• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
KuGsj.gif
@ this coming out July 4th.

YoungHav

Banned
This album will suck. Jay-Z does whatever is trendy and Kanye is too much of a bellend to check himself. I also dislike Kanyes worship of white western european culture.

Kaizer

Banned
enzo_gt said:
That's my bitch wasn't even from the MBDTF sessions IIRC. Done for WTT, leaked, hopefully not scrapped.

Deserves to be finished, choruses and verses and all. The chorus is so.. mesmerizing.
Yeah, I really liked Elly Jackson from La Roux on the hook, beat was too fucking dope.

Oozer3993

VH1 with the disappointment bomb:

Contrary to reports earlier today that speculated that Watch The Throne, Kanye West and Jay-Z‘s highly anticipated new collaborative album, would be released on July 4, VH1 can exclusively confirm that the record will NOT be dropping on our nation’s birthday. We spoke to sources close to Jay-Z‘s management team earlier today who have direct knowledge of the album’s release plans, and they confirmed that the rumored July 4th release date is “not happening.” Sorry to ruin your holiday, folks!

Oozer3993

Ryan Seacrest said he talked to some people in the Kanye and Jay-Z camps and they said there'd be a single released around July 11th, with the album coming in August with a possible tour to follow.

DJ Neptune claims that the album will be up for preorder tomorrow and that he's seen the artwork and it is "Golden." MediaTakeOut then posted what it claims is the album cover today, and it backs up the "Golden" claim.

RBSN6.jpg

Also there's this:

Siluz.png

Kanye did the same thing with MBDTF, but that was months before it came out.

cacophony

HI RES Artwork

1: Lift Off
2: Niggas in Paris
3: PrimeTime
4: New Day
5: Living So Italian
6: Otis Redding
7: No Church In a While
8: I Can’t Stop/Spazz/Murder to Excellence (3 songs on one track)
9: Sweet Baby Jesus
10: Love You So
11: H.A.M

I didn't like H.A.M. at first but it grew on me. A lot. I actually seek it out on Youtube to listen to it while working out in my room sometimes now.

And, oh yeah...FUCKING RAY BANS BETTER BE ON THIS ALBUM.

yencid

ooohhh such good times with the wait for my dark twisted fantasy. when they announce the official date ill get hyped.

kamspy

overcast said:
Do you guys think they can just release this out of the blue with little promotion and still move a lot of copies?

I think they could. Jay Z and Kanye West don't need much marketing.

nns3d

I'm really hoping that's not the final cover. It doesn't look like something I'd associate with either Kanye or Jay.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Afrocentric-Asian said:
I'm really hoping that's not the final cover. It doesn't look like something I'd associate with either Kanye or Jay.
Maybe Jay, but this is pretty in line with Kanye's post-MBDTF tastes. See: King Tut chain, big gold chains, Deluxe edition of MBDTF, his MBDTF stage set, etc.

nns3d

enzo_gt said:
Maybe Jay, but this is pretty in line with Kanye's post-MBDTF tastes. See: King Tut chain, big gold chains, Deluxe edition of MBDTF, his MBDTF stage set, etc.

True, I Still associate Kanye with the college-era albums
R.I.P. Dropout Bear :(

kamspy

I like it. Not a big fan of current Ye n Jay, but I resized that huge pic to 1080x1080 and made it my wallpaper (black background).

The illuminati blogs are gonna have a field day with it. I wonder how much dumb symbolism is in there.

Oozer3993

enzo_gt said:

It is very much like the H.A.M. cover:

tgpnt.jpg

Equus Bellator Apex said:
People are saying that this dropping the same day as Detox.(July 25)

HMV has them both listed for that date, but they don't know anything. I don't know if they've ever had a correct date before it was officially announced.

P.S. The cover has essentially been confirmed. It's been found on KanyeWest.com

Equus Bellator Apex

Oozer3993 said:
It is very much like the H.A.M. cover:

http://i.imgur.com/tgpnt.jpg[IMG]

HMV has them both listed for that date, but they don't know anything. I don't know if they've ever had a correct date before it was officially announced.

P.S. The cover has essentially been confirmed. [URL="http://kanyewest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/watchthethronepreorder.jpg"]It's been found on KanyeWest.com[URL][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://lifeandtimes.com/"]yep[/URL]

Recon

Banned
Its weird, now that there is a release date, i feel kinda hyped for it. I know i might be disappointed because of tracks like HAM, but hopefully there will be more like Thats My Bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom