• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

NSFWish The Lovelyz’s Seo Ji Soo Mess: Evidence of fabricated proofs emerge + accusations expand
Looks like all the accusations start falling apart. Wonder if the girl is going to recover from this. Lovelyz already debuted their title track without Jisoo:

[HOT DEBUT] 141113 러블리즈 - 캔디젤리러브, Lovelyz - Candy Jelly Love 최초공개
Let's see if they end up getting an identity, because this looks and sounds just like an A-Pink cover.

Journalists swore at Krystal for arriving late to an event?
Leave best Jung sister alone!

luso

It's not even a real question, he is just bragging. Look at me, I can spell a name in Korean.

On a defense note, sometimes the romanization of a a person name is not known, so the korean name is ambiguous. There are those romanization rules but many times not followed for a person's name. But in here I think it's known.

DorkShiDae
tumblr_nf1i62rG8k1rp2chco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nf18zsBn631rp2chco1_1280.jpg

Chuckie

On a defense note, sometimes the romanization of a a person name is not known, so the korean name is ambiguous. There are those romanization rules but many times not followed for a person's name.

And then it would be fine with me, but now I googled it and got an instant 'Hong Jin-young'.

Well never mind... I am gonna shut up and look at some pictures of 혜리

llehuty

dokish

Banned
On a defense note, sometimes the romanization of a a person name is not known, so the korean name is ambiguous. There are those romanization rules but many times not followed for a person's name. But in here I think it's known.

I'm surprised this even became a discussion. Well, not really. Anything goes to unleash hate on dokish.

1. I don't need to brag about anything and I have never done such thing. My Korean is known everywhere to be pretty average. I know someone who's been here 19 years, is married to a Korean woman and have two sons, the older one being 14 - I'm a long way before bragging about something. The guy's Korean is flawless and he's also famous in Korea television.

2. I'm in Korea so obviously everything here is in Korean. It is okay for me to Google a Korean name in the romanized form, but not for you do the same? That's not even the point. luso is correct. Romanization is nasty and I have no idea how to spell since Korean name repeat themselves all the time. Also, every YouTube music video is followed by their respective name in Korean or English, so is expected that, by continuous exposure, that people know that 소녀시대 means Girl's Generation.

This is my keyboard and guess what, English is not the only language I type in IT !!11 SHOCKING !11!! I have a specific button (like every other Korean keyboard) to change on the fly between alphabets, so is not a hassle to do it, because I have to do it all the time like every other freaking person.

GAF is a very bitter place.

4. EDIT: Forum went down so this wasn't added. Like Dice said - even though this is not the reason for me typing a famous people in Korean -, here is a community to discuss K Pop, and judging by the "passion" of some posters in here, would be expected to at least know how to read the freaking alphabet. If you spend most of your time reading, writing, posting and looking pictures of subjects you admire, you would at least get of your ass and do a little effort to invest in your hobbies/whatever. Doesn't seem the case. Huge K Pop Fan - Stares at pictures all day. That is the fucking creepy part. You can hate me all you want, but at least I'm here learning a new language, interacting with a new culture and being productive. I'm moving on with my life and acquiring tons of personal growth. I guess it infuriates people stuck in second gear with their shitty lives. Stop complaining about people and try be a less bitter about things. I never attack or complain about anyone in here, makes me no good and I don't leave them in a better place by doing so.

giri

Teacher Sunny

Just her new radio show.

Where she regrets what she had to give up to be part of SNSD. I think it's a bit of grass is greener syndrome. But she admits that why she takes it easier these days, to make up for lost fun time.

TBH, the best part about sunny in roommates is how relaxed she is about everything. And her rampant alcoholism. God bless her and Lizzy. And Nicole.

giri

Come on giri, this is just shit posting.

Expectations were certainly set quite high with the prerelease tracks 행복하지마 and 썸남썸녀. So much so that the general sentiment was that their title track didn't live up to the expectations set by those.

This is more of a reply than your post deserves tbh.

It wasn't shit posting at all. You want to stan them, go for it. Doesn't mean I have to believe whats written and can't laugh at it either.

I had no expectations and they weren't blown away.

You might have, but in general? no. Too many nugu's to have massive expectations of any of them.

I still haven't heard anything from mamamoo that makes me want to ever seek them out.

here's another e.g. nicoles fan group name of colling is hillariously bad. Not gonna defend it.

ramyeon

It wasn't shit posting at all. You want to stan them, go for it. Doesn't mean I have to believe whats written and can't laugh at it either.

I had no expectations and they weren't blown away.

You might have, but in general? no. Too many nugu's to have massive expectations of any of them.

