• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

dokish

Banned
Holy shit. I just found out about 보리차 (Barley Tea). This shit is amaaaazing. Can't see my life without it. I wanna drink all the time. Water no more.

If you haven't tried yet, please give it a shot.

giri

Holy shit. I just found out about 보리차 (Barley Tea). This shit is amaaaazing. Can't see my life without it. I wanna drink all the time. Water no more.

If you haven't tried yet, please give it a shot.

what have you been doing in korea.

(apart from sniffing hair that is.)

No No Eul

And the new member Summer
Summer.jpg

"Summer is known as “10-second Suzy,” a nickname that refers to the fact that when people see her, they think they are looking at miss A‘s Suzy for about 10 seconds."

Hmmm. When it comes to looking like Suzy, I think that Lovelyz member wins hands down.

hayoung tho

2202474E5456EB2207EE1E

#dead

Quoted for new page, because wow.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
"Summer is known as “10-second Suzy,” a nickname that refers to the fact that when people see her, they think they are looking at miss A‘s Suzy for about 10 seconds."
Namedropping Suzy for media play with an obviously untrue thing is lame.

Edit:
ibkYj0q0LsmpyB.gif

Pendulum

I want to say Minzy but I'll go with girl from Epik High's Spoiler MV.

Since Jennie and Jisoo have already got some exposure through YG songs, I was going to suggest it's Eunbi this time - but I see she's left the group. So I'm going out on a limb and say Miyeon.
It'll be Jennie though

llehuty

9muses bnt photoshoot BTS

tumblr_ltmrinYLW01qde5al.gif

Younha said:

SMROOKIES_[RookieStation Special] Happy Halloween!
That EXO replacement.

Hmmm. When it comes to looking like Suzy, I think that Lovelyz member wins hands down.

Textbook mediaplay.

A Boston radio edited "naega" from it's airplay of 2NE1's "I Am The Best".

KBS censors tier bullshit.

dokish

Banned
OMG .. ok going to make a new post for this photo she uploaded on insta

10802477_1500336130240464_354737079_n.jpg

She looks hot. I would.

Disappointed about the lack of news on the concert we attended. And it doesn't seem like she will perform anytime soon in Korea :(

WHY, WHY SHE ABANDONED USSS!!

EDIT:

what have you been doing in korea.

(apart from sniffing hair that is.)

We don't really consume tea in Brazil. We are huge coffee drinkers (of course, when Portugal came and raped our ass they used Brazil as a coffee land for the world).
I always wanted to get into tea but lacked the chance and time to look it up what would please my taste.

I was randomly cycling and decided to try something new (instead of buyin just bottled water), that's when I found out the amazing taste of this tea.

I just got those as replacement for water.

10624779_298486313675t1oi8.jpg

luso

Song should be different from the tease I guess, otherwise it's just a random electro pop music you can hear on some clothing shops.

Nope.

SM Hallowen party, soshi highlight. Who slayed?
Seohyun wins this one

neoism

Song should be different from the tease I guess, otherwise it's just a random electro pop music you can hear on some clothing shops.

Nope.

Seohyun wins this one
Kreygasm fany @_@ need a body pic of tae to tell did she just go as Jack
Also fucking finally TTS EP7 is fully subbed just search Stella Lee dailymotion in google ... fucking YouTube -_-

New rytube
As unexciting as expected

I gotta stop watching these. I'll be hoping she gets to debut solo someday, and that it'll be a hell of a lot more interesting than these videos. She's capable, we know that. Just need someone with better taste and sense of direction to take the reigns.

A Boston radio edited "naega" from it's airplay of 2NE1's "I Am The Best".

Not surprising that this happened. Have seen a lot of yt comments about the n-word being used in kpop from people who don't realise it's an actual Korean word. One would hope that whoever censored it would do some actual research before censoring, at least more than the average yt commenter.

Namedropping Suzy for media play with an obviously untrue thing is lame.

Namedropping another artist, particularly one from another company in the first place is lame. But yeah, when it's bullshit it's even worse.

It's BoA's birthday everyone!

B1mzD4ZCQAATn6Y.jpg

Welcome to the 28 club Boa.

I am once again reminded of the fact that I am older than her...

Seohyun wins this one

Seulgi playing some rhythm game at the party. Definitely slaying. Disappointed that all 4 went for the same outfit though. Seohyun and Yuri had the best outfits of the evening.

I am more than happy to continue discussing what went on in that thread if you would like but keep the insults to yourself please. I also don't mean in this thread since it would be a complete derail.

1) dokish only responded in a joking manner because he was jokingly called out first. If you have such an issue with people making light of a serious situation then the brunt of your ire for that should be directed at whoever it was who named dokish in the first place. I personally am of the opinion that there is no situation that is too serious to be made fun of. You just got to know your audience. That has always been dokish' biggest problem, not realising that most people don't want to hear or read every stray thought, opinion, or joke that comes to his mind. Either way, this was one of his minor transgressions.

2) The only problem with my comparison is the differing severity of the issues. It was still valid. You even reacted in the manner as I would expect from the kind of example I used. You referenced a video of a white guy behaving in the manner you expect, as if that somehow affirms your stance.
Hey, here's a video of a black guy committing a crime. My dislike of black people is justified.
Another suicide bombing in the middle east. Islam is evil just like I've always said.
EDL marching and being racist again. Whites are the most racist.

3) The claim that by defending dokish I am associating myself with his behaviour is pure bullshit. But I guess in your opinion all defense attorneys are criminals...

Tenck

That thread...

jaejoong-tired.gif

I have to say I feel somewhat guilty for seemingly tipping Tenck over the edge. The final question in that poll was most definitely intended as a joke made at dokish's expense. I would have hoped that was perfectly clear. I think it's safe to say nobody was condoning what he did.

That thread got me back to listening to K Pop if you can believe it. I added Dokish to my ignore list, so now I'll probably come back and post like I regularly did.

The K Pop community as a whole has been one of the most active and well behaved people I've known on Gaf. Was a shame that one single dude pretty much killed my involvement with it, but that's how it ended up.

So without dwelling on that anymore, I'd like any recommendations you guys could give. Want to see what I've missed out on. Last thing I remember hearing was Miss A's Independent Woman album (which I thought was awful).

TheChits

ll posted this song on irc. Here I've been thinking I'll Be There was Spicas best song. How fucking ignorant I've been. This song is just too good. Forgive me father for I have sinned. Scratch that. There can be no redemption in the face of such ignorance. Just smite me down. I do not deserve to draw another breath.

Man this is awesome. I've never really looked into Spica, but I guess I need to!

llehuty

Man this is awesome. I've never really looked into Spica, but I guess I need to!

Full album is great, check it out. Don't care too much for their post Hyori era though.

So without dwelling on that anymore, I'd like any recommendations you guys could give. Want to see what I've missed out on. Last thing I remember hearing was Miss A's Independent Woman album (which I thought was awful).

You are going to have to tell us what are your tastes because there has been a lot of releases since then.

Edit: If there was one place where I didn't expect to hear the soundtrack of a random (an awesome) NES game, that would have to be a k-pop fancam

Also, an hilarious little clip from strawberry milk's meet and greet. I'm actually surprised that they don't check the comments beforehand.

WOW!!! So I just found this thread.
Mainly because of Dokish and his creepiness in the thread yesterday.
But it's great to read and learn more about K-Pop. I'm a fan but not as big a fan as most on here but I enjoy a lot of the music and appreciate a lot of the talent from that side of the world. I am sure I'm outdated in regards to the latest and greatest here but I'm a big fan of Taeyang, 2NE1, G-Dragon to name a few. My daughters are in love with A Pink and Girls Generation. Anywho before I keep rambling on and coming across like a certain someone whom I'd rather not name again. Can someone point me to sources for more recent stuff? I keep up with everything basically from what I've seen on Youtube and I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of stuff here. All I really care about is the music aspect, don't really wanna see all the other photo-op stuff. Thanks guys.

