• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Eldren

I'm still thinking about that Brave Girls track. It's so nice. I really hope that this is reflective of Brave Bros' sound maturing. He'll always get a pass from me for Miniskirt but some of his recent output has been obnoxious so this is a really pleasant change. Hopefully he keeps this up if (as I suspect) he does AOA's comeback later this year.

Also I don't know if it was posted but the choreography is pretty good too.

Also 2: 5th Gaon Chart Awards livestream. No idea about performers or award categories or anything but...here you go.

luso

awwwyis tae is finally gonna sing gemini live... its one of the song on sketchbook
hope it doesnt take forever for good subs....

I'm not sure if all performances will be aired, usually some will not make the cut. Unless are short versions of the songs.

GAON charts are predictable, they're based on the GAON sales, monthly and yearly.
Poor Tae hair, what the stylist did...
Tiffany on the other hand
tumblr_o2or9p09w71rvm7hxo1_540.jpg

I like Nu'est, they always have songs I like. Their new title track is pretty good too.
I would've preferred After School to have a comeback though.

roaSone

I hope we'll have one heck of an album, it's time for them to get acknowledged not only by their talent but also for their music.

Peru

GFriend, who seeked an audience of KPop's most reactionary singer, had their first No.1 with Rough, which is a sad song showing desperation and resignation to their fate, not with Me Gustas Tu, probably the song which carried the most hope in the last 14 months.

That shows even the newer acts are influenced by IU's deep pessimism, hopelessness, conformity and reactionarism.

Instead of conquering the world and becoming a contender, KPop has just become a genre of music popular in some Asian countries, and IU and Melon are going to maker sure it stays that way.

It was a great attempt to kindle the world's spirit, but it is now imprisoned in what would be the St.Helena of nowdays, probably Diego Garcia or Guantanamo, with no hope of release until IU (still 22 as of today) loses power..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
IU is truly the Napoleon of kpop. Someday we'll look back partially with mixed feelings regarding her accomplishments, but mostly with deconstructionist ambivalence about what to do with the freedoms she gave it as we indulge sentimentalism in maintaining the memory of what kpop was in the old days when it had a glory we don't even care about anymore.

flyover

I'm still thinking about that Brave Girls track. It's so nice. I really hope that this is reflective of Brave Bros' sound maturing. He'll always get a pass from me for Miniskirt but some of his recent output has been obnoxious so this is a really pleasant change. Hopefully he keeps this up if (as I suspect) he does AOA's comeback later this year.

Also I don't know if it was posted but the choreography is pretty good too.

Yeah, the song is great, and I like this dance practice video more than the official MV.

llehuty

[MV] NU'EST(뉴이스트) _ OVERCOME(여왕의 기사)
Wasn't posted before for some reason.

Yuju so OP

Yeah, the song is great, and I like this dance practice video more than the official MV.

The MV is a no event. It feels like they booked the MV venue and outfits before they decided what song they were going to record it for.

But daaaaamn the song. The way it grabbed me on the first listen when the first verse kicks in, I don't know when was the last time that this happened to me. And the thing is that the fantastic mood stays there during the whole song, even the long rap break (which on paper, sounds awful) is really good.

And yes, I'm a bit salty that 9muses got "I can't sleep and I'm hungry" instead of this as low key single.

neoism

I'm not sure if all performances will be aired, usually some will not make the cut. Unless are short versions of the songs.

GAON charts are predictable, they're based on the GAON sales, monthly and yearly.
Poor Tae hair, what the stylist did...
Tiffany on the other hand
tumblr_o2or9p09w71rvm7hxo1_540.jpg

wait wat? tae herself said she messed it up when dyeing it and thats why she had to cut it...hope she goes to light black burette until it get longer again...

Dice

The latter, I don't post on OH.

Also, English comprehension/usage lesson for lurker who originally saw it and will likely see this post in the future:
I was painting a picture of a prospective future us looking back on IU/hallyu kpop as a caricature of modern day French (in pure popular stereotype form) looking back on Napoleon/old France. In this understanding, one can draw a distinction between mixed feelings about historical accomplishments and ambivalence (I'm pretty sure you just looked it up in the dictionary) because one can have clear stances on each accomplishment, some good, some bad, but ambivalence describes something more nebulous than that, being more a reference to the rather uniform uncertain feeling you have being torn between things, such as how one feels about making up their mind with what to do in life with what they have been given.

Trust me, it was a fun joke if you didn't need it explained to you. ;P

Edit: Yo I love this response lol http://onehallyu.com/topic/287524-d...the-hallyu-wave-from-spreading/#entry12419430

Edit 2: Thinking about it, Peru, they don't even know when we're playing. I think that means we're next-level now, haha.

JKTrix

Maybe if I didn't delete my post about Kpop sucking more the longer that Dahye is away they'd have caught on to the IU jokes

Pendulum

Gotta intersperse my posts with Sungah pics.

New WJSN/Cosmic Girls pics. First stage is on the 20th at a StarCraft tournament.
(For those that don't read Hangul:
Cheng Xiao, Seol A
Bona, Yeoreum
Eun Seo, Exy,
Xuan Yi, Luda
Dayoung, Soobin
Mei Qi, Dawon)

Dice

That is way too many cosmic girls. I can already only keep track of 4 Twice members.

Selane

Ahahahaha. Not sure if Wolf is worse than I Got a Boy(it's not), but it's still pretty horrendous. Don't forget to check the super hot original version if you haven't already. Even Exo fangirls think that shit is horrible and they're the most defensive people on the planet.

- "Hate" is the most popular music video in Cube history after 2 weeks (views+likes)
- Cube's stock price rose 5.2% since Jan. 21
- Hate + Crazy generated over 13 million views and 250,000 likes since Jan. 1

Hate YouTube Stats (updated)
7.7 million views
219,000 like / 8,000 dislike
27:1 Like / Dislike Ratio

Number of Likes (Girl Groups)
4Minute - Hate MV (Jan 31, 2016) -> 219,000 Like (27:1 Like/Dislike Ratio)
Apink - Remember MV (Jul 15, 2015) -> 212,000 Like (14:1 Like/Dislike Ratio in two channels)
Exid - Hot Pink MV (Nov 17, 2015) -> 149,000 Like (16:1 Like/Dislike Ratio)
GFriend - Rough MV (Jan 24, 2016) -> 92,000 Like (15:1 Like / Dislike Ratio)

Hyuna - Roll Deep MV (Aug 20, 2015) -> 234,000 Like (13:1 Like/Dislike Ratio)

JKTrix

That's an interesting/unconventional way to compare them favorably, I guess. What made you pick 'Likes' as a metric? What made you pick the other groups to compare them to?

No No Eul

Latest episode of Produce 101 is over. Eliminations have taken place. My faves are all safe for now, although some of them aren't nearly as close to the top 11 as I would like.

Not enough love for Kang Siwon. Far too much love for Jeon Soyeon.

Pendulum

Not enough love for Kang Siwon. Far too much love for Jeon Soyeon.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but are you talking about airtime/editing, or votes? Because Soyeon is good.

Edit: Cos I don't mind spoilers, checked and my faves are all there
(and I don't think there are any surprises amongst those eliminated)
. Next elimination will be interesting if they are going to put up 1000 votes based on group again.

Top Bottom