• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Yesterday I read this translation of a comment she said at the press conference:
She said, "I met the director and told him I had to play this role. I like trying new things and the character stood out in the scenario. I thought I might be able to receive help from the character in my acting. There are a lot of areas in which you need to be careful when talking about the various characters when you usually meet with the director for the first time, but I talked to him with firm conviction, saying I wanted to do [this role]. The character is the CEO of a shop that sells adult products, but I normally had no reason to look at adult products. That's why I studied. I cannot explain in detail, but I did study," raising curiosity.

I thought it was her speaking freely, grabbing some attention. But looking at that video, it really looks like she was dumped into it, and this was her trying to get out.

Director looks like an art school hack with his beret and scarf and goatee.

drighk :(

----

Edit:
Yesterday some netizen news was dragged up regarding SM Rookies' Taeyong (the guy in Red Velvet's "Be Natural", I believe).
This Instiz post alleges that SM Rookiez Taeyong went by the ID 'hssarang98' and 'julyfirst1' and conned people out of trades on a used items auction site around when he was in junior high school/before he became a trainee.

One of the posts reports him, stating, "I'd like to let everyone know that hssarang98 is a second year junior high school student is a liar... (goes into detail about how a figurine model he bought from him was severely different from the listing and missing several parts) Don't buy from him ^^"

Another user of the site reported Taeyong again posting up a series of messages exchanged with him where Taeyong said obscenities:

Taeyong: "Retard, you're in high school? Fuck, you're the bastard who hung up first because you were scared ㅋㅋ Retard can't even swear properly, retard ㅋㅋㅋ Retard, retard, hahahaha, you're such a retard, so pathetic, I feel so bad for you bitch"

Taeyong: "Fuck, I'm looking into where Yongsan High School even is, you bastard ㅋㅋ I know some fucking people, alright? Just wait, you retard ㅎㅎ I'll get there and beat you and rip your uniform apartㅎ"

User: "You take a month looking into things? Hurry up already and come~"

Taeyong: "You're motherless, aren't you, you motherless retard ㅋㅋㅋ"

-

There is apparently more posts made by him on the site from around 2009. Both accounts match in the phone number he used, his age, and his location.

How all of this was first discovered was when a rookies fancafe found out that he was a graduate of South Seoul Junior High School. People started looking up the school and found the nickname Taeyong used on his school's cafe. The ID, phone number, and other information matched his account information on the auction site.

People then found two more Naver IDs using that information that Taeyong used: hssarang98, julyfirst1, i55052, 1021kms, all accounts which have been reported by other users and even banned.

Today SM issued a statement which confirms the allegations. Fan translation:
it says Taeyong regrets everything he has done in the past and is sincerely apologizing about all his past wrongdoings..
It's Taeyong's official statement, he was the one who said it since he also apologized to the company too.

llehuty

Nicole being the cutest thing ever struggling with the gwiyomi player.

Sunye apparently not returning to the entertainment industry in order to "do the work of God".

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2014/12/sunye-declares-she-wont-be-coming-back.html

Not sure why she renewed her contract then. Her image has certainly done a 180 from the selfless leader of the WG to this. Used to love her back in the day, but now she comes across as really quite annoying.

Umm, seems like the article is a fabrication? ... ermm ok.

Edit: They really destroyed the Star Empire rookie in the Nasty Nasty subunit, she looks great with a natural look
B4fDNL5CMAAkbCx.jpg:orig
B4fDNMJCQAAelcX.jpg:orig

giri

Tiffany's vocal control has gone down hill for a while now, but it's not like Jessica would have sang that part any better.

Thats the worst part. Fanny used to work so hard on her vocals. She's diversified a lot these days, but its still disappointing. Many of the others have passed her by now. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
shorter hair Suzy looks amazing
DAYUM
kinda looks like IU now
My comment stands.

Director looks like an art school hack with his beret and scarf and goatee.
I've always seen Korean directors portrayed this way. I thought it was just a characterization thing in shows, but maybe they take it as like a "uniform" of a director? Anyway, dickhead was probably shot down at some point and figured he could get away with this revenge.

tumblr_nadb7lkqVy1qgwpcbo1_500.gif

Meth and ex... what is he a hillbilly from 1997 georgia's rave scene? not even that much, 6 grams and 10 pills. Please Asia, stop using small ass drug offenses and celeb busts to show how tough you are on crime, go back to harassing rich white college girls like the good ol days for this type of thing, its much funnier.

Oh well, drugs manufactured ones at least, are dumb anyway. If true he gets what he deserves.

And we thought 2014 wouldn't get any worse for K-Pop.

What's worse is that dude has apparently been in jail since the end of October and we're only finding this out now...?

The fnck...?

Valkerionseven, ex has never lost it's popularity. No one just pays attention to it anymore since marijuana has been the #1 drug issue today. But if you know what you're doing, ex's availability is pretty much the same as weed in illegal states.

Anyway, we're 20 days away from the end of 2014... I wonder if we're gonna get another bomb in K-Pop land. I thought Sica leaving was the last bomb of the year, but this might not be the case and we might get another one judging from the rumors going on.

luso

^You mean the Exo-dus rumours?
Meth is nasty.

Sunny. Why I didn't see this earlier, game is at home and by now friends limit is reached already.
Let's be friends on the Simpson family game (Simpsons: Tapped Out). "sunny515"..... This message can be mistaken as advertising so after about 30 minutes boom! It will get deleted♡
Don't start playing because of me, hehe. (TN:Too late, Sunny. Just saying.) If there are friends who are already playing, please request me as a friend~ And don't make fun of my town for being a mess... I haven't paid to play it yet... Temptation be gone~ Whoosh~~~

She also linked this song through twitter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLPg0Ynp1I
Living legend of the entertainment world. Angel of generosity. A singer you just trust and listen to instead of all of the words that describe him. I'm sharing the link to the original music video of Kim Jang-Hoon's "I Want to Live"... This is my direct endorsement. Hah! Let's watch together and write how we felt~

Peru

I have been following this story with a knot in my stomach and anger rising but some amazing work by activists and supporters has forced a response and made this whole event a platform that gives attention to the cause to society at large http://lgbtact.org/?p=737&ckattempt=1 Still the fucking endless repetition of the same step forwards, step backwards, law proposed, noisy bigot minority forcing it abandonded, needs to stop. The cowardly politicians and lawmakers need to tell those people to fuck off with their extremist shit and close the doors to that lobby for good.

Cuddler

I have been following this story with a knot in my stomach and anger rising but some amazing work by activists and supporters has forced a response and made this whole event a platform that gives attention to the cause to society at large http://lgbtact.org/?p=737&ckattempt=1 Still the fucking endless repetition of the same step forwards, step backwards, law proposed, noisy bigot minority forcing it abandonded, needs to stop. The cowardly politicians and lawmakers need to tell those people to fuck off with their extremist shit and close the doors to that lobby for good.

I've been following this too, those activists are amazing, it's 6 days that they are camped there. Link doesn't work unfortunately, but I guess you are talking about the problems with the Major of Seoul. It's seriously so similar to what happened with the anti-discrimination law. But when there are politicians that are free to say hateful and ignorant things like this, I'm really not surprised. Hopefully this time the results will be differents.

luso

Sunny plays Simpsons Tapped Out? *_* game is so good

Ahhhh too good.

Isn't that Simpsons game the shitty F2P thing that was parodied on South Park? Like you just spend money to build stuff and that's the whole game?

You don't need to pay to play or even to accomplish goals but yeah you can buy extra stuff if you want.

B4k5w-oCAAAMlVm.jpg

I see some unemployed people there.

164143464_16.jpg

164142178_14.jpg

164132219_3.jpg

164133270_4.jpg

164134266_5.jpg

164136271_7.jpg

New kpop gaf train

broz0rs

Loved how the latest episode of Roommate had what was essentially an homage to old school Korean songs, especially the god Kim Hyun Sik. Also,
Gukjoo losing her shit at the end was disturbing as fuck.

giri

Loved how the latest episode of Roommate had what was essentially an homage to old school Korean songs, especially the god Kim Hyun Sik. Also,

Honestly, I don't find Korean folk songs interesting/ good to listen to at all. Roommates appeal to try and be "Korea's" show, and get some of the older viewers by continually spruiking this is relatively tiresome.

You've got 4 pop-stars on your roster. Use that.

Use nana's legs.

That came out of left field. I was like O_O

Felt sorry for her.

neoism

That came out of left field. I was like O_O

Felt sorry for her.
Im sure that was more drawn out over a longer conversation... but yeah they edit it weirdly most episodes... I was like WHERE THE FUCK IS SUNNY and then suddenly she was their but wasn't like a minute before...lol

luso

Im sure that was more drawn out over a longer conversation... but yeah they edit it weirdly most episodes... I was like WHERE THE FUCK IS SUNNY and then suddenly she was their but wasn't like a minute before...lol

I'm sure a lot of talk happened, they edited to shorten it and to have some sort of line of thought. I'm sure what's Guk Joo feels is common to many if not all groups/idols etc that have a sudden increase on popularity, they sudden have full schedules, go to gig to gig all day, every day, sleep <4 hours, rinse and repeat. When it's for groups, group mates can support each other, it may be more bearable that way, when it's solo it can be harder. In the end it depends how the person can handle all the tiredness and that suffocating feel where you don't have time for nothing but work and (little) sleep for weeks and weeks.
I only am aware more about SNSD case, during 2009 and 2010 they must have had hundreds of performances, CF, varieties filming, etc. and they probably went through that phase too.

[MV] DIA(&#46356;&#50500;) _ Paradise (Hope ver.)
___

Does anyone know a good korean christmas movie?

Does Christmas in August count?
it may be depressing though

Top Bottom