• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

No No Eul

B60jkqQCIAA-gAM.jpg

So happy right now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

B61gjtfCMAIKctd.jpg:orig

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HYPE.

Also, short-haired Muses are best Muses.
Saem & Eunji. Never forget.

Dang Atlanta isnt that far but man... fuck that town. everything about it is terrible.

Also lol at the newest roommate when Young Ji takes Jackson's blanket, the first thing he does is cover the morning wood. Barely awake but still had those man reflexes haha.

Pendulum

Bobby Kim got drunk and rowdy on a plane, no word yet on how his peanuts were handed to him.
Bobby Kim is making headlines this morning as it has been reported that he is currently facing police questioning for his drunk behavior on his flight to San Francisco, California.

According to YTN on the 9th, Bobby Kim departed Incheon International Airport on the 7th at 4:40 PM KST on the Korean Air flight (KE023) to San Francisco, California. According to the report, Bobby Kim had issues with his seating prior to the flight as he was supposed to be upgraded from the economy to business seat, but it didn't go according to plan. Within 4-5 hours into the plane ride, Bobby Kim got drunk and started raising his voice and caused a commotion. He is also said to have sexually harassed a stewardess by touching her at her waist and such.The other passengers who were sitting in the vicinity of the singer had to be reportedly moved to different seats due to his rowdy drunk behavior.

Bobby Kim was reported for causing this disturbance on the plane and local police were waiting for him when the flight arrived at is destination. The police questioned him as well as two flight attendants and two passengers who sat beside him on the plane. He is said to be due for a second questioning by the police.

His agency rep told media outlets on the 9th, "Bobby Kim has been released after going under questioning by the police for the in-flight disturbance. We are aware that he plans to diligently participate in the follow up investigation."

*looks at West to East Coast tickets*

Lol so you either buy cheap tickets while also increasing your chances of getting shot or you buy expensive ass tickets and a body camera just in case the law messes with you. None of these seem to be good choices imo...

On the other hand, is Primary back from his reflection on plagiarism? Seems weird to be on this trip since it's been more than a year since that scandal.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Bobby Kim is a famous R&B singer.

"Bobby" (who happens to also be a Kim) is the YG twat who thinks hiphop is not showering before you high five your bros.

Dice

I wonder what the other half of their promotions this year will be.

mr_chun

Don't be too wary of the Atlanta show if you don't want to be in the city -- it's not actually in Atlanta.

Duluth is a good 20 minutes outside of the perimeter, and it's all suburbs. Wild Bills is at Gwinnett Place Mall, which I'll admit is one of the sketchier malls in the area but nothing I'd personally be worried about. You won't get stabbed or shot lol.

Duluth and the surrounding cities (Suwanee, Johns Creek) have the largest Korean populations in the Southeast. Good location for a show like this, should be packed.

Source: Used to live in Duluth.

Edit: Also, there's a killer KBBQ place called Iron Age just a couple shopping centers down from Wild Bill's. Probably less than a quarter mile.

broz0rs

Never heard of this legendary trainee, but fucking loving the sound of that song. Hope it's indicative of what the song will sound like.

I'll give a short history about G-Soul and his status with JYP because I actually got a bit emotional when I saw the hype trailer.

This article gives a background of the time when JYP wanted to make grounds in the US.

Basically, JYP's plan was to debut Min (Miss A) as a singer and G-Soul as a rapper/singer in the US way back in 2007. IIRC Min was a trainee since 2003 and G-Soul was trainee since 2001. Those plans never materialized mainly because JYP's partnership in America with Lil Jon came to an abrupt halt. He halted his plans and decided to focus on the Wonder Girls in Korea instead. 2-3 years later he came back to America with the Wonder Girls and we know how that went.

As time would unfold, Min got tired of being a trainee and became a runaway. JYP promised her family she would debut soon. She became the last member of Miss A.

G-Soul just stayed his ass in New York and kept his trainee status since 2001. During this whole time time, he's been putting out his own tracks and covers. He's finally debuting after 14 years.

TL;DR -- JYP time is like Valve time

So 1 major release now and the next one will be leaked then eventually scrapped for another one and finally a mini album before falling off the place of the planet?

That doesn't seem like a good way to be a musician IMO.

broz0rs

so my IIRC was pretty darn accurate

JYP said:
15 years of passion

In 2001, I met a boy so shy he could barely even look into peoples' eyes. He was only in 6th grade but when he opened his mouth and sang, I was shocked because I've never met an Asian voice filled with so much soul.

Because of his poor financial background, this boy saved up his own bus money by walking to school for two months just to buy a Boys II Men tape. He listened to it till the tape wore out. He absorbed and learned everything he could from that tape.

Amazed by his talent, I brought him with me to America to learn true R&B/Soul music. Only minimum level of financial support was provided by the company since he was just a trainee, but he hustled and worked hard to develop his talent. And slowly his talent started to stun many U.S. musicians and executives and finally we agreed to a recording deal with a great producer. We were all extremely excited.

But unfortunately little after, U.S. economy crisis caused by Lehman Brothers took over the music business by storm and all the risky projects were dropped. Breaking an Asian R&B artist in the U.S. was of course on the top of the list. Most of our JYP U.S. projects got dropped and we had no choice but to leave the U.S. behind.

However, this boy insisted to stay in New York alone to learn and further develop his craft. I tried to convince him to come back with me to Asia where I knew he would succeed but he did not listen. So he stayed for 5 more years and made his way through the New York underground music scene developing and mastering his music.

And after 9 years of his U.S. life, the boy returned to Korea with 20 songs written and produced by him. I could not believe my ears. The little shy boy who I met 15 years ago was standing in front of me as an amazing artist.
His unfortunate childhood, the loneliness… nothing stopped his passion for music.

Now I introduce this kid to you. This is G. Soul

Pendulum

On the other hand, is Primary back from his reflection on plagiarism? Seems weird to be on this trip since it's been more than a year since that scandal.
He's still "reflecting" in Korea, at least publicly, having made a deal in early 2014 to pass the royalties for those songs onto Caro & co. Amoeba has got his back though - it'd be weirder if he wasn't on this company international concert, imho. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done some uncredited producing work recently.

Away on a trip so YouTube is loading slow as, but I'm looking forward to watching their 1st stage win and acceptance.

Edit: watched it. Lol @ Hani's 180 degree reaction from the 1st win.

He's still "reflecting" in Korea, at least publicly, having made a deal in early 2014 to pass the royalties for those songs onto Caro & co. Amoeba has got his back though - it'd be weirder if he wasn't on this company international concert, imho. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done some uncredited producing work recently.

Lol I just find it weird for him to be prominently on the poster. And yeah, I'm sure he's had tons of uncredited work, Gaeko's album for example, I'm sure he produced almost all of it.

Did SBS screw over Roomate? Ever since the move to Tuesday, the ratings have dropped...

It was unintentional due to K-Pop Star but yeah that's the effect pretty much. I highly doubt they'll be cancelling it anytime soon due to ratings though. Running Man's been on for way too long and they haven't axed it, and besides once K-Pop Star is over I'm sure they'll be moving Roommate back to the Sunday timeslot.

Don't be too wary of the Atlanta show if you don't want to be in the city -- it's not actually in Atlanta.

Duluth is a good 20 minutes outside of the perimeter, and it's all suburbs. Wild Bills is at Gwinnett Place Mall, which I'll admit is one of the sketchier malls in the area but nothing I'd personally be worried about. You won't get stabbed or shot lol.

Duluth and the surrounding cities (Suwanee, Johns Creek) have the largest Korean populations in the Southeast. Good location for a show like this, should be packed.

Source: Used to live in Duluth.

Edit: Also, there's a killer KBBQ place called Iron Age just a couple shopping centers down from Wild Bill's. Probably less than a quarter mile.

yeah I'm in Savannah so, just a bit bias haha. We'll see though, really wanna go.

llehuty

Days from debut to #1 ranking in a music show:
B67KWzaCMAAZ8Ru.jpg:orig

As a reference:
Rainbow is at 1884 days without a win.
9muses at 1611
Dal Shabet at 1467
Stellar at 1230

I wonder what the other half of their promotions this year will be.
Even though I know that was hyperbole
kind of
, there is a Miss A comeback scheduled for April. The only thing I ask JYP at this point is annual Sunmi comebacks.

It was unintentional due to K-Pop Star but yeah that's the effect pretty much. I highly doubt they'll be cancelling it anytime soon due to ratings though. Running Man's been on for way too long and they haven't axed it, and besides once K-Pop Star is over I'm sure they'll be moving Roommate back to the Sunday timeslot.

It wasn't getting good ratings in that time slot anyway.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Pledis said:
After School will be going through a rebirth in the second half of the year

Well well...Doesn't this sound like "Anyone not named Nana, Lizzy or Raina is getting shown the door."? T_T

Man... I finally watched the Chrsistmas episode of Roommate and when JYP's gift arrived... I used up all my tissues for all the wrong reasons.

Props to JYP as well for doing that. Dude might not know how to manage his talent but he seems to be a pretty awesome dude.

It wasn't getting good ratings in that time slot anyway.

I believe it actually got decent ratings for an SBS show but not good enough to beat the competition.

Dice

dear god this n.ca stage is awful. poor girl.

jonghyun not even approaching taemin's realm. what's with him singing exactly like hyunseung for parts of this song?

catmincer

Well well...Doesn't this sound like "Anyone not named Nana, Lizzy or Raina is getting shown the door."? T_T

I think OC will graduate and become its own group because let's face it, they do way better than AS nowadays.

I also wouldn't be surpised if Uee and Jungah graduate too.

Then again, this is Pledis so who knows?

No No Eul

Rainbow is at 1884 days without a win.

T___T

I think OC will graduate and become its own group because let's face it, they do way better than AS nowadays.

I also wouldn't be surpised if Uee and Jungah graduate too.

Yeah, I can totally see that happening. Leave the two youngest members as the core of a new AS generation (although I kinda feel E-Young ought to go off and start a band of her own or something).

vanty

So I just decided to check out the original version of Little Apple by the Chinese guys and it sucks ass. Like half the speed of the T-ara one and one tenth the quality. How could that crap be such a supposedly successful song? From what I've unfortunately seen Chinese pop is generally hot garbage but still I expected much better.

And Sojin too good

B6_EUx9CcAAWbWS.jpg

Niks

Sunny posting some sensible thoughts about moving on... "fans" still grill her for it.

alH3giH.jpg

Sunstagram: "Eight of hearts, eight of arrows. Diamonds are forever... SNSD is also forever."

[TRANS] @svnnynight: I can’t forget it. No I won’t forget it. That’s why it hurt. But I can’t just keep hurting. I can’t just cowardly run away or don’t accept it because it’s hard or scary.. I will be stronger. I will protect you all. I’m going to continue this and protect this. Because it’s important. So let’s not destroy our beautiful memories and continue making more beautiful memories. Together.

Top Bottom