• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ramyeon

New Akdong Musician is great news! They said they had a lot more material that they were going to release in the fall so I hope this digital single isn't all that's coming.

PREPARE FOR GLORY

04.jpg

Ym1r

LOL reminds me of Taeng saying "shes pretty for a black girl."

Sojin not anything close to being as bad as taeng's slip though.

Selane

LOL reminds me of Taeng saying "shes pretty for a black girl."

Sojin not anything close to being as bad as taeng's slip though.

Even I'm gonna come out and say that she never actually said that, it was a 'mistranslation'(probably intentional), and I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about her or SNSD.

Ym1r

Even I'm gonna come out and say that she never actually said that, it was a 'mistranslation'(probably intentional), and I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about her or SNSD.

I saw a k-net comment about taeng.

1. [+925, -187] Gives me goose bumps how Taeyeon's trying to act sensitive... from putting down black women to nurses and talking back to a broadcast audio PD..

Did taeng put down some other black girl or what then?

Selane

Well it's good to see that you're so anti-racism suddenly I guess.

L96bEz1.jpg

And Taeyeon is a pretty big asshole but she didn't say that crap about Alicia Keys or whoever it was.

Ym1r

Well it's good to see that you're so anti-racism suddenly I guess.

And Taeyeon is a pretty big asshole but she didn't say that crap about Alicia Keys or whoever it was.

I could give a shit less about what Taeyeon actually said, I'm just curious to who she insulted, especially considering you claiming it was a mistranslation and K-net comments seem like they are contradicting what you said.

It was about Pumashock, some black girl who covered Gee.

Also, yeah it's pretty well known I'm racist in IRC. I'm completely racist towards my own kind too (in fact I hate my own people the most). I know how to act in public though, so sorry if that disappoints you.

Selane

Beats me, she's done plenty of other lame stuff, I just remember that one instance not being what people said. According to some people what was translated as 'she's pretty for a black person' really meant more along the lines of 'our black friend is so pretty'. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and she probably has said plenty of other obnoxious shit over the years. Lord knows I'm not defending her character, I pretty much gave up on her after she intentionally sabotaged that Oh performance that one time because she was in a pissy mood.

ramyeon

Pretty hard to find audio recordings of what she said nowadays. It was a long time ago. I recall people quoting her as saying 흑인치곤 예쁘네요 which does translate to "Considering she's black she's pretty." And yeah it was about Alicia Keys I'm pretty sure. I'm not gonna try and dig up the audio but if anyone else has it on hand or cares enough to find it then I'll give it a listen lol.

Ym1r

Pretty hard to find audio recordings of what she said nowadays. It was a long time ago. I recall people quoting her as saying 흑인치곤 예쁘네요 which does translate to "Considering she's black she's pretty." And yeah it was about Alicia Keys I'm pretty sure. I'm not gonna try and dig up the audio but if anyone else has it on hand or cares enough to find it then I'll give it a listen lol.

Yeah it was alicia keys, some other shit happened during the pumashock gee cover, think taeng wasn't paying attention to it and people brought up the alicia keys incident

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I dunno... as a black person that's kinda a compliment to me lol. One of those "uh..... thanks? yeah! thanks! haha"
Yeah, it's just awkward. Inherently an ethnicity-based generalization so technically racist, but then again there are groups saying that twerking is being "culturally appropriated" by other ethnicities so at least some do think that they, as an ethnicity, own it. I mostly just think Sojin is adorable here, and the way she described the butts of Girls Day... lol. Accurate, I suppose, but tight butts are pretty too. ^_^

Speaking of Girl's Day butts...

ramyeon

http://youtu.be/tBjVbLC7ZFk

Found the radio show recordings on YouTube, the nurse/hospital stuff is first. Alicia Keys comment at the end. She does say 흑인 치고 정말 예쁘죠. Doesn't seem intentionally racist but more poorly worded anyway.

llehuty

Red velvet had their comeback stage. It's the long version of that predebut thing they released.
And it's boring.

They look great.

#whitepantsu
#seulgiwerkit

Pendulum

Red Velvet "Be Natural" M!Countdown comeback
(updated with better quality)

And it's boring.

I dunno. What about it was? It's a lounge style song so it's already laid back, and I think the performance and new choreography added is probably sitting well on that line between "updating the song for 2014" and "don't mess too much with a song from a classic girl group". The camera work in the original SM Rookies video certainly gave it a bit of shine though.

luso

Already?
I missed it, waiting for the video.

Just posting again TTS in these event because the photos are great, what kind of gear is used is beyond my knowledge and money.
Also, 4th and last week already for TTS... SM promotions surely are short nowadays.

Bonus Yoona

luso

They were good, but it's true the song is not very exciting.

Apparently Yuri got a job, going to a photoshoot and appeared filming on someone else's MV.

Pendulum

^^^
The camera work (and resulting stage choreography) proves how important it can be to a performance. The MV and the predebut SM Rookies vid give off a "personal" vibe which draws you in more. Hence the rise of "eye contact" dance practice videos, I would assume (and half of SM's MVs these days where the performer "moves" the camera with their hand)

Ym1r

just watched all this new RV stuff.

Damn they all look really good, but seulgi sells the entire concept. Gurl is so sexyyyyyy

My heart still lies with Irene.

No No Eul

New RV is so damn good. That MV's superb and the music is as great as it ever was. It's a pretty low key song, admittedly, but I love it all the same.

#highexpectationssurpassed

It's great to see Sojin's still around. Given what she said during Kara Project, I figured there was a good chance she'd give up on the idol dream entirely if she didn't make it into Kara.

broz0rs

I'm feeling somewhat annoyed with SM giving RV that song as a comeback because they already had it for their pre-debut. Any sense of anticipation went away when it became clear that the performance was going to be their pre-debut.

The other thing that was more annoying was that the song wasn't even a remake. It's the exact duplicate of the SES classic. No new instrumentation or arrangement was done on the song. Asides from pant suits, SM releasing this song was pointless.

Loci

The other thing that was more annoying was that the song wasn't even a remake. It's the exact duplicate of the SES classic. No new instrumentation or arrangement was done on the song. Asides from pant suits, SM releasing this song was pointless.

I feel the same.
Without nostalgia goggles it's kindaboring. 10 year old song just feels outdated.

The MV is p.awesome, tho.

Eldren

Be Natural is so good. I like the song itself but the choreography and the styling are what really make it great. It's what Mr Mr wishes it could have been. Shame about the line distribution though, was it really necessary for Wendy to sing like 80% of the song?

I pretty much gave up on her after she intentionally sabotaged that Oh performance that one time because she was in a pissy mood.

Wait what. When was this?

^^^
The camera work (and resulting stage choreography) proves how important it can be to a performance. The MV and the predebut SM Rookies vid give off a "personal" vibe which draws you in more. Hence the rise of "eye contact" dance practice videos, I would assume (and half of SM's MVs these days where the performer "moves" the camera with their hand)

AOA's undeniable impact

roaSone

I remember saying that my biases in RV would change... Seulgi is definitely making this happen. Girl is real.

#Slaygi

You should not change others quote like this oc. Even more when it's to write such blasphemy.

Top Bottom