• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

July 4th
http://www.thesource.com/blog/post/71320/Watch-The-Throne-Drops-July-4th

The Source has received a solid date for the release of Jay-Z and Kanye West’s collaborative and highly anticipated album Watch The Throne: July 4th.

The information was shared exclusively to The Source by a source very close to the Hov and Ye super project. Later on this evening there will be a G.O.O.D. Music event presented by Heineken and Kanye West held at a still undisclosed location in New York City. Rumors are speculating that at said event, Kanye and Jay-Z might be making an announcement about the July 4th release date.

Once the July 4th date is confirmed, remember that you heard it here first.

Fireworks indeed.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone else get an invite to the GOOD music event tonight???

i'm super fucking hyped... kanye, pusha and cy hi are a shoe in but i hope jay comes through too

I'm not hype for this project at all. Kanye and Jay are both way past their primes, and that "H.A.M" song was atrocious. I liked that Pete Rock joint "The Joy", but I can't see this album being very good. It's really time for some new dudes to get put on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
He still hasnt even come close to TCD or LR. Those albums to be are great from start to finish. MBDTF starts strong, then i start to lose it when the GOOD friday tracks appear, and it ends weak. The first two tracks are so strong, i want more of that.
Gonna have to agree to disagree here. I think MBDTF's only weak area is Runaway in the mid section really.

Equus Bellator Apex said:
iQWrc.gif

When will we get this Heineken show on VEVO if we still haven't got the SXSW show yet. Why are you doing this to us Ye? :(

Oozer3993

BL from the site DubraOnTheRocks, who was the first blogger to announce details of Lift Off, posted that he is "100% sure" Watch the Throne is dropping on July 4th. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be cool. And Gibzen from Team Supreme, who has a good track record with this stuff, has started teasing the album on Twitter. He posted the names of the first three tracks:

1. Lift Off
2. Niggers in Paris
3. Prime Time

EDIT: Gibzen is dropping information on KTT:

Digital release worldwide can take 24-48 hours and Watch The Throne is done. Tracklist has been picked. If a digital release is what there going with it could come out any time from now.

Its 10 tracks and H.A.M. is track 11 as a bonus.

From the leaked tracklist, which ones are on the album and which ones didn't make the cut:

1. Lift Off YES
2. Murder To Excellence YES
3. Illest Motherfucker Alive NO
4. Love You So (Guilt Trip) YES
5. That Shit Crazy NO
6. Living So Italian YES
7. Who Gonna Stop Me NO
8. Whole Lifetime NO
9. We Are Young NO
10. Anthem NO

As of today these are whats been picked for the tracklist.

8: I Can't Stop-Spazz-Murder to Excellence

DominoKid

but how is this possible?

unless its just gonna be an online only release.

maybe it'll be the In Rainbows of mainstream rap.

*sigh* now i gotta go listen to HAM again.

Oozer3993

DominoKid said:
but how is this possible?

unless its just gonna be an online only release.

maybe it'll be the In Rainbows of mainstream rap.

*sigh* now i gotta go listen to HAM again.

Digital release at first with physical copies coming a little later. And apparently Jay-Z has been saying for awhile that he would love to drop an album with little to no promotion and digital only so that it doesn't leak before release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Miri said:
"That's my Bitch" better have made it.
Preaching to the choir homie.

Oozer3993 said:
Digital release at first with physical copies coming a little later. And apparently Jay-Z has been saying for awhile that he would love to drop an album with little to no promotion and digital only so that it doesn't leak before release.
Still seems hella unlikely. And even still, there will always be leaks and some near-essential viral element to it that usually constitutes promotion.

I would be fucking ECSTATIC if it dropped in 5 days but I'm not so sure about that looking at it logistically.

DominoKid

well a Complex writer is saying its goin down.

http://twitter.com/#!/ILLIONAIRE/status/86103705618890753
Kanye West and Jay-Z are about to pull a Radiohead. #watchthethrone #declarationofindependence
3 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

maybe it really is.
the whole rap media bout to look stupid if it dont drop on 4OJ

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
enzo_gt said:
I am trying REALLY hard not to get hype...

hype is on a hundred, thousand, trillion

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

this pretty exciting.... have to control the hype though, dont get hopes up.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:

Whatever comes out, it will most likely disappoint, if HAM is any indication of the albums quality.

grkazan12

Please Based God don't let Ye or Jay fuck this up. That's my Bitch was a great to kick things off even though it was a leak. But H.A.M left a nasty taste in my mouth and just disappointed me on a whole another level. Don't let me down Yeezy!!!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
spindashing said:
My man!

By the way, this shit is not dropping July 4th. Don't get your hopes up.

DONT YOU DARE TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME...DONT YOU DO IT!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
Whatever comes out, it will most likely disappoint, if HAM is any indication of the albums quality.
Or, it will not disappoint because That's My Bitch is one of the best hip hop beats I've heard in forever, and all the original songs intended for WTT like So Appalled, the Power Remix, The Joy and Monster were all 5* material. And Frank Ocean went out to work on it.

But it's best to think it's going to be the worst thing possible to keep the expectations in check.

MickD

Byakuya769 said:
Judging the quality of HAM, if they go full radiohead and let me buy it at the price in which I value it, I'm going $2.

Nice, yea. I anticipate this to be some over produced ish. Sort of like All of the lights, but without the swag. I dunno. Don't feel it going "ham"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well reports said that it was supposed to be very african-american pride kind of centric no? But you know, shit happens with the focus of albums when the right beat comes along and someone wants to go HAM on it.

I honestly feel like Jay may finally have turned his world music project he scrapped for BP3 into this with Ye's help. That's the direction I'd like it to take really.

Epcott

Wow, so the Beyonce & Bruno track is still rumored to be a go.

Ehhhh, sounds like this will be more Rap than Hip Hop. I respect the guys for taking the form to a universal audience, but I was hoping for something more late 90's energy with a modern sonic sound. The first track alone sounds like more Hip-Pop.

:(
say it aint so Hov?

DominoKid

Rap and Hip-Hop are the same thing.

enzo_gt said:
Well reports said that it was supposed to be very african-american pride kind of centric no? But you know, shit happens with the focus of albums when the right beat comes along and someone wants to go HAM on it.

I honestly feel like Jay may finally have turned his world music project he scrapped for BP3 into this with Ye's help. That's the direction I'd like it to take really.

Jay tried to do World Music?

dear god.

zychi

Banned
Epcott said:
Wow, so the Beyonce & Bruno track is still rumored to be a go.

Ehhhh, sounds like this will be more Rap than Hip Hop. I respect the guys for taking the form to a universal audience, but I was hoping for something more late 90's energy with a modern sonic sound. The first track alone sounds like more Hip-Pop.

:(
say it aint so Hov?
sadly jay has been "hip-pop" since blueprint 2, which i'm sure isn't news to anyone. i just want a black album again. obviously made for radio, but it was decent. plus i'm a ye supporter through and through so i'll be buying the physical version for sure.

Oozer3993

I want to believe.

enzo_gt said:

Basically this.

BTW, supposedly this is the final tracklist:

1: Lift Off
2: Niggas in Paris
3: PrimeTime
4: New Day
5: Living So Italian
6: Otis Redding
7: No Church In a While
8: I Can’t Stop/Spazz/Murder to Excellence (3 songs on one track)
9: Sweet Baby Jesus
10: Love You So
11: H.A.M

H.A.M. is considered a bonus track. And something tells me it is not in any way, shape, or form indicative of the rest of the album.

EDIT:According to CyHi, the album is done. But he doesn't know when it's coming out.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Or, it will not disappoint because That's My Bitch is one of the best hip hop beats I've heard in forever, and all the original songs intended for WTT like So Appalled, the Power Remix, The Joy and Monster were all 5* material. And Frank Ocean went out to work on it.

But it's best to think it's going to be the worst thing possible to keep the expectations in check.

Yet the only song we know thats on the album is bad. And thats my bitch only gets praise because its the best thing to come from MBDTF.

ReconYoda said:
Yet the only song we know thats on the album is bad. And thats my bitch only gets praise because its the best thing to come from MBDTF.

Or because it's a legit good song with an amazing beat

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
That's my bitch wasn't even from the MBDTF sessions IIRC. Done for WTT, leaked, hopefully not scrapped.

Deserves to be finished, choruses and verses and all. The chorus is so.. mesmerizing.

Recon

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
Or because it's a legit good song with an amazing beat

No i think its what i said. Honestly, i like the song, but i doubt its on WTT and didnt they say that the leaked version wasnt even the real version?

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
That's my bitch wasn't even from the MBDTF sessions IIRC. Done for WTT, leaked, hopefully not scrapped.

Deserves to be finished, choruses and verses and all. The chorus is so.. mesmerizing.

Am i getting Mommas new Boyfriend confused with Thats my Bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom