• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Seulgi rules this page
CzbQm80.jpg

Audio teaser for a track (처음인가요 (First Time)) off The Velvet

Poor F0rneus can't handle the heat like I can. I don't need no ugly tattoos to be a rebel!

Opportune moment to remind you all that I Got A Boy is a better album than Pink Tape.

Audio teaser for a track (처음인가요 (First Time)) off The Velvet

Sounds boring. Hope it's not the title track, or that I'm wrong. The Dumb Dumb teasers weren't particularly indicative of the songs if I recall correctly.

So I have been watching a few Mamamoo stage performances and I noticed that during certain parts of a song/performance they always do something different each time whether its ad libbing a few lines or making a funny face. Does any other group do this?

Hyomin's iconic dancebreaks in Bo Peep Bo Peep come to mind.

Recently Seventeen had a few different endings for their 'Adore U' performances. I don't know of groups that switched up vocals though.

luso

So I have been watching a few Mamamoo stage performances and I noticed that during certain parts of a song/performance they always do something different each time whether its ad libbing a few lines or making a funny face. Does any other group do this?

I'm sure many groups does those thing, at least choreo.
Lion Heart

llehuty

Suiyoubi no campanella (that apparently will go by the name of Wednesday Campanella from now on for international audiences) have released a new song:
WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA『チュパカブラ』
I hope this rebranding means the are going to make an international push.
European tour, plsss.

[Teaser] Jessi (제시) _ Excessive Love (살찐 사랑)

Idk how I feel about this but I will say that Express 999 is the best thing Soshi has ever done that isn't a single.

Have you heard Telepathy?

The song you are looking for is Green Light

feist_

Banned
The Great Escape is at worst top 3-5 non-singles in their catalogue, if not #1. That chorus is still deadly.

Now, this is the part where I remind you that not only is SNSD's best album not in their native tongue, but it was released about 5 years ago...

You humorously stated your opinion and the thread humorously responded. I honestly don't think there was any malice intended here. :)
As it very clearly was. At this point F0rneus has been here long enough to have a decent feel for the tone of many of the members in this thread.

Not being able to determine the sarcasm, satire and subtext (among other things) used by various members is likely the most confusing thing for lurkers and newcomers. For one, some still think it's a creepy fetish thread or something of a Korean music equivalent to the PopGAF threads.

Either way, this isn't what I'd call a clique-ish thread unless I misunderstood what was behind some of the Seulgi comments, or took [Tae] Avatars all that seriously.

Am I the only one who's really enjoying the hell out of Ladies Code's Galaxy?

For reference, it's sitting at 33 plays on my iTunes(not counting my iPhone, and it's been played at least once during my work commute). Meanwhile Mamamoo's You're The Best is sitting at 14 and I don't remember it ever coming up during the drive.

Pls forgive me Solar.
The entire thing is great, and among my most played series of songs since Wonder Girls' "Reboot." I have a hard time deciding which song I like best. While the girls sound nice, there is something about the way Sojung's voice blends with the music on ”My Flower” and ”Galaxy” that I love. It's like she takes over the songs in a non-overbearing way.

By the way, Solar had a recent solo magazine photo spread which I never got around to posting and you've probably seen by now.

I thought japanese songs were out of the question (because nobody would ever link one of the korean ones).

*Links any song from the 1st japanese album*

That's what I thought at first actually lol.

But to be fair, you can't really ignore Soshi's Japanese discography... I actually feel like it's a lot better than the Korean discography in some respects.

The entire thing is great, and among my most played series of songs since Wonder Girls' "Reboot." I have a hard time deciding which song I like best. While the girls sound nice, there is something about the way Sojung's voice blends with the music on ”My Flower” and ”Galaxy” that I love. It's like she takes over the songs in a non-overbearing way.

By the way, Solar had a recent solo magazine photo spread which I never got around to posting and you've probably seen by now.

I'm actually not a fan of My Flower that much and prefer Chaconne a lot more. There's something really really haunting about it and it's amazing. Plus the accordion in it sounds fncking awesome... I've been wanting to learn it ever since I heard it on this song lol.

And yes, that photo shoot was deadly... although I've only seen some LQ copies so it'd be awesome to see some HQ scans.
I'm sure GAF wouldn't mind it either lol.

I always thought it was pretty well established that Japanese Soshi is best Soshi. Because well, it is.

