• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

The other thing that was more annoying was that the song wasn't even a remake. It's the exact duplicate of the SES classic. No new instrumentation or arrangement was done on the song. Asides from pant suits, SM releasing this song was pointless.

It makes sense from SM's point of view. Keep Red Velvet in the public eye and get some sales from a song that doesn't require the work usually put into a full comeback. It's building a foundation for the group without waiting months and months for new stuff, similar to how SNSD released a cover ("Girls' Generation") leading up to their first album (though, granted, that song was re-arranged). BESTie has done something similar this year with some digital singles in between full comebacks - these were new songs, but of a lesser tier and were "thank you" songs (e.g. "Like A Star", and "I Need You").

-----

Seungyeon posted this dance practice - special performance at KARASIA in a few weeks?

Then she posted this.
AtAVajK.jpg

joetachi

Pretty hard to find audio recordings of what she said nowadays. It was a long time ago. I recall people quoting her as saying 흑인치곤 예쁘네요 which does translate to "Considering she's black she's pretty." And yeah it was about Alicia Keys I'm pretty sure. I'm not gonna try and dig up the audio but if anyone else has it on hand or cares enough to find it then I'll give it a listen lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QAAMVwUgI here you have it since you wanted to give a listen

luso

AKMU have good qualities, the songs can tire a little after a while. Better only to listen from time to time. I prefer Younha.

Apparently in the drama the story he was boyfriend of the older sister and now is after the younger.

tumblr_nd6vogccoq1rb4qwuo1_500.gif
tumblr_nd6vogccoq1rb4qwuo2_500.gif

RubyFaith

YUCK! WORSE DRAMA COUPLE EVER! THIS COMING FROM BOTH A HUGE FAN OF KRYSTAL AND RAIN. THE FUCK. HOW YOU EVEN GOT THE BALLS TO KISS THE YOUNGER SISTER OF THE DEAD WOMAN YOU SUPPOSEDLY LOVE. STUPID ASS MAKJANG PLOT.

Loving Be Natural. The song itself is probably the weakest part of the comeback, but I like it as well. The choreo and concept is amazing. The girls look great. Irene is still king. All the others look amazing too, especially Seulgi. Shaking my fucking head at all the butthurt kids whining about the concept being different from Happiness', or being too mature. A giant fuck you to all of them. Embrace #thenewera.

Whoever choreographed Be Natural deserves a raise.

More like an award. Puts One More Day's choreo to shame (though OMD is the better song).

I*Some hot nana pics!*
*Clicks open in a new tab*

Pic on the left | Pic on the right
Seungyeon posted this dance practice - special performance at KARASIA in a few weeks?

Then she posted this.

lol what the hell.

Loci

Yo, apparently Boa's Implode was also written by Kim Jong-wan. (The guy who wrote Younha's comeback single)
This guy, just wow.

Would be great to see another collaboration with Epik High for their upcoming comeback. He also was featured on G-Dragon's one of a kind EP so it's not even that far off.

ramyeon

AKMU have good qualities, the songs can tire a little after a while. Better only to listen from time to time. I prefer Younha.
I disagree that their songs get tiring, the quality of their compositions and lyrics continues to amaze me every time. Especially considering their age.

But why are we comparing Akdong Musician to Younha anyway?

Peru

New AKMU isn't that good. Her voice is great, but.. But I don't think Younha's new one is one of her best either. If I'd choose a word to describe both songs it's "safe".

roaSone

Yo, apparently Boa's Implode was also written by Kim Jong-wan. (The guy who wrote Younha's comeback single)
This guy, just wow.
Of course we're speaking of the vocalist/writer of Nell here. The guy is talented.

New AKMU is AKMU quality, I still listen to PLAY very often.

ramyeon

Seo Taiji's version of Sogyeokdong is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzEebkOJA-I

Sounds exactly like it did in my head with his vocals haha. IU definitely took pointers from him for the delivery of her version.

In this case I do actually prefer IU's vocal cut. But this has made me really excited for Taiji's new album, I really hope he does more tracks like this.

K1LLER7

Apparently Lay posted a goodbye message on Weibo (?) for Luhan. No idea if it's true. Wasn't Luhan the most popular member?

Edit:- Here it is...

(TRANS) 141010 Lay’s Weibo Update: "My dear friend, goodbye, let’s perform again together if there’s ever a chance. As a brother I’ll support your every decision. Best wishes to you."

dokish

Banned
So yesterday on my way back to Seoul I was watching Roommate (don't know which episode). That Kara members, what's her name? 영인? Is she new member or was always there? She's DAAAAAMMNNN CUTE. Her laugh is hilarious. They said it looks like one of these crocodiles (don't know the name) and I just lost my shit.

Hotest-Free-Shipping-Big-Smile-font-b-Crocodile-b-font-font-b-Teeth-b-font-Bar.jpg

luso

SM management sure it's sucking these days.
Almost it seems they were handling things more and more with an iron fist until things started to break. As if "I will not concede, you will". Snaps.

Pendulum

whoa I could have swore that "Famous" Jae guy was taking credit for that choreography.

Kyle won't be happy then. He was the guy that spoke out when A Pink borrowed his choreography to a Beyonce song.

That Kara members, what's her name? 영인? Is she new member or was always there?[/IMG]

영지. C'mon man, you must know she's new.

----

[AgentChris]Jay Park - 나나 (NaNa) Official Music Video [AOMG][/AgentChris]

----

SM stocks down 19% on what it was at the start of last month.

According to Yonhap News, a representative of Luhan told the news source in an interview, "Luhan was more present in advertisements and other activities than the other [EXO] members, but this sort of detailed situation wasn't taken into account and the pay was distributed evenly among the members. This structure cannot be called fair."

However, Chinese media site Sina has reported another angle. Rather than a monetary issue, a reported friend of Luhan has stated that the EXO member simply missed home. The alleged friend told Sina in an interview, "To be honest, this decision was a sudden one. Luhan's health declined, and he returned to Beijing recently. He spent time with family and really enjoyed it."

He continued, "As he's been overseas for a long time, he had no time to spend with his parents. His agency strictly regulated his vacations home. Even when he had no work, he wasn't allowed to return home, and he was made to stay in Seoul. After coming home this time, I think he felt that he saw his aging family members and wanted to be close to them."

Top Bottom