• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ramyeon

The rap is whatever, but at least it doesn't break the flow of the song.
It totally does though? It's awful.

The song is just okay, I hope the people calling IJWD generic aren't praising this because this is the definition of generic imo.

Hope the album has some more interesting tracks.

llehuty

It totally does though? It's awful.
I was talking in terms that it keeps using the same beat. Which now that I think of it, is the logic way of proceding, but k-pop out of nowhere rap breakdowns are so extended.

And I like both Tiffany's and Sica's song, but Sica's song has a stronger build up and chorus which makes it a bit more memorable.

Former SNSD member Jessica has debuted as a soloist with 'With Love, J'. This is her first activities as a soloist in her 9 years since debuting. With 6 songs on her mini-album and the title track 'Fly', she actively worked to help produce each of the songs.

"I have wanted to release a solo album for a long time, so it's an exciting and ticklish feeling."

"I wanted to give you all good music to listen to, so I have been working on this for the past year. I would like it if you enjoyed listening to it."

Naturally, one has to bring up SNSD and Tiffany when talking to Jessica. Tiffany also debuted as a soloist not very long ago, with 'I Just Wanna Dance'. Currently, they are not expected to face off against each other as rivals on stage.

"Many people think watching a battle against Tiffany would be fun. I also listened to Tiffany's songs, watched her music video, watched her showcase too. Tiffany really wanted to show herself through her works. I hope her promotions end well."

"Instead of rivals, I would like to think that we have different colors (styles) of music that people can enjoy listening to. I am cheering on Tiffany's promotions."

When asked about the other members of SNSD, "There are members of SNSD that I do still keep in touch with, and there are members that I don't keep in touch with. Even though we maybe not be able to promote together as SNSD anymore, I hope they do well for a very, very long time.

She also acknowledged that she's dating Tyler Kwon for almost 3 years by now. Oniontaker redeemed.

Article. Translation by OH_mes

Salarians

Fly is nice. The rap doesn't really add anything, but I don't mind it. IMO Fly >> IJWD >>>> I
I've listened to Tiffany's music, watched her MV, showcase. It seems like Tiffany really wants to express herself.
tumblr_myj2mgD5XV1t3td8eo1_250.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Likely biggest gap between cute image and real personality: Gfriend. Seriously. I'm pretty good at reading people and most of them come off as people who'd throw away the uniforms and go hard clubbing and drinking at first opportunity... and then beat up their manager for complaining about it.
They are the realest. They hardly try to hide it.

Niks

I Just Wanna Dance wins over Fly simply cause it doesnt have that shitty rap. As for the mini Jess wins.

The whole album is a big meh, Fly is the only track with some personality, and the rap (included because reasons) ruins it.
Surprising that Tiffany delivered the best album of the 3.

Fly is nice. The rap doesn't really add anything, but I don't mind it. IMO Fly >> IJWD >>>> I

Something K-pop fans are used to.

Digging my first listen to the new AOA single. Stronger vocal hook finally, though a bit bland overall missing that real -omph- moment. Then again I only AOA for the Choa, then go about my business.

llehuty

Jessica MV at 2.2 million views after only 24 hours and it's performing quite decently on the charts. I wonder if releasing the 2nd MV scheduled to be released today) is going to kill all the momentum.

[MV] 몬스타엑스 (MONSTA X) _ 걸어 (ALL IN)
It looks like Starship only gets good releases by accident. This is one of these times. The prechorus and chorus have some really good melodies. Unfortunately, the rapping is the typical idol tryhard shit.

NODAY (노데이) - Wait Up (Feat. 산체스) MV
Solid funky chill pop track.

[MV] 몬스타엑스 (MONSTA X) _ 걸어 (ALL IN)
It looks like Starship only gets good releases by accident. This is one of these times. The prechorus and chorus have some really good melodies. Unfortunately, the rapping is the typical idol tryhard shit.

Oh wow, this actually is really good! What the fuck did they try to show in that MV though. Bunch of dramatic scenes pasted together with maybe a hint of a loose storyline somewhere. But still, song is awesome.

2009 era SNSD is simply iconic, Gee and Genie are masterpieces. God I was so into them, I even stanned Sunny. TBH it all went downhill for me when they released Hoot. I still like them, but eh.

llehuty

I would argue that their decline began after first japanese album rather than Hoot. But it's a matter of months anyway.

Good Luck gets worse every time I listen to it (sic watch it). Wish they would've focused more on the feel of this sound featured in the teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK92N0EPUcA

The parts of the final song with this sound underneath are easily the best parts.
Yess, first teaser had me so hyped, but they had to throw stupid cheap sax sample in there :/

Pendulum

ryan-ts

Hoot, the official song of K-Pop GAF, is a legendary tune. Only those with a sophisticated taste in K-Pop could possibly hope to understand its greatness. For those who question it's quality, I feel nothing but pity as you are unable to properly decipher the angelic melody that is Hoot.

Pendulum

JESSICA (제시카) - LOVE ME THE SAME Official Music Video

---

AMBER 엠버_On My Own (Feat.Gen Neo) (Korean ver.)_Music Video
Edit: English version: AMBER 엠버_On My Own (Feat.Gen Neo)_Music Video

---

JONGHYUN 종현_좋아 (She is)_Teaser Clip 1

---

Oh My Girl is releasing a repackage album on May 26th consisting of the 5 Pink Ocean songs, 2 new songs ("Windy Day" (which supposedly has an MV filmed in Jeju), and "Stupid in Love") and a Chinese version of "Liar Liar".

---

Edit: AOA "Good Luck" 360 VR filmed on the set of Weekly Idol. No Seolhyun for the first part for some reason.

Hoot, the official song of K-Pop GAF, is a legendary tune. Only those with a sophisticated taste in K-Pop could possibly hope to understand its greatness. For those who question it's quality, I feel nothing but pity as you are unable to properly decipher the angelic melody that is Hoot.

+1

My fucking god this song is boring.

LOL.

Yeah, LMTS is where I literally gave up and concluded that Sica's taking an L for this trash album.

When BMW decided to emulate Rihanna's Umbrella, that's where I knew something was off. FCIL kinda brought me back, but when this came on... mother of god, I couldn't... I just couldn't. And K-Pop GAF knows I fncking love ballads.

I'm seriously considering deleting her album off my hard drive coz it's just a waste of space, not to mention that it's sitting at the top of iTunes since it's my most recent addition.

llehuty

Hope you all ar excited for the 4th rerelease of Every Night.

Oh My Girl is releasing a repackage album on May 26th consisting of the 5 Pink Ocean songs, 2 new songs ("Windy Day" (which supposedly has an MV filmed in Jeju), and "Stupid in Love") and a Chinese version of "Liar Liar".
If they nail again I will just have to include themin the olympo of best girl groups next to 9muses, KARA and Dal Shabet.

Did he say in which year, though?

What are these omeback cascade announcements?

Edit: Wooops, top of page
tumblr_nlgjgqLocW1rpnmqbo1_400.gif

Top Bottom