• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Running Man to end permanently in Feb 2017

They had a good run

I guess I'll start watching Knowing Brothers

Lmao.

And just like that a legendary show ends because the people running it are complete total fuckwits with no sense or whatever.

I'm sad RM is ending but at the same time I'm happy the staff is getting their bad karma back in spades.

I'm willing to bet all my money and assets in the world that the show wouldn't have ended if those fuckwits didn't can KJK and SJH like pieces of garbage. When that news came out, that was it... that was the death knell for the show. Ain't no chance in hell they could ever come back especially with the rabid fanbase of the cast.

Gary was pissed as fuck and cleared his Instagram of everything and just posted up a photo of him with KJK and SJH, saying something like "they worked hard" or whatever. Kang Hodong not taking a spot in the show was unsurprising, and furthermore who the hell is gonna want to join a show with a hostile staff and cast?

My one wish for the show, besides a name tag challenge to end it, is for them to bring out a greatest hits of the guests. So bring Gary(if he's willing to come back), Yonghwa, Park Ji-sung, Suzy, or the guests with the most appearances on the show and bring it back to the old days. But I'm pretty sure this is only a wish coz that set is gonna be awkward as hell once they resume filming.

JustinBB7

Lmao.

And just like that a legendary show ends because the people running it are complete total fuckwits with no sense or whatever.

I'm sad RM is ending but at the same time I'm happy the staff is getting their bad karma back in spades.

I'm willing to bet all my money and assets in the world that the show wouldn't have ended if those fuckwits didn't can KJK and SJH like pieces of garbage. When that news came out, that was it... that was the death knell for the show. Ain't no chance in hell they could ever come back especially with the rabid fanbase of the cast.

Gary was pissed as fuck and cleared his Instagram of everything and just posted up a photo of him with KJK and SJH, saying something like "they worked hard" or whatever. Kang Hodong not taking a spot in the show was unsurprising, and furthermore who the hell is gonna want to join a show with a hostile staff and cast?

My one wish for the show, besides a name tag challenge to end it, is for them to bring out a greatest hits of the guests. So bring Gary(if he's willing to come back), Yonghwa, Park Ji-sung, Suzy, or the guests with the most appearances on the show and bring it back to the old days. But I'm pretty sure this is only a wish coz that set is gonna be awkward as hell once they resume filming.

Exactly my thoughts. In a way I'm kinda glad it's ending. I still love the new episodes a lot. They'll always be funny. Purely because of the cast. They don't even need guests either. Last ep proved that again with the bus/disguise mission. Laughed my ass off at Kwangsoo/Kook tricks.

End it on a high note, get Gary back for final ep, and end it with a name tag mission. Maybe some high profile guests that appeared a lot like you said. But the final note should be the core 7. I have all episodes on my hard drives, my favorite show ever. I really hope they can at least have an amazing final episode. They did well with Gary's goodbye (double parter lol) but that was a bit rushed game was I feel. Now they have a few months to prepare the final ep. Gonna be weird without Running Man.

Boss Mog

Running Man to end permanently in Feb 2017

They had a good run

I guess I'll start watching Knowing Brothers

I knew this was gonna happen, I mean they dug themselves into a hole they couldn't get out of. Nobody would've wanted to take KJK and Jihyo places so they were screwed, but they did it to themselves. I love Korean variety shows but I swear the production often seems so amateurish that fuck ups like this are bound to happen. I'm sure they'll just end up making a new similar show down the line and try to get Jaesuk and some of the others on board.

They should give some new MCs a chance though like 75% of Korean variety shows are hosted by either Jaesuk, Hyunmoo, Hodong or Dongyup or some combination thereof. They could also use more women as regular cast members or MC rather than just having a token one that often doesn't do much; I swear Hyunkyung on Happy Together is pretty much window dressing.

Wink machine Eunha for the new page:
RYHvlWQ.gif

Is she wasted? Certainly looks like it.

Also... Where the fuck is BESTie? Did they not release anything this year?

Pendulum

Boss★Moogle;226727067 said:
I'm sure they'll just end up making a new similar show down the line and try to get Jaesuk and some of the others on board.

