• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

Get Out > Heart Attack > Short Hair >> Miniskirt >>>>>>> Confused > Elvis >> Good Luck >> Like a cat >>>>>>>>>>> Moya

tumblr_inline_nq6xmi1vry1qk1op9_500.gif

And while we are at it...

Mina >>>> Choa >> Seolhyun > Yuna > Hyejeong >>>>> Drummer girl (RIP) >>>>> Jimmy >>>>>> Chanmi

tumblr_nkelxaVbDF1une83oo1_400.gif

roaSone

This is quite weird on a first listen but somehow I went straight back to it aaaand I like it. Build up to chorus is great, and the said chorus is freaking addictive.
This album as a whole is the best they brought up so far for me.

broz0rs

I disagree. Jimin has the same tone as Britney Spears. Jimin and Choa are the reason that AOA's songs are distinguishable from the other idol groups.

agreed. i'm not the biggest fan of her rapping, but she's a big reason why AOA is very distinctive to the plethora of girl groups.

also, I don't know how familiar people here are with 90's pop music, but Jimin sounds very similar to the rapper from the legendary R&B trio TLC. Jimin fits the same role to the tee.

Pendulum

AOA has put out the best CF this year.

---

[Making] 아이오아이(I.O.I) _ Dream Girls(드림걸스) MV Making
Who the hell decided to only put close up shots with those #belly ready outfits. Nayoung belly *.*
They performed in those outfits yesterday
Nayoung wore a different top though
(Doyeon fancam with Sejeong guest appearances)

---

Save K-Pop™

---

Twice got their 3rd Perfect All-Kill.
8Aqui5J.gif

agreed. i'm not the biggest fan of her rapping, but she's a big reason why AOA is very distinctive to the plethora of girl groups.

also, I don't know how familiar people here are with 90's pop music, but Jimin sounds very similar to the rapper from the legendary R&B trio TLC. Jimin fits the same role to the tee.

Left Eye was nowhere near as bad with the tone as Jimin
Jimin - Call You Bae (Feat. Xiumin)

Her tone here is especially terrible and whine like. I prefer her when she's rapping instead like when she performed Puss.

llehuty

[MV] San E(산이) _ Like An Airplane(마치 비행기) (Feat. GARY(개리))
Really short, but it's ok I guess.

160516 AOA INTRO & Good Luck [AOA 4th Mini Album Showcase]
160516 AOA 10 Seconds [AOA 4th Mini Album Showcase]

Noooooo, Mina's glorious long hair ;_; she got Sungah'd. And I'm not even going to mention the fact that she is now apparently a backup dancer? Smh FNC.

I guess the 10 seconds choreo is cute. Good Luck choreo is the definition of basic.

I'm in. GIVE ME THIS GROUP NOW

160516 AOA INTRO & Good Luck [AOA 4th Mini Album Showcase]
160516 AOA 10 Seconds [AOA 4th Mini Album Showcase]

Noooooo, Mina's glorious long hair ;_; she got Sungah'd. And I'm not even going to mention the fact that she is now apparently a backup dancer? Smh FNC.

I guess the 10 seconds choreo is cute. Good Luck choreo is the definition of basic.

omfg Mina's hair ... tragic ): someone must really hate her.
I'm really into 'Good Luck'. I can jam to it. Especially that build-up to the chorus is so good. The choreo is basic, but the song feels kinda laid back so I don't mind. I like the strutting though, Choa during the chorus <3

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jessica already has 60k pre-orders sold for physicals and another 40k digital pre-orders already on QQ.

I can't with the slayage.
Suaa5It.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Netizens going off are just people who hated them before anyway but didn't have any dirt to use for ammo. It's already kind of killing the mood and I hope it doesn't last the whole round of promotions. I also hope it doesn't lower the amount of Yuna fancams.

Sica's single is okay, not amazing. The rap completely falls apart starting at "AC on 70" stumbling into an incredibly awkward finish.

They are singers who probably dropped out in middle school for all intents and purposes, who cares if they don't know history. I don't expect actors to know ideal gas law or Newton's law of gravity. I expect them to know how to act. The fact that their culture let netizen rage have actual impact instead of ignoring it like most other countries is on them to fix.

Sica's single is okay, not amazing. The rap completely falls apart starting at "AC on 70" stumbling into an incredibly awkward finish.

Kind of fell apart with the Stephen Curry name drop =x but the follow up didn't help...and sigh should have just edited the above post oh well. Rest of the song was pretty good but nothing groundbreaking. Video was definitely better than Tiffany's though. As much as I like parking lots...

Vazra

This is beyond ridiculous.

They are singers, dancers and in some cases actors. Plenty of these girls drop out of school to prepare for the show business and while they could technically learn things on their own or get some professor between practices when all they are going to do is usually perform you shouldnt expect them to know everything. It would be shameful if they were politicians or promoting history in their music but they are not so people need to chill.

I wonder how would Western pop girls would deal with the amount of bullshit some of these girls have to deal with.

roaSone

They are singers, dancers and in some cases actors. Plenty of these girls drop out of school to prepare for the show business and while they could technically learn things on their own or get some professor between practices when all they are going to do is usually perform you shouldnt expect them to know everything. It would be shameful if they were politicians or promoting history in their music but they are not so people need to chill.

I wonder how would Western pop girls would deal with the amount of bullshit some of these girls have to deal with.
I think you misunderstood me, netizens behaviour is beyond ridiculous. What infuriates me even more is that I'm sure most of these haters didn't know it either or are acting like it.

Vazra

I think you misunderstood me, netizens behaviour is beyond ridiculous. What infuriates me even more is that I'm sure most of these haters didn't know it either or are acting like it.

LOL I understood you which is why it's too much. Do you remember Girl's Day's dumpling incident? That is another case of overreactions.

Netizen overreactions? I get Vietnam flashbacks to when Dal Shabet and B1A4 had a joint stage in their rookie year. Serri got non-stop death threats and messages on social media from B1A4 stans for doing a body wave with one of the dudes. I remember getting into the mix defending my homegirl, but it was such a mess. It all culminated to one of those Idol Championship events where they spreaded rumours that Dal Shabet fans started punching, kidnapping & raping B1A4 fans.

My friend and co-Dal Shabet stan from back in the day wrote what happened because basically everyone was super confused about what the fuck was going on.

edit: i just had a deja vu I probably made this same post a while ago

Pendulum

Tiffany debuted at 2 on Melon.
Jessica's "Fly" debuted at #2 on Melon as well, and in its second hour went up to #1.
(AOA's "Good Luck" is at #2 behind Twice on instiz iChart realtime, so its looking like shitty netizens aren't completely fucking up this comeback. #NeverForgetT-ara)

---

Short interview with the lyricist of Twice's "Headphone &#50024;"

roaSone

Sica's album isn't too bad but, is it only me or there's a very weird autotuning on all tracks ? Which makes her voice quite annoying to listen to after a while.

Vazra

I Just Wanna Dance wins over Fly simply cause it doesnt have that shitty rap. As for the mini Jess wins.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sica's album isn't too bad but... her voice quite annoying to listen to after a while.
FTFY

Fany has the nice sounding voice but fucks up live, Sica has more technical skill with annoying voice.

But actually yeah the mixing is really weird. Overcompressed then half the time they use artificial doubling to try opening it back up. Bad idea. Fany's mini is waaaaaay better in composition and production.

Sorry Jess, love you but RIP this round.

llehuty

I.O.I are performing an awful remix of In the same place that loses all the magic of the original.

This is good. And I was expecting a pretentious diva MV, but instead we got cute Sica. The rap is whatever, but at least it doesn't break the flow of the song.

B.I.G - Aphrodite - This is the kind of boyband music I like. Really solid! Those memehorns during the dancebreak though.

Yess. The teaser really gave me good vibes, I really like when kpop goes epic/classy. Need girl groups in korea trying also epic. J-pop knows how to do it.

Peru

Likely biggest gap between cute image and real personality: Gfriend. Seriously. I'm pretty good at reading people and most of them come off as people who'd throw away the uniforms and go hard clubbing and drinking at first opportunity... and then beat up their manager for complaining about it.

Vazra

I mostly lurk here, but I think we just became best friends because there is so much truth in that statement.

Now for bonus friendship points do you also think that Hyuna > everyone else on 4minute?

I think so too but I'm biased cause I saw Hyuna solo first before getting into 4miinute

Top Bottom