• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

neoism

r2lGFo0.jpg
<3

RedEther

Some people are saying the other members are discussing renewal and nothing about a disbandment is confirmed yet.

raw

I'm waiting for cube's official statement

Peru

If it's true I'm crushed. No other mainstream girl group operates in the same space and I don't have high hopes for a new one like them to arrive to the scene. I'll wait with the retrospective until it's official though-

Selane

Hyuna and the 4Minutes will now be known as Hyuna.

I suppose I should change my avatar, which I probably should have done anyway since Sohyun hasn't actually been attractive for several years at this point.

llehuty

Wow, didn't see that comming after those amazing likes-dislikes ratios.

No, but seriously, what a shame. I blame their brave bros era. I wonder if they will now transition CLC to 4minute kind of concepts.

luso

RIP 4Minute :(
Even if we wait for the official statement, it's the end.
I guess this was somehow predictable given last release results and slows loss of popularity. But probably some members just want to go to different paths and not be tied to a group anymore.
New generation is taking their place.

BEG, Rainbow and Sistar (and Secret) the last of 2006-2010 era concerning member changing/disbandment...

"4Minute released its first single, "Hot Issue", on June 15"
I remember their debut, the group concept was the "fierce" one, soon after 2NE1 had theirs (but not an imitation!). I just have to say liked more then 2NE1, Hyuna was also an important part :p

Peru

Hate didn't burn up the charts. But Crazy did. And so did the singles leading up to Crazy. I don't think this is something Cube would've decided based on loss of popularity. Either there were disagreements, the other members wanted to do something else or Cube are idiots.

12500.jpg

An insider told Soompi.com: "The course that each member is thinking of for their singing and acting careers are different and so after many months of debate, they decided it was hard to keep the group going as it is.

There is news that members Nam Ji Hyun and Heo Ga Yoon are speaking to other agencies

Insiders have revealed that it is highly likely that the other 4 members will seek out other entertainment companies. The main reason, as reported by the insiders, was that the remaining members each have a different career path and style that they each wish to pursue.Some wish to concentrate on acting, while some wish to follow a different path.

llehuty

I'm wondering of groups the could fill that void left by 4 minute and probably 2NE1. I see Wassup as the closest concept wise, although they are a bit dead. Maybe Brave Girls could transition to that? Or the new YG girl group?

Speaking of, any idea what they are going after? Some old reports were claiming that they would be YG's SNSD, but I feel like the group must have gone through the drawing board several times since that.

Anyway, on the other, kind of positive news, I can't wait for Gayoon solo career (I could also take 2Yoon as a permanent group).

Shame to see 4minute disband. I was so into them when they debuted. That trashy 'candy funky' styling, Jiyoon always in sunglasses. It just worked. Hot Issue and Muzik are such jams. Also gotta give it up for HuH and that flawless mini-album. After that it's been hit or miss, but when it was a hit it was damn good.

Unbanned only to hear 4Minute is done :(

Cube is trash. Thank goodness APink is no longer associated with them.

Also I wish CLC would throw their dubs up in the beginning of their new single when they are doing the c-walking type dance move.

Hey guys! New here -- but who else is missing some After School?

I mean, Bang!, Shampoo, First Love.. show some love! I don't even know if they're still all together since all the OGs graduated.
9125356.png

edit ps.
bye 4minute. Although let's be real that Hyuna was the only relevant one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can't agree with that. I'll admit that as much as I love them, Sohyun and Jihyun are fairly weak performers, but Gayoon and Jiyoon are very strong performers in different ways.

Indeed, so much potential, can't believe Happy Face has them in the dungeon.

Hasn't it been over a year since their Dal Shabet leftovers comeback? Happy Face must be running out of money.

Speaking of, any idea what they are going after? Some old reports were claiming that they would be YG's SNSD, but I feel like the group must have gone through the drawing board several times since that.

Seems like it'll only be a 4 or 5 member group again. YGs too busy making solo artists he'll promote once every 5 years.

^ I'm now missing more Orange Caramel (the unit!) than After School to be honest.

d2f7b5238ae42f6ca2eec58db4fbcd43.gif

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm upset and sad. Not surprised about it though since Jihyun mentioned that if their CB flopped that they would leave Cube but still...Ugh. I hope that Hyuna's solo does well and that the other members succeed in whatever they plan on doing.

