• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ev0

Youngji is love

tumblr_nctqbmsnfc1rs4mbro2_250.gif
tumblr_nctqbmsnfc1rs4mbro3_250.gif

I really didnt care about Youngji til I saw her on Roomate. Shes amusing.

tumblr_ncxn6dbeaI1r3kk98o1_500.gif

llehuty

Plastic surgery talk already on page 2? That's gotta be a record.

At least it's not a moron talking about this topic, like someone we all know.

And answering Mlatador, yeah, pretty much everyone had some kind of procedure done in the face, some are more drastic than others though.

Mlatador

Banned
At least it's not a moron talking about this topic, like someone we all know.

And answering Mlatador, yeah, pretty much everyone had some kind of procedure done in the face, some are more drastic than others though.

Well, I'm not a K-Pop expert, so I thought I just ask. I'm actually surprised how good and natural is looks.

ramyeon

Of course Tell Me was the first, mostly around Asia, but alone would not be enough, a stronger follow-up was needed. And did it had this? :p
Well we are talking about what launched Hallyu, after all. The girl group craze started because of Tell Me. It was huge. And it part of it being huge was funny dance covers by people all around the world on YouTube so yeah :p

Pendulum

ramyeon

In sheer global click count you can't really compare Tell me to the explosion of Gee.
You said it launched the modern Hallyu era though, thats all I'm saying is wrong. Because it didn't. It was a huge contributor but not the catalyst.

Still had more impact than Genie, or any other SNSD song, though that is definitely true.

Well, I'm not a K-Pop expert, so I thought I just ask. I'm actually surprised how good and natural is looks.

Yeah I found out though this thread a few days ago one of my favorites had work done too. #Whoknew. In general though like others said it seems like little stuff gets done that can mostly go unnoticed for people who are not hardcore about pointing it out lol.

Partly unfair to think everyone has work done but at the same time, a lot more than you would expect apparently.

tumblr_nctqbmsnfc1rs4mbro3_250.gif

Definitely my kind of woman.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Youngji's the best thing that happened to a k-pop group in over a year. She's perfect all around. All hail Queen Youngji, eater of greens.

giri

The 180 degree change in people's attitude towards Youngji is pretty amusing.

I find it more amusing that people put up the charade that anyone's done a 180 on Youngji.

No one hated Youngji she was my pick out of all of them before the variety show ran.

People are just disillusioned with/out right hate DSP.
The contracts and Nicole / Jiyoung situation left people feeling extremely negatively.
The obviously faked/rigged voting results that saw Youngji get in after a really below average showing through out the whole show.
Then announcing that, surprise!, they're only going to add one member not two.
Mixed in with a whole other bunch of shadyness.

Youngji might have caught some of that backlash, but i don't think most people hated directly on her. They might have pointed out she really didn't earn that place compared to.. somin? But most of the vitriol was directed at DSP.

I'm glad she's doing well. Though... she hasn't been on level with the others. But that was never going to happen. The others have had years of massive stages to get comfortable out there.

It helped a whole lot that Mamma Mia was pretty great.

ramyeon

I find it more amusing that people put up the charade that anyone's done a 180 on Youngji.

No one hated Youngji she was my pick out of all of them before the variety show ran.

The contracts and Nicole / Jiyoung situation left people feeling extremely negatively.
The obviously faked/rigged voting results that saw Youngji get in after a really below average showing through out the whole show.

Youngji might have caught some of that backlash, but i don't think most people hated directly on her. They might have pointed out she really didn't earn that place compared to.. somin? But most of the vitriol was directed at DSP.

I'm glad she's doing well. Though... she hasn't been on level with the others. But that was never going to happen. The others have had years of massive stages to get comfortable out there.

No charade here, yo. There were a lot of nasty comments being thrown around online when she won.

I think it's great that people's attitudes have changed, she's a breath of fresh air on variety shows. If anything it says more about the preconceived notions a lot of people had about her due to the situation Kara was put in.

At the end of the day I can't imagine any of the other contestants being a better fit for the group.

llehuty

tumblr_lzo9vvNwfJ1rq2czwo1_500.gif

I would like to express my full approval of the quoted post.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Youngji is getting better in her singing and dancing and whatnot but my main thing for her to feel like she fits is to learn expressiveness. She knows how to look in a direction, but doesn't know how to give a look. When she learns how to do that without actually having direct eye contact with another person, she'll be good enough. Also, as giri said it is mostly animosity toward DSP's clusterfuck. I said before that if they are going to take on Youngji it should just be a new era for them and to focus on that, and I still feel that way. Mamma Mia is cool but when they do older Kara songs it just feels wrong.

Blanc is now, Blanc & Eclare.

As BLANC & ECLARE prepares to helm this growth, we will be moving our global headquarters to New York this upcoming year.

Jessica Jung stated, “Although the unveiling of ECLARE was sooner than expected, I am proud to be taking BLANC & ECLARE to the next level. I am humbled by the overwhelming support this brand has received and I assure you that we will be diligent as we continually look to evolve and innovate.”

10485997_773848066018880_1433806517939923805_o.jpg

About Jessica Jung

Jessica is a multi-faceted artist who enjoys a vibrant career as a singer, actress, stage performer, model and designer. With multiple albums, singles and duets in her discography, Jessica has expanded her reach in the entertainment industry to include stage performance and acting roles. She has appeared in popular Korean TV shows including, most recently, her own reality show.

http://blancgroup.com/pages/news

Was that description like that before?

Ym1r

She's allowed to concentrate on herself and her business now because shes out of Soshi.

I'm telling u the 8 other girls kicked her out in order to make her realize her dream.

Jessica just misunderstood.

#justkdramathings

Fafnir

Jessica will be back in Soshi. Not anytime soon, but one day she'll be back as time heals all. SM will hype it up with a comeback special that will explain everything nice and neat. Then send them off on a "world" tour in Korea/Japan/China.

dokish

Banned
Jessica will be back in Soshi. Not anytime soon, but one day she'll be back as time heals all. SM will hype it up with a comeback special that will explain everything nice and neat. Then send them off on a "world" tour in Korea/Japan/China.

The question is: Do we actually want her in there?

Might ditch Hyoyeon aswell.

dokish

Banned
Hangeul Culture Festival eve celebration Oct 8 (17:00 – 21:30)
Northern part of Gwanghwamun Square Hangeul proclamation reenactment, KBS radio visual show (guests: Girl’s Generation – TTs, Roy Kim and more)

As much as I would like to see TTS live... What the hell they have that is related to Korean language?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I figured a new post would be here already.

Peru

IU vid is sweet

You said it launched the modern Hallyu era though, thats all I'm saying is wrong. Because it didn't. It was a huge contributor but not the catalyst.

Still had more impact than Genie, or any other SNSD song, though that is definitely true.

Well, ok, it was the biggest contributor. Tell Me may have set the wheels in motion but Gee and Sorry Sorry are the songs anyone would remember becoming known outside of k-pop fan communities globally. Gee was what got threads on non-kpop forums, bemused news articles around the world, etc. Tell Me didn't have that international impact.

Dice

It's a lot smoother when I spectate. I think I'm adding lag.

Dice

Okay yeah, I'm definitely adding the lag. I'll bow out so you can enjoy. Let me know if either of you come to middle/east 'murika and we'll play then.

Edit: It's not as bad as KOF was tho.

ramyeon

Okay yeah, I'm definitely adding the lag. I'll bow out so you can enjoy. Let me know if either of you come to middle/east 'murika and we'll play then.

Edit: It's not as bad as KOF was tho.
Not sure if it was you or not, but the game we just had now was pretty bad too. Kind of annoying how bad the 3DS is at online.

Dice

Those games confirmed Dark Pit is a god tho. If the lag weren't so bad I think my down-specials would have had correct timing to counter a lot of normal hits. The fact I survived between Robin and Samus projectile spamming for a good while there is a testament.

SHIELDSROLLSHIELDSROLLROLLBLOCKSHIELDSROLLL

I also got confirmation on it's use as an edge deny/bumper KO. Might have to main him on Wii U. Not sure I'll even have a main on 3DS because it's not tight enough to feel anything you do is masterful. Pretty fun for casual play tho.

ramyeon

Vanty your Cap is scary as haha. I gotta run for a bit to do some stuff so you can jump back in if you want Dice.

vanty

Those games confirmed Dark Pit is a god tho. If the lag weren't so bad I think my down-specials would have had correct timing to counter a lot of normal hits. The fact I survived between Robin and Samus projectile spamming for a good while there is a testament.

SHIELDSROLLSHIELDSROLLROLLBLOCKSHIELDSROLLL

I also got confirmation on it's use as an edge deny/bumper KO. Might have to main him on Wii U. Not sure I'll even have a main on 3DS because it's not tight enough to feel anything you do is masterful. Pretty fun for casual play tho.
I was just playing random lvl9s before as Samus. Had a Dark Pit who fucked me pretty hard then I was like 'thank fuck that's over" and next random was a Pit who did me almost as bad ahah. The combination of the fast arrows and reflect shields make Samus' projectile game largely useless if not suicidal.

Did pretty well as Cap in that last game. Two SDs that were counted as KOs for some reason and I almost beat a character I've only ever fought once in the unlocking fight ahah.

ramyeon

I was just playing random lvl9s before as Samus. Had a Dark Pit who fucked me pretty hard then I was like 'thank fuck that's over" and next random was a Pit who did me almost as bad ahah. The combination of the fast arrows and reflect shields make Samus' projectile game largely useless if not suicidal.

Did pretty well as Cap in that last game. Two SDs that were counted as KOs for some reason and I almost beat a character I've only ever fought once in the unlocking fight ahah.
Haven't fought any lv9 Dark Pits yet. Lv9 Lucario scares the shit out of me as Lucina though, still haven't managed to take one down.

And yeah if you hadn't had those SDs you would've had that one. First time I'd used the Duck Hunt Dog before, his moves are pretty... interesting.

luso

So Jessica out of idol and entertainment life.
That BLANC statement shows a relevant part of what was happening lately.
Now, jessica only in photo shoots, if lucky

TTS
N06WV2Z.jpg

ramyeon

Peru

This sounds so good.

The reference to 우리가 헤어진 진짜 이유 in this teaser was cute

And 오늘 헤어졌어요, and 기다리다

Top Bottom