• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

RedEther

2nd member of YG's new girl group is Lisa

003baac7dd1da32cd40bce05996c573d.jpg

4a8ea001bd270d80256d11bb56920111.jpg

40f8625fee289b2933cf139c6d37d40a.jpg

6fd442303c866ca69821bc23badc9483.jpg

036d1d8c42bd595def2e4afb31188f1f.jpg

73ef464f833b66222b52d7dfa00ffce3.jpg

2c894c763fc7b06255ba48a37bcf8d84.jpg

Here's her trainee video from four years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdhLxKFcOWQ

Riverfield

Neo Member
Riverfield. Vanishes for a few years. Returns randomly with the amazing news.

Been too busy to keep up with kpop. Wonder Girls' Wonder World is pretty much the only Korean girl group stuff I listen to anymore--ok, maybe Ma Boy is in every playlist. Anybody willing to toss me some recs from the past few years?

Stuff I've already heard:
Lim Kim - Simple Mind. Awoo is dope
IU - 23
Taeyeon's solo single I don't remember anything about it except Portland
That JYP Conan song
That Twice song. Maybe their debut? idk. Momo is hot, but otherwise don't care about Twice
This ;^)

2nd member of YG's new girl group is Lisa

Can anybody explain to me Supreme or whatever it is?

I know they're streetwear but beyond that, I don't get why everyone and their moms wants one. It's not like they're Lululemon with the yoga pants, it seems like everybody buys them for a stupid piece of rubberband to show off and say they aren't dirty bastards who don't wear underwear.

RIP 9Muses?

Or should we save that for when Kyungri leaves too?

feist_

Banned
"News" is the song that made me and many of the posters here care about Nine Muses, and I was on-board ever since.

While the latest group configuration has garnered more media coverage, higher sales, and a few good releases, 2013-era Muses was unquestionably the best lineup with the most consistent string of songs.

It was a great year/era, perhaps capped off by the Nine Muses MBC Music Picnic Live event where they reinterpreted some of their music.

Former 9M trinity performing with current trinity member Hyemi:

Nine Muses "News" (Rock Ver.) --- 나인뮤지스 News 피크닉 라이브 소리풍경 15회

Nine Muses 나인뮤지스 휴지조각 피크닉 라이브 소리풍경 15회

Nine Muses 나인뮤지스 Dolls 피크닉 라이브 소리풍경 15회

Been too busy to keep up with kpop. Wonder Girls' Wonder World is pretty much the only Korean girl group stuff I listen to anymore--ok, maybe Ma Boy is in every playlist. Anybody willing to toss me some recs from the past few years?

IU - 23
That JYP Conan song
That Twice song. Maybe their debut? idk. Momo is hot, but otherwise don't care about Twice
This ;^)
Understandable, I often go weeks to months at a time. Not too long ago I missed about a year or more of music, not just K-Pop.

I could make an endless list of music to check out, so as cliche as it seems, the OP of this thread really is an amazing resource towards that end.

I still listen to Wonder World, and there are so many songs and albums that come to mind such as:

Mandatory Listening:
Wonder Girls - Reboot

Boa - Only One

Boa - Kiss My Lips

Dynamic Duo - Grand Carnival

After School - Dressed to Kill (Japanese release)

others...

Good songs and albums:
HA:TFELT - Me? (Wonder Girls' Yenny solo)

OMG/Oh My Girl's entire catalogue (or at least their singles)

Brave Girls "Deepened" single

Ladies Code - MYST3RY mini

Red Velvet - most of their releases

BTS - most of their releases past few years (GOT7 as well)

AoA - "Miniskirt," "Under the Street Lights," "10 Seconds"

Sunmi - Full Moon mini ("Frozen in Time" so good)

f(x) - 4 Walls

Primary - various songs

Mamamoo - you may or may not like their output

4 Minute's past 2 albums & 2Yoon mini

Bestie - "Love Options," "Thank You Very Much," others

Big Bang "Bad Boy," "Blue," others

Brown Eye Girls' last 2-3 albums

Gain solos, Miryo 1st solo mini

Clazzi - Infant

Dal Shabet "B.B.B," "Someone Like You"

Various songs from Shinee and Seventeen

Essentially anything from: Hoody, Nieah, Satbyeol, Neon Bunny

The list of indie artists is just as extensive if not more so, than the better know mainstream acts.

Pendulum

Sweet list. tyty

Just watched Reboot mv. Song is nice, but I am learning about an uncomfortable number of JYP's fetishes.

"I Feel You" is the single. "Reboot" is the album and is a full experience. Last year's Pop Album of the Year no doubt.

Great list by feist, and I'll add Zion T. and hyukoh (as their own act, and as leader Oh Hyuk with Primary) - both have put out good, distinctive releases. Oh, and Epik High put out a great album in "Shoebox", stepping it back up after their disappointing "99".

Edit: If we're talking a few years, have you listened to f(x)'s "Pink Tape"?

IU - 23
That JYP Conan song
This ;^)

Albums:

Wonder Girls - Reboot
Red Velvet - The Red
f(x) - Red Light
f(x) - 4 Walls
SNSD - I Got a Boy
Brown Eyed Girls - Black Box
f(x) - Pink Tape

Red Velvet - Ice Cream Cake
Miss A - Touch
Brown Eyed Girls - Basic

Unassorted songs not on any of those albums off the top of my head at 6AM:

Oh My Girl
Closer
Windy Day
Liar Liar
One Step, Two Steps
Hot Summer Nights
Cupid

Red Velvet
Happiness
Wish Tree

EXID
Every Night
I Feel Good
Up & Down
L.I.E

9 Muses
Wild
Hurt Locker
Gun

After School
Flashback

Spica
Russian Roulette
No More
Up and Down
Painkiller
Ghost

Lovelyz
Ah-Choo
Good Night Like Yesterday
Hi~
Destiny

4Minute
Dream Racer
Volume Up
Love Tension
Crazy
Ready Go

Miss A
Only You
Love Song

Kara
Mamma Mia

Stellar
Vibrato
Marionette
Mask
Sting

Odd Eye
Catch Me if You Can
Follow Me
Never

Girl's Day
Expectation
Don't Forget Me
Something

Chocolat
One More Day
Black Tinkerbell
I Like It

SNSD
Lion Heart

SNSD-TTS
Baby Steps
Adrenaline
Only U

Dal Shabet
B.B.B
Someone Like U
Mr. Bang Bang
Be Ambitious

Tiffany
I Just Wanna Dance

Produce 101
In The Same Place
Don't Matter
24 Hours

Gfriend
Me Gustas Tu

Twice
Like a Fool

Kiss & Cry
Domino Game

Dia
Paradise

AOA
Confused
Heart Attack
Like a Cat

Chi Chi
Love is Energy

BoA
The Shadow
Lookbook

April
Tinker Bell
Jelly

Hello Venus
Would You Stay for Tea?
Venus

Gain
Paradise Lost

Laboum
Aalow Aalow
Fresh Adventure
What About You

Ladies Code
Hate You
So Wonderful [Areia Remix]

The Ark
The Light

CLC
Pepe

Hong Jin Young
Cheer Up

Hyosung
Find Me

Jieun
Don't Look at Me Like That

Big Bang
Blue
Monster
Loser
Sober
Lets Not Fall in Love

EXO
Growl
Call Me Baby
Miracles in December
Lightsaber
Overdose

Infinite
Back
The Chaser
Inconvinient Truth
Be Mine
Bad

SHINee
View
Married to the Music
Beautiful
Dream Girl

Beast
One
Good Luck
Hands Up
This is My Life

B1A4
Tried To Walk
What's Happening

Boyfriend
I Yah
Witch

Winner
Don't Flirt

BTS
I Need U

NCT U
The 7th Sense
Without You

Day6
Congratulations

Super Junior
Devil

C-Clown
Far Away Young Love

Nu'Est
Face

Teen Top
Crazy

Vixx
Error

Immediate edit:

Berry Good
Angel
Love Letter

GLAM
I Like That
In Front of the Mirror
Party (XXO)

SNSD
Check
Fire Alarm

Jessica
Fly

2nd ninja edit:

Mini albums:

EXID - Hippity Hop*
EXID - Ah Yeah*

* Includes 1 - 1 1/2 songs listed in the unassorted section

"Fly" isn't a good song, unfortunately.

Nobody asked for your opinion on anything aside from the rest of that BoA top 100 list.

feist_

Banned
The following post is not sponsored by CORIDEL ENTERTAINMENT

"Fly" may be mediocre, but it's still better than the sleep-inducing "Love Me The Same."

CORIDEL ENTERTAINMENT CORIDEL ENTERTAINMENT CORIDEL ENTERTAINMENT CORIDEL ENTERTAINMENT CORIDEL ENTERTAINMENT

I miss Younha. Looking forward to what you get when combining top tier singers like her and Yeeun, but must not get over-hyped.

Sweet list. tyty

Just watched Reboot mv. Song is nice, but I am learning about an uncomfortable number of JYP's fetishes.
That list, questionmark's suggestions and the OP should be good starting points.

Since you like IU, she also had these great collaborations:

[MV] IU(아이유) _ SOGYEOKDONG(소격동)
[LIVE] HYUKOH & IU - 공드리 @ 제비다방, 홍대

Of course "Sogyeokdong" perfectly transitions into this 2014 SOTY contender:

Neon Bunny - Its You

llehuty

Wait WHAT? ;_;

I should get used to thise things already, but somehow I can't? I don't think this is going to do them any favours taking into account Erin carries all the rappinh of the group (I adore Sungah, but her rapping is quite basic). And Satan Minha had a lot of dedicated 9Muses fans in the pocket, and she was starting to get comfortable and starting to bring something to the table, both in performances and behind the scenes. A real shame. This is not an Eunji, Leesam situation (sorry for their fans), this is going to make an impact, but they managed to recover from Sera leaving the group, so let's see how the group readapts from Nth time.

The timing for this, as always, is awful. The group getting some traction, Kyungri in multiple TV shows and they just finished the photobook. It's going to be bittersweet for everyone getting that photobook in the next couple of weeks.

So, now they are six, and I don't even know if I want Star Empire to keep adding memebers to the mix. They have been quite good with the members they added so far, so we'll see.

The only thing I ask is PLEASE, drop the rapping for future releases. Let Sungah sing!

llehuty

JUNHO (From 2PM) Teaser
Could be good.

소년 24 (Boys 24) - Rising Star MV
The male version of Produce 101 and their Pick Me Up.

Apparently 24 of the 49 will be performing in subunits once the show ends. After one year, one of the subunit will become a legit group. I'm expecting these plans to fall apart several times after IOI's management.

Is anyone following this? Or Cube's ew boy group reality? Or new SMTM? Any recommendations? I need my trashy mnet reality fix.

That male p101 rip-off already looks like it's trying way too hard. P101 was good because it was such a mess. I feel like this male idol version is gonna be waaay to fanservice-y and just overall tryhard. Watch them have an abs showoff or something.

sounds great to me

also THIS GUY

Welll, I'll give it a chance but we'll see. That guy you linked though, I felt like he was gonna do a deathdrop there lol. Is there actually a list of names of the guys involved? I was kinda hoping some trainees or members from failed groups I cared about would show up (like in p101).

llehuty

Edit: Oh My Girl at After School Club. Parts 1 2 3 4

HNNNNNG, not even 5 minutes in and Seunghee's english! SO DAMN GOOD.

Also, don't know if anyone else bought the Windy Day album (shme on you, the album is great), but the photocards have a QR code that links to a video of the member. Does anyone have seen a place that compilates all the clips?

Here is the one I got *.*: BE CAREFUL!! MIGHT MELT YOUR HEART

sounds great to me

also THIS GUY

LMAO, I wasn't even looking at the MV. I really like the tribal breakdown, but the song is not very memorable. (At least, compared to Pick Me Up)

Top Bottom