• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

isuzu

she sounds like a teenager with the moving on talk while posting about it on instagram. you sure moved on, sis!

4RJQL15.gif

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.no/2015/01/instiz-2015-agency-plans-in-nut-shell.html

Lots of girl group debuts, with Cube, DSP, JellyFish, JYP, MBK (CCM), WM, YG all supposed to debut a girl group. Plus I expect the "rebirth" of AS will be something akin to a new group debut. 2014 was a great year for debuts, seems like 2015 will continue the trend.

Glad to see that Woollim are focusing hard on Lovelyz and basing all other activities around them. I also fucking hope this Ji Soo situation clears up and she can start promoting with them (assuming she's innocent, which I am at this point).

SM's section is the most lacking. Aside from Ambers solo, no mention of any girl group activities. I assume this is for the most part because SM are good at hiding their cards. All three groups better have another comeback or two this year. Gotta admit, the thought of an Amber solo doesn't do much for me.

Days from debut to #1 ranking in a music show:
B67KWzaCMAAZ8Ru.jpg:orig

As a reference:
Rainbow is at 1884 days without a win.
9muses at 1611
Dal Shabet at 1467
Stellar at 1230

The most shocking thing I learned from this is that Nu Abo didn't win a single award. Silly fucking Koreans.

Where's SNSD? What group is that with 115 days? Also, how many days has been since AS won.

Well well...Doesn't this sound like "Anyone not named Nana, Lizzy or Raina is getting shown the door."? T_T
I think OC will graduate and become its own group because let's face it, they do way better than AS nowadays.

I also wouldn't be surpised if Uee and Jungah graduate too.

Then again, this is Pledis so who knows?

Yeah I think catmincer is right. Raina, Nana and Lizzy will graduate from AS to focus fully on OC and solo activities. Right now I'm just concerned about Kaeun. Pledis better do right by her.

So I just decided to check out the original version of Little Apple by the Chinese guys and it sucks ass. Like half the speed of the T-ara one and one tenth the quality. How could that crap be such a supposedly successful song? From what I've unfortunately seen Chinese pop is generally hot garbage but still I expected much better.

The original Little Apple is far superior to the garbage T-ara put out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Don't usually listen to k-pop, but I've been getting into stuff like clazziquai and primary and would like some recommendations of similar artists.

llehuty

Don't usually listen to k-pop, but I've been getting into stuff like clazziquai and primary and would like some recommendations of similar artists.

*turns on the k-R&B and k-indie GAF signals*

Until the experts on this field show up and with my limited knowledge, I recommend for the Primary side of things to check the artists that have collaborated in his songs:

Zion.T(자이언티)_Two melodies(뻔한 멜로디)(Feat. Crush)
개코(Gaeko)_화장 지웠어 (feat. Zion.T, HA:TFELT) (No make up)
Dynamic Duo(다이나믹듀오) _ BAAAM (feat. Muzie of UV) (뱀 feat. 뮤지 of UV)
로꼬 LOCO - 감아 Hold Me Tight
산이 (San E) - 이별식탁 (Break up dinner) feat. Sanchez of Phantom
스윙스(Swings) - 이겨낼거야 2 (Victorious 2) Feat. GRAY

Some of them could even be stealth Primary productions since he has been in the shadows for the last 2 years or so.

Also, check Clazzi's solo stuff if you haven't before.

Thx for this kookie, San-E is now on my radar. Song and M/V are awesome.

Yeah, San-E is really good. He's another one of JYP's artists that got stuck in the JYP dungeon and barely made an appearance. It wasn't until he left JYP and joined BrandNew Music and at that point he just hit a new high(pun intended since Bumkey is part of BNM lol) and basically flourished and found his groove.

To be fair Clazziquai and Primary are on different sides of the fence, Clazzi is more of a electro pop artist whereas Primary is more of a K-hiphop dude. So with that said, here's all my recommendations from the K-hiphop side:

Primary and the Messengers LP : 20 something tracks of everything Primary produced up until 2012. The song I linked to is called Expression of Stance, featuring two of the best rappers in the biz, Gaeko and Simon.D... more on them later.
Infinite H - Fly High mini album: Song is called Special Girl and I believe the entire album was produced by Primary for the duo.
Supreme Team - Darling and Take You There: Supreme Team is officially gone now, but check out the album Supremier anyway. I want to say it's another Primary produced album but I'm not sure... but what it is though is fantastic. Give it a listen, you're not gonna get disappointed.
Jay Park - So Good: Check out the album "Evolution" as well, it's barely in the style of Primary but it's really good.
Gray x Jay Park - Dangerous: More of a K-hiphop and K-R&B track but it's really good, check out the EP "Call Me Gray" for more.
Jay Park x Simon.D x Gray - Metronome: One of the best k-hiphop tracks to ever hit last year.
Toy - U&I feat Crush/Beenzino and Life is Beautiful feat Dynamic Duo/Zion.T/Crush - Toy is not anywhere close to K-hiphop at all except for these two tracks. That said, the album is fantastic though. It needs a listen at least once.
Crush - Hug Me & Sofa: Check out his album called "Crush On You" for more. Sofa is probably my fave track from him though, it's just lush production wise... I actually think Primary produced this but was uncredited due to certain reasons lol.

Finally, if you can only listen to one song on this list then listen to this: San E x Bumkey - Body Language. This song is my song of the year for 2014, and that's including everything I've been listening to all year. The video is fantastic as you can see but the song is seriously killer. Risque lyrics, double entendres and straight up vulgarity, combined with one of the best backing tracks I've heard all year... it was an instant classic for me the moment I heard it. Check out the acoustic version as well for a more pared and slowed down version of the song.

Also yeah, llehuty's list is a fantastic start so don't forget to listen to those as well.

Anyway, enjoy the K-hiphop! And feel free to ask for more recommendations and what not, I'm sure I missed a couple on my list.

Risque lyrics, double entendres and straight up vulgarity, combined with one of the best backing tracks I've heard all year... it was an instant classic for me the moment I heard it.
I never thought about it before, but when he said "chocolate cream pie" does he mean what I think he means or is it a reference to something I don't know about?

Antiwhippy

Do check out J-Rabbit and LeeSA on the friendznet YouTube channel.

Yeah, San-E is really good. He's another one of JYP's artists that got stuck in the JYP dungeon and barely made an appearance. It wasn't until he left JYP and joined BrandNew Music and at that point he just hit a new high(pun intended since Bumkey is part of BNM lol) and basically flourished and found his groove.

To be fair Clazziquai and Primary are on different sides of the fence, Clazzi is more of a electro pop artist whereas Primary is more of a K-hiphop dude. So with that said, here's all my recommendations from the K-hiphop side:

Primary and the Messengers LP : 20 something tracks of everything Primary produced up until 2012. The song I linked to is called Expression of Stance, featuring two of the best rappers in the biz, Gaeko and Simon.D... more on them later.
Infinite H - Fly High mini album: Song is called Special Girl and I believe the entire album was produced by Primary for the duo.
Supreme Team - Darling and Take You There: Supreme Team is officially gone now, but check out the album Supremier anyway. I want to say it's another Primary produced album but I'm not sure... but what it is though is fantastic. Give it a listen, you're not gonna get disappointed.
Jay Park - So Good: Check out the album "Evolution" as well, it's barely in the style of Primary but it's really good.
Gray x Jay Park - Dangerous: More of a K-hiphop and K-R&B track but it's really good, check out the EP "Call Me Gray" for more.
Jay Park x Simon.D x Gray - Metronome: One of the best k-hiphop tracks to ever hit last year.
Toy - U&I feat Crush/Beenzino and Life is Beautiful feat Dynamic Duo/Zion.T/Crush - Toy is not anywhere close to K-hiphop at all except for these two tracks. That said, the album is fantastic though. It needs a listen at least once.
Crush - Hug Me & Sofa: Check out his album called "Crush On You" for more. Sofa is probably my fave track from him though, it's just lush production wise... I actually think Primary produced this but was uncredited due to certain reasons lol.

Finally, if you can only listen to one song on this list then listen to this: San E x Bumkey - Body Language. This song is my song of the year for 2014, and that's including everything I've been listening to all year. The video is fantastic as you can see but the song is seriously killer. Risque lyrics, double entendres and straight up vulgarity, combined with one of the best backing tracks I've heard all year... it was an instant classic for me the moment I heard it. Check out the acoustic version as well for a more pared and slowed down version of the song.

Also yeah, llehuty's list is a fantastic start so don't forget to listen to those as well.

Anyway, enjoy the K-hiphop! And feel free to ask for more recommendations and what not, I'm sure I missed a couple on my list.

Thanks for all the recs. So clazzi would not be considered as k-pop then?

I guess as far as more k-pop style goes (I've been exploring it a bit lately) I liked super junior and aileen.

llehuty

I think it all depends on what you consider k-pop or what it includes. I'm on the fence about it. Primary is closer to k-pop, but I would consider it more like k-hiphop as jongkookie says. Clazziquai does pop music, but is considered a k-indie group since they are outside of the mainstream trends, styles and standard ways of k-pop. It's a very arbitrary distinction and it all depends on what you understand by pop music.

If you are interested in checking standard k-pop, check the OP. There is a list with the essentials. there is also more juicy stuff like last releases and our favourites of the first half of the year.

Antiwhippy

I think it all depends on what you consider k-pop or what it includes. I'm on the fence about it. Primary is closer to k-pop, but I would consider it more like k-hiphop as jongkookie says. Clazziquai does pop music, but is considered a k-indie group since they are outside of the mainstream trends, styles and standard ways of k-pop. It's a very arbitrary distinction and it all depends on what you understand by pop music.

If you are interested in checking standard k-pop, check the OP. There is a list with the essentials. there is also more juicy stuff like last releases and our favourites of the first half of the year.

Alright, I do feel that clazziquai plays around a lot more with their R&B and electronica sound which is why I like them a lot, just not sure if the fall into the definition because pop in general is more defined by mainstream appeal.

Cuddler

I guess as far as more k-pop style goes (I've been exploring it a bit lately) I liked super junior and aileen.
Listen to 2BiC, they are awesome and they also have collaborated with Ailee:
[MV] 2Bic(투빅)_Bye Bye Love
2BiC(투빅) _ LOVE AGAIN (feat.Ailee) MV
[MV] 2BiC(투빅) _ Love Game(요즘 바쁜가봐)
2BiC (투빅) 니 눈 니 코 니 입술 (Your Eyes, Nose And Lips) (Feat 79)
[MV] 2BiC(투빅) _ Return(feat. Hareem, Hotoo) (회복이 급해)(feat.하림, 호투)

llehuty

3 years ago, News was released

Their best song.

110623_original.gif

That also means, 3 years since Kyungri's debut.

Not anymore I'm afraid. The OP had a bit of an overhaul after Christmas (since I was running short on space) and that was the first thing to be cut. Overall though, I think the new version is an improvement.

Ah, I had a look, and it's much better now. Recent releases could be useful to some, but in the end is too much effort and probably not worth it.

Also, you have included Pritz <3
No No Eul da best.

Edit: Mnet to Launch Korea’s First-Ever Female Rapper Survival Show
cable network Mnet revealed that “Unpretty Rapstar” will be a spin-off of their sensational rap competition program “Show Me the Money.”

Mnet also released the profiles of four members of the eight rapper line-up, featuring Lucky J’s Jessi, AOA’s Jimin, Tymee, and Cheetah.

Mnet-Unpretty-Rapstar.jpg

Hoping LE and Erin are in.

Top Bottom