• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

YAMA & HOTCHICKS are making their own girl group. Called 씨앗 (SEE ART).
Cuk3ajWUMAI5r9j.jpg

Pendulum

YG has put out a statement saying Nam Taehyun will indefinitely halt Winner activities due to a mental health issue.
The agency explained that they were aware of Nam Taehyun’s mental health issue since his trainee days, but his condition had come into attention when it had worsened during the past few months. Therefore, YG Entertainment announced that plans for WINNER to release a new song have been postponed indefinitely.
Some netizens believe he's no longer in the group at all.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i didn't see it before but i do appreciate it.

and she speaks english too wtfffffffff i've been missing out

bye irene

Are people sleeping on this?!

This song just replaced Galaxy as my SOTY. Seriously, this is one of the greatest songs I've heard all year.

does this mean somebody actually appreciated the wendy megapost I did some time ago?

*raises hand*

Irene is kinda becoming my new fave in the group but I've always got a soft spot for Wendy. I wouldn't be a RV stan without her lol.

llehuty

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

This was my worry after shyshyshy blew up...
Well, they can say whatever they want, but I think it's unpredictable knowing when one line is going to go viral. Like ohh aah had plenty of potential viral lines and none of the catched up.

I just need them to release a good track. I enjoyed their previos releases, but none of them would hit my top 10 or even top 20 releases of the year. I wonder if we are going to get "Breakdowns on top of breakdowns" part 3.

roaSone

Are people sleeping on this?!

This song just replaced Galaxy as my SOTY. Seriously, this is one of the greatest songs I've heard all year.
MYST3RY & STRANG3R are so good in their entirety, this musical direction LC is taking is brilliant, fits them so well, especially Sojung.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well, they can say whatever they want, but I think it's unpredictable knowing when one line is going to go viral. Like ohh aah had plenty of potential viral lines and none of the catched up.
Typical tryhard Kpop tbh

Oh crab dance caught on for Soshi, let's try to make the next pointeu dance for infinity.
Oh retro concept worked for WG, everybody do retro.
Oh cheap sax worked for Sistar, let's add cheap sax to a billion songs.
Oh fairy concept worked for Apink when we thought it was dead, time to bring it back everyone.

It's a weird presumption that success is merely formula and it just hasn't been fully captured yet, but doesn't stop good and original things from coming.

llehuty

A.de is not releasing their track until the 18th... one day after I.O.I's comeback. What a waste. I keep replaying the fancam (so goood) but nobody is going to care about it. I guess Produce 101 rejects are destined to flop.

Typical tryhard Kpop tbh

Oh crab dance caught on for Soshi, let's try to make the next pointeu dance for infinity.
Oh retro concept worked for WG, everybody do retro.
Oh cheap sax worked for Sistar, let's add cheap sax to a billion songs.
Oh fairy concept worked for Apink when we thought it was dead, time to bring it back everyone.

It's a weird presumption that success is merely formula and it just hasn't been fully captured yet, but doesn't stop good and original things from coming.
I'm getting flashbacks from when someone in this thread was saying that making a hit song was easy, lol.

jordisok

Jeongyeon is life

BTS go really hard for the recreating some of the video like shot for shot when they debut a song, it's impressive but idk if I like it. Well actually I guess that's kinda down to the camera direction too I don't know how much input anyone has

Ok yeah ignore me without the close ups these are great.

llehuty

I'M(아임) _ Try
Ex Topp Dogg member now as a solo artist in the same label as Girl's Day, talk about improvement.

Block B - My Zone (Music Video)
You can count on Zico to ruin a funky song killing all the momentum with his breakdown.

Karacin Jr. (카라신주니어) - Rainbow swamp
This indie-EDM track had a lot of promise with the first sounds, but it just gets a super messy dissonant layer at the 12 sec mark and doesn't let it go. Too experimental for my tastes.

Talking of experimental EDM, there is anther Hitchhiker track that he/she/they made for a Netflix exclusive film (that apparently is bad):
Hitchhiker - Ding Dong – from XOXO the Netflix Original Film
With the trademark addictive but annoying Hitchhiker shenanigans.

JAY PARK, LP [EVERYTHING YOU WANTED] PRE-LISTENING 01.
Plenty of already released tracks (and plenty of Cha Cha Malone (and plenty of good tracks)).

여자여자 GIRLS GIRLS - 쥬시시크릿 JUICY SECRET dance practice
Verses still so good.

Eldren

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, Youkyung's contract with FNC is up and she's left AOA. Supposedly she'll come back for "honorary projects" like AOA Black but knowing FNC... RIP. So much for that dream.

llehuty

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, Youkyung's contract with FNC is up and she's left AOA. Supposedly she'll come back for "honorary projects" like AOA Black but knowing FNC... RIP. So much for that dream.
It's sad, but I have to laugh at all this times FNC was like "hey guys, next comeback is totally going to have a band concept, I promise. Just keep supportimg the group, pls" a couple of years ago.

Eldren

It's sad, but I have to laugh at all this times FNC was like "hey guys, next comeback is totally going to have a band concept, I promise. Just keep supportimg the group, pls" a couple of years ago.

They're so annoying. They were saying in like January of this year that there'd be an AOA Black comeback of sorts before the year was out. There have been plenty of opportunities since Moya where the group haven't been promoting when they could have squeezed out a Black mini and they never bothered. Now they've got 2 new boy groups to focus on instead so...

llehuty

They're so annoying. They were saying in like January of this year that there'd be an AOA Black comeback of sorts before the year was out. There have been plenty of opportunities since Moya where the group haven't been promoting when they could have squeezed out a Black mini and they never bothered. Now they've got 2 new boy groups to focus on instead so...
Lmao, didn't know they were still pulling that shit this year. Two boy groups?, only heard of one (SF9).

RedEther

I always thought AOA Black had potential to be something more, its a shame they weren't pushed more.

Time to recruit Ayeon

Pendulum

Yass let's hope for another iconic T-ara track. Their last comeback was meh.
Duble Sidekick... Hmm, that could go either way.

As was the case with Brave Brothers. And we got that last comeback from Brave Brothers, who has produced more hits than Duble Sidekick, so while I'm eager to see T-ara on stage again, I'm keeping this expectation in check.

---

I don't even know what to say.

If Somi wasn't in this group and we weren't getting a JYP track, I'd hate to think what YMC would be putting out this time.
Dream Girls Pt 2

Eldren

These Twice teasers are super boring.

Lmao, didn't know they were still pulling that shit this year. Two boy groups?, only heard of one (SF9).

Ah sorry, I didn't mean 2 new this year, I was talking about N.Flying as well. I've kind of just given up on AOA being managed properly, especially after the way FNC dropped the ball with that whole controversy thing.

I always thought AOA Black had potential to be something more, its a shame they weren't pushed more.

Time to recruit Ayeon

Moya sold better than Confused and then FNC did nothing else with them until that little mini performance at the gayos two years ago. Then Wonder Girls came back a band concept and it blew up. They really missed an opportunity there.

Top Bottom