• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Kuno

Boss★Moogle;242948271 said:
Yeah the choreo is fantastic on top of the song being so good. Anybody know when they're premiering it on music shows? I'm guessing it won't be Tuesday, only nugus would premiere on The Show. I can hope for Show Champion on Wednesday but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait til M-CountDown on Thursday.

I read that RV is performing the new single on this week's Inkigayo which airs at 12:10PM KST (1h 35m from this post).

RedEther

BLACKPINK - AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST - Show Music Core - 2017/07/08

Rosé outfit...

85K6gx4.gif

Wow she looks amazing :0

She has looked the best this comeback imo

Red Velvet's new album is already out on Apple Music and Spotify!

Red Flavor is really good but idk if it's SOTY quality.

Mojito > Red Flavor > You Better Know > Hear The Sea > Zoo

chaosyn

Yes, RV delivered! Killer title track, and the other songs are pretty solid too. Check out Mojito, I'm already feeling that as one of their better b-sides after one listen.

Loci

Boss★Moogle;242978253 said:
their hard work paid off, they all look so amazing for this comeback.

Indeed they do.
Kinda mad that they did not capture the best part of the choreo properly, tho.

Also, someone explain to me why in god's name would you ever glue fake bangs to one's forehead....?
Especially when you can have this instead

Pendulum's new favorite fruit is pineapple now, I see.

The entire The Red Summer mini album is pretty damn great as well. Interestingly the tracks appear in order of best to worst. Red Flavor => You Better Know > Zoo > Mojito > Hear the Sea

Red Flavor and You Better Know are both amazing. Pretty sure Red Flavor is RVs best title track, trumping Ice Cream Cake. It might even be their best song, period. You Better Know is actually good enough to compete with it, and others like Cool World, Body Talk, Ice Cream Cake, Huff n Puff, Some Love, and Happiness for the top spots. Zoo and Mojito are both great as well. Zoo actually could have been greater if the climaxes of the song weren't a slightly annoying pronunciation of the word zoo. Still great despite that part though. <3 LDN Noise. Hear the Sea is merely a charming Velvet filler track. I like enough to add it to my playlist, but I'll never manually play it again. Overall this is probably their best mini album. Two top tier tracks and two great tracks with a good song rounding it out is good enough to beat out Rookie and Ice Cream Cake. The Red remains their best album, but if The Red Summer had twice as many tracks, it might have been close.

I like the music video as well. RV got quirky and crazy music videos on lock down. Didn't notice at first that the oranges are blue on the inside to correlate with Wendys color. Neat little detail. Of course, the girls all look amazing aside from the blasphemous bangs they strapped to Irenes forehead. Fuck. That. If it weren't for that, this would have been a perfect comeback.

Really hope this comeback does well for RV. They got off to a good start on the charts, only being cock blocked by Mnet from achieving a real time all kill. Seems like Heize will probably overtake it on Melon soon as well. We'll see how it does the next few days. A perfect all kill was extremely unlikely, since One is debuting tomorrow and I think Zico is having a comeback one of these days as well. A certified all kill would be neat though. They are the only top group without one I believe. Pretty sure Twice, BP, MMM, Gfriend all have one or more, unless I am mistaken.

Seulgi and Jisoo having a moment. Would love to see some BlackVelvet interaction.

in other news, someone went and made some updated days between debut and first win charts. Haven't seen one in years:

Here's a chart showing numbers of wins, and how many of them were returning artists and how many were new:

Seulgi has her moments, Joy is generally great and GOAT Rapper 'Rene is spitting the hottest bars since "Brrrrrr Rambo" was once uttered.

Yet between the breakdown and closer Wendy wins this song. "Red Flavor" is the best Red Velvet single in some time, but I'd be surprised to see it become as large a commercial success as some of you are expecting.

Stayed on media blackout until the video release, now I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the mini.

R1920x0

holy duality + friends

DCCMN-1VoAAGrWt.jpg

Bowlie

Banned
Oh my god, this is so much better than Rookie, I can't believe it.
And they finally nailed down their visuals, which has been iffy since Russian Roulette.