Jaesuk's now down to his KBS and MBC shows. I think it'll be a couple of years until SBS gets him on another tent-pole show (until then, he'll probably do a mid-tier show for the network (like Same Bed Different Dreams))

BESTie didn't release anything this year. I don't want to put them on my 2017 Disbandment List, but their agency ain't helping.

llehuty

BESTie didn't release anything this year. I don't want to put them on my 2017 Disbandment List, but their agency ain't helping.

BESTie is being pushed aside by their company in favour of their new boyband who they are also promoting terribly. Hopefully the new year will bring a comeback.

llehuty

This gif is killing me:
TICdSUt.gif

[K.A.R.D] 매일 날 위해 노랠 불러줘요~ Oh NaNaNa ♬ ( ENG SUB )
Only first 5 minutes subbed right now.

Jiwoo & J.seph: Music shows (not music). BM: Ah, music shows. That… not yet.
J.seph: We need your help everyone. We want to go on them.

So if fans ask for it, DSP will let them perform? How can DSP so good creating groups and choosing good music. but be so bad in everything else.

Anyway, they have reached 1 million views in less than one week in their official channel, and almost 1.7 million if we count also 1theK's views. They have created a bigger splash than April already, so hopefully DPS gives them a good push for the following releases.

Cuddler

2BiC will comeback on the 21 of December with a new song (probably featuring Kassy), can't wait.
In the meantime they released a song for an hamburger that happen to have their name in Korean (투빅) for Tony Burger:
투빅(2BiC) - 투빅송
probably song of the year and also confirm that they could sing about anything and still release a great song, video is also well done. If you guys happen to be in Korea and want an hamburger and go to Tony Burger please remember to say that you are only there because of 2BiC, thank you.
lol
They also released a video from one of their concerts when they sang a cover of 'sofa' by Crush:
2BiC(투빅) - SOFA cover (original by Crush)
Just so incredibly good.

llehuty

[INFO] Blockberry Creative will debut a new girl group in Aug 2018. Auditions start in Jan.
The massive investment of this company is stunning. They will become one of the big companies (not big 3 level, tho) in record time if it works for them.

‘SBS Gayo Daejun’ is gonna put 91 nugu idols on stage together for an epic mess
there are a total of 91 members. The male idol team will have 42 members of KNK (5 members), HALO (6), SNUPER (6), ASTRO (6), SF9 (9), and PENTAGON (10). The female idol team will have 49 members of LABOUM (6), MOMOLAND (7), DIA (7), CLC (7), gugudan (9), and WJSN (13)
No Oh My Girl is some major bullshit. I have the feeling that I'm not going to enjoy this years gayos as much as the gayos from other years just with the lineup up until this point. Appart from being a dick fest, the female acts announced are so vanilla and predictable.

Well IOI will be at KBS... but that's all. No trace (so far) of Oh My Girl, Brave Girls, Wonder Girls, Dal Shabet, Berry Good, Gain, Hyoseung, Crayon Poop, Grace, Yezi,...
There are some groups I like that will be there like Twice and Gfriend, but they have been everywhere already.

I hope we at least get some killer remixes.

llehuty

^^^^ Jline so OP

XXX - Flight Attendant (승무원) (Official MV)
tumblr_o316a12e9l1qh3vy6o4_400.gif

This hip-hop duo debut was released half a year ago, added to my favourites back then, but for some reason I forgot to post about it.
The duo is composed by rapper Kim Ximya and producer FRNK (and is probably the way to go if you want to google them instead of their duo name).

Their debut album has some really cool experimental beats, it reminds me a bit of Suiyoubi no Campanella in that regard, although the raping is way more agressive. Give it a listen if you are into experimental hip-hop.

Ugh I'm totally into B1A4's latest song that they're promoting. Ever since "In the same place" Jinyoung seems to have found a formula for his productions that works and I live for it. Like OMG's "One step two steps" as well. Ballads that really know to nail that cheesy tempo change and stuff. Not sure how long he can milk this though. Just a shame Baro has to have a rap in it as well.

Conceptor

You should watch Knowing Brothers anyway, it's the best variety show atm.
For sure. I stumbled upon it when I got into IOI a few weeks ago and all the idol group eps (and others) are hilarious. Actually, MAMAMOO's episode just aired and is up on OndemandKr. Gonna be really good. They should have English subs up soon as well.

Gotta check out Golden Tambourine too - go Yoojung!!

JKTrix

Too bad about the mess around Running Man leading up to its ending, but now I know I have a finite amount of episodes to watch when I get back to it. What a show.

Uhyve

I know it's unrealistic but I'm hoping another channel tries to hire the entire cast (including Gary, bonus points for Lizzy). Call it Sprinting People or something, everything that's happened would have to result in good ratings right?

No No Eul

Edit: Best Hyuna sings a song in some kind of miniconcert, she breaks down at the end and starts crying
161216 SWEET REMEDY 북콘서트 '다시, 봄' 문현아 Everything's Alright + TALK 직캠
No idea what she is talking about, but let me just say FUCK YOU STAR EMPIRE!

On a similar note, Sera made an appearance on some kind of Sketchbook-esque TV show recently, chatting and singing a bunch of songs. <3

ryan-ts

I know it's unrealistic but I'm hoping another channel tries to hire the entire cast (including Gary, bonus points for Lizzy). Call it Sprinting People or something, everything that's happened would have to result in good ratings right?

Gary seems like he's done with reality shows and wants to focus on his music. A Running Man reboot probably doesn't work because it was the show's international popularity that seemed to keep it going. Running Man's domestic audience ratings haven't been good for years.

RedEther

I'm glad I got to see BP's first and last appearance on running man.

As for RM I hope they bring back everyone for the last episode, It would be a good send off to have all 8 members for the finale.

llehuty

WJSN (Cosmic Girls) - Secret (Nugu Who? Remix)
BANGER. We need this type of bold remixes in Gayos.

K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa (Nugu Who? Remix)
I have been listening to the original non stop since release, so I don't know if I can properly judge this. I don't like it as much as his other remixes.

&#51060;&#45804;&#51032; &#49548;&#45376;/&#54788;&#51652; (LOO&#928;&#916;/HyunJin) "&#45796;&#45376;&#44032;&#50836;/Around You (100% Real Live)"
Not the most vocally talented, but at least she knows how to play the piano and sing at the same time.

I don't know what they keep trying, Miracles in December was obviously a fluke.

llehuty

Speaking of wanting a good song, first WJSN images for their comeback on Jan 3rd.

LMAO. They have potenial, but they should stop trying to be Lovelyz 2.0 and bring something fresh to the table. It's already hard getting into the group when half of the members are filler, at least deliver on the music side of things.

Hmmm, some of the sets are very reminiscent of some of their previous MVs. Not sure if that's what they were going for, but some of them look like they are from LIE, Up & Down or Every Night. i like how some of them were obviously having fun during the recording, including glorious Solji.

Oh well, with Starship you never know. They have a bunch of mediocre songs then suddenly they come out with a jam. Like with Monsta X, and Sistar/Hyorin comebacks are also a gamble every time.
But it's true that they're pushing this weird spacey image with wsjn, it's kinda charming but then the songs don't really stand out.

Was making a music CD for the school I work in (they listen to music at lunch, sometimes fun stuff) since this is the last week before winter break. Was thinking, I mostly only have k-pop these days that is new but maybe they would not be so into it since I'm in Japan. Came into work today and see and hear them dancing to TWICE in the gym for P.E. haha.

Welp now I know its all good.

llehuty

Was making a music CD for the school I work in (they listen to music at lunch, sometimes fun stuff) since this is the last week before winter break. Was thinking, I mostly only have k-pop these days that is new but maybe they would not be so into it since I'm in Japan. Came into work today and see and hear them dancing to TWICE in the gym for P.E. haha.

Welp now I know its all good.

tumblr_nrcmvmBQAQ1u0b1tuo4_400.gif

The power of J-line

Top Bottom