• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

-_- I just discovered that Da Mouth wasn't having an hiatus... they just have been uploading their latest videos in the Universal Music Taiwan channel instead of in their channel for the last couple of years -_-

47433-andltahrefhttpwwwjpo-bi8f.jpg

大嘴巴Da Mouth feat.藍心湄 Pauline Lan [Funky 那個女孩/Let Dat Gal Go] 官方 Official MV
大嘴巴Da Mouth [魯蛇 / Loser] 官方 Official MV
大嘴巴Da Mouth [有事嗎? / What The....] 官方 Official MV
&#22823;&#22068;&#24052;Da Mouth [&#35519;&#35519; / Swag] &#23448;&#26041; Official MV <-- Ughhh that trap drop, Aisa shaking her ass to compensate

Their music is always so fun!

Relevan to the thread because one of the members is half korean

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Min has been basically living the dream of coasting idol for years now. She's Miss A's Sashihara.

Peru

Ci3lUAAUYAAny4t.jpg

If EXID's album isn't just old tracks, and even if it partly is, it should be a really strong contender for k-pop album of the year.

--
I can't forgive JYP for the way they handled Miss A.

Their last release was one of the biggest hits in YEARS. If he allowed them to they could be one of the bigger groups in the country. But for some reason or other they just didn't have activities.

Min has been basically living the dream of coasting idol for years now. She's Miss A's Sashihara.

Except Sasshi has like ten tv shows in a day and Min, unfortunately, doesn't.

Dice

Except Sasshi has like ten tv shows in a day and Min, unfortunately, doesn't.
They both coast in the sense that they figured out how to not give a fuck without it wrecking their careers, but Min also coasts in the other sense of having almost nothing to do compared to other members and making it work, like Qri style. Hang out with friends, a collab here, a promo there, travel between countries freely. EZ.

I'm not sure why JYP didn't promote them much, but I have a feeling JYP might be in an awkward budget level. In reputation and production quality they are top 3, but their profits are very low. With their experience and reputation they want to treat their people well, and that is something from JYP himself. They also have the long training periods like the other two. However, I think because of their lower budget, it's hard for them to keep both of these at top level while also stacking up promotions for multiple groups. It may be part advertising budget, part production staffing budget, I don't know, but the way they stagger releases between their artists makes me think they don't even have the cash flow to run too many at once at the level of quality and humane treatment they are committed to.

Yet, if their artists like to do acting and variety shows solo in their long wait periods, those shows will advertise for themselves, but that person will still be seen as a member of their group, so they are very friendly to that idea. Meanwhile I see someone like San-E bail out but seem to not have hard feelings, and I see the whole company split into sub-labels and regroup later, and I see 6mix wind up forever and fizzle out and I think yeah, they probably can't keep up all this stuff at once. Miss A got big, but not Got7 big, and WG went through a lot and deserved a chance for reinvention, and Twice is a huge project.

broz0rs

Loved miss A, but I've always thought they were the most patchwork idol group ever.

I was thinking that Suzy is finally free to concentrate on acting and CFs, but I haven't seen her all that much recently.

llehuty

I'm not sure why JYP didn't promote them much, but I have a feeling JYP might be in an awkward budget level. In reputation and production quality they are top 3, but their profits are very low. With their experience and reputation they want to treat their people well, and that is something from JYP himself. They also have the long training periods like the other two. However, I think because of their lower budget, it's hard for them to keep both of these at top level while also stacking up promotions for multiple groups. It may be part advertising budget, part production staffing budget, I don't know, but the way they stagger releases between their artists makes me think they don't even have the cash flow to run too many at once at the level of quality and humane treatment they are committed to.

JYP awkward budget level? You mean, the company with former CF queen Suzy, 2PM (which are very popular in Asia), got7 (which are getting popular know, with Jackson appearing in almost every korean variety show) and Twice (currently THE girl group).

I think it just has to do of how JYP doesn't milk their artists after some years and with how awkward the relationship between Suzy and the rest of Miss A has been for the last years. It's better not to damage the Suzy brand. And their last comeback was one year ago, which is the standard for big girl groups.

luso

RIP Miss A :(
I saw their debut back in 2010 and 2013 they release the great mini Hush.

I guess the focus is on Twice.
JYP has this thing of achieving great success for his groups but the flame burns too quickly and burn outs too soon.

llehuty

Is it even possible for Suzy to get backlash?
I think nobody can escape from backlash, but it would probably have zero consequences, Seolhyun just got a CF deal recently... And I think IU is fine after the Eunkhyungate and the pedophilegate.

Netizens do a lot of noise, but at the end of the day it's without consequences for consolidated acts. At least, most of the times (Rip T-ara).

Pendulum

In light of the Miss A news I am wondering how much longer we must wait for confirmation of After School/Orange Caramel and Secret.

