• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
Real talk, if you don't want to get banned, don't reply to any of those PMs, nor should you be PM begging yourself. Protect Ya own Neck.

Really if after an hour of leak, if your having trouble finding a Kanye West and Jay-Z collabo album's leak onto the internet, you've failed at using the internet.
GAF members are stupid. Remember that celebrity nude thread and how people couldn't use google to find the nudes? It's astounding, man. Even when you clearly warn people, they won't listen.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
People need to leave you alone man, your the person we come to for naked women pic links, not music. Dammit people get your shit right! lol

I have to admit I'm a huge fan of Kayne. I'm just sort of interested how the production and of the album will turn out. I expect the beats to sound fabulous and Jay-Z to hold up his end, but meh what can I say I'm just not a Kayne fan.

I hope Spotify is going to have this on their service.
:lol :lol Haha.

Yeah, I think I'm checking it out for the production too. Kanye's production is usually impeccable. He's not an indepth lyricist, but sometimes he says clever things on the mic too.

Oddly enough I'm not interested in what Jay-Z brings to the table in this project. As of recent years, I only like his verse on So Appalled.

DominoKid

jiggabanging.gif

i'm fiending for this shit like a crackhead.

spindashing said:
:lol :lol Haha.

Yeah, I think I'm checking it out for the production too. Kanye's production is usually impeccable. He's not an indepth lyricist, but sometimes he says clever things on the mic too.

Oddly enough I'm not interested in what Jay-Z brings to the table in this project. As of recent years, I only like his verse on So Appalled.

It's funny they both have massive fucking egos, but for some reason Jay-Z's doesn't bug me as much. I have no explanation for it. Perhaps it's Kayne's voice is a little higher and sounds whiny, I dunno.

Though his lyrics on Supernatural were kind of indepth on the subject Alien (tentacle) fucking. Maybe he's a big Legend of the Overfiend fan. lol

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
It's funny they both have massive fucking egos, but for some reason Jay-Z's doesn't bug me as much. I have no explanation for it. Perhaps it's Kayne's voice is a little higher and sounds whiny, I dunno.

Though his lyrics on Supernatural were kind of indepth on the subject Alien (tentacle) fucking. Maybe he's a big Legend of the Overfiend fan. lol
I think it's because while Jay-Z has a big ego, Kanye's such a drama queen.

Then again, it's always the best musicians that are so vain lol.

Kaizer

Banned
spindashing said:

Lol, pretty much. I can only imagine what its like for the team of people working for them. Its like a dream come true and tortuous having to feed their egos.

spindashing said:

It think that's a very large part of it.

spindashing said:

Kaizer said:
Lol, pretty much. I can only imagine what its like for the team of people working for them. Its like a dream come true and tortuous having to feed their egos.

It's part of the reason I'm wondering how long it will last and when can we expect the diss tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know what makes me even more hyped?

The full version of the WTT documentary. Need that shit in my hands now. The cinematography in that little sample was absolutely fantastic. I just want more.

I always liked Fade To Black's actual studio bits. I love seeing what makes musicians tick. Especially producers. Even more interested in seeing more studio footage of Ye specifically. You can just see the hunger they have in the studio in the sample video. I like that, gives me high hopes.

Cudder

Oozer3993 said:
I'd be dead right now because Lost in the World and All of the Lights hitting me at the same time would have caused a fatal detonation of my skull.

Kanye became paranoid about leaks after so many tracks from MBDTF leaked in unfinished form so he (smartly) decided to cut out the probable cause of those leaks: email. Now in order to work on a song for Kanye, an artist will probably be flow to wherever Kanye is so that the files never leave his sight. Or if that wasn't feasible, he's fly a friend over with a portable hard drive with the song on it and have the artist record his part on the hard drive than have the hard drive flown back to him. And there would be several levels of passwords and encryption on the hard drive.

It's worked very well so far. Not only have no songs leaked (I'm not counting That's My Bitch because is was originally intended for MBDTF so it was recorded before these measures were put in place), barely any information about the album leaked. We didn't know any song titles until DOTR posted some about a month and a half back. We didn't know samples or producers until the listening party. This album has been on complete lockdown. As as already been pointed out, Def Jam even came up with a unique release schedule to try and stave off leaks.

I think it will work. I think there's actually a chance it doesn't leak before the 8th.

Dude, every CD has to go into mass production. This takes place weeks before the album release. THAT is how albums get leaked.

Zeth

Has the track that samples Flux Pavilion been leaked? I feel like I heard it on that 10 min mini documentary.

edit: looks like none have leaked, sorry for being lazy.

Cudder said:
Dude, every CD has to go into mass production. This takes place weeks before the album release. THAT is how albums get leaked.
Lets not forget leaks by reviewers or radio stations (sometimes the server is unprotected, where the files are being stored).

kamspy

Cudder said:
They won't even ship platinum to retail I bet. Printers are at crazy low capacity these days. They could spool a mil in a couple days easily.

Oozer3993

Cudder said:

After all the precautions taken during recording, you really think Def Jam is just gonna go about printing and distributing this like it's any other album? This will be done in a rush job just a couple days before it goes to iTunes with extra security at the factories.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is it possible to smuggle a cd in your rectum? someone at that factory is going to be offered a lot of money to find out.

qcf x2

Angelus Errare said:
Yo am I the only one who notices that Jay is doing these little twitches while he head bobs?

Shit is mad creepy.

Lots of people do that, including me. It's not creepy at all, and it's especially done when one's flow matches a hard hitting beat. That "it's nasty" twitch.

Oozer3993 said:
After all the precautions taken during recording, you really think Def Jam is just gonna go about printing and distributing this like it's any other album? This will be done in a rush job just a couple days before it goes to iTunes with extra security at the factories.
Extras security doesn't really help for the most part at this stage (not always true), because there is only so much you can do. Replication is generally the weakest link in the manufacturing chain for leakage to occur.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Tokubetsu said:
Love how we're breaking this shit down into 1/16 notes! I wish they would ship the physical out early. Ugh.

it must be a crazy beat. like keerayzee

swansondance.gif

Cudder

kamspy said:

Give us a couple lines that aren't anywhere else. They don't even have to be full coherent bars.
What's that gonna do? Prove he's right/wrong when WE get the album? At that point I won't give a shit that someone got it early.

kamspy

Cudder said:
What's that gonna do? Prove he's right/wrong when WE get the album? At that point I won't give a shit that someone got it early.

Well yeah cuz then we get to bust his balls in the gaf hop thread for a couple days.

ProtoCents said:
Russell Brand

Russell Crowe

From the same famed author who brought us

I'm the king of Leona Lewis

rozay

Banned
Would it be against the rules to at least post the file size of the album when it's out so people that take the initiative to find it themselves can sort between fake and real zip files?

kamspy

rozay said:
Would it be against the rules to at least post the file size of the album when it's out so people that take the initiative to find it themselves can sort between fake and real zip files?

I'm gonna guess and say "yeah".

When people start talking about the songs en mass, you know it's time to start looking.

kamspy said:

Give us a couple lines that aren't anywhere else. They don't even have to be full coherent bars.

You said it's your first time, well aite I part the red sea: Moses
You gotta man? Lemme take his trophy like USC: roses

Production is good but "overproduced" like Dark Fantasy. Frank Ocean's hooks sound like throwaways to me, but I'm not a fan of dude.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm pretty sure the reason it hasn't leaked is because review copies are now tagged. Retail cds don't get pressed as fast as it was... say...5 years ago.

Still...

I'm sure an official leak will occur by Saturday.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
PhoenixDark said:

Production is good but "overproduced" like Dark Fantasy. Frank Ocean's hooks sound like throwaways to me, but I'm not a fan of dude.
bAW7X.gif

jobber said:
I'm pretty sure the reason it hasn't leaked is because review copies are now tagged. Retail cds don't get pressed as fast as it was... say...5 years ago.

Still...

I'm sure an official leak will occur by Saturday.

173848-13-1.jpg

PhoenixDark said:

No way. Those sound like shitty Drake or Nicki Minaj lyrics.

jobber said:

Tagged with what though? You could easily process it through a bunch of filters, exploit the analog hole, etc, depending on what the tracking is.

DominoKid

PhoenixDark said:

115247_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom