• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Her cats look to be distressed under Star Empire Entertainment's management.

tumblr_nfj2l89zuD1s1yt1go4_500.gif

tumblr_nfj2l89zuD1s1yt1go2_500.gif

RubyFaith

Does kpopgaf like Lovelyz?

Life with a Korean partner, blog post #1

The Korean coffee shop culture is blooming and it doesn't seem it will stop anytime soon. More than a place to relax, catch up with friends or enjoy your favorite drinks, coffee shops became one of the most favorite options to students who wants to find a good place to study. A lot of them seek coffee shops because they cannot properly study at home: their moms, siblings or something else will get in the way. Also, being at home is an easy way to get distracted or falling asleep (like reported by my own friends).

Usually, when couples need to get things done, it's not unusual to see them sitting together at coffee shops and working in their specific assignments. It seems a funny and healthy way to do what you gotta do - You cannot meet for a date, however you can study together. This keeps the stress off, you can take nice little breaks to chat, get shit done and enjoy each others company. Win win.

Yesterday I sat there for roughly 7 hours while she was doing some boring ass Chinese papers that the teacher gave to her class.

Someone warn this girl.

+ Sohyun

tumblr_nfi7lw2por1reg7l4o1_1280.jpg

MBC and SBS are halting/denying service to youtube for their shows starting Monday. Other networks expected to follow suit.

Have fun with those huge drops in interest Korean media/ what ever nonsense profits lol. When thats 80% of your viewer base vs. the 5% of the thing you are trying to force people to use... yeah... this is gonna work out great.

I love Jay, dude's my dude for forever but goddamn, he should just stop rapping. His delivery is just whack, he hits all the beats and accents but his flow, to put it in an analogy, feels like a malfunctioning fan. It speeds up and slows down for no reason and it breaks that constant stream of air a fan requires... that's how Jay's rapping sounds like. It's fine for his own recorded songs, but put him up against greats like Simon D and Dumbfoundead, he just looks amateurish.

Sidenote: why the hell is Dumbfoundead calling himself Parker now? I was so confused for the first 2 minutes wondering who the hell Parker was until I realized it was DFD lol.

MBC and SBS are halting/denying service to youtube for their shows starting Monday. Other networks expected to follow suit.

Have fun with those huge drops in interest Korean media/ what ever nonsense profits lol. When thats 80% of your viewer base vs. the 5% of the thing you are trying to force people to use... yeah... this is gonna work out great.

Believe it or not this actually doesn't affect them that much. They can deny you their official channel, but they're making bank off Hulu/Dramafever for licensing their shows.

Besides, the international crowd is savvy enough to find fansubs... whereas MBC and SBS never translate their shows for their official YT channels. Only KBS does and it's on a 2 week delay. They also don't make any money off international internet viewers. The money from those ads that played during Roommate on Dramafever went to DF and not SBS' pockets.

This is probably because Korean media doesn't have the same appeal as other foreign media like European shows or anime. Doctor Who, Sherlock, Attack on Titan, Naruto...etc, appeal to a huge crowd internationally, not just a select few. Until SBS, MBC, whoever, can appeal to a huge audience and make the same amount of money as animes from licensing, it's going to stay the same way as it is right now.

broz0rs

I love Jay, dude's my dude for forever but goddamn, he should just stop rapping. His delivery is just whack, he hits all the beats and accents but his flow, to put it in an analogy, feels like a malfunctioning fan. It speeds up and slows down for no reason and it breaks that constant stream of air a fan requires... that's how Jay's rapping sounds like. It's fine for his own recorded songs, but put him up against greats like Simon D and Dumbfoundead, he just looks amateurish.

Sidenote: why the hell is Dumbfoundead calling himself Parker now? I was so confused for the first 2 minutes wondering who the hell Parker was until I realized it was DFD lol

lol remember what Jay Park said about his own rap abilities when he was a trainee for JYPE? I think he'll be the first to admit that he's not up to par with his AOMG crew.

