• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Dude who use to run The Source in the good days.

https://twitter.com/#!/ElliottWilson/status/96297612264742912

I guess some people have it or there was another listening party.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
kamspy said:

I guess some people have it.
I see bruh. This hurts.

That was 8 hours ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
You said it's your first time, well aite I part the red sea: Moses
You gotta man? Lemme take his trophy like USC: roses

Production is good but "overproduced" like Dark Fantasy. Frank Ocean's hooks sound like throwaways to me, but I'm not a fan of dude.
dylan-%28n1294200309702%29.gif

kamspy said:

I hope RR "accidentally" uploads the entire thing to their servers.

Ashhong

PhoenixDark said:

Production is good but "overproduced" like Dark Fantasy. Frank Ocean's hooks sound like throwaways to me, but I'm not a fan of dude.

What the fuck. Can you at least tell us how you got to hear it? If it wasn't done illegally that is.

Red_Man

I'm looking at ticket prices for the Toronto show, and damn if they aren't expensive, but my entire family would have to die in a horrible accident on the same day for me to miss this.

PhoenixDark said:

Why are you lying right now. It's so brutally apparent that this shit hasn't leaked yet. So what's the point of wasting our times with this bullshit.

kamspy

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
https://twitter.com/#!/MrPrecyse/status/96404183082729472

RT @Gibzen: People telling me Australia Itunes leaked #WTT by accident? this the truth? somebody credible answer me.

That was supposed to happen last night.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Red_Man said:
I'm looking at ticket prices for the Toronto show, and damn if they aren't expensive, but my entire family would have to die in a horrible accident on the same day for me to miss this.
Where are you looking at these tickets?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Tagged with what though? You could easily process it through a bunch of filters, exploit the analog hole, etc, depending on what the tracking is.

tagged with number

DefJam had review copies of cd given out where an annoying voice would read a code over some of the tracks so if it leaked, they could trace who leaked it. I haven't received a review copy of anything this year by choice, but I hear they found a way to put some kind of encryption on every cd.

It's not like this for every label tho. Sha Money XL, uploads new G-Unit music to some site where only the press is suppose to get it, but he never put a password on it.

edit: Elliott Wilson having a copy isn't surprising. Dude is biggest Jay-Z dickrider in the industry. He flaunts the fact that he can call up Jay-Z anytime he wants.

And this is why I don't go to concents.
From some Twitter account:
$123.50 cheapest tix for #WTT. You guys are real life ILLUMINATIS.
Are they planning on buying uranium with the concert proceeds?

That says nothing of my general issues with rap live (unless a backing band is being used) in regard to the audio mix

Brinbe

enzo_gt said:
Where are you looking at these tickets?
Well, there's a price-range on the ticketmaster page $77-$267. And people on the facebook page have been saying Bleachers: $77, Lowerbowl far end: $109, lower bowl stage side $150, back floor $209, middle floor $267, front floor $500 (VIP package)

We'll see what's up when the pre-sale begins tomorrow morning. I'm good for those cheap-seats, which are still steep, but fuck I'm missing this shit.

jobber said:
tagged with number

DefJam had review copies of cd given out where an annoying voice would read a code over some of the tracks so if it leaked, they could trace who leaked it. I haven't received a review copy of anything this year by choice, but I hear they found a way to put some kind of encryption on every cd.

Interesting, that seems insanely OTT (and more importantly expensive as HELL so that it's cost prohibitive). Truthfully though some just needs to blank the audio file for those portion, now the real trick would be if those times are different on each preview copy (or on significant numbers), a code within a code if you.

Encryption can be nullified by the analog hole.

Red_Man

And this is why I don't go to concents.
From some Twitter account:

Are they planning on buying uranium with the concert proceeds?

That says nothing of my general issues with rap live (unless a backing band is being used) in regard to the audio mix

Toronto cheapest tickets are $77.25. Sorry Enzo didn't see you ask about the tickets for the toronto show im looking at http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1...onal__WatchTheThrone_fb_eventpresale_09242011 also on the WTT toronto facebook event page theres a guy who seems to know his shit listing off prices for the different seats. I'll probably hit up the $109 / $150 seats depending on what my friends wanna go with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brinbe said:
Well, there's a price-range on the ticketmaster page $77-$267. And people on the facebook page have been saying Bleachers: $77, Lowerbowl far end: $109, lower bowl stage side $150, back floor $209, middle floor $267, front floor $500 (VIP package)

We'll see what's up when the pre-sale begins tomorrow morning. I'm good for those cheap-seats, which are still steep, but fuck I'm missing this shit.
Oh shit. @Red_Man, thanks for the info man.

Also, no posting file sizes of leaked files. That's a huge no-no. No helping people get leaks at all to avoid getting this thread closed and people banned. Blackace spared us mercifully last time. None of that.

