero time to breath. I'm liking it already, but I feel like the MV sound effects ruin it a bit.

Also, it is starring to look like Brave Bros is getring his mojo back or, at least, he is not copy pasting his productions. Last AOA, 9muses and now Dal Shabet. They have the "brave bros sound" but still stand out.

luso

So it's official the end of KARA :(
Only DSP official statement missing?
https://twitter.com/theseoulstory/status/684293856657936384

One of the first groups I remember, I think "Rock U" was the first MV I watched from them.
Seungyeon Hammi my first bias and I followed them closely until 2010, Lupin hype was on the roof and it delivered.
The DSP and members mess with the contracts were a low point for the group.
They went to Japan and with less Korean activities I stopped following them so closely, I was already into Soshi by then (well, since 2009).
Good luck to all the members.

Living for Dal Shabet. The MV, while a good production, is a bit awkward though. They captured some awkward looks of the girls. I do like that it feels like a 'best-off' of some of Dal Shabet's previous concepts. But I absolutely love the song, much much better than Joker.

Oh and Serri rapping... I'll allow it.

Top Bottom