• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
RV letting you know their new album will be FIRE

bg_0314_10.jpg

JKTrix

In case you didn't know (you're somewhat new to the thread so I honestly don't know if you know)

Red Velvet is a dual-concept group. It's in their name, in fact. 'Red' is the lively and colourful side, 'Velvet' is the classy and smooth side. So by calling the last two mini albums 'Red' and 'Velvet' specifically, they're essentially saying outright what the style of the album is.

You can still prefer the Red stuff (I do, slightly), but we already knew it would be like this.

All I want for SMTM5 is for the rumor (or fact idk) that Baby J is gonna be on it to be true. You know, the rapper that joined Jewelry in 2008. She a fierce one, I've always wanted her to do more with her rapping. Never forget.

llehuty

Seungheeeeee <3

Oh my girl comeback when? It feels like it was ages ago when they went to the states to take photos for the album.

I'm really excited for OMG as well, but the big question is will they be able to follow up on Closer. There's never been a song so good that it just pulled me into the group without question. I like the idea that they are 'taking so much time' to present something just as polished. We'll see, it's a really good group. If only they chose a better group name.

late edit: used a word wrongly

llehuty

[MV] HANHAE(&#54620;&#54644;) _ I Used To(&#45236;&#44032; &#51060;&#47000;)
Fantastic production.

&#49828;&#53588;&#46972;&#51247;(Stellarjet) - Guiding Light (Official MV)
Not as good as their debut, but it's still really good.

For some reason I had in my head this thai-pop song that I hadn't heard in at least a year, and I found out that the group has released a new single 4 day ago.
GAIA - Love Me Please!
It's decent.

I'm really excited for OMG as well, but the big question is will they be able to follow up on Closer. There's never been a song so good that it just pulled me into the group without question. I like the idea that they are 'taking so much time' to present something just as polished. We'll see, it's a really good group. If only they chose a better group name.
Well, they have also released Cupid and Hot Summer Nights, so whoever is in charge of picking the music is doing a good job.

Edit: Produce101 fansub team is not holding back:

PmZFEIW.png

The audition clip Spoilers: It's really good.

Dice

Edit: Produce101 fansub team is not holding back:

PmZFEIW.png

The audition clip Spoilers: It's really good.
If you want to be in YG you have to jump around the stage going YE YEAAAA YG BABY GIVE IT UP and then halfass talk the lyrics out of sync as you walk around taking loud gasps of air and stopping at the prechorus to go MAKE SOME NOOOOISE. Because that is apparently "swagger" and cool.

Dice

joy is always hella pretty

edit: she is like a super pretty jedi here

this song is soothing my election nerves. love love love. red velvet delivering. red velvet is the the new era. red velvet saving kpop.

edit 2: this video just made me love sana more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgX69p-zUWM

what a trooper <3

edit 3: weekly idol preview. domestic irene returns.

Pendulum

Red Velvet &#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;_7&#50900; 7&#51068; (One Of These Nights)_Music Video

I think most of the songs in the pre-release description mentioned "R&B", but "Light Me Up" and "Cool Hot Sweet Love" are the two more firmly along those lines and will probably be enjoyed most by those that can't appreciate a ballad.

HYOMIN[&#54952;&#48124;] "&#49828;&#52992;&#52824; [SKETCH]" M/V
Other version of the MV, called "Official" but could be referred to as "19+".

Naver videos for the moment
Updated with YouTube

Red Velvet &#47112;&#46300;&#48296;&#48307;_7&#50900; 7&#51068; (One Of These Nights)_Music Video

I think most of the songs in the pre-release description mentioned "R&B", but "Light Me Up" and "Cool Hot Sweet Love" are the two more firmly along those lines and will probably be enjoyed most by those that can't appreciate a ballad.

Boring, as expected based on teasers. Probably the promoted song of theirs I like the least. Be Natural and Automatic were much better imo. Gonna wait till I get home before I check out the rest of the album. Seems like a weird time to experiment by SM, considering it's been a while since their last comeback, and other rookie groups like Twice and Gfriend have been doing incredibly well since then. Oh well. Koreans do have a tendency to like boring songs, so maybe there's hope, though the Descendants tracks seem like a wall currently.

Music video is cool, and the girls look amazing. though, so I've got that going for me at least.

Top Bottom