• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Oh wow things just got juicy.

Initially it didn't make sense to me why they didn't leave with Gary but thinking about it, them hoes be loyal so I'm guessing they didn't want to stress out the cast and production crew by having 3 people leave.

If that is the case then goddamn, so much for loyalty right?

llehuty

A lot of effort is going into this debut, and I've never even heard of their agency (Blockberry Creative) before. Who is funding this?
Apparently they are a subdivision of Polaris, but yeah, their funding is a big question mark. They still 9 debuts to go, maybe some of the members are rich or something?

Pendulum

Apparently they are a subdivision of Polaris, but yeah, their funding is a big question mark. They still 9 debuts to go, maybe some of the members are rich or something?

Ah, ok, well, when you consider Polaris' company ties and financial (investigation) history...

Pendulum

myB, who debuted in August last year, have been disbanded. Their agency will start a new girl group with ex-members Moonhee and Hayoon.

No No Eul

The songs aren't as good as their previous releases IMO but the MVs look as glorious as ever. (I'm sure there must be some parallel that can be drawn between Polaris' military contracts, Loona's massive budget, and the imagery of Haseul firing a huge diamond at a harmless bird.)

Also, Haseul totally reminds me of Best Hyuna at certain angles.

Someone should invest money in that group just to tell them to stop using that edgy spelling with the symbols.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit try-hard at first, but everything about this group is so on point from a visual design and cinematography point of view that I feel like they've earned the right to use whatever ridiculous spelling they like.

Pendulum

Well, here we go.
SM C&C Statement:
Hello this is Kang Ho Dong's agency SM C&C
As was reported yesterday morning, it is true that Kang Ho Dong received an offer to join Running Man Season 2 and after much consideration decided to accept. However, with all the events that have occurred since then, we have realized that Kang Ho Dong's decision to join the show is currently a situation that is very burdensome. We would like to relay our position.
We do not know all of the details of the situations, but we don't want the casting of Kang Ho Dong to inconvenience any of the viewers. With that, we are sorry but we will now politely decline this offer.
To all the fans who love Running Man, and to all of SBS, we apologize for creating confusion and bow our heads in apology. We are sorry.
Stick a fork in it. Let Running Man RIP. Friends will be missed.
Got no faith in these new PDs.

llehuty

Edit: Betan by the pendulum :p
[Breaking] It looks like Kang Ho Dong has ultimately declined the offer to join Running Man
Well damn, probably a good move since the new era is probably going to tank hard, but still... ballsy move.

_______

In other news, JYP will send one trainee to Produce 201 (and there is a high chance he will pull a Somi, since YG and SM aren't sending trainees). And Sixteen 2 will be for a boy group and planned for the 2nd half of 2017. #CancelMnet

myB, who debuted in August last year, have been disbanded. Their agency will start a new girl group with ex-members Moonhee and Hayoon.

Noooooooo, they were fantastic. Their 2 releases were the right amount of catchy/cute.

isuzu

Holy fuck today was intense. Over 40k people on the queue to buy BTS tickets and the hall only has 7k seats. I got mine but it took me 6 hours fighting with their shitty website.
LtNVbLY.gif

ramyeon

Running Man should have ended ages ago and gone out on a high note. They didn't know when to stop and now it's all gone to shit.

Running Man should have ended ages ago and gone out on a high note. They didn't know when to stop and now it's all gone to shit.

They had so many fun games and moments that they refused to go back to which led to so many mundane episodes. When they focused on the tag elimination it was so tense but enjoyable to watch.

Kazzy

My previous resolution of trying to post more on GAF (this thread mainly), and going even deeper on K-pop kind of just stumbled and died in a ditch somewhere. Anyway, enough of how much I failed!

I've asked before, I'll ask again, so I'm asking now - What have I missed from October - December!

llehuty has always chipped in a great summary of material whenever I've shamefully asked this question before, so thanks for always doing that! It's probably the thing that will eventually always pull me back into the thread, in some form or fashion.

Other communities you feel like once you're gone, that's it. Here is among the easiest to slip back into, even after such a long absence. My crazy work schedule I've had in Korea doesn't help, so it's weirdly comforting to know I can come (crawl) back. So thanks for that!

Too much talking for someone who has registered such little presence in here, so back to it!

broz0rs

That Golden Tambourine show was fun to watch. It reminded me of Lip Sync Battle but with dancing, cosplay, and pre-recorded vocals. It has the same festive vibe as well.

llehuty

I've asked before, I'll ask again, so I'm asking now - What have I missed from October - December!
All right! I don't remember what are you into, so I will just post general highlights:

The "you have to check this" list:
I.O.I(아이오아이) _ Very Very Very(너무너무너무)
TWICE(트와이스) "TT(티티)"
(Debut) K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa
베리굿 (Berry Good) - 안 믿을래 (Don't believe)
Ailee(에일리) _ Home (Feat. Yoonmirae(윤미래))
A.DE (에이디이) - Good Time
TAEYEON 태연_11:11
BLACKPINK - '불장난 (PLAYING WITH FIRE)' M/V
SHINee 샤이니_1 of 1
SHINee 샤이니_Tell Me What To Do
마마무 (MAMAMOO) - Décalcomanie (데칼코마니)
SISTAR(씨스타), Giorgio Moroder _ One More Day
방탄소년단 (BTS) ‘피 땀 눈물 (Blood Sweat & Tears)’
그레이스 (Grace) - Trick or Treat (TOT)
Hoody (후디) - By Your Side (Feat. Jinbo)
다비치 (DAVICHI) - 내 옆에 그대인 걸 (Beside me)
레이디스 코드 (LADIES' CODE) 더 레인(The Rain)
(Debut) 이달의 소녀/희진 (LOOΠΔ/HeeJin) "ViViD"
(Debut) 이달의 소녀/희진, 현진 (LOOΠΔ/HeeJin, HyunJin) "I'll Be There"

The "this is decent" list:
BIGBANG - ‘에라 모르겠다(FXXK IT)’
EXO-CBX (첸백시)_Hey Mama!
Cosmic Girl(코스믹걸) _ Don't You Worry 'bout Me (Feat. San E)
백퍼센트(100%)_지독하게 (Better Day)
ASTRO 아스트로 - 고백(Confession)
SNUPER(스누퍼) _ It's raining
몬스타엑스 (MONSTA X) _ Fighter
헤이즈 (Heize) - 저 별 (Star)
(Debut) H.U.B - 우리가 함께한 시간
(Debut) 이달의 소녀/하슬 (LOOΠΔ/HaSeul) "소년, 소녀 (Let Me In)"
(Debut) I'M(아임) _ Try

The "posting exclusively because they are big names/hits" list
BIGBANG - ‘LAST DANCE’
BLACKPINK - 'STAY'
JESSICA (제시카) - WONDERLAND
세정 (구구단) (SEJEONG (gugudan)) - 꽃길 (Prod. By 지코 (ZICO)) (Flower Way (Prod. By ZICO))

The "somehow I missed this mess when it got released, so I will get this chance to post it and make it appear on No No Eul's playlist" list:
(Debut) SIXTH SENSE(식스센스) Feel Me Music Video

Welp, these posts always end up being longer than what I expect... lol.

Pendulum

Well, that's it. Running Man is being cancelled. Final episode airs first week of January.

End of a variety classic with an ungracious and undeserved finish.

Edit: SBS says it's a "misunderstanding". They are reviewing options.

I'll unstrike when it gets confirmed :p

Well, that's it. Running Man is being cancelled. Final episode airs first week of January.

End of a variety classic with an ungracious and undeserved finish.

Edit: SBS says it's a "misunderstanding". They are reviewing options.

I'll unstrike when it gets confirmed :p

LMAO, just end it, the damage is already done.

End of an era indeed.

Dreamcatcher dance practice 2.

I wasn't really into the song before I heard it live, and now I love it. Sejeong really is too good for this world. I don't doubt she'll be able to carry Gugudan on her back if necessary. I'm not sure it'll come to that though. Sure, Wonderland was a misstep, but Jellyfish seems to be slightly capable judging by Vixx' above average output, and I expect better songs for Gugudan in the future. Also, based on their show, I like the other members as well. Nayoung and Mina should be known entities here, and I've got my eye on Mimi and Hana as well.

In other Sejeong related news, she needs to watch her diet before performances.

llehuty

WAITINGROOM LIVE: K.A.R.D(카드)_The Debut of K.A.R.D, live party!_Oh Na Na(오 나나)
I think is a major misstep by DSP not having them promoting in music shows, but I guess they had to do something after several correct decissions in a row.

Edit: Let's enjoy this Somin fancam in the meantime.

Taeyeon 11:11 (9999 remix)

Running Man to end permanently in Feb 2017

They had a good run

I guess I'll start watching Knowing Brothers

Hmmm, does anyone know if the chinese version gets subs and if it's any good?

No No Eul

Apparently the new group is to be called Bonus Baby...

The "somehow I missed this mess when it got released, so I will get this chance to post it and make it appear on No No Eul's playlist" list:
(Debut) SIXTH SENSE(식스센스) Feel Me Music Video

ISWYDT :p

Wow, what a mess. On the one hand, it's good that SBS has decided to let Ji Hyo and Jong Kook back for the final episodes. On the other hand, it makes SBS look even more incompetent than before, like it's not even capable of firing somebody, let alone doing it with any kind of respect or dignity.

WAITINGROOM LIVE: K.A.R.D(카드)_The Debut of K.A.R.D, live party!_Oh Na Na(오 나나)
I think is a major misstep by DSP not having them promoting in music shows, but I guess they had to do something after several correct decissions in a row.

Wait, what? Seriously? Fucking DSP.

Loving these clips, but will their debut live up to this kind of choreo?

I wasn't really into the song before I heard it live, and now I love it. Sejeong really is too good for this world. I don't doubt she'll be able to carry Gugudan on her back if necessary. I'm not sure it'll come to that though. Sure, Wonderland was a misstep, but Jellyfish seems to be slightly capable judging by Vixx' above average output, and I expect better songs for Gugudan in the future. Also, based on their show, I like the other members as well. Nayoung and Mina should be known entities here, and I've got my eye on Mimi and Hana as well.

In other Sejeong related news, she needs to watch her diet before performances.

I feel the same way, her presentation really brings it to life. I've grown to like it after watching a few performances. The emotion she puts in really compliments the production, I must admit. Still I'd love to see her slay a ballad that's up there with some of Davichi's best for example.

Top Bottom