• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

I whipped up a single cover:

Click the picture for an audio rip from the video featuring zero Fergie.

Oddly, Elton John's name is not in the video, despite being credited as "Additional Vocals" in the album notes.

Dartastic

What happened to this record? Did they realize that maybe it's not as good as it should be after so many people disliked HAM?

Korey

Still waiting for the Monster video to drop..................................................................

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
There has been no info to my knowledge. Ye has fallen off the map after his album dropped.
Yeezys doing guest appearances, and teaching bieber how to produce...

...I still want this to happen, H.A.M. has grown on me :'( Beat and Kanyes verse especially. I love the Eli line.

Dartastic

I'm just finding it weird because like, they put out a single, people were hyping the album, it had a supposedly "concrete" release date, then nothing. NOTHING. The date for the album passes and still not a peep.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dartastic said:
I'm just finding it weird because like, they put out a single, people were hyping the album, it had a supposedly "concrete" release date, then nothing. NOTHING. The date for the album passes and still not a peep.
I wonder what label it's on. Def Jam right now is probably telling Ye that he fucked up with his massive budgets, but then again Jay is top of the food chain at Roc Nation. Makes you think, Jay is done with his book promotion, Kanye isn't touring, recording outside of small shit for his team, or anything, so what is the god damn hold up? MBDTF and GOOD Fridays were hype as shit and then crickets.

Oozer3993

They supposedly filmed the video for H.A.M. today in South Africa. And the Monster video is apparently alive somewhere because MTV said they are waiting on an edited version so they can show it.

Kanye cost Def Jam a lot of money so they're not happy, Jay is afraid of failure and HAM flopping is making him hesitant to continue.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oozer3993 said:
They supposedly filmed the video for H.A.M. today in South Africa. And the Monster video is apparently alive somewhere because MTV said they are waiting on an edited version so they can show it.
Oozer again with the godlike sources that he never names that paint the hope.

I fear PhoenixDark's scenario is a probably one in the long term too though :(

Equus Bellator Apex

PhoenixDark said:
Kanye cost Def Jam a lot of money so they're not happy, Jay is afraid of failure and HAM flopping is making him hesitant to continue.
Well, at least your consistent.

enzo_gt said:
Oozer again with the godlike sources that he never names that paint the hope.

I fear PhoenixDark's scenario is a probably one in the long term too though :(

Go to kanyetothe.com

also don't mind ponenixdark I think he's beanie sigel's nephew or somthing. ;-)

Not hyped for this project at all after being fed the poor bacon that is HAM.

Bring me a That's My Bitch tier track and I will play the rabid Kanye-stan game again and buy an arcade stick just for it.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Yeezys doing guest appearances, and teaching bieber how to produce...

...I still want this to happen, H.A.M. has grown on me :'( Beat and Kanyes verse especially. I love the Eli line.

You're pulling my leg.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Fucking with bieber, man....the gap between Kanye the artist and Kanye the dude is just.....unbelievable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Fucking with bieber, man....the gap between Kanye the artist and Kanye the dude is just.....unbelievable.
Eh? Kanye the man is the same as the music persina. Dude rolls with how he feels first, above everything. And has pretty notably dabbled in genre mixing.

Kanye loves new talent too, he fucks with Soulja boy and also got him to take a shot at producing Chain Heavy. He was also about to go on tour with GaGa too, remember? Pretty open minded overall. Oh and he likes Lil B too.

Swag

Wasn't this supposed to be released beginning of March?

I hope that summer album he mentioned isn't supposed to be Watch the Throne, fuuuuck that's so far away

Hellion

I paid for those titties, get your own / It ain't safe in the city, Watch The Throne
^

thats a line from Big Pun, Right?

I just read that the formerly announced Jack White and Jay-Z collaboration now also features Kanye West and may be a track on Watch The Throne. If this comes to fruition I will be psyched beyond belief.

wenis said:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/...whites-collaboration-now-features-kanye-west/

The news that Jack White and Jay-Z had recorded a song together was straight from Jack himself. He's mentioned it a few times and had talked about how great it came out but that they didn't know what they were going to do with it. I'm assuming they just gave Kanye a verse on it so they can throw it on Watch the Throne. I hope it does indeed get included. Been waiting to hear this since Jack first mentioned it.

There's all sorts of cool little things between Jay-Z and Jack White. I think it was at Bonaroo last summer that The Dead Weather were playing on one stage and Jay-Z was on another, and Jay-Z yelled, "Jack White, I see you boy!" into the mic. There's also footage on Youtube of Jay-Z performing and the members of The Dead Weather hanging out in the background watching.

Mau ®

I think what Phoenix means is Def Jam expected better sales for MBDTF and there's hasnt really been a hit single off it either. That album must've been hella expensive too.

But then again, Kanye could make a killing when he tours. After that Coachella performance, his live rep is at an all-time high.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
HAM is being forgotten about. A new single, called "Lift Off" and featuring Beyonce and Bruno Mars, is coming soon. It is the first song on the album, and is produced by Kanye West and his long time collaborator Jeffrey Bhasker.

Also, the album is apparently close to completion, per producer/engineer Mike Dean who claimed to be mixing the entire album 3 weeks ago.

Good. H.A.M.'s beat is ok... but it lyrically falls well below what Kanye and Jay are capable of. When I first heard about Watch the Throne I thought both of them would really go all out but instead it was really lazy.

Recon

Banned
inthezone said:
I think what Phoenix means is Def Jam expected better sales for MBDTF and there's hasnt really been a hit single off it either. That album must've been hella expensive too.

But then again, Kanye could make a killing when he tours. After that Coachella performance, his live rep is at an all-time high.

Kanye's live rep was solidified after his Glow In the Dark Tour.

DominoKid

this album needs to be done (well, mind you) ASAP!

then throw a Jay & Kanye world tour. sellouts from Taiwan to Texas. easy fuckin money.

Jay can bring alone his shitty Roc Nation acts and Kanye can bring all those GOOD Music weedcarriers to build them up a little.*

easy fuckin money

*NOTE: I actually like Roc Nation and GOOD Music artists.

Recon

Banned
DominoKid said:
this album needs to be done (well, mind you) ASAP!

then throw a Jay & Kanye world tour. sellouts from Taiwan to Texas. easy fuckin money.

Jay can bring alone his shitty Roc Nation acts and Kanye can bring all those GOOD Music weedcarriers to build them up a little.*

easy fuckin money

*NOTE: I actually like Roc Nation and GOOD Music artists.

Watch the Throne tour with J.Cole and Kid Cudi as openers would be fucking amazing,

Beyonce and Bruno Mars. My interest in this album continues to fall. At this point I wonder if the Pete Rock/Q-Tip stuff is going to be shelved so they can put together a bunch of pop rap hits.

I would love a hip-hop album, that used only real instruments, meaning a live band in the studio. No more drum machines, or synthetic music. Come on Kanye, make it happen.

Tokubetsu

PhoenixDark said:
Beyonce and Bruno Mars. My interest in this album continues to fall. At this point I wonder if the Pete Rock/Q-Tip stuff is going to be shelved so they can put together a bunch of pop rap hits.

Don't even kid yourself man, you already know that's exactly what they're doing.

Equus Bellator Apex

Why bump?

PhoenixDark said:

At least your consistent....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Don't even kid yourself man, you already know that's exactly what they're doing.
Goblin? Perhaps a ghoul, or maybe a zombie with no conscience?

I've heard of this Lift off track replacing H.A.M. too. Sounds too sombre for my tastes. Bruno Mars sucks hard and Beyonce on the track means it's immediately pop-centric. I want that That's My Bitch shit, tracks that go hard out of this. H.A.M. has grown on me, and definitely seems to sound better when performed at concerts, but still.

Mike Dean and Young Guru echoed in the past few weeks that it's pretty much all in Kanye's hands, plus there was that picture of Yeezy with the laptop and Jay going in to work on finishing the album. Working up buzz again for this won't be that hard considering the two people we're talking about here, and I'm sure the music will deliver.. but that's only if it ever comes out or if Kanye keeps reworking it indefinitely. Which is my biggest worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom