• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

AReed

Oh man, now that's awkward. Makes you wonder how close these girls actually are, even after all these years. I guess that's reading a lot into it though...

Just what I was thinking. That gif can be so telling. Or it could be just force of habit since celebs always have to have "manner hands".

I'll go with the latter.

Pendulum

Should have highlighted the part.

I can see one enjoying Jihyun being in that drama but otherwise, what did you even like about it. Certainly not the plot.

Definitely it was primarily the performances. Kim Soo Hyun was great, but my vote for the Daesang would have gone to Jun Jihyun. The plot as a whole, distancing my view from specific episodes where some were more effective than others, was, yes, corny fare with some predictable drawn-out bits
are there any K-dramas that do a good job of handling crime, investigation, and people's reaction to it all?
, but I found genuine funny and emotional parts, especially on a personal level after the last couple of years I have had. It wasn't flawless, but I still enjoyed it immensely, and it is still better than anything on tv I've seen in a while.

New teaser pic;
IyQQg0C.jpg

Loci

Definitely it was primarily the performances. Kim Soo Hyun was great, but my vote for the Daesang would have gone to Jun Jihyun. The script as a whole, distancing my view from specific episodes where some were more effective than others, was, yes, corny fare with some predictable drawn-out bits, but I found genuine funny and emotional parts, especially on a personal level after the last couple of years I have had. It wasn't flawless, but I still enjoyed it immensely, and it is still better than anything on tv I've seen in a while.

I see. Liked the humorous aspects of the series, too. But that plot was just unbearable at some points.
those scenes after the credits always made me smile like an idiot, tho.

It's Okay, That's Love is one of the better dramas in recent years imo.
The dynamic of the two lead actors is great to watch.
There are a couple of episodes which feel drawn.out as well. Kdrama just doesn't happen without them.
Still haven't finished it. Hoping for a great ending.
large.gif

Also, Davichi's track for the OST of the drama is god damn amazing.
Certified by ballad experts Ym1r and myself

dokish

Banned
Is the Ladies Code episode available online already? The news came too late, wish I had seen while it was in TV.

Pendulum

those scenes after the credits always made me smile like an idiot, tho.

Those were well done. Apart from giving some laughs, there were a couple - I don't remember which ones exactly - where I went "Oh wow, but that means..."

----

Is the Ladies Code episode available online already? The news came too late, wish I had seen while it was in TV.

Yeah, Ladies' Code "Idol School" episode - 1 2 3 4

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just what I was thinking. That gif can be so telling. Or it could be just force of habit since celebs always have to have "manner hands".
Maybe Taeny was real but now they both have boytoys and don't know how to be.

This is pretty exciting. The more I hear of Infinite the more I like them. They're probably my second favorite boy group at this point.

Lol the quality, poses, and editing of those pictures is awful. Must have got a new guy to edit those cause.... that does not look good.

Gonna have to agree with this. There's so much wrong with those pictures, starting with the terrible push up sports bras (why is this a thing). The behind the scenes video is so much better though. I recommend people check that out instead. Hopefully the rest of the photos will come out better.

And yet people call Yoona and Sooyoung skinny.

7b32f9e7bb92334d218512adfa5d795178f819f94d10038916f59f333a9578b7.jpg

You would have to be mad delusional to deny that Yoona and Sooyoung are both grossly skinny at this point. Did you even see the bts video, or are you just judging based on the photo shopped monstrosities? Sure, Hani is skinny, but not anywhere near the unhealthy levels of Sooyoung and Yoona.

Dice

Those EXID shots are legit awful tho. Aside from the crappy poses, were they shopped by someone even who looks at humans ever?

Niks

The Jessica Jung train wreck keeps on giving.. apparently her whole brand "blanc" was plagiarized off a Japanese company..

Dice

You mean like all the same designs, or does it just have the same name and people are calling that plagiarism.

Pendulum

You mean like all the same designs, or does it just have the same name and people are calling that plagiarism.

