• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

QgnaAf8.jpg

Amazing performance. Exid really lucked out when they're vocal coach could step in as a member after they lost 3 including Yuji. Solji is on a whole 'nother level.

Tahiti - Phone Number
Overall, I reckon it's Tahiti's best effort by a country mile, although given their past releases, that's not really saying much.

Love Sick is much better than this drivel.

I worry over the fact that you can't see her ass in the first picture. #flat

Lizzy has a week to fatten up, she better start eating immediately.

Seungggggggggggaaaaaaaaaah

HNNNG

Safest lyrics of all time. I mean, I like it, but I doubt he had to try very hard to come up with those lyrics. More concerned with Coming Home not sounding anything like the first teaser in this album preview. That teaser had me pretty hyped.

Yeah, agreed.

I just listened to the mini and here's my thoughts:

Coming Home - Meh.
Superstar - sounds like an alright production, a little funky and if you didn't know any better you'd think Chris Brown knows Korean.
You - great vocals, production is meh and music is kinda meh... very similar to a Taeyang track tbh.
First love - this might be my favorite track off the mini. mainly because it's sounds very retro.
Excuses - holy slow production batman, it sounds interesting but it feels like it's not doing anything with it.
Once More - another interesting production, but again it doesn't sound like it wants to do something with it.

Dice is spot on about his comment about this being a 90's thing coz the entire mini sounds like a modern take on 80's to 2005 music. I guess this is what happens when you're trapped in JYP's dungeon for 15 years... all you can listen to are cassette tapes from the old days.

Dude has definitely soul and a really great singer but it just sounds very lacking production wise. There's just no buildup or release in each track, nothing exciting or depressing that pulls the listener to the track... it's just all static and to be blunt, a little boring.

Here's hoping the dude gets better production on his next go around, coz if he doesn't, he's gonna go back to the dungeon especially when you're gonna be facing amazing R&B vocalists like Taeyang, Bumkey, Crush, Zion.T, and Jay Park in the game.

ramyeon

Did you actually apply at a Korean company? Are you willing to kiss butts and work overtime?
How's work so far?
Bit late but yes and I'm doing all the above. We have a huge event we're organising with the Chairman of Lotte later this week so it's overtime, overtime, overtime until then (To give a good example my co-workers didn't go home until midnight on Friday, I luckily was able to sneak away a bit earlier...).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
EDwtmAT.jpg

Goddess Lizzy would be a fantastic addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Teach her martial arts and make her a female Wong in Dr. Strange.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dude has definitely soul and a really great singer but it just sounds very lacking production wise. There's just no buildup or release in each track, nothing exciting or depressing that pulls the listener to the track... it's just all static and to be blunt, a little boring.
Yeah, totally agreed. It's not a stinker, just a dud. I didn't write my thoughts because I was tired at the time and it literally put me to sleep. I don't know if I'd say "really great singer" though. He's no Bumkey.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
lmj 27 weeks preggers.

no wonder she wants to continue her relationship
Oh wow congrats. To her.

Still...It's not like it's the greatest relationship ever, let's face it. I love LBH as an actor. He's phenomenal. But as a husband? Dude's shitty as fuck.

Dice

Polaris really shouldn't have instigated all this media play shit. Just run stuff through the legal systems. This is ridiculous.

Pendulum

lmj 27 weeks preggers.

no wonder she wants to continue her relationship

5. [+100, -0] His wife's suffering while pregnant with his baby and he's out looking for romance.......? Fry him in poop water.

----

Even if the Dispatch report messages turn out to not be exact, the damage has been done. Either way, bye Clara.

luso

RIP Afterschool. Had a bang debut at the start of 2009.
Hail new Pledis flagship, Orange Caramel... If they still can operate with loss for some more time.

That Clara's affair sure backfired. The worst is every fake accusation of sexual harassment makes it more difficult for the ones truly suffering it.

Dice

How do you know if she lied? It's supremely easy to take selections from long histories of conversation and put a spin on them. Is it because she sent him pictures? Since she is an employee and those photoshoot are her work, how do you know he didn't ask her to do that kind of thing, if not in text then over their wine & dinner dates? This is why they should have left this shit to the investigators and courts.

luso

Top naver comment is now at 62K.
I am not saying she lied but she was the first to put into public the whole harassment thing. Now those texts aren't the full picture but by becoming public it makes harder to believe her, along with the entire conversations, which shows (maybe on purpose, idk) that she had big part on the problems in the contracts. But I agree let the court decide (even if we are somehow suspicious about the Korean justice works on these cases)

llehuty

Why are we jumping on the Clara hate bandwagon when this "leaked" "full" conversations have been leaked by Polaris?. Polaris wouldn't conciously release the shit Clara was referencing. Also, using the Ladies Code accident against her, completely disgusting. Clara better sue Polaris for releasing this when she didn't approve it. I'm not saying this is not fucked up, but I think this is unfair since we are obviously missing information.

Minah is already recovered from her ankle injury and performing

여자친구(GFRIEND) - 유리구슬(Glass Bead) Visual Training ver.
When will AOA?

You should check the full mini. Interesting production all around.

Dice

I am not saying she lied but she was the first to put into public the whole harassment thing.
Incorrect. Channel A did, reporting on her statement to the authorities, including the contradiction from Polaris. Polaris are the ones who have been pushing things into public domain, which looks shady.

luso

^Well' maybe I'm wrong about who release it first. Either way, if there's more than the text messages in the accusations, it's maybe time to do next move, some short statement and continuing with the process, because right now on public eye she's the one on fault.

Zm1elTd.jpg

Pendulum

Clara's lawyer responds to the Dispatch texts and report.

“The article that was released about ‘sexual harassment’ had nothing to do with us. We never revealed any documents or information. The first ones to mention ‘sexual harassment’ in reports was Polaris,”

“They only make up about 30-40%? It doesn’t even come to half of the texts exchanged. Polaris claims that it was revealed by media with no connection to the agency, but we believe that Polaris is attempting to avoid any legal responsibility regarding libel and defamation..."

“We have emails and recordings. Those contain information so sensitive it’s difficult to release to the media.”

"The focus of the lawsuit is that Polaris didn’t keep their promise, which led to the request for contract nullification. It is a matter that should have ended with the civil suit but [Polaris] suddenly revealed their criminal suit to the media, and Clara has received a major impact on her image as a result.”

Help me K-pop GAF!

I went out to a bbq joint on friday and they showed a video I hadn't seen, hopefully one of you know what I'm talking about.

It was a male rap group, the video mostly took place in a stairwell, it was pretty trippy. There was a lady with a (skull?) bandanna over her mouth, I think she was dressed in black?

I know that's kind of vague, I don't remember too much of it. Humorously, the place was streaming the videos from a media server that didn't have support for Hangul so the titles were illegible.

edit: dammit, immediately after posting this I found it. MASTA WU – '이리와봐(COME HERE)

My memory was partially right anyway. Thanks anyway though!

Top Bottom