• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Wendy: Seulgi look, Gaf thinks you're pretty.

B6OhsGwCEAAiidv.jpg:large

Hotmin.

Sica's fansite "Heavenly Forest" close recently, she even thank them in a comment on her weibo : /. Gotta find a compilation to download ASAP.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just had the most horrific of ideas...Jungah is so old for a pop-star now...She'll leave After School too. Noooooooooooooo.

this is what SNSD is going to be by this time next year

Ahahahaha. Goddamn that's harsh man...
and so true lolol.

Gal has no more soul or energy to perform as Soshi and hopefully that changes when she gets a solo, otherwise y'all are gonna see why I started hating on Taeyeon last year.

First release of 2015 I've seen and it's already awesome, except for this Jooheon dude.

Hyorin X San-E - Coach Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeT9HB16rQQ

Also I love how the YT comments are annoyed about the double meaning of the lyrics... who gives a shit the song is about sex? Oh boohoo Hyorin is singing about sex, the world is ending!

Smh lol.

No No Eul

First K-Pop teasers of 2015

Those colours.

OMG-review-8.gif

If they'd just worn the same random clothes they did in the original practice videos, it would have been infinitely better than that. Then again, I may be about to invalidate my opinions on fashion by admitting that...

Peru score?

...I rather like those shoes. I might even give them

image.php

It's just that they don't match with the rest of her outfit.

broz0rs

First release of 2015 I've seen and it's already awesome, except for this Jooheon dude.

Hyorin X San-E - Coach Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeT9HB16rQQ

Also I love how the YT comments are annoyed about the double meaning of the lyrics... who gives a shit the song is about sex? Oh boohoo Hyorin is singing about sex, the world is ending!

Smh lol.

hmm.. I dig the concept but the rap parts don't seem polished at all to me.

still smh at how long JYPE kept San-E in their basement. now he's the top hitmaker for his label.

luso

Apparently this confirms Taeyeon solo debut next month. I hope it's not a ballad, i'll take anything except a ballad. Same as Jonghyun.

I would be very satisfied if it is at least a mid-tempo song. But I don't know...

1st semester probably yes. There will be a comeback eventually.

http://instagram.com/p/xWDPd0M3Am/

Time to check latests releases.

Peru

EXID's fall and rise and many other examples reveal how poor k-pop live shows are at promoting a song from scratch, so to speak. The ratings are low, the viewers are niche fans, etc.

luso

EXID's fall and rise and many other examples reveal how poor k-pop live shows are at promoting a song from scratch, so to speak. The ratings are low, the viewers are niche fans, etc.

It seems on early days (before widespread of cable) the music shows were a big deal. Basically because there wasn't much more to see, there were fewer channels and people tuned for them. With cable channels and other entertainment sources their importance have diminished. I don't know nor I can't pinpoint when that exactly happened though. Also other cable shows give awards, nowadays there are some 6 in total. I think I saw some time ago the ratings now are single digits and maybe around 5%-8% at most. It's a niche audience and the non-idols barely appears on them regularly.

Eldren

Take that "leaked" SM schedule with a hefty pinch of salt because it doesn't have Amber's solo on it which we already know is confirmed. I do hope we get a proper Red Velvet comeback though, that'd be nice.

First half of the year for sure, there will be a full group comeback sometime next year.

Gal has no more soul or energy to perform as Soshi and hopefully that changes when she gets a solo, otherwise y'all are gonna see why I started hating on Taeyeon last year.

Yeah... cause she performed worse than Jessica and Tiffany... Jongkookie pls.

Best Apinkeu, Bomi is joining Real Men Female Soldiers Special 2.

I hope it gets confirmed, should be awesome xD

llehuty

Lmao at new Hello Venus being as bad as their previous song. Are they going to realize Brave Bros is giving them his worst material?. I also don't know why are they sticking (pun intended) to this concept; Sticky Sticky had their worst chart perfomance by far.

I don't think anyone expects getting a big hit just by music show performances. It's probably more effective having ridiculous short appeareances in shows like Hello Counselor since they are targeted at people that are not that into k-pop.

I also question the ability of any korean not into kpop music to sit through 4 hours of gayo performances.

Cuddler

You forgot the best one! ;)
[HIT] 뮤직뱅크-2BIC - 우리 다시 사랑한다면(If We Love Again).20150102
I don't think anyone expects getting a big hit just by music show performances. It's probably more effective having ridiculous short appeareances in shows like Hello Counselor since they are targeted at people that are not that into k-pop.
Also talent show like SuperStarK and K-Pop Star can give songs a lot of attention, a lot more than basically everything else, see Postman with "I Can't Go to Shinchon" and in a way even "Love Game" by 2BiC.

2015 will be the year of Red Velvet. Irene, Seulgi, Wendy and Joy will make sure of it.

Pretty good by Sonamoo. Not the greatest performance but they're pulling it off. That Raina lookalike main vocalist in particular seems pretty great. Euijin as well. Nahyun and Minjae parts were probably the worst. They just need to sing a little louder, so they're not drowned out by the backing track. I like the choreo for the most part. D.ana needs to work on her splits, Nahyun and Euijin put her to shame there.

Hello Venus on the other hand are dead to me. Bless you Pledis for having the foresight to pull Ara out of the sinking ship before it was too late. All sins are forgiven.
Only past sins, future sins such as delaying an AS comeback with Ara for much longer will not be forgiven.

Peru score?

The shoes aren't that bad on their own (kinda bad, 1 Peru probably), but mismatched with the rest of her outfit and mismatched for the event. 3/5 Perus!

image.php
image.php
image.php

I like long hair Hyeri best, tho she pulls both styles off well.

Out of the two styles in your comment, her short hair looks best. Hyeris best hair was her long hair in Don't Forget Me.

2.png

llehuty

Hello Venus on the other hand are dead to me. Bless you Pledis for having the foresight to pull Ara out of the sinking ship before it was too late. All sins are forgiven.
Only past sins, future sins such as delaying an AS comeback with Ara for much longer will not be forgiven.

I don't want to be that guy but... Yoo Ara is no longer under Pledis and leaving her music career behind.

Ara is currently developing her acting career, having signed an exclusive contract with Urban Works Entertainment, as announced on December 1, 2014.

Edit: KARASIA broadcast version already being uploaded to dailymotion \o/

luso

I'm sure is not new but I was watching the Infinite Challenge 90s special and there was a segment showing Shoo practising at home when she started dancing to a song that for a couple of seconds I thought it was Apinks, but it was SES's Just In Love. No wonder some netizens calls them SES copies, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgy321ISMco

Lawwwd that Eunji set...

hmm.. I dig the concept but the rap parts don't seem polished at all to me.

still smh at how long JYPE kept San-E in their basement. now he's the top hitmaker for his label.

I don't think it's the worst rap of 2015 but yeah, it feels definitely unfinished yet awesome. Maybe I'm just amazed by the double entendre but I do think the beat is good and there's something to be had here once they fully finish it or whatever.

But yeah, I'm glad San-E's part of Brand New Music instead of JYP. Body Language is pretty much my 2014 song of the year, everything about it was just great.

Yeah... cause she performed worse than Jessica and Tiffany... Wendel pls.

Besides the fact that you quoted me and not Wendel... y'all Taeng stans can't deny it. Ever since the end of IGAB promotions Taeng has practically fallen off the map. Everyone else has tried to make a name for themselves outside of Soshi, but her? She's sitting all alone in their dorm painting her nails while everyone's working their asses off.

It's obvious that she's tired of Soshi and being a celebrity...

I'm sure is not new but I was watching the Infinite Challenge 90s special and there was a segment showing Shoo practising at home when she started dancing to a song that for a couple of seconds I thought it was Apinks, but it was SES's Just In Love. No wonder some netizens calls them SES copies, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgy321ISMco

Yeah, this has been in the air since the release of NoNoNo and I can definitely hear the similarities but my argument for this is that the new generation doesn't know SES nor will they ever really care to go back and listen to SES catalog. Blatant plagiarism is still an issue of course, but when dealing with pop music... well, there's really no way to avoid plagiarism.

Besides the fact that you quoted me and not Wendel... y'all Taeng stans can't deny it. Ever since the end of IGAB promotions Taeng has practically fallen off the map. Everyone else has tried to make a name for themselves outside of Soshi, but her? She's sitting all alone in their dorm painting her nails while everyone's working their asses off.

LMAO

luso

Are you an insider? You surely know more than us.

Idem

Niks

Everyone else but her needs to make a name for themselves outside of soshi (yoona being the other exemption). are you drunk?

Are you an insider? You surely know more than us.

Nope. Just general observation from somebody who's spent half of their life performing on stage.

Shit is soul crushing and exhausting. Try spending half a year practicing for a show and tell me you've never hated every single second of it.

Meh, I would actually love to sit and argue with SONE's but I feel it's useless. The delusion running in the fanbase is strong and I'm just wasting my time arguing with people who can't see the whole picture.

TL;DR: Taeyeon's bored of Soshi. And that's my opinion, disagree with it all you want but like me trying to prove she's bored of everything, it's just gonna fall on deaf ears so I'm not even gonna waste my time.

luso

I'm saying neither of us can't prove anything without being biased, in the absence of any kind of real proofs. If you see on her actions or her expressions that she's tired, what can I do? It's you opinion, it doesn't matter if it is about Taeyeon or anyone else, being sone or not. Even if I wanted to proof she's not tired (and I don't want to, not because I'm believing the opposite, but because it's impossible) neither of us can't say anything besides opinion, only her and her peers. Every idol gets tired eventually, the solution is to endure or just get out.

My opinion? I believe she's just not sure what her future will be, being tired or not from idol life, so for now she's will stick as SNSD and eventually solo under SM and during these 3 years after renewal. What's next, no ones knows. She may leave business for good or stays as solo.

Top Bottom