The name, logo, and website (which, shock horror, is black text on white like half the fashion websites out there).

Japanese logo top, Jessica's bottom
aramajapan_141007_blanc03.jpeg

"Your Honor, I call a professional to the stand to measure the kerning and dot significance."

The name chance to "BLANC & ECLARE" was likely done to avoid this comparison, but the logo and website design is so basic and common that it's hard to say if this was done intentionally (but I would think some basic Googling of "Blanc" when starting a business would point out existing business, especially in your field)

Cuddler

I'm really late, but new thread!!!!Good job again No No Eul and thank you again for what you have done. I feel like I don't deserve to be in the credits (but thank you anyway :) )because unfortunately I wasn't able to help much, hopefully next time, if I have time, I will be able to help more.

Anyone watching or will watch Superstar K6? The main show will start this week, there are some good singers.

http://superstark.mnet.interest.me/

임도혁 is obviously in the top11 and so is Hae Na, the girl who was a member of Kiss&Cry. There was a girl which I thought was good and I liked her but unfortunately she forgot the lyrics.

eot

Banned
Literally "My story, are you listening to it?" More naturally "Are you listening to what I'm saying?" And then at the bottom it says "Let's talk".

I know this isn't the Japanese thread, but I haven't seen: verb~て+ますbefore. Is it just a contracted て+います?

neoism

Oh man, now that's awkward. Makes you wonder how close these girls actually are, even after all these years. I guess that's reading a lot into it though...
She just doesn't want to catch on fiyyraaaa :p
Tae to hot :p

luso

Too bad only nugus use that app. I would try otherwise.

Finished roommate, was enjoyable enough. Those caps shows a little of how is Young Ji.

llehuty

I wonder were the k-pop industry would be if this so called "nugus" weren't filling music shows and festivals on a weekly basis. Also, remember that your faves were nugus at some point.

luso

Nugu defense force!

I'm not even talking about SNSD, I mean, for example, AOA > Bestie, and I'm talking about groups on AOA level or superior, if you want it clear.

jokkir

Boys Over Flowers: Japanese or Korean version? The Korean version is on Netflic now but I keep being told that the Japanese version is better.

ramyeon

I know this isn't the Japanese thread, but I haven't seen: verb~て+ますbefore. Is it just a contracted て+います?
Yeah it is, I learnt Kansaiben so I'm used to seeing it as it's pretty common to contract it in that dialect.
Boys Over Flowers: Japanese or Korean version? The Korean version is on Netflic now but I keep being told that the Japanese version is better.
Japanese for sure. Much better cast.

Fafnir

Chemistry is way better on Roommate S2. They have a real umma figure with Bae Jong Ok. Joon Hyung and Guk Joo are great at breaking awkwardness. Young Ji has the rookie idgaf attitude that hasn't yet been wrecked by netizens. Jackson and Kang Joon are good roomies, it's nice to see Kang Joon not being stifled all the time by Min Woo.

Chemistry is way better on Roommate S2. They have a real umma figure with Bae Jong Ok. Joon Hyung and Guk Joo are great at breaking awkwardness. Young Ji has the rookie idgaf attitude that hasn't yet been wrecked by netizens. Jackson and Kang Joon are good roomies, it's nice to see Kang Joon not being stifled all the time by Min Woo.

This.

Just checked out episode 2, love me some Young Ji already, seen her twice so far and shes already higher on my rankings than most other female idols. Jackson is try hard as hell but seems like he could actually be more fun than annoying hopefully.

Love the new WGM couple too, anyone who gets drunk the first day and says/does the things they do has got my vote.

BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE BAE
10599418_673675166048520_221433875896497067_n.jpg

Ym1r

Been looking forward to this for awhile. He's got some good lyrics this time around, I remember being a bit unimpressed with his first album. Both these songs made me choke up a little, I gotta admit.

yee I'm loving these songs rite now

Top Bottom