RIP 4M; you were one of my favorite ggs ;___;

I hate Cube. Soooo much.

Hearing the 4M news reminds me of the 2012 SBS Concert in LA I attended and how iconic it is in retrospect. Out of the groups that performed that evening, only SISTAR and CNBlue remain the same.

SNSD: Jessica left fired
2NE1: Minzy Left
B2ST: Hyunseung left
KARA: disbanded
4 Minute: disbanded

Cube is DSP-tier when it comes to promoting their artists. Wouldn't surprise if BEAST bails out also.

isuzu

I DREAM BECOME A WANDERER ON THE STAGE. HOWL
ING, FIGHTING, BUMPING EACH OTHERS, RIDING ON
THE STORM LIKE ASUN FLOWER BLOOM ALONE IN
THE WILD DESSERT, I"LL GUSH MY PASSION & STORIES
ON THE STAGE. BECAUSE I'M A RAPPER.
MYSELF, PRODUCE 101 WAS BECAME THE TURNNING POINT.
MY MUSIC

this is poetry
SeemsGood.png
SeemsGood.png

llehuty

[MV] DIA(&#45796;&#51060;&#50500;) - On The Road (&#44536; &#44600;&#50640;&#49436;)
This is sooo not their concept. What are you doing MBK?

&#55064;&#49457; WheeSung - &#51228;&#44788; Hold Over (feat. LE) Official M/V
This sound has been overdone lately (and much better than in here).

U-KISS(&#50976;&#53412;&#49828;)-Stalker_Dance practice ver
This choreo is cool

[COVER] Emotion - &#47560;&#54008;&#45796; (MATILDA)
These girls are winning me over.

KangNam&#12300;Ready to Fly&#12301;MV (short ver.)

[EXID(&#51060;&#50641;&#49828;&#50500;&#51060;&#46356;)] L.I.E M/V DANCE ver.
Found really interesting that this clip has nothing to do with the MV (except from the colour palette)

CROSS GENE &#12300;Mr. Secret&#12301; Dance Video
Seems like their budget is getting thinner by every release.

Hey guys! New here -- but who else is missing some After School?

I mean, Bang!, Shampoo, First Love.. show some love! I don't even know if they're still all together since all the OGs graduated.
9125356.png
I do, hopefully Pledis decides to do something with them soonn, or ,at least push hard for Pledis Girls

JustinBB7

4Minute was one of my favs. Very unique style. I'm not as super into K-Pop as most you guys here, but it really does seem there is a new generation taking over. At least Hyuna will keep going. Might just be for the best.

Dia is pretty good. But it's obviously so unoriginal, it's not going to help them stand out at all. The group is very strongly visually though, I wanna root for them but not like this. MBK makes such weird decisions.

feist_

Banned
More awful group news. At least with Kara it was clear that things would likely come to an end soon, rather than later. People were dismissing the potential warnings 4Minute members relayed ahead of their last comeback as merely a media play.

If it's true I'm crushed. No other mainstream girl group operates in the same space and I don't have high hopes for a new one like them to arrive to the scene. I'll wait with the retrospective until it's official though-
Yup. How many acts experimented as much as 4Minute have while doing so successfully more often than not? Importantly, it all managed to sound like 4Minute, as opposed to other experimental groups who often seemed to lack a clear sound or group vision.

f(x) have also done this well, though you could argue 4Minute were more varied and successful at it.

BEG, Rainbow and Sistar (and Secret) the last of 2006-2010 era concerning member changing/disbandment...
At this point, Rainbow is largely a re-animated corpse which currently releases 1-2 okay songs every few years, at best. Secret is essentially dead, and even Rainbow have more recently released a good song than Sistar have.

4Minute was one of my favs. Very unique style. I'm not as super into K-Pop as most you guys here, but it really does seem there is a new generation taking over. At least Hyuna will keep going. Might just be for the best.
Oddly enough this is the first member change or breakup news that the upcoming class of groups came to mind.

Unlike SNSD and T-ara, 4Minute continued to release songs which were mostly interesting and mostly good.

edit ps.
R1920x0

Top Bottom