• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

vanty

CLOSE

Yura said:
2706C13654C0B7BC1FE0E9

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am still not over Nana dating some wooden motherfucker. I am just as pathetic as Korean netizens that I judged for doing the same thing. What does this guy have over me except for being an handsome, rich Korean model and actor?!

At least I still have innocent, perfect, sweet Lizzy. T__T RIGHT?!

Tangeroo

I am still not over Nana dating some wooden motherfucker. I am just as pathetic as Korean netizens that I judged for doing the same thing. What does this guy have over me except for being an handsome, rich Korean model and actor?!

For starters, he's probably met Nana in person.

giri

Lizzy announced she has just broken up with her bf.

So............

Eldren

150201 KBS Let's Go! Dream Team Season 2 Preview feat. Yuna as well as some other idols (I think I saw Nicole) and a bunch of white women (?)

I think this is like the 5th or 6th preview of a photobook Hyo's been working on over the last month (a project organised by her and the photographer/stylist, who she's worked with before, because SM don't care about her.)

It needs to hurry up and release so I can bulk buy it and give her some money.

No No Eul

lol

(Also, Minah looking great in that red dress.)

It's not K-Pop related, but whatever - I don't think there's a K-Drama thread. How does this compare to Reply 97? I really enjoyed 97, but I've heard 94 is a bit different in atmosphere.

I thought 97 was fantastic so I really didn't think 94 would have a chance of recapturing that magic but it absolutely did. It's very similar to 97 in many ways—same sort of tone, sense of humour, that sort of thing—but at the same time, 94 is different enough that it's able to stand on its own two feet, largely thanks to its excellent cast of characters.

It's not without its problems. I seem to remember that it took two or three episodes to introduce all the major players and really get into the swing of things. It's also probably half a dozen episodes too long. I loved it though. It's totally worth giving it a shot.

23081D3854B2297215273F

I just got back from vacation, putting myself up to date. some quick thoughts.

- 8 MUSES sucks. The song is terrible as a single and not even worth a second listen.
- 4 minute releasing a ballad?, really?
- YongHwa solo album is awesome, same as Jonghyun but not at the same level.
- Tae's accident was horrible, hopefully she's recovering well, even though she performed yesterday again.
- Who's that streamer Ym1r subbed instead of king Lorik? lol
- RIP Glam? i thought it was dead already a long time ago lol

Anyway, best bae.

2354BB4854C517ED144D52

Infinte H - Pretty

Title track: Beat is good, chorus kinda week, but overall I like it.

Liking the other songs on the album.

Of course this would be good, it's produced by BrandNew Music... Bumkey and San-E's label.

I will say that I liked the previous release better, but only it's because my man Primary produced the entire thing... and I'm a bit biased to Amoeba so yeah haha.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
no clue, source/extrapolate?

Say it ain't so~

Also just realized roommate totally skimped on showing the extended talk with sunny, nana, and gook ju about boyfriends. -sigh-

Apparently, she once said on some show that since she's full blooded Korean, she can't date anyone who isn't full blood Korean. It was supposedly some dating show ala WGM where they tried to pair her with some Korean-Americans or something and she refused on camera. Haven't seen it, but man...It would seriously kill my love for Girl's Day. And I don't want to abandon Expectation and Female President...

Also just realized roommate totally skimped on showing the extended talk with sunny, nana, and gook ju about boyfriends. -sigh-

What can Nana say except talk about the wooden plank she is dating? Fuck I am salty.

It would seriously kill my love for Girl's Day.

What can Nana say except talk about the wooden plank she is dating? Fuck I am salty.

Yeah I think it would for me too, I got some serious low tolerance for that kind of thing. Could care less what else they do... as long as it is no drugs or something, but that stuff gets me.

And you really really are aren't you haha.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently, she once said on some show that since she's full blooded Korean, she can't date anyone who isn't full blood Korean. It was supposedly some dating show ala WGM where they tried to pair her with some Korean-Americans or something and she refused on camera. Haven't seen it, but man...It would seriously kill my love for Girl's Day. And I don't want to abandon Expectation and Female President...
Brace yourself to stop loving a lot of idols if you start investigating such things.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Brace yourself to stop loving a lot of idols if you start investigating such things.

The dream is already cracking with Sistar's Showtime being the Bora Hate Show...And now Nana is dating a lifeform made out of wood and hatred. But racism? I know Korea's very nationalistic. But man, that would really bust the "dream" up.

As long as 4Minute, Lizzy and Youngji don't say racist stuff on camera, I am good.

Then again, the dream cracked hard when I watched the 9 Muses documentary, aka Psychological Torture: The Movie. That was a horror film basically T_T

I know Korea's very nationalistic. But man, that would really bust the "dream" up.

I'm not saying this applies to all Koreans, but prepare to see your dream get busted in real life.

My first few years in uni had me spending a lot of time with a lot of the Asian student groups on campus since we sorta we're one and the same. The Filipinos, Vietnamese, along with the general Asian student group were really tight knit. Guess who wasn't part of it?

Not only that, you wouldn't even know the Korean student group existed. The only reason why they became known was because my uni enacted a policy that required each group to advertise on the student board. Their poster? All written in Korean. The only thing you could read was the time and where they met. A couple of my Korean-American friends actually tried to join the group and one was basically shunned because she couldn't speak the language, the other went through but the stories she told us about what they did was pretty ridiculous.

Mind you the people in this group are literally fresh off the boat who never has seen American culture besides the TV. The ones fresh off the boat who decided to assimilate into American culture were the nicest people you could ever meet, same thing for the Korea-Am's but even they admit they've still got their prejudices set just because that's how they grew up and it's hard to change.

That said, everyone's prejudiced in one way or another so it's a little unfair to say that it's only Koreans. Rather, I'll just say that it certainly exists within a select number of people and unfortunately, they're the ones who get their voices heard, not the ones who really don't give a shit at all.

Anyway, enough serious talk... back to the music.

Infinite H's 2nd mini might just be the best release of year so far. The only track I couldn't get into was track 5. It's trying to copy too much of that dirty South sound and they just sound amateurish on it.

Ym1r

I'm not saying this applies to all Koreans, but prepare to see your dream get busted in real life.

My first few years in uni had me spending a lot of time with a lot of the Asian student groups on campus since we sorta we're one and the same. The Filipinos, Vietnamese, along with the general Asian student group were really tight knit. Guess who wasn't part of it?

Not only that, you wouldn't even know the Korean student group existed. The only reason why they became known was because my uni enacted a policy that required each group to advertise on the student board. Their poster? All written in Korean. The only thing you could read was the time and where they met. A couple of my Korean-American friends actually tried to join the group and one was basically shunned because she couldn't speak the language, the other went through but the stories she told us about what they did was pretty ridiculous.

Mind you the people in this group are literally fresh off the boat who never has seen American culture besides the TV. The ones fresh off the boat who decided to assimilate into American culture were the nicest people you could ever meet, same thing for the Korea-Am's but even they admit they've still got their prejudices set just because that's how they grew up and it's hard to change.

That said, everyone's prejudiced in one way or another so it's a little unfair to say that it's only Koreans. Rather, I'll just say that it certainly exists within a select number of people and unfortunately, they're the ones who get their voices heard, not the ones who really don't give a shit at all.

Anyway, enough serious talk... back to the music.

Infinite H's 2nd mini might just be the best release of year so far. The only track I couldn't get into was track 5. It's trying to copy too much of that dirty South sound and they just sound amateurish on it.

Hi, I'm Asian.

Edit: Also, just curious, how many people are Asian here? I know Warren, Milkham and Unichan are so that makes 4 of us.

Top Bottom