Dice

I missed out on known Mina HATER Dice getting a Mina avatar.
I was never a hater, she just didn't connect to wow me like she did for others, and I didn't rule out ever coming around on her. After seeing more variety stuff and special performances, I don't think their cutesy high energy concepts fit her well. Also, avatar potential of a pic is not necessarily controlled by love for the subject anyway. If it works it works.

c6ojB1H.jpg

Make them a duo with Suzy and Fei plz.

Btw I really love 'Hush' it seems underrated. The lyrics make it silly but I love the production and how instruments and beats keep getting added to the instrumental.

llehuty

LiVii - Luna (Audio)
This is good!

ROMEO_&#50501;&#47805;(Nightmare)_Teaser
The new kings are back, with less budget than ever!

I never really got into Da Mouth, but I know Aisa because of this absolute jam from back in '08. Still holds up today:

LOW JACK THREE / INTO THE MIRROR feat.AISA
This is good. Thanks for sharing. I don't know why but Da Mouth clicks with me, even if chinese vocals tend to put me off.

Btw I really love 'Hush' it seems underrated. The lyrics make it silly but I love the production and how instruments and beats keep getting added to the instrumental.
I would say it's overrated. The song just goes nowhere, it's just build up with zero payoff. It's unfortunate, because they are capable of pulling off subdued pop that works, like in Love Alone and Touch.

No No Eul

Soompi said:
JYP Entertainment Clarifies miss A’s Future Plans

The company firmly stated that this is not the end of Miss A. “It is only Jia leaving the group. miss A will not disband. While there aren’t any plans for an album or comeback activities for some time, the three members will focus on individual activities.”

When you look at what the Wonder Girls have been through / survived, I guess there's every chance that Miss A will actually continue.

Is it even possible for Suzy to get backlash?

Yeah, she's not totally immune to that sort of thing. I remember people got really pissed at her when she gave a half-assed acceptance speech at the MBC Drama Awards a while back.

Such a good tune, despite that shitty violin.

Still my favourite Miss A song.

Everyone knows 'Breathe' is the best Miss A track

tumblr_mcl7jzPCDQ1ruk9eao1_500.gif

Some Brave Girls stuff! I saw fancams of them popping up and they've been performing here and there this month.

There's also this: BNT Photoshoot making of

They have been performing their older songs with the current members:

- 'Nowadays You' (my fave)
- 'Do you know' (their ballad-with-choreo debut song, this is a Hyeran fancam because why not)
- that one song that had the rasta mess of a concept (they should've let that one in the past)
- and lastly GOAT SOTY 'Deepened'

I hope they get new material this year, c'mon Brave!

Ci3lUAAUYAAny4t.jpg

If EXID's album isn't just old tracks, and even if it partly is, it should be a really strong contender for k-pop album of the year.

Cautiously hyped for this. Hope it's a return to form when it comes to the promoted track they'll go with. I was initially disappointed by the Ah Yeah mini, but time has taught me that I was being foolish and that the mini was a worthy successor to Hippity Hop. Their pomoted tracks on the other had are on a steady decline imo. Not a steep one, but a decline none the less. I say this every time they have a comeback, but it bears repeating unless they want to become the next Sistar (which technically would be a great idea I guess); Less Up & Down and more I Feel Good and/or Every Night please.

If she called Dokdo, Takeshima or something yeah.

Or if she doesn't know her Korean history.

I wonder how well JYP has prepared the J-trinity to navigate this mine field. Tzuyugate didn't exactly do much to garner confidence their ability to handle sensitive subjects.

Love that song. Here's another lesser-known jam from them:

miss A “Love Alone” M/V

Their best song, hands down.

Miss A can continue as a 3 person group...I mean, they did shoot a video back in the day without Min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY8ZPvupO14

Does anyone know how/why?

Min is in the video. Love Again was just a pre-debut promotional video for Samsung. Don''t think the final lineup was decided yet.

Merge the Wonder Girls with Miss A

Honestly, I don't think I would mind. I think a lot of people would though.

JYP awkward budget level? You mean, the company with former CF queen Suzy

Doesn't she still reign supreme?

vanty

Some Brave Girls stuff! I saw fancams of them popping up and they've been performing here and there this month.

There's also this: BNT Photoshoot making of

They have been performing their older songs with the current members:

- 'Nowadays You' (my fave)
- 'Do you know' (their ballad-with-choreo debut song, this is a Hyeran fancam because why not)
- that one song that had the rasta mess of a concept (they should've let that one in the past)
- and lastly GOAT SOTY 'Deepened'

I hope they get new material this year, c'mon Brave!

Wow Hyeran looks like a different person without that dodgy hair and bandana she had going on for Deepened. Good stufffffffffffff

llehuty

Top Bottom