I still haven't heard anything from mamamoo that makes me want to ever seek them out.

here's another e.g. nicoles fan group name of colling is hillariously bad. Not gonna defend it.
So by pointing out that expectations for their debut were quite high which led to disappointment (Even I was disappoonted with it) I'm somehow "stanning" them?

Generally speaking expectations were quite high after their pre release tracks, both within Korean netizens and international fans from what I saw. Especially when compared with other girl group debuts from companies not in the Big 3.

You might not care for their style of music but just as you said, your opinion isn't necessarily the general overall opinion.

Not sure what the example of Nicole's fan group name has to do with anything. Unless you're trying to say I'm somehow blindly defending them, which I am not.

And yes, that kind of reply is pretty much trolling and just bad posting. If you had actually articulated your opinion it would have led to better discussion ;)

Pendulum

Edit: Anyway, back on topic. Pritz hasn't released their MV, but the single is out.

Pritz (프리츠) - 솔아솔아 (Sora.Sora)
Pritz (프리츠) - 꿈쩍 (Dream Bang)

Didn't expect that title track after the teaser we had. Need MV to properly get it I think.

It's along the lines of what I was expecting (and hoping for) after listening to "Too Difficult~Oh Eh Oh Eh~" which I feel is their best release so far. That and "Sora Sora" reminds me of stuff like Momoiro Clover Z's "Saraba Itoshiki Kanashimi Tachiyo".

TBH, the best part about sunny in roommates is how relaxed she is about everything. And her rampant alcoholism. God bless her and Lizzy. And Nicole.

Never been a fan of the gg but Sunny seems like a cool person to hangout with just based on this show. Becoming a supporter~

luso

Just her new radio show.

Where she regrets what she had to give up to be part of SNSD. I think it's a bit of grass is greener syndrome. But she admits that why she takes it easier these days, to make up for lost fun time.

Her as DJ on this "new" radio show is already with 6 months of airing time. It's baffling is really a daily show, I mean it's airing on all 7 days of the week..
Everyone from time to time can ask himself/herself "what if...". For us it could be "what if I went to college", "what if I accepted that job", "what if I dated X "etc. Not uncommon with celebs thinking about a non-celeb life.

She's just relaxed now, true, using comfortable clothes and almost no make-up nowadays, the phase where the image should be projected as perfect is gone. But she's also tired at the moment due the schedules.
Should be great to have a drinking session with Sunkyu.

A fan asks to marry her, she asks for the ring.

tumblr_nf37pjY27d1rp2chco1_1280.jpg

Rams, are you coming to Korea? I wanna possess your body.

"Time to oil up"?

Fafnir

Wow, MC Mong got #1 on MuCore. Beat out Beast and some other boy group. MuCore best music show confirmed.

Obvious netizens rage ensues.
dTqE2.gif

vanty

By gravure standards what she's doing is pretty tame. There are 16yo idols doing sexier stuff than that. Even the Maxim Korea stuff that kpop idols do is more risque.

neoism

Her as DJ on this "new" radio show is already with 6 months of airing time. It's baffling is really a daily show, I mean it's airing on all 7 days of the week..
Everyone from time to time can ask himself/herself "what if...". For us it could be "what if I went to college", "what if I accepted that job", "what if I dated X "etc. Not uncommon with celebs thinking about a non-celeb life.

She's just relaxed now, true, using comfortable clothes and almost no make-up nowadays, the phase where the image should be projected as perfect is gone. But she's also tired at the moment due the schedules.
Should be great to have a drinking session with Sunkyu.

A fan asks to marry her, she asks for the ring.

tumblr_nf37pjY27d1rp2chco1_1280.jpg

"Time to oil up"?
man i sooo wish sunnybunny was in TTS :/

luso

That mystery K-pop song I was looking for was Tomboy by Bae Seul Gi.

Very nice. Back then songs seemed more carefree than nowadays.
And damn you, I got some XMAN video suggestions in YT, you can lost hours watching those e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNOBIdY4E0

Edit:

A little rant, I blame you SM for not doing a SNSD Tokyo Dome concert earlier. This is not even about Jessica's leaving, it's because it could have been done earlier, 4 years and 4 months since their debut in Japan and only now it's done.

vanty

That was extreme reaction I agree, but why really ? If it's to do this, I'd rather liked she stayed with Kara. This nude photoshoot just doesn't fit her at all.
She's living in Tokyo, already has multiple acting roles within a few months of working, and can do whatever she wants away from the restrictions of Korean idol life. The other three in Kara are probably being all 'fml' now. Especially when Youngji is just bossing everything.

Top Bottom