I don't think it's song of the summer/year (too many great things released already, this year is packed), but now I'm grabbing the album and I wasn't going to before :D

luso

I'm not into the bandwagon about the RV track.I still have to check remaining tracks. I agree with visuals though.

Here's a chart showing numbers of wins, and how many of them were returning artists and how many were new:

Look at this half year of 2017, more overall trophies than some entire years. Now there's 5 weekly music shows with trophies while before there were 2-3.

llehuty

New RV is great, but song of the summer calls one week into July? &#129300;&#129300;
It was a bit of hyperbole, but other than maybe KARD, I don't know who is going to try that angle. August is already a bit late for releasing a song of the summer.

No No Eul

Fuck it, I'm going to move to South Korea. How you guys/girls think a 24 year old portuguese guy would do there? I'm also a beautiful mofo.

I'm sure our resident Korea-based, Portuguese-speaking expert would have plenty of advice for you but alas, he's already been banned from GAF. Twice.

I'm sure our resident Korea-based, Portuguese-speaking expert would have plenty of advice for you but alas, he's already been banned from GAF. Twice.
I was joking
I wish I wasn't
but who?

Because Jennie will eventually be mine. I need some tips if I want to survive there.

Once again, I'm joking. :'(

Pendulum

Has anyone else had a look at the Artist Insights that YouTube released last month? We know some groups are more popular overseas than in South Korea, and this is only YouTube so there's no numbers for other video portals (e.g. sites like Naver in SK, everything but YouTube in China), but it's still interesting to see where a groups viewers come from on a country/city basis.
Typically the top viewers for a K-Pop group come from South Korea, followed by a combination of countries like Thailand/Vietnam/Taiwan/Japan and then USA. But here's a few interesting exceptions:

GOT7
- Thailand (358,745,364 total views)
- USA (118,592,351 total views)
- Japan (65,586,320 total views)
- South Korea (64,575,881 total views)
- Vietnam (63,092,408 total views)

BTS
- South Korea (745,589,312 total views)
- USA (480,670,121 total views)
- Brazil (369,756,341 total views)
- Thailand (322,269,989 total views)
- Japan (287,894,388 total views)

KARD
- Brazil (14,490,608 total views)
- USA (11,859,565 total views)
- Thailand (7,636,121 total views)
- Vietnam (6,450,893 total views)
- Mexico (5,843,290 total views)
- Indonesia (5,125,173 total views)
- South Korea (4,776,818 total views)

KARD is going to be travelling internationally for a while.

vanty

I don't really get all the praise for Red Flavor. Probably my least favourite single after the Lookie Lookie garbage. Not even close to Russian Roulette let alone all their earlier stuff.

llehuty

I'm in. Impressed at how nice some of those shots look.

First batch of Dreamcatcher teaser pics.
Title track (or album) is called Prequel, and these pics are tagged as "before" on their webpage, so I guess we will see how they became ghosts in this MV? Could be a nice way of ending the trilogy.

6 more member revealed of C9's girl group:
KtP55X3.jpg
x8c4gho.jpg

Bomin | Lucky

HTaK9KX.jpg
JLMvtgE.jpg

Jiwon | Viva

Y635SUN.jpg
XQYNYOx.jpg

Chaesol | Cherry
I hope the talent is there, they seem already packed on the visuals department. Still 2 members to go.

Loci

I said damn.
Quick someone post their dates of birthday before I get called out again for finding pretty girls slightly below a country's age of consent I don't even live in attractive.

llehuty

Posting the first 2, in case some people missed them.

C9's 10 member girl group first reveals:

(Tell me your wish) Genie and Nayoon.
I just realized that we don't usually get big numbered groups with mature concept very often. Could be interesting.

I said damn.
Quick someone post their dates of birthday before I get called out again for finding pretty girls slightly below a country's age of consent I don't even live in attractive.

Date of birth emeded on the pictures (it's the first number in some weird format) youngest are 2001

Top Bottom