I follow Dumbfoundead a bit and he changed his name to Parker because he wants to promote more in Korea and figured Koreans would be able to say 파커 a lot easier than his original name, which sounds ridiculous in Hangul.

Pendulum

Never expected saying this, but last Wa$$up mini album is quite decent(?)

Very interesting production. Most of the tracks going with a arabic vibe. Didn't expect it at all. Sounds a bit YGish with a CL Nada solo and everything.

Wa$$up (와썹) - 시끄러워U (Shut U) (Full Audio) (Title track)

Clicked on this with a wince ready and waiting, but you are right. I'll have to check out the rest of the mini (with less of a wince ready)

Edit: Ah, that's why it sounds better than expected (and a bit familiar) - song's producer also worked on f(x)'s "Rainbow" (as well as SNSD's "I Got A Boy", Red Velvet's "Happiness", BESTie's "Pitapat" and EXO's "Wolf"/"Thunder").

What's the reasoning behind this? I've been most impressed with KBS' efforts - 2 streaming channels and subs of shows constantly being put up. That will be the greatest loss.

No No Eul

Apink's new MV isn't quite as bad as I was expecting given the fairly tepid reception here. It has its moments and I'm glad they're sticking with the retro sound but yeah, it's still kind of disappointing. Hopefully the rest of the EP makes up for it.

It's awesome to see EXID getting some recognition. They thoroughly deserve it. Up & Down is great.

Well that's a bummer. I wonder what they're planning to do with all the music show stuff. Upload it somewhere else? Do nothing at all?

It's not as if nobody's watching what they're uploading. That Apink performance on Music Core that luso posted a couple of pages back has over 600,000 views. The MBCkpop channel has almost 2 million subscribers and 1.1 billion total views. It seems a bit silly to throw that away.

Soompi said:
Lee Byung Hun Responds to Dating Evidence in Court

Actor Lee Byung Hun has finally appeared in court as a witness to testify against the women who blackmailed him earlier this year.

At the trial, Lee Byung Hun explained how he came to know the two women, as well as the events leading up to the blackmailing.

When the accused Lee Ji Yeon submitted Kakaotalk messages between her and Lee Byung Hun as evidence to prove that they were in a relationship, Lee Byung Hun replied by saying, “It was a joke,” and “I don’t remember.”

Proof positive! lol

llehuty

나뮤캐스트 [9MUSES CAST] Ep.02 : 나 혼자 산다 (feat.모야,호야)
Centered around Hyuna and her cats, but still featuring plenty of Sungah and Erin. It's basically them three hanging around.

This moment of them casually watching the TV is hilarious.

I hope thay are doing this because they are planning for an alternative for the international audience (something like viki gets all our shows or something). Becuase if not this sucks. RIP gayo performances clips.

vanty

Don't most of the music show clips on YouTube have horrible image quality because they're usually just ripped off an online stream or something?

llehuty

Don't most of the music show clips on YouTube have horrible image quality because they're usually just ripped off an online stream or something?

Not the official ones. Well, MBC uploads are a bit shitty though. Also, maybe it's the weird wording, but the are talking about youtube korea, so maybe this is to force korean audience to watch it somewhere else. This could be a good idea since they could properly target their contant at international audience, with subs and everything. Not getting my hopes up.

I just hope this is not a transition to the jpop model of "screw international fans".

No No Eul

Never expected saying this, but last Wa$$up mini album is quite decent(?)

Very interesting production. Most of the tracks going with a arabic vibe. Didn't expect it at all. Sounds a bit YGish with a CL Nada solo and everything.

Wa$$up (와썹) - 시끄러워U (Shut U) (Full Audio) (Title track)

I like that a lot. Track five is pretty nice too. I'm not really a fan of the rest of the mini but still, I like that they're continuing to set themselves apart from the vast majority of girl group output.

Haha, good spot. #controversy #bullies #sponsored

llehuty

Dal Shabet comeback*
Comeback of "Shabet on Air", their youtube behind the scenes videos. Fucking Happy Face entertainment decided to only put in english "comeback", I was so hyped for the 30 seconds that took me to realize that something was off.

Jimin getting the hyoyeon treatment. AOA truly the next SNSD

Her cats look to be distressed under Star Empire Entertainment's management.

tumblr_nfkaieuKff1t7an8uo8_400.gif
tumblr_nfkaieuKff1t7an8uo5_400.gif
tumblr_nfkaieuKff1t7an8uo6_400.gif

What if hyemi just writes her name in everyone's possessions? :p

Also, reminder of roommate new time slot. New episode starting in half an hour.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What if hyemi just writes her name in everyone's possessions? :p
I remember seeing once some 9 Muses member was begging Hyemi to buy her an iced coffee, and Hyemi made her call her unnie, and that member said "I'm a shameless person like this."

I can't remember if it was Erin or not, but it is possible that Hyemi brings in the $$$$ and Erin is the one "bullied" in her poverty.

Believe it or not this actually doesn't affect them that much. They can deny you their official channel, but they're making bank off Hulu/Dramafever for licensing their shows.

Besides, the international crowd is savvy enough to find fansubs... whereas MBC and SBS never translate their shows for their official YT channels. Only KBS does and it's on a 2 week delay. They also don't make any money off international internet viewers. The money from those ads that played during Roommate on Dramafever went to DF and not SBS' pockets.

Yeah I expect as much, just baffles me they straight up said youtube was 80% of their online views in the press release, yet want to deny service to it. Not that I use youtube for the few shows I watch >.>

lol remember what Jay Park said about his own rap abilities when he was a trainee for JYPE? I think he'll be the first to admit that he's not up to par with his AOMG crew.

I follow Dumbfoundead a bit and he changed his name to Parker because he wants to promote more in Korea and figured Koreans would be able to say 파커 a lot easier than his original name, which sounds ridiculous in Hangul.

IIRC none of JYPE were even decent at rapping during those days so it kinda makes sense. But definitely, yeah, his rap career ended the moment Ssam D joined AOMG.

Lol Parker is definitely a lot easier but I think it's hilarious since they're probably gonna mispronounce it as Parka haha.

Yeah I expect as much, just baffles me they straight up said youtube was 80% of their online views in the press release, yet want to deny service to it. Not that I use youtube for the few shows I watch >.>

Yeah, I'm sure they know too well that the international crowd gets their stuff outside of YT.

It'd be interesting though if they implement their own service to get the shows, I'd pay $10 bucks a month to watch Roommate and Running Man... provided the delay for getting translations is only a few days, otherwise I'd stick to the status quo.

SunBunny gets you right in the kokoro.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I just got done laughing my ass off from ep 8 of Roommate, now I'm drowning in all these feels.

roaSone

Guys, about the restriction from channels like MBC, SBS, JTBC etc.. It'll only be forbidden in Korea, others countries will still have a full access to every contents that they had already uploaded aswell as the future ones.
That's why I understood from their messages.

llehuty

[HVTV-Training Session] HELLOVENUS Seo Young 헬로비너스 서영 Wiggle Wiggle Dance
The desperation is real.

Meanwhile:
Waveya Red Velvet_Be Natural 레드벨벳 cover dance

IU (아이유) & Song Jae-rim(송재림) - SBENU (스베누) Photoshoot + Interview

20141126 Showchampion WASSUP - Showtime&시끄러워U
Cranking up the backing track and doing some lipsyncing seems like a good choice.

Guys, about the restriction from channels like MBC, SBS, JTBC etc.. It'll only be forbidden in Korea, others countries will still have a full access to every contents that they had already uploaded aswell as the future ones.
That's why I understood from their messages.

Yeah, that's also what I understood form the messages, they talk about "youtube korea".

Edit: Page 50!! Let's celerate with some Sungah

Top Bottom