• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Serious question and Im not trolling at all but can someone explain to me why a lot of times the 'rap' in K-Pop songs do not rhyme?

A lot of rap is about the delivery (e.g. Zico "rhyming" "cool thanks" with "drunk man" in Tough Cookie) but you might be missing some of the rhyming in Korean rap that is occurring because of the structure the rhymes and the sounds of the language. This page demonstrates the difference between the traditional, mechanical style of G.O.D. versus the style brought to light by Verbal Jint.
90년대 말을 잘 기억해 난

Bonus: Kasper talking about rhymes in Korean hip hop

Interested - are there specific songs which you're talking about that don't use rhyming?

Which is why I'm mostly disappointed that Velvet won't have any choreography. I did like a couple of those songs though.

"Cool Hot Sweet Love" got some choreo @ M Countdown Edit: "One Of These Nights" from M Countdown

Bonus: Twice performing Son Dambi's "Saturday Night" and Hyori's "U Go Girl" @ M Countdown. Edit: Better quality "fancam"

Not going to bother throwing guesses at Zion T's Amoeba Culture contract (hi Simon D!) or how much money the YG sub label paid, but to be honest I was a little unnerved reading about this. I mean, Zion T working with the Amoeba crew has put out some of my favorite Korean music and my immediate thought was about how I'll possibly be getting less of that now. Yeah, cross-label collaborations in k-hop happen and a change of label doesn't mean a change in quality (although Epik High is at 1 from 2), but like I said, gut reaction balked at this change.

I will expect you, Zion T. 화이팅

Edit: Does that mean AgentChris is going to be posting Zion T stuff now? Genuinely interested - as an artist that didn't debut at YG, what do you think of his music?
I started loving only YG artist but because of this thread I also found Jay Park along with his label and Crush, Zion. T and GOT7; so I will try to post more comments instead of promotional stuff from YG.

Pendulum

I started loving only YG artist but because of this thread I also found Jay Park along with his label and Crush, Zion. T and GOT7; so I will try to post more comments instead of promotional stuff from YG.

It's cool. I wasn't having a serious go at you or anything. I was honestly just wondering what you thought of Zion. T's music. It seemed only I, jongkookie, and fu3lfr3nzy post stuff about him and his non-collab work (though I remember ramyeon saying "Eat" was one of his favorite songs of 2015 - <3), so the more the merrier.

Edit: P.S. GOT7 &#8220;Fly&#8221; Teaser Video

---

Oh My Girl 3rd mini tracklist
CdwjL7wUkAE7AwB.jpg:orig
Listened to some Sophie White tracks. If she sticks to the genre, we're looking at an Electro Pop title song for OMG (if it is, it's unlikely it'll be as full-on as her demo tracks I would think). This can't be the right David Anthony though, right? Actually, the David Anthony that produced this Chinese song would be more likely. Got a Jinyoung track there too. He gave a track to Produce 101 that many of the girls went crazy over. Also one of the producers of "Closer" worked on "B612"

---

&#54036;&#47196;&#50508;&#53664; (Paloalto) - Fancy (Feat. DEAN & Sway D) (Clean Ver.)

JKTrix

Strict definition was just for the bare minimum requirements for something to be called 'rap'. You can talk with a rhythm without pitch or rhyming and it would still be rap. Don't disagree with how important the other common aspects otherwise are, was just pointing out to the guy who asked that it wasn't a strict requirement.

And hoped someone would come up with a more specific answer for his question

llehuty

Mimi seems to be doing her raps. Also did the ones for Cupid, Closer and Hot Summer nights that had nice flow.
IMO, Mimi's raps is one of the worst things about OMG. They are ok in quality, but I feel like the songs would be better withou them (specially Cupid's and Hot Summer Nights').

Opinions will often vary wildly, but one of the single most telling things is how relatively quiet the thread has remained several hours after "The Velvet" released.

Yeah it's because we're busy jamming to the mini, no time to post.

07-minister.jpg

Seems like it's doing poorly on the charts as well. Hope they'll wrap up promotions quickly and do a quick comeback with the red concept.

No No Eul

I can't stop listening to One of These Nights. I love the key change at the start of the chorus, and the chorus itself is so dreamy.

Why have I been watching this talk show produced by the Korean Army's TV channel for months now

12750054_958202097583029_1346803909_n.jpg

I've no idea. Perhaps if you posted more pics of the MCs, it might help me understand.

Haven't watched episodes 6-8 yet, but I've been watching some clips. I love this rendition of Monster which is probably my 2nd favorite BB song. Fucking sucks that Minkyung is out. She is probably my favorite Pledis trainee after Nayoung. Is she the one with pictures of her drunking underage and supposed iljin rumors?

CdwJ6AJWIAAy8Ci.jpg

She called em out on it too.

Anyone got a mirror for this? It's taken down by Mnets evil editing. And yeah, rip Happy Face trainees
aside from that salty one that was whining about the center position not being important.

A mirror for episodes 6-8? 6-7 can be found through the usual place, and episode 6 can be found here.

---

[Teaser] HONG JIN YOUNG(&#54861;&#51652;&#50689;) _ Thumb Up(&#50628;&#51648; &#52377;)

No I meant that particular clip, of the trainees complaining about the editing. Oh well. At least your post included a trot queen teaser, so it wasn't entirely useless. Hope the song is half as good as this performance was.

Jesus christ she's skinny now. That looks terrible.

cj_iwakura

A lot of rap is about the delivery (e.g. Zico "rhyming" "cool thanks" with "drunk man" in Tough Cookie) but you might be missing some of the rhyming in Korean rap that is occurring because of the structure the rhymes and the sounds of the language. This page demonstrates the difference between the traditional, mechanical style of G.O.D. versus the style brought to light by Verbal Jint.

Great read, although like a lot of people I know, Pump It Up(and licensing stuff like Seo Taiji, Yu Seung Jun, and Jinusean) was my gateway to K-hiphop.

Tasha's great, too. She killed it on The Movement compilation tracks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I can't stop listening to One of These Nights. I love the key change at the start of the chorus, and the chorus itself is so dreamy.
It started in a good place and keeps growing on me.

Light Me Up is probably my favorite.

someone help me, it seems like Sunny is different between the earlier stuff, like 2014 and before, and recent stuff

its like she is smaller, but its not like she wasnt small in the first place?

was it plastic surgery? like the shape of her face.. she seems to have gained Bitchy Resting Face

also Sooyoung is the best.
CataI4K.gif

Peru

Ok I'll do it in parts, so that the eventual list will be less of a hassle to put together. A series of posts where I list songs that I feel are in, and I'll end up with 100 or probably more.

Doing it chronologically, going through the albums. Might go back later on.

Longlist, part 1:

ID; Peace B
&#52404;&#45392; (Heart-Off)
Sara
&#50504;&#46076;, &#45212; &#50504;&#46076; (No Way)
Listen to My Heart
Every Heart
Don't Start Now
Kimochi wa Tsutawaru
Amazing Kiss
Nothing's Gonna Change (JP best but Korean only on youtube)
The Meaning of Peace
&#47676; &#54999;&#45216; &#50864;&#47532; (Someday, Somewhere)

llehuty

someone help me, it seems like Sunny is different between the earlier stuff, like 2014 and before, and recent stuff

was it plastic surgery? like the shape of her face.. she seems to have gained Bitchy Resting Face

CataI4K.gif
I would say it's a combo of some unfortunate surgery, plus being over idol life.

Also, welcome
but Seohyun is the best.

Being how you are into SNSD, I feel like you should do a top 9 8 soshi members, evn if this initiation tradition has been abandoned in the las couple of years.

Ok I'll do it in parts, so that the eventual list will be less of a hassle to put together. A series of posts where I list songs that I feel are in, and I'll end up with 100 or probably more.

Doing it chronologically, going through the albums. Might go back later on.

Longlist, part 1:

ID; Peace B
&#52404;&#45392; (Heart-Off)
Sara
&#50504;&#46076;, &#45212; &#50504;&#46076; (No Way)
Listen to My Heart
Every Heart
Don't Start Now
Kimochi wa Tsutawaru
Amazing Kiss
Nothing's Gonna Change (JP best but Korean only on youtube)
The Meaning of Peace
&#47676; &#54999;&#45216; &#50864;&#47532; (Someday, Somewhere)

I like this format, it's probably more inviting than just dumping the whole list in one go.
but remember you have to do some kind of ranking at some point, so we all can see that the shadow is, in fact, in the top 100 BoA songs.

Peru

I'll do a list at the end. I'll be honest, I feel like The Shadow will be on the longlist, but we'll see about the top 100.

luso

[/QUOTE]

Welcome

Bedised top soshi maybe it's time to do a Twice/G-Friend/Red Velvet/[SPOILER]Bigbang?[/SPOILER] bias top.

I think Taeyeon put on some weight, the worst skinny phase is past, but still too thin.

lol
[url]http://i.imgur.com/eP5VDHW.gifv[/url]

Assorted pictures
[QUOTE][IMG]https://36.media.tumblr.com/871bf252ea668c6fa56ad9b1e23ba35c/tumblr_o488pwiH1i1tsk6iyo4_1280.png
2557B24956E71A351E48C0

2016031636AC61E6E%281%29.jpg

263F243856E82C1E0138C3

246D853656EAD3DE1430B7

6ee5e2e302893b766a2869711cc9503f.jpg

9b3dfba1jw1f1w46r1b6tj21kw23utsf.jpg

tumblr_o48uh702EE1tw9myyo2_1280.jpg

Cd0hh4WUYAEYE39.jpg:orig

Pendulum

Playlist of the 5 performances from ep 9 of Produce 101
Full episode (raw) is here - 1 2 and 3
Everyone shocked at Pinky changing teams
Jinyoung was a fox amongst the hens. lol @ Yoojung
Eunbin works much better in a performance that has attitude - see initial Cube trainee "Crazy" performance and this week's hip hop stage. I never saw her as a fit for CLC.
I think the extra votes for the winning team may shake up the top 11 a bit

I would say it's a combo of some unfortunate surgery, plus being over idol life.

Also, welcome
but Seohyun is the best.

Being how you are into SNSD, I feel like you should do a top 9 8 soshi members, evn if this initiation tradition has been abandoned in the las couple of years.

I like this format, it's probably more inviting than just dumping the whole list in one go.
but remember you have to do some kind of ranking at some point, so we all can see that the shadow is, in fact, in the top 100 BoA songs.

thanks, I used to listen to BoAs japanese tracks, most recently into SNSD, and one Hyuna Song (she always looks like she is unsure of what she is doing)

and IDK
Sooyoung
SALENtO.png

Tayeon
u8x57SP.png

Sunny
7MLENJl.png

Yoona
Z6OfJBJ.png

Yuri (just cause of this scene right here)
u1NnquO.gif

Jessica
y86F53A.gif

I hope I got all the names right, kinda guessing on the last four.
Seohyun (I just think she looked cute here)
ueNz0zz.png

The rest

I wish I could edit gifs a little more heavily, I would make that one above all in the elegant dress and I would slow down and space this one down here

I swaer to god these girls can be so cute it hurts
and the music is really good
EF2FnWN.gif

No No Eul

Every time I see this picture, I'm disappointed that the girl is not in fact holding a massive knife.

Sounds really promising.

Sohye really is the korean Paruru

But can she destroy a person's ego with a single throwaway comment?

God I love this show. iTunes release when.

Drahcir

FXfbgPN.jpg

So what are the chances Hani actually likes New Order and not just something she or her stylist picked out? Cool points for her either way! :)

roaSone

I almost never talked about Produce 101 but, if Kim Chungha doesn't debut at the end... I'll flip tables. Girl might be the most charismatic on stage I've seen in a while and she's so damn skilled as well.

She's deppressed, also, she had a really hard time for a problem with her knees.

isuzu

But can she destroy a person's ego with a single throwaway comment?
Sohye is the good twin

Yum Yum studio ver. is so much better than the live one. ITSP is nice, but I don't like the vocals.

Yoojung almost killed me this ep. with her fangirling. I feel ya sis <3

I'll do a list at the end. I'll be honest, I feel like The Shadow will be on the longlist, but we'll see about the top 100.

uqZXf.gif

Exicitng times ahead. Not quite as exciting as Produce 101, but you're pretty high up there.

Cute. I like how different Yoojung is when performing compared to what she's usually like.

problem with her knees?

The joints that connect the thigh to the leg, she has problems with them.

llehuty

thanks, I used to listen to BoAs japanese tracks, most recently into SNSD, and one Hyuna Song (she always looks like she is unsure of what she is doing)

If you want to check some kpop classics you can check the first post of this thread, very useful info if you are just getting into kpop.

*checks soshi ranking*
Wait, no Tiffany?
goo-hara-seungyeon-kara.gif

Top Bottom