• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon Studios CEO trashes Alyssa Mercante from Kotaku on X: 'Journalists know nothing about game development'

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
GZgfx3LWAA0S6_E
The funny thing is she's currently threatening to sue Smash JT for defamation because he said exactly this. lol, you can't make this stuff up.

Astral Dog

It amazes me how they think this perfect utopia can actually exist. As if all ideas and suggestions are equal and should never be dismissed. The guy has simply made a decision about a games direction. The person who suggested it probably said ok, I'll go away and try and suggest a better solution (and then got on with his life). An occurance that happens a trillion times a day for normal people in work.

In her mind it's the end of the world and that person should be sent straight to hell anyway possible. How do these people work through life with that mentality?
Activist Journalists aren't there to find truth, simply report on games or(god forbid) celebrate the game industry, they feel entitled to criticize everything until it fits their agenda

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Not even going to comment on Mercante, because she’s entirely insignificant to this debate, but the things brought up about toxic positivity are spot on.

Creative endeavours fail if there’s no passion, creative conflict, constructive communication and compromise. And they certainly always fail if the people involved hate their audience.

tkscz

I7r2voc.jpeg

Not my proudest fap.
Not enough ass for me to look pass the lunatic she is. Isn't she the one who tried to get someone's wife to say bad things about her husband so she could make an article about it?

She's also not the person who claimed to work on Ori, she just came out of nowhere to talk shit about Thomas, a conversation that was none of her business and she rightly got told to fuck off in the best kind of way.

Did some extra digging and loving how many people are defending the woman claiming to work on the game by saying she was in the credits but every screenshot they show doesn't have her in them (lady's name is Rachel, they keep sending screenshots of a woman named Debora).

Kumomeme

remember, this shit is a mental health issue at first place. so no suprise if she is unstable. what worse is she is just one of many. well to be fair, minority that pose as the many.

western studio are heading into era where they prioritize a specific working 'environment' rather than passion and ability in working making games at first place. if this trend continue, not just it will be affect the output quality, but sooner or later game development studio will be a forefront of mental health hospital care.

journalist site already far ahead. those affected place basically asylum.

i pray eastern particularly asian studio are spared from this. there is tons of sign. not late to turn back for those who already half foot through the cave door.

Last edited:
Top Bottom