• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
b5XJIUk.jpg

YIYXlx4.jpg
L84BIZ7.jpg

Release Date: May 23rd, 2013 (JPN)
Platform: Playstation 3
Price: 7,480Y (Regular Edition), 10,480Y (Premium TV Sound Edition)
# of Players: 1
Genre: Action/Musou/Bike Action
Publisher: Namco-Bandai Games

Overview:

Kamen Rider: Battride War is an action/beat 'em up/musou game featuring characters from the long-running Kamen Rider television franchise.

Game Modes:

Chronicle Mode: Chronicle Mode is the main "story mode" of Battride War. Players will take control of various Riders and relive well-known moments from each of their respective series, as well as play through an original story, in which an unknown malevolent force has robbed the Riders of their memories, and Kamen Rider Wizard must set out to help the Riders regain them.

Rider Road Mode: In this mode, players will undertake various missions in order to raise their stats and unlock equippable figures, which grant various skills.

Free Mission Mode: Re-play stages with any Rider you choose. If you've played Dynasty Warriors games, you'll know what this is.

Shop: Players can buy gallery items, figures, and BGM with points accumulated through playing the other modes.

Playable Characters (Credit to Thunder 025 on Henshin Justice for this list):

Free Form Change
Attack Only
Power Up (Timed)

Kamen Rider Kuuga
Mighty Form (Rising)
Dragon Form (Rising)
Pegasus Form (Rising)
Titan Form (Rising)
Amazing Mighty Form
Ultimate Form
Bike: TryChaser 2000 (All Forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Agito
Ground Form
Flame Form
Storm Form
Trinity Form
Shining Form
Burning Form
Bike: Machine Tornader

Kamen Rider Ryuki
Main Form
Survive Mode
Bike: RideShooter (Main Form), Dragranzer (Survive Mode)

Kamen Rider Faiz
Main Form
Axel Form (10 sec use)
Blaster Form
Bike: AutoVajin (Main and Blaster Form can use it)

Kamen Rider Blade
Ace Form
King Form
Bike: Blue Spader (Ace and King Form can use it)

Kamen Rider Hibiki
Main Form
Hibiki Kurenai
Hibiki Soukou (Armed Hibiki)
Bike: Gaika (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Kabuto
Masked Form
Rider Form
Hyper Form
Bike: Kabuto Extender (All forms chan use it)

Kamen Rider Den-O
Sword Form
Rod Form
Ax Form
Gun Form
Liner Form
Climax Form
Bike: Machine DenBird (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Kiva
Kiva Form
Garulu Form
Basshaa Form
Dogga Form
DoGaBaKi Form
Emperor Form
Bike: Machine Kivar (Only Kiva and Emperor Form can use it) (?)

Kamen Rider Decade
Decade
Complete Form
Bike: Machine Decader (Decade and Complete form can use it)

Kamen Rider W
CycloneJoker
CycloneTrigger
CycloneMetal
HeatMetal
HeatJoker
HeatTrigger
LunaTrigger
LunaJoker
LunaMetal
FangJoker (standalone character) (?)
CycloneJokerXtreme
Bike: Machine HardBoilder (CycloneJoker, HeatMetal, LunaTrigger and CJX can use it)

Kamen Rider Accel
Accel
Accel Booster
Accel Trial
Bike: Bike Mode (Main form only)

Kamen Rider OOO
Tatoba Combo
Gatakiriba Combo
Latorartar Combo
Sagohzo Combo
Tajadol Combo
Shauta Combo
Putotyra Combo
Bike: Ride Vendor (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Birth
Birth
Birth-Day
Bike: Ride Vendor

Kamen Rider Fourze
Base States
Elek States
Fire States
Magnet States
Cosmic States
Bike: Machine Masshigler (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Meteor
Meteor
Bike: Machine MeteorStar

Kamen Rider Wizard
Flame Style
Water Style
Hurricane Style
Land Style
Flame Dragon (???)
Water Dragon (???)
Hurricane Dragon (???)
Land Dragon (???)
All Dragon
Infinity Style (DLC-only with no transformation required)
Bike: Machine Winger (All Styles can use it)

Kamen Rider Beast
Beast
Beast Hyper (DLC-only with no transformation required)
Bike: None (uses Falco Mantle instead)

Premium TV Sound Edition:

The Premium TV Sound Edition of Battride War contains 30 songs from through the franchise's history that players can set as BGM during gameplay.