I liked The Red a lot, hyped for The Velvet.

giri

Lmao, is just a teaser
And not a girl group :p

I think Agentchris likes them, though (and will probably post the link before you :p).

Edit: I just saw your post in the GT thread
#dead

lle, Why were AoA where pregnancy clothes tonight?

Peru

So Descendants of the Sun looks like that big drama monster hit of the year, but the clips I've seen were cringe-y. Anyone watching it?

Pendulum

Lol the P101 eliminations.

rip happyface
rip kang siwon
praise lim nayoung for making the top 11

As expected considering the voting numbers now involved, Top 11 (13 in fact) didn't change all that much (compared to the last ranking shown after the episode 2 weeks ago, not when the girls last sat in chairs) apart from 2 position swaps next to each other (Doyeon <-> Sohye, Yuenjung <-> Chaeyeon). Still need more #JusticeForChungha though.
Interesting to see Eunbin's slide after it was revealed she has a "safety net" in CLC. Chanmi just in the 35. Never forget:
tumblr_o23859UfuW1v3ukk4o4_400.gif

Oh, and Mnet changed the public vote back to 1 from 5.

---

Joy teaser (yeah, that's the quality on the official website.)

And audio teaser for a track called "Light Me Up"

---

Zion.T and Kush confirmed as SMTM5 producers.

Pendulum

Produce 101 ep 8 (Raw) - Parts 1 and 2 and 3
The amount of votes the trainees got are shown
Interesting that Rap has been a feature of as many episodes as Vocal and Dance (eg last challenge, San E showing up as a producer in Ep 8) yet it looks like the Top 11 won't have a rapper (unless Cathy stops her slide and moves up 1 or Soyeon gets a big boost)
Also interesting to note the change up in group selection this time - not by overall rank, but by rank in sub group (Dance/Vocal/Rap) based on last performance, and then decided between the 3 with Rock/Paper/Scissors. (And then you've got the leaders of each new group having to kick extra members out :/)
Those reactions when Ryan Jhun revealed he was the producer of "Dumb Dumb" and "View"

No No Eul

Not that I want to encourage our resident YouTube statistician but I Got a Boy now has more views than Gee, which is quite something.

Lol the P101 eliminations.

rip happyface
rip kang siwon
praise lim nayoung for making the top 11

Yeah, disappointed to see
Siwon
go, even if it was kind of inevitable given how little screen time she had. I'm also sad to see
Shiyoon
get eliminated, although to be brutally honest, her performances have been pretty weak and she didn't really deserve to carry on.

Oh, and Mnet changed the public vote back to 1 from 5.

Bastards. Fortunately most of my remaining faves are firmly entrenched in the top 11 so I guess the sensible thing to do would be to vote for someone who's either borderline (Best Nayoung) or someone who's just outside (Chungha).

The top 11 is looking pretty solid though. I think the only two that haven't really made much of an impression on me are Mina and 2nd Best Nayoung. Otherwise, it's good stuff.

Have some ICG while we wait.

tNiX6hs.jpg

Quoting for a new page due to circumstances.

Yeah, disappointed to see
Siwon
go, even if it was kind of inevitable given how little screen time she had. I'm also sad to see
Shiyoon
get eliminated, although to be brutally honest, her performances have been pretty weak and she didn't really deserve to carry on.

Bastards. Fortunately most of my remaining faves are firmly entrenched in the top 11 so I guess the sensible thing to do would be to vote for someone who's either borderline (Best Nayoung) or someone who's just outside (Chungha).

The top 11 is looking pretty solid though. I think the only two that haven't really made much of an impression on me are Mina and 2nd Best Nayoung. Otherwise, it's good stuff.

Only allowing people to vote for one person will hopefully lead to Sohyes demise. It'll probably affect the Jellyfish and Pledis trainees the most aside from her though. Wondering how Im Nayoung will do compared to Pinky. Nayoung seems to be much more popular among ifans. Wonder if Pinky might be getting alot of Chinese votes. Hopefully they'll both make it (Nayoung most important though, by far). I don't mind the other two Jellyfish trainees. Sejeong is obviously the the star there, but they have their charms. I thought Mina did a good job during the Say My Name performance of proving that she's more than a cute eye smile.

lON1GKC.gif
Cutest Nayeon gif ever imo

It's because you can't see her teeth.

Top Bottom