Oozer3993

kamspy said:

I thought he was at the original listening party?

https://twitter.com/#!/MrPrecyse/status/96404183082729472

RT @Gibzen: People telling me Australia Itunes leaked #WTT by accident? this the truth? somebody credible answer me.

A legit site decided to have some fun/be complete assholes by claiming the album went up on Australian iTunes for a couple minutes and they managed to download it and put up a file of what they claimed was it. It turned out to be a Kidz Bop CD.

MThanded said:
A new version of The Joy exists.

I highly doubt it's a new version. I think a fan just ever so slightly tweaked it and is passing it off as a new version.

Tagged with what though? You could easily process it through a bunch of filters, exploit the analog hole, etc, depending on what the tracking is.

ATLANTIC RECORDS, FOR T.I. CLEARANCE.

Never forget.

MThanded

So if you purchase digital download through the watch the throne website, do you download directly from there?

If so thats odd because I thought it was itunes exclusive.

kamspy

If Jay did trust any journalist with it, it would be Elliot Wilson. And he wouldn't leak it, or allow it to be near anyone who would.

Oozer3993 said:
A legit site decided to have some fun/be complete assholes by claiming the album went up on Australian iTunes for a couple minutes and they managed to download it and put up a file of what they claimed was it. It turned out to be a Kidz Bop CD.
That is glorious!

Oozer3993 said:
ATLANTIC RECORDS, FOR T.I. CLEARANCE.

Never forget.
Huh?

MThanded

Auburn Hills, MI price ranges
US $49.50 - US $199.50
US $49.50 Ticket + US $10.90 Fees =
US $60.40
US $199.50 Ticket + US $14.35 Fees =
US $213.85

East Rutherford,NJ
US $51.50 - US $250.00
US $51.50 Ticket + US $14.45 Fees =
US $65.95
US $250.00 Ticket + US $20.45 Fees =
US $270.45

Washington DC
US $59.50 - US $250.00
US $59.50 Ticket + US $12.10 Fees =
US $71.60
US $250.00 Ticket + US $25.65 Fees =
US $275.65

Chi-town
US $59.50 - US $250.00
US $59.50 Ticket + US $10.61 Fees/Additional Taxes =
US $70.11
US $250.00 Ticket + US $15.12 Fees/Additional Taxes =
US $265.12

Not all of these have presale it seems. You can see for yourself here http://www.ticketmaster.com/Watch-T...t-tickets/artist/1623036?tm_link=tm_homeA_h13

Imm0rt4l

I also went to glow in the dark, in minneapolis. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Lupe performe, he opened and my friend made me an hour late. I was pissed.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Interesting, that seems insanely OTT (and more importantly expensive as HELL so that it's cost prohibitive). Truthfully though some just needs to blank the audio file for those portion, now the real trick would be if those times are different on each preview copy (or on significant numbers), a code within a code if you.

Encryption can be nullified by the analog hole.

Well..executive see spending money to press individual copies outweighs the loss of sales from a leak. Plus they have a deal with Apple to release it on iTunes first so if a leak did happen, they can't move up the release date.

Oozer3993

rozay said:
Wait, is every show going on presale now or just the first few shows so far?

I think every show has a presale tomorrow at 10 AM local time. Speaking of which, the Detroit tickets start at something resembling a rational price!

US $49.50 - US $199.50
US $49.50 Ticket + US $10.90 Fees =
US $60.40
US $199.50 Ticket + US $14.35 Fees =
US $213.85

But I live 2 and half hours away and I have a class that day that ends at 6:45 PM :( I guess I'm going to have to skip that class. Man, I better not have a test that day lol.

Justin Timberlake's song My Love leaked a month before the album came out, but in horrific quality. It was like the song was being played through some one's laptop and was recorded with a Motorola RAZR. And all through the song was a guy saying "Atlantic Records, with T.I. Clearance" over and over. But despite all that, the inner awesome of the song shown through. DJs played it in clubs, people printed up "Atlantic Records, with T.I. Clearance" t-shirts, and Pitchfork gave it a perfect 5 star review.

akW8t.jpg

jobber said:
Well..executive see spending money to press individual copies outweighs the loss of sales from a leak. Plus they have a deal with Apple to release it on iTunes first so if a leak did happen, they can't move up the release date.

I agree completely, more that I'm just trying to say, I doubt anything new is being done and that for total lockdown (and even that is a misnomer) it becomes cost prohibitive.

Oozer3993 said:
Justin Timberlake's song My Love leaked a month before the album came out, but in horrific quality. It was like the song was being played through some one's laptop and was recorded with a Motorola RAZR. And all through the song was a guy saying "Atlantic Records, with T.I. Clearance" over and over. But despite all that, the inner awesome of the song shown through. DJs played it in clubs, people printed up "Atlantic Records, with T.I. Clearance" t-shirts, and Pitchfork gave it a perfect 5 star review.

akW8t.jpg

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom