• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

AOA and YESicca will be enough to delete any trace of Stiffany and her mini I Just Wanna Chart.

Well, if we see the AOA preview with no volume it's pretty much the Baywatch reboot we deserve.

As for Sica's solo, i did'nt like how any of the previews sound so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seolady needs to have a solo release, but sadly it seems like she prefers acting over music so far.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Momo has claimed Mina.

Ciaoz4LUUAExqfo.jpg

llehuty

I've been listening to some April stuff and damn, that group really needs Somin in there. It's a shame, because they have legit good songs, but they are missing refreshing vocals. The group is probably not going to disappear anytime soon, since it seems like they are having decent sales in Japan. Here hoping DSP figures out what to do with their other female "trainees" (Chaekyung, Somin and Youngji, basically).

It's back again! (With some hilariously accidented intro)

Jessica already has 20k preorders on China in 14 hours. #Power
Really curious about how is it going to perform in korea. I'm expecting a not so good digital performance, but I'm ready to be surprised. The Fly MV teaser has a surprisingly high number of views (1.2 millions).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Really curious about how is it going to perform in korea. I'm expecting a not so good digital performance, but I'm ready to be surprised. The Fly MV teaser has a surprisingly high number of views (1.2 millions).

If the rumors of her not getting any TV appearances cause SM is sabotaging her are true I don't expect her to do as well as she could. Jessica seems to be more popular outside of Korea so it should be interesting to see what happens. Hope the TV rumors are false cause I do wanna see her perform.

Merrymint

If the rumors of her not getting any TV appearances cause SM is sabotaging her are true I don't expect her to do as well as she could. Jessica seems to be more popular outside of Korea so it should be interesting to see what happens. Hope the TV rumors are false cause I do wanna see her perform.

Based on what SM did to JYJ I can see that, but I haven't read anything about her getting blocked from performing, but its definitely a possibility.

and I don't see previews for her 'comeback' next week. Not sure she will perform anything other than showcase. :/

But now she's at 30k qq music digital sales. Had one bulk buy of 19k copies from China too.

edit: how do those bulk physical buys work?

You realize that SM doing that or Fans/Her Agency saying SM could be doing that achieve the same thing right? Media play.
Same reason she waited so much to release her solo right next to Fany.

I'm honestly surprised she has'nt announced a showcase in China, guess she's lazy to even do that lol.

llehuty

You realize that SM doing that or Fans/Her Agency saying SM could be doing that achieve the same thing right? Media play.

I'm honestly surprised she has'nt announced a showcase in China, guess she's lazy to even do that lol.
Hmm. I don't know the exact chronology, but wasn't Tiffany the one giving the comeback date right after Sica said she was makinh a comeback in May?. Both sides benefit from this mediaplay.

And she is so lazy that she has recorded 2 MV and has her own company.

Vazra

She announced the date before Tiffany. Also when asked about the release date the way Tiffany answered the date "thought it would be warm" is such a bs answer and its clear what SM was trying to do there. It will be interesting how good or bad this goes for Jessica cause either people will care about it or not give a damn and ignore Jess. It's a weird thing but it wouldnt be the first time SM sabotages someone.

Hmm. I don't know the exact chronology, but wasn't Tiffany the one giving the comeback date right after Sica said she was making a comeback in May?. Both sides benefit from this mediaplay.

And she is so lazy that she has recorded 2 MV and has her own company.

You are correct about the date stuff. As for the lazy part Jessica can be lazy at times but it might have to do with her not feeling the material she has to deal with. Some performances you can see the difference of energy on her performances depending the songs.

For the MV stuff I think it may make sense considering she has been working on her album since last year so she had the time to come up with that and more when she needs to work harder now since SM is not backing her.

Overall it should be interesting to see how the things pan out.

The AOA drama doesnt stop. Will they get T-ara treatment? It seems like it atm but we shall see when the mini comes out.

Dice

GFriend said their car got upgraded to a minivan. Man, I didn't know all of them were rollin around in just a car. Nugu champs.

Eldren

Yuna's whistle note in Cherry Pop will go down in history as the defining moment of k-pop in 2016. These are probably their best album tracks yet, and I think Good Luck is my favourite title track since Miniskirt. It's not perfect: Mina still gets literally nothing to work with and the MV was essentially a series of CFs but overall I'm a happy stan.

No No Eul

Song seems pretty good although honestly, it's kinda difficult to hear it over all the hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg. I will anticipate the dozen different dance versions of the MV.

10 Seconds is great.

llehuty

original.jpg

Sica announced an "international version" (english) of the album dropping on the 27th. Apparently Tiffany announced recording I just wanna dance in english a couple of hours later.

tumblr_myj2mgD5XV1t3td8eo1_250.gif

Less than 24 hours for FLY MV. My body is ready.

Agreed. it's the best song on the album... the only thing holding it back is Jimin's awful rap--which is a complaint to be found each time she raps.
I disagree. Jimin has the same tone as Britney Spears. Jimin and Choa are the reason that AOA's songs are distinguishable from the other idol groups.

llehuty

I disagree. Jimin has the same tone as Britney Spears. Jimin and Choa are the reason that AOA's songs are distinguishable from the other idol groups.
Jimin's voice wouldn't be as annpying if she had some minimal rapping skills, like LE. Jimin's raps are distinguishable for all the wrong reasons. She only sounds decent when she is not pushing hard the chimpmunk voice, like in short hair. She is the korean iggy azaelia.

Apparently rhey took the video down to edit out a shot with Jimin's bra in it. At least that's what youtube comments are saying on the cringey reaction video I had to watch to "hear" the song. Typical Korea I guess

Apparently rhey took the video down to edit out a shot with Jimin's bra in it. At least that's what youtube comments are saying on the cringey reaction video I had to watch to "hear" the song. Typical Korea I guess

Yeah I just read the same thing but I just saw the video on dailymotion. I think the video and song are both pretty good. Song is catchy.

Vazra

There is a bit of underboob in one shot and also the butt in one of the scenes was too much allegedly. I downloaded the original vid so I guess I'll check the controversial editions later

Ibuki

Banned
There is a bit of underboob in one shot and also the butt in one of the scenes was too much allegedly. I downloaded the original vid so I guess I'll check the controversial editions later

I should have watched it earlier, now I'll miss the good stuff! :(

My apologies for posting this question here, there's prob a better thread for it but I'll try anyway. My 60 something year old, whitebread parents have somehow become hooked on Korean tv and they were halfway through their favorite series so far called Potato Star but Hulu just dropped it. Any ideas where they could go now to watch it (for free)? They have a Roku.

Ym1r

My apologies for posting this question here, there's prob a better thread for it but I'll try anyway. My 60 something year old, whitebread parents have somehow become hooked on Korean tv and they were halfway through their favorite series so far called Potato Star but Hulu just dropped it. Any ideas where they could go now to watch it (for free)? They have a Roku.

pm

Dice

Good Luck is fantastic, filling a gap 4 Minute left as they became more experimental. It has the intentionality and restraint Girl's Day didn't with Female President and the cohesive groove Rania always searched for but never quite secured. I'm always one wanting groups to put more stank on it, and this has tons, but the sax isn't overdone. It's a proper kpop ode to Pussycat Dolls.

pulled a hwayoung.
lmao

Lol exactly. I think the butt stuff is this?
Hyuna took it there x2 in Roll Deep.

Vazra

It seems AOA is #1 everywhere except Melon. It seems the controversy didnt do any bad to them thankfully.

7am KST AOA Good Luck
Melon 3
Mnet 1
Bugs 1
Soribada 1
Olleh 1
Genie 1
Monkey3 1
Naver 1

Top Bottom