• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Wanda/Wander said:
If/when this leaks don't post links here.

That's how the first MBDTF OT got locked.
Leaks should mean earlier releases for me to legitimately purchase from. If a leak doesn't push up a release date though fuck it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'd rather it leak tomorrow so I can go out tonight and get pissed and not have to constantly be checking my phone for a leak (i love being able to download stuff straight to my phone and unzip it :) ).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rhfb said:
Leaks should mean earlier releases for me to legitimately purchase from. If a leak doesn't push up a release date though fuck it.
Why? Leaks are inevitable. Everyone knows they coming at minimum 1 week before the release. They help boost and gauge interest and reinforce purchasing decisions. No one freaks out over leaks, nor do they change any release or marketing strategies over them unless they're insanely early leaks, by the months.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wenis said:
I'd rather it leak tomorrow so I can go out tonight and get pissed and not have to constantly be checking my phone for a leak (i love being able to download stuff straight to my phone and unzip it :) ).

I'm the opposite, I got the day off tomorrow from work so it would be the perfect night to leak so I could sit back, chill, and let it wash over my body for a few hours haha.

Ashhong

Damn went on Kanyetothe forums after not having been there in a while, and that place is still such a piece of shit, just like kanyelive. The posters there are just terrible. Anyway, people still praying that Living So Italian is on the final product...with some people guessing it will be a "hidden track" like Late from Late Registration.

yHO2b.jpg

With all these discussions of leaks, I just have to wonder how much malware and viruses idiots are going to spread thinking they got it (not implying anything about people here).

"Oh damn it's watch the throne.mp3.rar.exe. Sweet" lol

Ashhong

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
With all these discussions of leaks, I just have to wonder how much malware and viruses idiots are going to spread thinking they got it (not implying anything about people here).

"Oh damn it's watch the throne.mp3.rar.exe. Sweet" lol

I'll be the first to admit that I downloaded tons of MBDTF.rar files back in the day. I never ended up extracting them though since I was too suspicious and kept reading there was no leak.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
killa kamspy report in, are you hearing of a leak before the weekend or must we wait?

ughh i neeeeed to hear the final version of That's My Bitch. These bumps give me false hope for some drips.

enzo_gt said:
killa kamspy report in, are you hearing of a leak before the weekend or must we wait?

ughh i neeeeed to hear the final version of That's My Bitch. These bumps give me false hope for some drips.

I've been waiting for a long long time.

Just to get this fucking leak fuuuuuuuu

kamspy

enzo_gt said:

Dude who was arguing with the guy who said it was coming last night says it isn't coming til this weekend at best. The reason iTunes is getting it first is specifically to stop leaks, and apparently they aren't even delivering it to iTunes in the normal manor. If they were it would have been on the server last night. Hence the presumed leak from the one guy.

Retail copies showing up are fake if you believe the same guy. It's going to the printer late, to avoid leaks.

MThanded

kamspy said:
Dude who was arguing with the guy who said it was coming last night says it isn't coming til this weekend at best. The reason iTunes is getting it first is specifically to stop leaks, and apparently they aren't even delivering it to iTunes in the normal manor. If they were it would have been on the server last night. Hence the presumed leak from the one guy.

Retail copies showing up are fake if you believe the same guy. That's why it's going to the printer late, to avoid leaks.
This is what I assumed when I heard the staggered dates. It is a smart move. I bet we see a lot more people do digital only releases prior to CDs soon. That way they can prevent the leak.

Someone has a real copy of this album somewhere in their hands right now though.

Ashhong said:
I'll be the first to admit that I downloaded tons of MBDTF.rar files back in the day. I never ended up extracting them though since I was too suspicious and kept reading there was no leak.
Yet, you know 90% of people won't have that common sense.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:

Retail copies showing up are fake if you believe the same guy. It's going to the printer late, to avoid leaks.
Ye and Jay ain't fucking around, first the portable hard drives, now this.

When it gets here, hook it straight to my veins, k thanks.

Also nobody in this thread should posts links to or even ask where to get the leaks or else this thread will get locked a-la my precious MBDTF thread. No one wants that.

enzo_gt said:

Also nobody in this thread should posts links to or even ask where to get the leaks or else this thread will get locked a-la my precious MBDTF thread. No one wants that.

Yeah got that really bad. LOL.

I wonder what it would be like if MBDTF was treated like WTT.

No Good Fridays, no leaks, nothing.

enzo_gt said:

Portable hard drives?

Oozer3993

Wanda/Wander said:
Yeah got that really bad. LOL.

I wonder what it would be like if MBDTF was treated like WTT.

No Good Fridays, no leaks, nothing.

I'd be dead right now because Lost in the World and All of the Lights hitting me at the same time would have caused a fatal detonation of my skull.

Portable hard drives?

Kanye became paranoid about leaks after so many tracks from MBDTF leaked in unfinished form so he (smartly) decided to cut out the probable cause of those leaks: email. Now in order to work on a song for Kanye, an artist will probably be flow to wherever Kanye is so that the files never leave his sight. Or if that wasn't feasible, he's fly a friend over with a portable hard drive with the song on it and have the artist record his part on the hard drive than have the hard drive flown back to him. And there would be several levels of passwords and encryption on the hard drive.

It's worked very well so far. Not only have no songs leaked (I'm not counting That's My Bitch because is was originally intended for MBDTF so it was recorded before these measures were put in place), barely any information about the album leaked. We didn't know any song titles until DOTR posted some about a month and a half back. We didn't know samples or producers until the listening party. This album has been on complete lockdown. As as already been pointed out, Def Jam even came up with a unique release schedule to try and stave off leaks.

I think it will work. I think there's actually a chance it doesn't leak before the 8th.

Guys, please, and I'm genuinely trying to be real with you here:

Tone down the leak talk.

It's going to be even worse when the album gets out with people asking for PMs/links. I wouldn't want any of you banned for such a stupid reason.

kamspy

It's actually a unique and interesting part of the album making process in this case. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to ask for or post a link in open forum.

MThanded

kamspy said:
It's actually a unique and interesting part of the album making process in this case. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to ask for or post a link in open forum.
You would be surprised.

Oozer3993 said:
Kanye became paranoid about leaks after so many tracks from MBDTF leaked in unfinished form so he (smartly) decided to cut out the probable cause of those leaks: email. Now in order to work on a song for Kanye, an artist will probably be flow to wherever Kanye is so that the files never leave his sight. Or if that wasn't feasible, he's fly a friend over with a portable hard drive with the song on it and have the artist record his part on the hard drive than have the hard drive flown back to him. And there would be several levels of passwords and encryption on the hard drive.

It's worked very well so far. Not only have no songs leaked (I'm not counting That's My Bitch because is was originally intended for MBDTF so it was recorded before these measures were put in place), barely any information about the album leaked. We didn't know any song titles until DOTR posted some about a month and a half back. We didn't know samples or producers until the listening party. This album has been on complete lockdown. As as already been pointed out, Def Jam even came up with a unique release schedule to try and stave off leaks.

I think it will work. I think there's actually a chance it doesn't leak before the 8th.

Interesting, I have to say it seems like it's working, but the cost and logistics are something that make it a only likely to be used in a few situations. That said does he even backups? I have to imagine so, It be messed up if the hard drive got fried and poof goodbye album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
Remember how I did my best to stay away from leaked tracks on the net for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

I still got PMs asking where to download the album.
Real talk, if you don't want to get banned, don't reply to any of those PMs, nor should you be PM begging yourself. I won't be doing either. Protect Ya own Neck.

Really if after an hour of leak, if your having trouble finding a Kanye West and Jay-Z collabo album's leak onto the internet, you've failed at using the internet. Not that I condone any of these practices, oh no.

spindashing said:
:lol :lol

I'm not hyped for this album, but I'll definitely check it out in its golden ... glory.

People need to leave you alone man, your the person we come to for naked women pic links, not music. Dammit people get your shit right! lol

I have to admit I'm a huge fan of Kayne. I'm just sort of interested how the production end of the album will turn out. I expect the beats to sound fabulous and Jay-Z to hold up his end, but meh what can I say I'm just not a Kayne fan.

I hope Spotify is going to have this on their service.

PBY

Banned
People need to leave you alone man, your the person we come to for naked women pic links, not music. Dammit people get your shit right! lol

I have to admit I'm a huge fan of Kayne. I'm just sort of interested how the production end of the album will turn out. I expect the beats to sound fabulous and Jay-Z to hold up his end, but meh what can I say I'm just not a Kayne fan.

I hope Spotify is going to have this on their service.
Wait so you do or don't like kanye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom