• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Several Japanese retailers are listing this for a July 6th release, with a Deluxe Edition that includes a DVD.

And in related, but kookier news, some sites are claiming that the album is done because Jay-Z just got a haircut. Apparently, while recording an album, he'll let his hair grow out, and then get it cut when he finishes the album.

Oozer3993

XXL Magazine is claiming that a person close to Kanye and Jay told them the album should be out in July.

While rumors about the official street date of the oft-delayed, highly-anticipated Watch the Throne album have been circulating on the internet the past couple of months, a source close to Jay-Z and Kanye West says the album has a release month: July.

The source tells XXLMag.com exclusively that Hov and Yeezy, the latter who resides in Paris these days, are both in New York for the next couple of weeks putting the final touches on the set in hopes of releasing it next month.

Although an actual date wasn’t confirmed, the July date further solidifies rumors that a second single off of the collaborative set will be released soon.

They played the album for several people connected with Def Jam last Friday.

DominoKid

July? fat chance.

maybe they see this as the opportunity since Tha Carter IV got pushed back and Take Care aint coming out until the fall.

WTT would own the summer cause aint shit else coming out.

DominoKid

alleged tracklist
1307243683.jpg

the same blog leaked info about Lift Off and a lot of other songs. KanyeToThe forums says its legit.

Jay has previously said that there will be 10 songs on WTT

I hated HAM at first but it actually grew on me. And where is the Jack White, Jay-Z and Kanye collaboration on that track list GOD DAMN IT???

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What the fuck? Bruno Mars is the cancer that is killing hip hop.

I will echo, where the fuck is the final version of That's My Bitch?! Fucking leaks, a gift and a curse.

lol @ Illest Mother Alive. I'm wondering if there is some super crazy concept behind this like they all claim.

Tucah

you speak so well
I really hope they just renamed That's My Bitch. Or that it's a bonus track or something, I really want a final version.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I thought "The Joy" was going to be on it. Doesn't matter to me as I have it already, but that is a nice track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Equus Bellator Apex said:
Sohh, was I the only one that liked H.A.M.?
It grew on me. Kind of ashamed to say I like it but I do, and Yeezy's verse is hilarious. It's great because of the Eli reference alone.

Kaizer

Banned
enzo_gt said:
It grew on me. Kind of ashamed to say I like it but I do, and Yeezy's verse is hilarious. It's great because of the Eli reference alone.
Yeah, I love Ye's verse, it's hilariously great.

DominoKid

i like HAM. wish Lex woulda gave the beat to Wayne though.

the best Lex songs have characters on them. superhype Waka, insane Juicy J, smoked out Wiz, off the rails Weezy. Kanye and Jay cant do that type of beat.

Fuck Bruno Mars. Other than that, seems pretty cool. H.A.M. grew on me, but I think it's better if it's not on it. And lol @ Living So Italian, Ye you so crazy.

nns3d

Equus Bellator Apex said:
Sohh, was I the only one that liked H.A.M.?

Well for me I felt like Kanye was trying too hard to sound "hard" if that makes any sense. The song felt like it was a parody of itself.

DominoKid

its real. but there's gonna be more songs.

http://www.sohh.com/2011/06/jay-z_kanye_wests_watch_the_throne_track.html?utm_source=feedburner
While a release date for Jay-Z and Kanye West's highly-anticipated Watch the Throne album may not be set in stone, a partial tracklist from the project has leaked online.

Based on a Monday (June 6) morning leak, Hov and Ye only have one track with featured guest appearances.

1. 'Lift Off' feat. Beyonce & Bruno Mars 2. 'Murder to Excellence' 3. 'Illest Motherf---er Alive' 4. 'Why I Love You So (Guilt Trip)' 5. 'That S--- Crazy' 6. 'Living So Italian' 7. 'Who Gonna Stop Me' 8. 'Whole Lifetime' 9. 'We Are Young' 10. 'Anthem' (The Boom Box)

While initially presented as a speculated list, confirmation on the tracks' authenticity has also emerged.

This just in: the Watch The Throne tracklisting floating around this morning via DOTR is in fact real. The highly anticipated joint project between Ye and Jay, which was said to see the light of day around March looks like it's getting the finishing touches because a source EXTREMELY close to the project just confirmed with me these song titles are legit, however more songs are said to be added. (You Heard That New)

Rumors of Beyonce and Bruno Mars' presence on the LP circulated over the Internet last month.

If you thought "H.A.M" sucked and thought that Watch The Thronething wasn't happening anymore, think again. Kanye West and Jay-Z are preparing for "Lift Off," the first single from their highly anticipated long-awaited collaborative album, and have snatched up Beyoncé and Bruno Mars for the Jeff Bhasker-produced number impacting radio and your iTunes music library sooner than you think. Yeah, that definitely explains the random trips to Paris. (Complex)

Producer Young Guru provided fans with an update on the LP in March.

"Right now, I'm really trying to get Jay and Kanye to hurry up and finish this Watch The Throne album because the world needs to hear it," Guru said in an interview. "It just needs little tweaks and things like that. But the core of the album is finished...Kanye takes what [contributing producers do] and adds on to it and I think that's his genius. I say this all the time 'Kanye records are never the same twice, while he's making them because they always grow." (VIBE)

As of now, there is no official release date for Watch the Throne.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Max Armstrong said:
I can stand Beyonce to some degree, but Bruno Mars? Hell the fuck no. This dude needs to stop invading the hip-hop world.
Completely agreed. I can stand Beyonce too, but I don't want her shoehorned onto this project. I don't feel like she suits it. Actually, much like Hell: The Sequel, I feel like it'd be better as a whole with less features. Less bullshit, More Ye and Jay going at it.

It's funny, Royce and Em conceived, recorded, and will have Hell: The Sequel out before WTT. I'm still hyped for more Ye though. Always.

Recon

Banned
DominoKid said:
HTS is just a blip on the radar. nobody really cares about it.

Probably more care about it then you realize. But you should know all about little blips if you listen to Gucci and Wacka, since they dont light up the sales charts. Guarantee HTS sells more than flockaveli will ever hope to sell.

enzo_gt said:
Completely agreed. I can stand Beyonce too, but I don't want her shoehorned onto this project. I don't feel like she suits it. Actually, much like Hell: The Sequel, I feel like it'd be better as a whole with less features. Less bullshit, More Ye and Jay going at it.

It's funny, Royce and Em conceived, recorded, and will have Hell: The Sequel out before WTT. I'm still hyped for more Ye though. Always.
Same. Especially when he goes on a media blackout like he's done since MBDTF came out. You just know he's somewhere doing something fucking magical.

Brinbe

Yep, I'm sure WTT won't disappoint, especially after the tepid response to Ham. The wait will truly be worth it... and glad that Royce+Em are keeping me entertained in the meantime. That's some good shit in its own right.

The state of music is so sad. A hip hop super duo can't simply release a single, they have to throw in Beyonce and Bruno Mars to make sure people give a shit. I hope this cynical shit bombs hard.

What happen to this being a straight up hip hop collabo. Pete Rock, Q-Tip, etc. Now we'll get Alex Da Kid and a Skylar Grey hook

Recon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
The state of music is so sad. A hip hop super duo can't simply release a single, they have to throw in Beyonce and Bruno Mars to make sure people give a shit. I hope this cynical shit bombs hard.

What happen to this being a straight up hip hop collabo. Pete Rock, Q-Tip, etc. Now we'll get Alex Da Kid and a Skylar Grey hook

To be fair, Kanye/Jay are past their prime IMO. Same with Em/Royce.

ReconYoda said:

Kanye definitely isn't "past his prime". My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was an amazing album and was quite the success.

And I'll say again...Jay-Z/Jack White collaboration...PLEASE make this album!

Recon

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Kanye definitely isn't "past his prime". My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was an amazing album and was quite the success.

And I'll say again...Jay-Z/Jack White collaboration...PLEASE make this album!

MBDTF wasnt amazing, it was Kanye being over-indulgent with stupid shit and was frankly half-assed with several GOOD Friday tracks thrown in for filler. 808's and Heartbreak was better than MBDTF. Maybe i just dont like what Kanye has become as a rapper, Dropout was a classic tho.

DominoKid

ReconYoda said:
Probably more care about it then you realize. But you should know all about little blips if you listen to Gucci and Wacka, since they dont light up the sales charts. Guarantee HTS sells more than flockaveli will ever hope to sell.

aight hit dog.

Galang

Banned
ReconYoda said:

Even if you didn't like his latest offering, Kanye can't be past his prime as long as he keeps releasing good music :)

Parts

ReconYoda said:
MBDTF wasnt amazing, it was Kanye being over-indulgent with stupid shit and was frankly half-assed with several GOOD Friday tracks thrown in for filler. 808's and Heartbreak was better than MBDTF. Maybe i just dont like what Kanye has become as a rapper, Dropout was a classic tho.
It was his best album from both a lyrical and production stand point. He's better right now than he's ever been.

Recon

Banned
Lyrically his pinnacle was Late Registration, and some of Graduation. He had some moments, but you cant tell me "All of the lights" was someone at their lyrical prime. MBDTF was very hit or miss, with more miss IMO. I loved the idea behind it, i just thought it wasnt executed well at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
Lyrically his pinnacle was Late Registration, and some of Graduation. He had some moments, but you cant tell me "All of the lights" was someone at their lyrical prime. MBDTF was very hit or miss, with more miss IMO. I loved the idea behind it, i just thought it wasnt executed well at all.
I would disagree heavily with this, it's his best constructed album yet. And incredibly consistent throughout. Second to College Dropout only IMO. As far as lyrical prime goes, MBDTF goes right under LR which goes right under TCD.

Past his prime is implying he's really far away from his best. Ye is pretty much inching closer and closer to the unobtainable peak of his career that is TCD. Different strokes I guess.

And Hell: The Sequel will definitely sell. I already hear Fast Lane ringtones at school so often, oh and having Eminems name on something is an instant 500k in sales anyways, lets not get it twisted.

ReconYoda said:
In your opinion, what other tracks than the obvious All of the Lights were weak lyrically?

Kanye West was never a genius lyricist. Sure he has his "slick" moments, but he's no lyrical genius.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I would disagree heavily with this, it's his best constructed album yet. And incredibly consistent throughout. Second to College Dropout only IMO. As far as lyrical prime goes, MBDTF goes right under LR which goes right under TCD.

Past his prime is implying he's really far away from his best. Ye is pretty much inching closer and closer to the unobtainable peak of his career that is TCD. Different strokes I guess.

And Hell: The Sequel will definitely sell. I already hear Fast Lane ringtones at school so often, oh and having Eminems name on something is an instant 500k in sales anyways, lets not get it twisted.

He still hasnt even come close to TCD or LR. Those albums to be are great from start to finish. MBDTF starts strong, then i start to lose it when the GOOD friday tracks appear, and it ends weak. The first two tracks are so strong, i want more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom