• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

"B2ST's Dongwoon, 4minute's Sohyun, Girl's Day's Sojin, TEEN TOP's Niel, BTOB's Minhyuk, INFINITE's Dongwoo, VIXX' N, and Super Junior's Ryeowook", and possibly others as well, filmed for Running Man the other day.

llehuty

I want to like Drama but I just can't. Is this what sones felt with Mr.Mr?

I mean the song is not terrible. It's just not single material.

JustinBB7

Lizzy has a really great personality for variety shows. She's in a few smaller ones that don't get to see the light of day outside of Korea. Here's a recent one where she pretty much carried the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nqvtE6mHiA

I don't know about Sohyun, but the others have had great moments in their respective variety show appearances and that's probably the reason why they got chosen.

-------------------------------------------------

edit: lol http://instagram.com/p/yGwmliEq9u/

I've seen that Lizzy clip before, seeing it again just makes me wish she would be a regular on Running Man again. Such a shame she had to leave. But then again RM is too full and she didn't get much screentime anyway.

llehuty

전설 The Legend - 흔적 Trace Official M/V

Youngji said:
10950319_790224651061865_961391397_n.jpg
A crime that she was stuck with those awful bangs for her debut.

I feel so bad for muses. The song is so terrible.

They're going to flop so hard.

I usually never believe your comments on music because we have different tastes, but goddamn you were right on this one.

I turned it off during the chorus. It was just so bland and unlistenable at that point I couldn't anymore.

I want to blame this on ear fatigue since I stayed up late last night producing a track but I don't think I can really blame it on that.

I want to like Drama but I just can't. Is this what sones felt with Mr.Mr?

I mean the song is not terrible. It's just not single material.

Nah. The only reason Mr.Mr. was lauded as terrible was because it was a very safe track. It had interesting production and it was listenable through and through, but it just felt a little bland and safe. Especially when you compare it to their previous release and that 2NE1 came out at the same time with killer tunes. If Mr.Mr. came out right after The Boys instead of IGAB and 2NE1 didn't blow them out of the water, it would've been a really successful release.

Drama on the other hand, is somewhat on other side of the spectrum. Like I said bland and unlistenable at some points. They also don't have any competition on the charts right now so they had a chance to succeed this time. But with this release, giri's right... they're gonna flop like a boss.

Man Red Velvet is so stacked. I'm on #TeamWendy most of the time, but when I see posts like these for Seulgi or Irene, everything goes out of the window. I need one of them to steal the limelight so I can finally settle on one.

luso

9Muses's Drama not exciting, meh. Too little to late. I still think the debut song was the worst one.

Nah. The only reason Mr.Mr. was lauded as terrible was because it was a very safe track. It had interesting production and it was listenable through and through, but it just felt a little bland and safe. Especially when you compare it to their previous release and that 2NE1 came out at the same time with killer tunes. If Mr.Mr. came out right after The Boys instead of IGAB and 2NE1 didn't blow them out of the water, it would've been a really successful release.

Mr. Mr. is not so bad as some people claim, I think what's affecting it is the whole concept perception, and yes, safe song. Compare the concept build up of IGAB, the MV, it's loud, bright, colorful, movement everywhere, dancing. The song is polarizing, as it was the concept fashion. Checking afterwards Mr. Mr. it's completely the opposite, a lackluster and almost monochrome MV, slow build up close to boredom, and a mid-tempo song. This whole thing can ruin the overall perception, even if Mr Mr it was a nice song.

Ym1r

omg im famous

I subbed to zulja instead of lirik. somebody else i can't remember has screen caps of us donating to her.

No No Eul

Soompi said:
Humankind not quite as stupid as it looks, snatches victory from jaws of defeat

JAWI (Federal Territories Islamic Department) decided to drop the arrest warrants against the Muslim fan girls who joined the stage with B1A4 during a performance in Malaysia.

JAWI had told the fan girls they would be imprisoned and/or fined up to 1,000 RM if they failed to show up to the office and give statements about their behavior on stage. In the end, however, the department decided not to charge the girls with arrest warrants.

“Rather than penalizing them, we must counsel these young fan girls,” advocated Ahmad Syaberi, Minister of Communications. “Followers of the Muslim faith are leaders, not judges to punish people.”

Yay.

—

There were a couple of rather interesting Netizen Buzz articles pointed out by Asian Junkie in a recent post. One about Best Sojin's struggle to keep her dreams alive and the other about the Hello Venus-esque reasons for the EXID/BESTie split.

Rainbow comeback next month. I hope for GAF's sakes, it will be a great one.

Please, please, be good.

In other news, I daren't listen to the new 9M track. I don't think I can handle the disappointment right now.

Yay.

—

There were a couple of rather interesting Netizen Buzz articles pointed out by Asian Junkie in a recent post. One about Best Sojin's struggle to keep her dreams alive and the other about the Hello Venus-esque reasons for the EXID/BESTie split.

Please, please, be good.

In other news, I daren't listen to the new 9M track. I don't think I can handle the disappointment right now.
At the time, JYP was training for the release of a new four member vocal girl group that was comprised of members Song Jieun, Yooji, Hyorin, and Hani.
adventure-time-cartoon-network-finn-finn-the-human-jiggly_200s.gif

giri

The EXID / Bestie thing had a couple of factually incorrect things about it though. Didn't save the logs of the conversation, but it was rather glaring. Some of their assumptions/assertions fall apart quickly.

Netizen Buzz has fallen off quickly as anything close to reliable when in late 2013 they/she started purposefully only translating the inflammatory articles and comments to rile up foreign fan bases for page clicks. At least she has been honest about doing so.

Ym1r

The EXID / Bestie thing had a couple of factually incorrect things about it though. Didn't save the logs of the conversation, but it was rather glaring. Some of their assumptions/assertions fall apart quickly.

Netizen Buzz has fallen off quickly as anything close to reliable when in late 2013 they/she started purposefully only translating the inflammatory articles and comments to rile up foreign fan bases for page clicks. At least she has been honest about doing so.

I thought the only thing that was called out as nonfactual was that the group was actually three members, and Hani being included was just a conjecture, which actually isn't far off because she was a JYP trainee too.

Though it's quite obvious she is partial in choosing articles to translate, I'm pretty sure she doesn't purposefully select certain comments, she links the articles as source and you can look up the top comments.

But choosing articles to translate is what she can really only do anyway. It's literally impossible for her to translate every article and comment, so she chooses hot topics and her biases.

Pendulum

Yeah, like Hyorin herself saying she was to be part of the 3-member JYP group with Jieun and Uji (no Hani).

Edit: Damn you Ym1r. Too fast for me even when throwing money at girls on cam.

llehuty

I don't get it tho how is she defending zico?

Copy pasting from the comments section, since I couldn't really word it this well:

kpopalypse said:
Well look at the way NB is editorialising in this article. She only does this kind of clarification and explanation for a bias group like Block B. When people released obviously cropped and deceptive footage of T-ara, NB was happy to just spread the hate around and not clarify anything at all and rake in the website traffic, but for her bias groups it's different. Look how few votes are on the Pann article. She's not covering this because it's a hot issue, she's covering it because she doesn't want international fans to hate on her precious bias. I guess NB doesn't have enough determination to treat all situations and idols equally.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
NB is a really infuriating place. I am fan of girl groups and basically, I only get comments about how ugly, stupid, boring they are while NB's boy biases get shielded like crazy. And damn she obviously hates T-ara and Nana. She also immediately translates the meanest comments she can find, anytime a new girl group appears too. She was tearing into EXID like crazy and going like "Oh it's a coincidence I am finding all of the these articles..."

Now EXID's a darling group and we get the love. It's hypocritical IMO.

luso

NB is a really infuriating place. I am fan of girl groups and basically, I only get comments about how ugly, stupid, boring they are while NB's boy biases get shielded like crazy. And damn she obviously hates T-ara and Nana. She also immediately translates the meanest comments she can find, anytime a new girl group appears too. She was tearing into EXID like crazy and going like "Oh it's a coincidence I am finding all of the these articles..."

Now EXID's a darling group and we get the love. It's hypocritical IMO.

Any given SNSD article is a given for clicks (just look at the number of comments), and for this objective the majority of the translated ones are mostly negatives. Even ridiculous Pann posts and other minor articles with 20 comments are translated.

Ym1r

Copy pasting from the comments section, since I couldn't really word it this well:

That's a good point, I don't really care enough to go through her translation history to see whether or not she actually likes Block B or Zico or whatever versus something else. But I'll take their word for it.

broz0rs

Hani's got a cockblocker

allkpop said:
On the January 18 broadcast of JTBC's 'Inside Story Salon', behind-the-scenes clips of M.I.B Kangnam and EXID Hani's '@star1' photoshoot were revealed.

During the episode, Kangnam shared, "I did a photoshoot with Hani. An hour prior to shooting, Hani's project manager called me and said, 'Kangnam, you know what to do right? Don't ask for her number, and don't take pictures with her like you're her boyfriend. Take pictures with her like you're her oppa and she's your little sister.'"

Kangnam expressed his shock over EXID manager's protectiveness, saying, "I got annoyed. Although I don't know if there's a rumor saying that I'm the kind of person who gets numbers," causing viewers to laugh.

kangnam_1421791004_20150120_hani_kangnam_3.jpg

Pendulum

Welp, Gaeko & Yankie just blew everyone out with a surprise track that's also the best song I've heard since the new year started.

Surprise? I've been posting teasers for the past week. :p

Expect some more tracks from the Amoeba crew - this song is part of the NEWorkend project.

giri

Lizzy Trot song was just on MCD. That was the premiere, no?

It was ... lizzy made it work.

And 9M - Drama still lacks any punch. But it was much better there than on their show case.

Also, POTEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Peru

Lizzy song is OK but the potential was enormous for her to go balls out earworm trot and instead it's sort of middle ground and anonymous. Only heard live so far though so I'll reserve final judgement.

Top Bottom