Pendulum

Last thing I remember hearing was Miss A's Independent Woman album (which I thought was awful).

Oh god. That's two years ago. Where to start.

Firstly, there's the Second Coming in the form of BESTie and Red Velvet.

We've seen the rise in profile of Girl's Day (1 2) and AoA (1 2). SNSD put out a divisive track (though some people are liking it more after repeated listens) then followed up with a flat one and a few months later Jessica was kicked out of the group.

Miss A hasn't done much since.

Truthfully, a lot has happened. What groups were you into before?

-----

Edit:
But it's great to read and learn more about K-Pop. I'm a fan but not as big a fan as most on here but I enjoy a lot of the music and appreciate a lot of the talent from that side of the world. I am sure I'm outdated in regards to the latest and greatest here but I'm a big fan of Taeyang, 2NE1, G-Dragon to name a few. My daughters are in love with A Pink and Girls Generation. Anywho before I keep rambling on and coming across like a certain someone whom I'd rather not name again. Can someone point me to sources for more recent stuff? I keep up with everything basically from what I've seen on Youtube and I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of stuff here. All I really care about is the music aspect, don't really wanna see all the other photo-op stuff. Thanks guys.

Let me point you in the direction of AgentChris.

Tenck

Full album is great, check it out. Don't care too much for their post Hyori era though.

You are going to have to tell us what are your tastes because there has been a lot of releases since then.

I used to listen to pretty much everything. Whether it was guy groups or girl groups, I'd hear it all.

If I can find anything new that'd be great, which is why any recommendation is welcomed.

Oh god. That's two years ago. Where to start.

Firstly, there's the Second Coming in the form of BESTie and Red Velvet.

We've seen the rise in profile of Girl's Day (1 2) and AoA (1 2). SNSD put out a divisive track (though some people are liking it more after repeated listens) then followed up with a flat one and a few months later Jessica was kicked out of the group.

Miss A hasn't done much since.

Truthfully, a lot has happened. What groups were you into before?

-----

Edit:

The OP will have all the recent releases for your fav groups though.

Thank you kindly.... I am beginning to realize I may be spending a lot of time tuning into all of this... Didn't realize there was so much.....

Pendulum

I used to listen to pretty much everything. Whether it was guy groups or girl groups, I'd hear it all.

If I can find anything new that'd be great, which is why any recommendation is welcomed.

At the bottom of the OP is a list of the best songs from the first half of this year as voted by the thread. Might be a good place to start.

Taeyang - Love You To Death

Epik High - Spoiler / Happen Ending
Epik High - Born Hater

WINNER - Empty
WINNER - Color Ring
WINNER - I'm Him

Bobby - 가드올리고 BOUNCE

iKON - Wait For Me
iKON - Long Time No See
iKON - SINOSIJAK

GOT7 - A

Jay Park - NaNa
Jay Park - So Good
Jay Park + Gray + Simon D - Metronome

Enjoy

giri

K-pop is as much a visual medium as anything.

The easiest way to keep up with all releases is to subscribe to everyones youtube channel! but that's not that easy.

You can read reliable news sites like soompi.com and http://www.dkpopnews.net/ They both have RSS Feeds you can subscribe too, to.

There are the weekly music shows too, most major artists will make a "comeback" on there.

Truth is you need to probably combine all 3. Or read threads like this that aggregate news. There's also a lot that never gets post but is left on IRC.

Oh and that doesn't include the instagram/twitter/facebook media either :|

vanty

Doesn't that Microsoft commercial have the I Am The Beat chorus in it? So a radio station is editing a song that is used unedited in a TV commercial from one of the biggest companies in the world ahah

That thread got me back to listening to K Pop if you can believe it. I added Dokish to my ignore list, so now I'll probably come back and post like I regularly did.

The K Pop community as a whole has been one of the most active and well behaved people I've known on Gaf. Was a shame that one single dude pretty much killed my involvement with it, but that's how it ended up.

After School's Japanese album Dress to Kill is the best kpop* thing released this year. f(x)'s Red Light is very good as well.

Thanks for all the input guys. I originally found out about K-Pop from that song Bubble Pop (all on youtube) and kinda have been finding randoms ever since. Found a bunch of Wonder Girl tracks my daughters and I perform around the house occasionally. My wife is in love with Taeyang's older stuff (wedding dress, I need a girl) I kinda like the Ringa Linga stuff better and now my daughters are pretty addicted to Girls Generation, G'Na and 2NE1. I'm just trying to broaden my scope a little more and give them more variety. I'm kinda vibing that track Psy with Snoop Dogg. You guys have given me a lot to look over now. Tonight should be interesting when I get home LOL!!

Pendulum

Oh, also, not sure if you were into KARA before, but if you were - since you last looked they lost two members and gained a new one. Nicole is going solo, Jiyoung is wanting to be an actress. A "competition" was held for a replacement and (even though I personally feel Somin is the better performer,) Youngji was picked - she's turned out to be an entertaining addition.

tumblr_ncwok1zvIS1rcpaiyo6_250.gif

Mamma Mia is the song they came back with.

----

Edit: And since I see you've changed your avatar:
T-ara - Number Nine
T-ara - Because I Know
T-ara - Do You Know Me
T-ara - Sugar Free
Jiyeon - Never Ever (watch the stage performances over the MV)
Hyomin - Nice Body

God damn. How did I forget this. SO good.
There's no joint performance with CL tho, right? Her part is probably the best thing I've heard on a kpop track this year.

Oh, and I'm still immensely mad that they did not properly use that beat from the teaser for a real track.
Fuck that shit.

Taeyang only performed it solo so far.

With the teaser are you talking about the last 10 seconds or the sirens?

Rise Intro

llehuty

OP is a good starting point, but I will post here some of my highlights in the last couplle of years:
Fake edit: Decided to underline the highlights since the list ended up being more overwhelming than what i expected.

9muses keeped with their great releases streak (they are 6 now tho...) - Dolls, Wild, Gun and Glue
Sunmi (ex-Wonder Girls member) - 24 hours, Full Moon
f(x) as solid as always (although they lost Sulli, but who cares) - Rum Pum Pum Pum, Red Light
T-ara back as 6, went full electro - Number 9, Sugar Free
KARA lost two members (;_;) but added a new one, keeping their trademark sound in the process - Mamma Mia
Orange Caramel is still the best subunit ever - Catallena, Abing Abing, My copycat
After School was musically exiled to japan but with great results - Heaven, Shh
Dal Shabet went full retro and it was glorious - Have, don't have, B.B.B
IU is still great in everything she does - Red shoes, Friday, Sogyeokdong
Younha still flawless - The real reason why we broke up, Home, Wasted
VIXX putting other boy groups to shame with their concepts/lyrics/choreography/songs - Hyde, Voodoo Doll, Eternity, Error
2PM still have it - A.D.T.O.Y, Go crazy
MBLAQ released a good song - Smoky girl

As for solid albums, vanty knows what's up. After School - Dressed to kill, f(x) - Pink Tape, f(x) - Red Light are AOTY material.

Tenck

Oh, also, not sure if you were into KARA before, but if you were - since you last looked they lost two members and gained a new one. Nicole is going solo, Jiyoung is wanting to be an actress. A "competition" was held for a replacement and (even though I personally feel Somin is the better performer,) Youngji was picked - she's turned out to be an entertaining addition.

tumblr_ncwok1zvIS1rcpaiyo6_250.gif

Mamma Mia is the song they came back with.

Jiyoung ;__;

She was my favorite from Kara. I'll definitely be following her stuff.

Finished through those songs you posted. Only two I didn't like was Mr. Mr. and Hush. So sad Miss A's song was really bad. They were my second favorite for a while.

Now onto the bottom section of the OT.

Top Bottom