• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

TWICE(트와이스) "TT(티티)" M/V TEASER 2

Sounds so good.

sn-shy.gif

Dear lord this sounds amazing. Please don't fuck it up.

[MV] 24K(투포케이) _ BINGO(빙고)
- The boygroup with one of the more underrated comebacks this year has released their followup track, it's a bit more tryhard and I think it's not as good as their previous Still 24K but still I'm kinda into their music. That music video though, I don't even know lmao.

Surprised of nobody made a joke with Twice's title track name yet.

You mean no one has made the connection to the flawless iconic track T.T Dance yet, huh.

Ym1r

Friday Night kpop oldies

hey bro, can you give me a list of classic korean songs/ballads? I know a lot of great ballads but recently I stumbled upon old songs like 임재범의 여러분, 그대는 어디에, 유리상자의 사랑해도 될까요, 그리고 애즈원의 원하고 원망하죠.

I know some classics like 여다 이미슬픈 사랑, mc the max 잠시만 안녕, but I need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

llehuty

Unpretty Rapstar vol.3 EP8
We almost there!

BOYFRIEND 「Jackpot」
The song is ok, I guess. Typical johnny's kind of sound with the loud EDM sounds, but still listeneable.

[MV] 24K(투포케이) _ BINGO(빙고)
- The boygroup with one of the more underrated comebacks this year has released their followup track, it's a bit more tryhard and I think it's not as good as their previous Still 24K but still I'm kinda into their music. That music video though, I don't even know lmao.

My thoughts exactly. A good followup overall. The extra percussion in the last chorus is a nice touch. And the MV has to be one of the most ridiculous MV in kpop (at least this year), that's quite an achievement.

hey bro, can you give me a list of classic korean songs/ballads? I know a lot of great ballads but recently I stumbled upon old songs like 임재범의 여러분, 그대는 어디에, 유리상자의 사랑해도 될까요, 그리고 애즈원의 원하고 원망하죠.

I know some classics like 여다 이미슬픈 사랑, mc the max 잠시만 안녕, but I need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

i like the "As One" song, yada is good rock ballad.

^ if haven't heard already, here's the GOAT Korean musician (Kim Kwang Seok)
http://youtu.be/T0Kz4-1081g

i didn't listen to Kim Kwang Seok at the time, (all my friends were into서태지와 아이들 - 난 알아요 at that time period) thanks for posting this.

pre-2000
man... this might be too old... (i don't know too many classic ballads...)
이문세(Lee Moon Sae) - 옛사랑
녹색지대(green zone) - 준비없는 이별 (rock ballad)
김건모(Kim Gun-Mo) - 아름다운 이별
뱅크(Bank) - 가질 수 없는 너
나만의슬픔(Dongyu Kim) -김돈규
한동준(Dongjun Han) - 너를사랑해

Kim dong ryul(Exhibition) is good or Lee Juck(Panic)

anything korean drama if you want ballads!

llehuty

Why the hell do they split the final in 2 episodes? So anticlimatic.

No surprises on the eliminations. A bit disappointed that Grace didn't went all in, I would definitely like to see her coming back in a future season.

About the final, I quite enjoyed Miryo's stage, even though she was super tense. Soyeon with the feature trick, that rapped half of the song.

So sad about Nada choking, that stage was amazing, and would have been an amazing way of ending her stellar performance across the whole season. Adding Wa$$up there was also a nice touch. But damn Ash-B, I wasn't so sure about her in season 2, but she has definitely delivered a nice redemption arc. She definitely justifies the possibility of giving a 2nd chance to previous contestants.

llehuty

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So it's definitely an era of sweetness right now, but I like variety. Who other than Blackpink is going hard? RIP 4minute.

llehuty

So, Twice is about to obliterate the charts in a few hours, a year after their debut. Their 2 MVs about to hit the 100 million mark. Who would ahve though that the next generation defining k-pop girl group, would come out of a questionable survival show and would also have members from japan and china?.

The new reference "wall you can't climb over".

I like Pledis Girlz, but whenever I see that girl all I can think of is this gif:

530f59052909c2c7786e90d3e0579cc1.gif

Why the but? Siyeon could become a reaction gif goldmine. It's just reason #xx why people should be excited for Pledis Girlz.

So, Twice is about to obliterate the charts in a few hours, a year after their debut. Their 2 MVs about to hit the 100 million mark. Who would ahve though that the next generation defining k-pop girl group, would come out of a questionable survival show and would also have members from japan and china?.

They really do seem poised to become the next SNSD. With three Japanese members I imagine they will have an easier time of making it in Japan as well. If they can avoid scandals and typical JYP bullshittery like sending them to the US, the future is bright for Twice.

song is kinda.. weak?

This.

It starts of pretty good but then the chorus shits on itself with lame ass chord changes and standard K-Pop melodies.

It's a shame too, there's some really good production going on behind it but it's staved off by that mess.

And yes I understand Twice is your "average" K-Pop group in terms of sound but this shit sounds like it came out around 2012. It sounds old as hell and uninteresting, especially when you consider how Red Velvet(I might even throw BlackPink here) has very interesting sounds.

song is kinda.. weak?

still replaying neomu 10 times per day. best kpop song in ages

Yeah not impressed on first listen. Song seems repetitive and never goes anywhere interesting. At work though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt due to the shitty speakers. For now though I'd rate it behind Cheer Up and far behind Like Ooh-Ahh and Like a Fool.

I'm not big into Very Very Very either. Overall IOIs song output has been very disappointing to me. Produce 101 had a few great songs made for it, and a couple decent ones. Very Very Very to me is decent, and while I liked Whatta Man, I've heard the chorus hundreds of times before.

To be honest, Bulldoks song is probably the best one released recently, lol. Aside from Shinee and BoA/BB October has been Weak. Hope BP and EXO CBX bring it.

Dahyun expanding her animal dance repertoire.

Kuno

I watched the TT MV, but then I looked at comments here and on YouTube and people aren't liking it? I really, really like the song and the MV was well done too. *shrug*

broz0rs

TT is a bit of a dud compared to the first two singles, but that MV is off the chains. The thing that TWICE is just so amazing is that we're able to see personalities through their MVs. A few examples such as Jihyo being the pillar, Dahyun being the mascot, Mina and Tsuyu as the visuals, etc. If they keep this up, I don't think the song quality will even matter to these girls.

props to JYPE for putting all their eggs in one basket and just going for the jugular.

Top Bottom