(I also made a Youtube playlist containing all the songs that are in the PTSE. It can be found here)

■『プレミアムTVサウンドエディション』収録曲

●『仮面ライダークウガ』
 『仮面ライダークウガ!』田中昌之
 『戦士』佐橋俊彦

●『仮面ライダーアギト』
 『仮面ライダーAGITO』石原慎一
 『DEEP BREATH』RIDER CHIPS Featuring ROLLY

●『仮面ライダー龍騎』
 『Alive A life』松本梨香
 『果てなき希望(いのち)』きただにひろし

●『仮面ライダー555』
 『Justiφ‘s』ISSA
 『The people with no name』RIDER CHIPS Featuring m.c.A・T

●『仮面ライダー剣』
 『Round ZERO~BLADE BRAVE』相川七瀬
 『ELEMENTS』RIDER CHIPS Featuring Ricky

●『仮面ライダー響鬼』
 『輝(かがやき)』佐橋俊彦
 『少年よ』布施明

●『仮面ライダーカブト』
 『NEXT LEVEL』YU-KI(TRF)
 『FULL FORCE』RIDER CHIPS

●『仮面ライダー電王』
 『Climax Jump』AAA DEN-O form
 『Double-Action』野上良太郎&モモタロス(C.V.佐藤健&関俊彦)

●『仮面ライダーキバ』
 『Break the Chain』Tourbillon
 『Supernova』TETRA-FANG

●『仮面ライダーディケイド』
 『Journey through the Decade』Gackt
 『DECADE』鳴瀬シュウヘイ、中川幸太郎
 『Ride the Wind』門矢士(C.V.井上正大)

●『仮面ライダーW』
 『W-B-X~W-Boiled Extreme~』上木彩矢 w TAKUYA
 『Extreme Dream』Labor Day

●『仮面ライダーオーズ/OOO』
 『Anything Goes!』大黒摩季
 『Time judged all』火野映司×アンク(C.V.渡部秀・三浦涼介)

●『仮面ライダーフォーゼ』
 『Switch On!』土屋アンナ
 『ENDLESS PLAY』Astronauts feat.SHIINA

●『仮面ライダーウィザード』
 『Life is SHOW TIME』鬼龍院翔 from ゴールデンボンバー
 『Just The Beginning』KAMEN RIDER GIRLS
 『BEASTBITE』RIDER CHIPS

Screenshots:

Trailers:
Launch trailer
Promotional trailer

Websites:
Official Site
Dengeki Site

Reviews:
9/8/8/8 (33/40) - Famitsu

Sophia

Really wish I had the $100 to spend on the Premium TV Sound Edition. ;_;

Oh well, there's always watching gameplay on YouTube.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Really wish I had the $100 to spend on the Premium TV Sound Edition. ;_;

Oh well, there's always watching gameplay on YouTube.

I sold my entire Magic: The Gathering collection and my copy of Gundam EXVS specifically to get the Premium TV Sound Edition.

That's how bad I want this game. :lol

Sophia

I sold my entire Magic: The Gathering collection and my copy of Gundam EXVS specifically to get the Premium TV Sound Edition.

That's how bad I want this game. :lol

I don't think I'm quite that hooked on Kamen Rider to go to such extremes yet. A few more years and maybe a Battrider War 2 and I bet I will be however...

shaowebb

Seraphis do you know yet if the custom soundtrack option is available only on premium sound edition or all editions yet? Also does it just let you pick tracks on disc for stages like Warriors Orochi or does it let you use songs from your playstation?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Where can one import this?

Man I only care about like 2 Riders

AmiAmi is the cheapest, but they're sold out of the Regular Edition at the moment. CDJapan and Play-Asia are also good choices.

final form for wizard and beast are dlc only?

the fuck.

They're free DLC, though. Infinity Wizard is June 6th, Hyper Beast is June 20th.

Seraphis do you know yet if the custom soundtrack option is available only on premium sound edition or all editions yet? Also does it just let you pick tracks on disc for stages like Warriors Orochi or does it let you use songs from your playstation?

It SEEMS like it's only in the PTSE. And it also seems like it's just on-disc stuff. But we'll have to wait for release to know for sure.

gah... i kinda want... but I generally dislike musou...

And kamen rider games tend to have those long ass uncancelable animations for special moves...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Translation of the Famitsu review, courtesy of Quantum Wolf on Rangerboard (note that this review is specifically of the Premium TV Sound Edition):

Play time to clear storyline: 13 hours
Replay value: 40 hours

9: Rider's feels & motions are very fixatedly created. Just by playing as the rider you like, the mood gets so uplifted. However, weak enemies and frequently used maps are concerning. Growth & collection features are abundant. Custom Soundtrack setting is also detailed & very good.

8: The Heisei Riders' reproductions are superb, and the forms are also fulfilling. Chronicle Mode is exciting. There are many missions associated to certain riders which is also good. It'd be better to have more variety in mission contents & objectives. The ability to freely set BGM is very good.

8: Beautiful graphics & Cool performance. All Heisei Riders gathered & playable made tears of joy wept. The bike actions & re-enactions of famous battles are also satisfying. They did well enough in getting the voice actors. However many stages are quite similar which is a bit disappointing.

8: The characters talk a lot. Fans would be excited with the Riders saying their famous quotes. As an action game there's not much originality here, but the forms are abundant and the game pace can be enjoyed well.

Seems there's a bit of a problem with the stages being re-used often and enemy grunts not being very challenging. So basically, it's a musou game. :lol I don't think anyone was expecting anything different.

Also I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that "Replay value" part. It's very likely just an estimate. Especially if you're a trophy hunter, I'd expect it to take you much longer than 40 hours to get everything.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm p-r-e-t-t-y disappointed in no playable Zeronos, but atleast he appears in cutscenes.

So, this game is like 100$ to import right now, do you think it'll get cheaper to import? I'll probably do so once people make some translation FAQs for it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Subscribed, first Musou game I'll actually own...and at long last SHONEN YO MADE THE CUT!

Because nobody likes Hajimari no Kimi e. :lol Seriously, remember when they were releasing those CDs with Shuhei Naruse/Rider Chips remixes of all the Heisei era OPs? They used Shonen Yo for Hibiki instead of Hajimari. Plus Kagayaki is infinitely superior as an OP.

I'm p-r-e-t-t-y disappointed in no playable Zeronos, but atleast he appears in cutscenes.

So, this game is like 100$ to import right now, do you think it'll get cheaper to import? I'll probably do so once people make some translation FAQs for it.

Yeah, it'll get cheaper, I'm sure. But if you just want the Regular Edition, you can get it for $70-85 from AmiAmi, depending on your shipping option. That is, if they ever restock the Regular Edition. They're sold out at the moment.

Because nobody likes Hajimari no Kimi e. :lol Seriously, remember when they were releasing those CDs with Shuhei Naruse/Rider Chips remixes of all the Heisei era OPs? They used Shonen Yo for Hibiki instead of Hajimari. Plus Kagayaki is infinitely superior as an OP.

Ah, thought you weren't a fan of Shonen Yo when they announced the remixed OPs, only reason why I said that...and yea, Kagayaki is great, though I never finished Hibiki.

Sophia

uuugh, even at 40 hours that's a good replay value. I'm tempted just to buckle up and get the regular edition.

Yeah, it'll get cheaper, I'm sure. But if you just want the Regular Edition, you can get it for $70-85 from AmiAmi, depending on your shipping option. That is, if they ever restock the Regular Edition. They're sold out at the moment.

Play-Asia shows it in stock with free shipping for the Regular edition.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just wanted to throw in a couple pictures showing that Decade can freely Kamenride during battle. I wasn't sure they'd go this route, but I'm glad they did.

5BniKAa.jpg

f8U7jBQ.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If Decade can Kamenride, how will he be limited? Otherwise you can just pick him and have everyone under one player.

Well, for one, I don't think Decade can use their ultimate forms. Also I believe the article says that he'll still fight just like he does when in Decade form, he'll just have one specific special move from the Rider he's Kamenride'd into.

Also, ANOTHER Dengeki update already. It covers:

- Infinity Wizard and Hyper Beast DLC
- Agito
- Birth
- Meteor
- Fang Joker (confirmed as a separate character)
- Free Mission mode

Some screens:

Watch Da Birdie

There's a pretty strong chance of a sequel, right? One Piece and FOTN Musou got it and, with Kamen Rider, they'll have at least 2 new Riders (main and secondary) each year plus tons of backlog, even excluding Showa.

I kind of wish they would've gone ahead and gave us two Riders per series (except Kuuga) though to start with...throw in G3, Knight, Kaixa, Garren, who ever's considered Hibiki's main second, Gatack, Zeronos, IXA, and Diend.

By the way, is it Gotou or Date in Birth?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's a pretty strong chance of a sequel, right? One Piece and FOTN Musou got it and, with Kamen Rider, they'll have at least 2 new Riders (main and secondary) each year plus tons of backlog, even excluding Showa.

I kind of wish they would've gone ahead and gave us two Riders per series (except Kuuga) though to start with...throw in G3, Knight, Kaixa, Garren, who ever's considered Hibiki's main second, Gatack, Zeronos, IXA, and Diend.

By the way, is it Gotou or Date in Birth?

Date.

And yeah, pretty good chance of a sequel.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, further info about Decade's Kamenrides. Apparently he can only bring three cards into a stage. So you can't just transform into ANYONE at any time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so we've gotten what I assume is our final returning voice actor update on the blog. It's basically a run-down of all the other returning VAs that haven't been mentioned thus far (aside from Gentaro and Haruto, since they're kinda obvious). Mostly minor roles, but there's a few big ones in there (for example, I believe this is the first time Odin's VA has returned to the role):

El of the Water: Yanada Kiyoyuki
Kamen Rider Odin: Koyama Tsuyoshi
Albinoleo Imagin: Kuroda Takaya
Reborn Bat Fangire: Sakai Keikou
Momotaros: Seki Toshihiko
Urataros: Yusa Koji
Kintaros: Terasoma Masaki
Ryutaros: Suzumura Kenichi
Teddy: Ono Daisuke
Kivat-bat II & Kivat-bat III: Sugita Tomozaku
Tatsulot: Ishida Akira
Kiva-la: Sawashiro Miyuki

shaowebb

Okay, further info about Decade's Kamenrides. Apparently he can only bring three cards into a stage. So you can't just transform into ANYONE at any time.

So it turns into Warriors Orochi style team building, but with only 1 health bar?
I'm cool with this!

Plus apparently Fang/Joker has Jump cancels and a damage buff ability. Apparently he is a fast character they say is easy to use. Jump Cancels make me think of the stuff in Chou Climax Heroes and it gets me pumped. Also it sounds like Burning Agito may just be a temporary buff state and not a form change. Not certain though. Here's a pic.
wbZXVtK.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

Okay, so we've gotten what I assume is our final returning voice actor update on the blog. It's basically a run-down of all the other returning VAs that haven't been mentioned thus far (aside from Gentaro and Haruto, since they're kinda obvious). Mostly minor roles, but there's a few big ones in there (for example, I believe this is the first time Odin's VA has returned to the role):

El of the Water: Yanada Kiyoyuki
Kamen Rider Odin: Koyama Tsuyoshi
Albinoleo Imagin: Kuroda Takaya
Reborn Bat Fangire: Sakai Keikou
Momotaros: Seki Toshihiko
Urataros: Yusa Koji
Kintaros: Terasoma Masaki
Ryutaros: Suzumura Kenichi
Teddy: Ono Daisuke
Kivat-bat II & Kivat-bat III: Sugita Tomozaku
Tatsulot: Ishida Akira
Kiva-la: Sawashiro Miyuki

BYUN BYUN! I love Tatsulot. :)

But no Deneb? :/

probably because Zeronos isn't playable or his presence is simply limited to just being the Denebick Buster. They could probably just recycle lines for that.

Top Bottom