• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

On a similar note, Sera made an appearance on some kind of Sketchbook-esque TV show recently, chatting and singing a bunch of songs. <3
·feist·;193160133 said:
Also, it reaffirms Sera as Best Muse in Perpetuity.
R1920x0

Speaking of wanting a good song, first WJSN images for their comeback on Jan 3rd.
"Secret," "BeBe" and "Good Night" are decent songs, though...

R1920x0

LMAO. They have potenial, but they should stop trying to be Lovelyz 2.0 and bring something fresh to the table. It's already hard getting into the group when half of the members are filler, at least deliver on the music side of things.
But they sound nothing at all like Lovelyz.

R1920x0

Was making a music CD for the school I work in (they listen to music at lunch, sometimes fun stuff) since this is the last week before winter break. Was thinking, I mostly only have k-pop these days that is new but maybe they would not be so into it since I'm in Japan. Came into work today and see and hear them dancing to TWICE in the gym for P.E. haha.

Welp now I know its all good.
Lol, Cheer Up I guess?
That must be a fun way to have PE.

I don't know what they keep trying, Miracles in December was obviously a fluke.
Their winter albums are always nice, even if the title track isn't good like Miracles in December. Besides, they contribute to charity since Sing For You, that's a nice thing to do in Christmas.

llehuty

Pledis Girlz announces concert on Jan. 6th + to officially start debut countdown & revelation of official group name

I wonder if they are going to axe some mebers before debut or not. Still, hyped for this group. Don't blew it Pledis, plsss.

One week for SBS Gayo and they have announced the special performances already:

KPop Star X Fantastic Duo stage
Classical Performance Team - Henry, Raina, Benji
Modern Dance Team - N (VIXX), Jimin (BTS), Yein (Lovelyz), Chengxiao (WJSN), Momo, Mina (TWICE)
Rock Stage - CNBlue's Jonghyun and DAY6 Young K
Street Dance Stage - Taemin (SHINee), Jinyoung, Yugyeom (GOT7), Ten (NCT), Seulgi (Red Velvet), YooA (Oh My Girl), Eunjin (DIA), Lisa (BLACKPINK)
Sunny Girls - TAXI (Chengxiao (WJSN), YooA (OMG), Nayoung (gugudan), Eunha (GFriend), Nancy (MOMOLAND)
Uhm Junghwa X T.O.P - DISCO
Rookie special stage with KNK, HALO, SNUPER, ASTRO, SF9, PENTAGON, LABOUM, MOMOLAND, DIA, CLC, gugudan, WJSN.

That street dance stage lineup is solid.

llehuty

SBS 2016 SAF Gayo

Date
26th December 8:55pm (KST)
t1482756900z0.png

MCs
Yoo Hee Yeol, SNSD Yuri & EXO Baekhyun

Lineup
Taeyeon
Hyuna
Lovelyz
Red Velvet
Mamamoo
BLACKPINK
Sistar
GFriend
AOA
A Pink
Ailee
EXID
TWICE
Uhm Jung Hwa

Big Bang
Sechs.kies
EXO
SHINee
BTS
Got7
BtoB
VIXX
Seventeen
CNBlue
NCT
Infinite
B1A4
VIXX
B.A.P
GOT7
MONSTA X
Jeong Jinwoon
Rose Motel
Tei
ASTRO
UP10TION

Special stages
KPop Star X Fantastic Duo stage
Classical Performance Team - Henry, Raina, Benji
Modern Dance Team - N (VIXX), Jimin (BTS), Yein (Lovelyz), Chengxiao (WJSN), Momo, Mina (TWICE)
Rock Stage - CNBlue's Jonghyun and DAY6 Young K
Street Dance Stage - Taemin (SHINee), Jinyoung, Yugyeom (GOT7), Ten (NCT), Seulgi (Red Velvet), YooA (Oh My Girl), Eunjin (DIA), Lisa (BLACKPINK)
Sunny Girls - TAXI (Chengxiao (WJSN), YooA (OMG), Nayoung (gugudan), Eunha (GFriend), Nancy (MOMOLAND)
Uhm Junghwa X T.O.P - DISCO
Rookie special stage with KNK, HALO, SNUPER, ASTRO, SF9, PENTAGON, LABOUM, MOMOLAND, DIA, CLC, gugudan, WJSN.

Yoo Youngjin (SM producer) - NCT x EXO special stage
Teddy (YG producer) - GD X CL X BewhY X Okasian special hip hop stage
Park Jinyoung (JYP~ (whisper)) - SEVENTEEN X GOT7 X TWICE X GFriend hit song remix
Yoon Jonshin (Mystic Entertainment founder) - Kyuhyun (Super Junior) X Eddy Kim X Eunji (Apink) X Yook Sungjae (BTOB) X Kim Sejeong (gugudan) ballad stage
10cm (singer songwriters) - Chanyeol (EXO) X Jihyo (TWICE) X Rosé (BLACKPINK)

2016 KBS Gayo Daechukje

Date 29th December 8:30pm (KST)
t1483014600z0.png

MCs
AOA Seolhyun & Park Bo Gum

Lineup
Taeyeon
Eunji
EXID
AOA
Red Velvet
MAMAMOO
G-Friend
TWICE
IOI

SHINee
INFINITE
CNBLUE
EXO
B.A.P
BTOB
VIXX
BTS
Han Dong Geun
GOT7
MONSTA X
Seventeen
Shinhwa

And more...

Special Stages

TWICE x VIXX
Shinhwa x Seventeen
¿?

MBC 2016 Korean Music Festival (KMF)
tab_3_v2.jpg

Date
31st of December 8:45pm (KST)
t1483188300z0.png

MCs
Girls&#8217; Generation&#8217;s YoonA & Kim Sung Joo

Lineup
AOA
Apink
B1A4
B.A.P
BTOB
BTS
CNBlue
EXID
EXO
GFriend
GOT7
Infinite
MAMAMOO
MONSTA X
Red Velvet
SEVENTEEN
SHINee
Sistar
Taeyeon
TWICE
UP10TION
VIXX

Turbo
Shinhwa
S.E.S

Special Stages

I will try to add info to complete the lineups

Some general news:
Solji has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, EXID will promote as 4 for year end festivals.
None of the 3 main shows will be giving awards this year (thanks for that)
Shinhwa is reportedly in talks to appear in their first end-of-the-year show in nine years (for MBC's KMF).

isuzu

NCT 127_Switch (Feat. SR15B)_Music Video
This comes out of nowhere. Their album is still one of my favourites of this year, definitely several tracks there that could have gotten the single treatment. Fire Truck is indeed one of the weakest form the album, IMO.

They filmed this MV before NCT127 was even a group (Switch was the first SR15B song). Fans knew about its existence but didn't know when SM would drop it, but there it is and LOOK AT JOHNNY gfhkfgdjldgmn

tumblr_oihk21rptQ1vtzx3lo2_500.gif

Eldren

One week for SBS Gayo and they have announced the special performances already:

That street dance stage lineup is solid.

Damn, these look great. In for street dance and modern dance stages, for sure.

I can't believe we're about to reach gayo season already, this year has flown by. Excited for some more special stage announcements.

Pendulum

So many of my current fave dancers.
tumblr_inline_mq4pxg0MQ91qz4rgp.gif

So YooA is on 2 special stages, and there's no OMG on the line up at all? smh SBS.

---

First week of January is getting busy. Already we had WJSN on the 3rd, now AOA on the 2nd and April on the 4th.

---

[MV] Bolbbalgan4 - &#51339;&#45796;&#44256;&#47568;&#54644; (Tell me you like me)

Pendulum

MBC 2016 Korean Music Festival (KMF)
tab_3_v2.jpg

Date
31st of December 8:45pm (KST)
t1483188300z0.png

MCs
Girls’ Generation’s YoonA & Kim Sung Joo

First lineup announcement:
AOA
Apink
B1A4
B.A.P
BTOB
BTS
CNBlue
EXID
EXO
GFriend
GOT7
Infinite
MAMAMOO
MONSTA X
Red Velvet
SEVENTEEN
SHINee
Sistar
Taeyeon
TWICE
UP10TION
VIXX

I've been fixated on Oh My Girl getting a Gayo spot, but where the hell is Wonder Girls? They put out one of the best, and popular, songs this year.

Pendulum

Most watched K-Pop MVs released in 2016 according to YouTube
PSY "Daddy"
TWICE "Cheer Up"
BTS "Fire"
EXO "Monster"
TWICE "TT"
BLACKPINK "BOOMBAYAH"
BTS "Blood, Sweat & Tears"
BLACKPINK "Whistle "
BTS "Save ME"
EXO "Lotto"

Note:
1) "Daddy" was released November 30, 2015. But as the fine print says, they're looking from Nov 24 2015 - Nov 23 2016
2) At the current time, "TT" has surpassed "Monster".

And a big fuck you to all three channels.

tumblr_inline_nnfgbyMJSu1t7myxf_500.gif

Pledis Girlz announces concert on Jan. 6th + to officially start debut countdown & revelation of official group name

I wonder if they are going to axe some mebers before debut or not. Still, hyped for this group. Don't blew it Pledis, plsss.

Fuck yes. 2017 off to the best possible start. Get ready KpopGAF.

So fucking happy to eat crow when it comes to their name. Really thought Pledis had made their (awful) choice. Releasing a single as PG, all the promoting and the logo and everything. Still confident they're not gonna cut any members. Big groups are in these days, and Pledis already knows this as seen with Seventeen. Even if the P101 OT7 are more popular than Seungyeon, Yewon and Kyla, there are still plenty of people that are attached to OT10 by now. They've been promoting all the members for a long time now, with their song, all the mini concerts, vlive sessions, etc. I can't imagine them putting so much effort into OT10, only to cut members before their actual debut. But I was wrong about the name, so I might be again. I hope not, as I do prefer OT10 to OT7.

I suspect I've mentioned this before, but it seems relevant enough right now to bring back up, IF they're gonna cut someone, it'll be Kyla. She's unnecessarily young and she's the worst dancer by far. She'll be a prime target for hate, struggling with dancing, being a little on the chubbier side, and displacing Siyeon, one of the most popular OT7 members, with the most immature fans, as the maknae. If Pledis intends to dabble in a sexy image, her age will be an issue, etc. Aside from her, if I had to pick someone else to be cut it would be Kyungwon. She's pretty, she can sing, dance, compose, etc. She just doesn't stand out in any way compared to the others. Seungyeon and Yewon are way too talented to be cut. The group would still have a strong main vocal in Eunwoo, and great lead vocals, but the loss would be too noticeable.

On a similar note, Sera made an appearance on some kind of Sketchbook-esque TV show recently, chatting and singing a bunch of songs. <3

I miss you Sera. I mean, all of these songs aside from the last one sucks, but you're still the best.

Broank

Street Dance team is stacked af

the lack of Seventeen tho

Seulgi the queen! plus Yooa, Eunjin and Lisa! Dayum! The guys too I guess
those are all the guys that won episodes on hit the stage aren't they?

Yooa getting all these dance stages, one day the other half of Mi-sha will get one too.

ezgif-3794477385w8a9c.gif

mex0rxq6vl6w.jpg

And a big fuck you to all three channels.

So YooA is on 2 special stages, and there's no OMG on the line up at all? smh SBS.

Here's Oh My Girl singing that kpop staple All I Want for Christmas Is You as a consolation.

Kazzy

Was making a music CD for the school I work in (they listen to music at lunch, sometimes fun stuff) since this is the last week before winter break. Was thinking, I mostly only have k-pop these days that is new but maybe they would not be so into it since I'm in Japan. Came into work today and see and hear them dancing to TWICE in the gym for P.E. haha.

Welp now I know its all good.

Nah, there are a lot of people who like it over there. And when they get into something, they really go all out!

It was I lived in Japan that I really got into K-Pop. Watching Kara perform there with that audience, was very eye-opening. I miss going to the Tower Records in Shibuya...sigh.

No worries, I'll be back soon.

Pendulum

Chungha's debuting as a solo artist in the first half of next year. Yes. We don't have to wait while M&H cobbles together a group around her.

llehuty

Chungha's debuting as a solo artist in the first half of next year. Yes. We don't have to wait while M&H cobbles together a group around her.
A christmas miracle. Now I only need them not to market her as the "korean something" and let her do her own thing.

Nah, there are a lot of people who like it over there. And when they get into something, they really go all out!

It was I lived in Japan that I really got into K-Pop. Watching Kara perform there with that audience, was very eye-opening. I miss going to the Tower Records in Shibuya...sigh.

No worries, I'll be back soon.

I meant that more in "they would not know it" type thing, given that when I say I like K-pop, their immediate thought is Kara - Mister... lol. like if it was 10 years ago maybe haha. Though I assume it was the students who chose the song, not the other teachers.

llehuty

Hello Venus and Sonamoo join "January Girl Group Comeback Rush"

Speaking of JGGCR

Gayo updates

SBS will have special performances made by A-llist producers:
Yoo Youngjin (SM producer) - NCT x EXO special stage
Teddy (YG producer) - GD X CL X BewhY X Okasian special hip hop stage
Park Jinyoung (JYP~ (whisper)) - SEVENTEEN X GOT7 X TWICE X GFriend hit song remix
Yoon Jonshin (Mystic Entertainment founder) - Kyuhyun (Super Junior) X Eddy Kim X Eunji (Apink) X Yook Sungjae (BTOB) X Kim Sejeong (gugudan) ballad stage
10cm (singer songwriters) - Chanyeol (EXO) X Jihyo (TWICE) X Rosé (BLACKPINK) acoustic medley of hit songs

MBC will have Turbo, SHINHWA, and S.E.S performing.

First lineup announcement
Thanks, added.

Gayo post updated

Top Bottom