• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
LiKeMiKe13 Michael Thompson
#WTT RT @OfficiallyIce: gladly: http://twitpic.com/5wzs4f RT @Bjackson01: @OfficiallyIce Twitpic it in ur iTunes if u really got it

https://twitter.com/#!/LiKeMiKe13/status/96445102221836288

Pic was delayed with in seconds. My cache saved it though. :)

dhcswi.png

So is that real or just some fake? Either way I'm waiting for the release date, no downloading leaks or junk. For someone reason I do find the hunt itself fascinating from a investigative end.

EDIT: His new status
OfficiallyIce Ice
out my mentions...i don't have anything....what tweet? what twitpic? i'm chillin...

Expendable. said:
did we know the tracktimes before? I haven't been keeping up with this like Dark Fantasy, but now in FULL hype mode.

Yes, not sure about running times though. It does look like an album in Itunes. It also shows the lesson, once on the internet, always on the internet.

Granted someone could have just used a jpeg and whipped out some title and tag changes. The track times would be the key to knowing it.

I already got this pre-ordered, but when it leaks, I'll be all over it. I tried fighting the good fight for Dark Fantasy, but broke down on that weekend before release. (Still bought it that Tuesday, with Runaway on DVD.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not buying it. He has his songs in the old order with TMB as a bonus track and Primetime as being an album track.

Also TMB going from 4 mins to 3 would be.. odd.

Also some names/renames are wrong from the official tracklist.

enzo_gt said:
Not buying it. He has his songs in the old order with TMB as a bonus track and Primetime as being an album track.

Also TMB going from 4 mins to 3 would be.. odd.

Which means he took the time to try and fake it, which is sad, which is probably why he is still at footaction. lol (see his description)

cacophony

Why the fuck do you think random ass people on twitter would have this album? I'm sure Jay and Ye have a very select group of people who they know have it and would know if they tried to pass it around.

cacophony said:
Why the fuck do you think random ass people on twitter would have this album? I'm sure Jay and Ye have a very select group of people who they know have it and would know if they tried to pass it around.

When it spreads to one it filters to others. A person who leaks an album losses control very quickly of who gets it. It's not odd at all the same random person could get it first. I suspect all the batshit crazy paranoia is more on Kayne's end, and thus other parties may be more lax.

Hey, this Kanye stuff is alright.

Man, maybe I should switch musical genres.

If I sold all my instruments for some midi controllers, bought a few VST's, I could make a Kanye album at home in a couple weeks, and make heaps of money.

Fuck yeah.

I just need to learn how to rhyme worse than Mos Def.

Second thought, I'm ready.

cacophony

SiriusTexra said:

If I sold all my instruments for some midi controllers, bought a few VST's, I could make a Kanye album at home in a couple weeks, and make heaps of money.

Fuck yeah.

It's A LOT harder than it seems. Flipping samples and doing it in a way that works is not easy. Easier said than done, blah blah. Hopefully you're trolling.

Recon

Banned
SiriusTexra said:

Fuck yeah.

Yeah, i know how to play 4 musical instruments( Piano,Bass,guitar,French Horn) and im learning how to sample, its a lot harder than you would imagince. I cant even fathom how he does some of his shit, and im in no way a Kanye fan boy( I thought MBDTF was kinda garbage).

cacophony said:
It's A LOT harder than it seems. Flipping samples and doing it in a way that works is not easy. Easier said than done, blah blah. Hopefully you're trolling.

No harder than it is to learn zbrush or cinema4d.

Programs are nothing but childs play compared to learning an instrument. There is a set way of doing something, solving a technical problem, tutorials fix all, shit is interactive.

I'll bet my top dollar Kanye would barely ever be the one to put down a melody. He'd either just rip a BAD loop from someone else's song, or auto arpeggio some string of crap on the keyboard and hurf durf along to it about "da monay". Most likely be "inspired" while listening to other actual music.

It's literally as simple as starting from the base idea like a pizza, and working your way out with the wide music industry secret: "fucking with the nobs and sliders in all directions and chalking it up to design later".

It's not hard in the slightest to make what is referred to as "modern music" these days. Not even a little bit hard. Recording it to SOUND nice, as in, nice clarity, good levels, cross talk etc, there is some engineering skill to that, but nothing a mere college grad and some monitor speakers couldn't figure out in a bit of time.

At least in the 80's and 90's there had to be a serious amount of knowledge in the hardware side of things, instrumental proficiency aside, as a given.

Reznor is one of few people I can forgive for making half assed lousy pseudo minimalist garbage as he seems to be doing these days for that very reason.

There's a reason you see a Tool album every 6 years, and a Kanye one every 2, and that's definitely got something to do with musical design.

I just want to be clear, I'm not hating on "engineered music" in the slightest. Massive Attack are one of the favorite artists, and that's what they do.

They are a perfect example of the kind of design in sampling/engineering can equal and sometimes exceed "proper" instrumental music. Kanye just get's way to much fucking leash in my opinion.

btw, I use Ableton, and short of a few VST's I don't own, you can do pretty much anything and more that Kanyes engineers do for his music.

PBY

Banned
SiriusTexra said:

Programs are nothing but childs play compared to learning an instrument. There is a set way of doing something, solving a technical problem, tutorials fix all, shit is interactive.

I'll bet my top dollar Kanye would barely ever be the one to put down a melody. He'd either just rip a BAD loop from someone else's song, or auto arpeggio some string of crap on the keyboard and hurf durf along to it about "da monay". Most likely be "inspired" while listening to other actual music.

It's literally as simple as starting from the base idea like a pizza, and working your way out with the wide music industry secret: "fucking with the nobs and sliders in all directions and chalking it up to design later".

It's not hard in the slightest to make what is referred to as "modern music" these days. Not even a little bit hard. Recording it to SOUND nice, as in, nice clarity, good levels, cross talk etc, there is some engineering skill to that, but nothing a mere college grad and some monitor speakers couldn't figure out in a bit of time.

At least in the 80's and 90's there had to be a serious amount of knowledge in the hardware side of things, instrumental proficiency aside, as a given.

Reznor is one of few people I can forgive for making half assed lousy pseudo minimalist garbage as he seems to be doing these days for that very reason.

There's a reason you see a Tool album every 6 years, and a Kanye one every 2, and that's definitely got something to do with musical design.

I just want to be clear, I'm not hating on "engineered music" in the slightest. Massive Attack are one of the favorite artists, and that's what they do.

They are a perfect example of the kind of design in sampling/engineering can equal and sometimes exceed "proper" instrumental music. Kanye just get's way to much fucking leash in my opinion.

btw, I use Ableton, and short of a few VST's I don't own, you can do pretty much anything and more that Kanyes engineers do for his music.
Why are you even in this thread?

TheOddOne

@SiriusTexra you know Kanye doesn't work only with samples too right? Its normal in the Industry to put orginal stuff over old samples or replaying key segments.

cacophony

SiriusTexra said:

You sound like someone who has never attempted to do what he does yet think it's incredibly easy.

It's easy to look at one of his songs and say "oh that's easy I could do that, he just looped a sample and added a drum loop over it", but actually doing it well is not easy.

But at the end of the day it doesn't even matter how 'easy' it is to make music, it's about the end product. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say.

cacophony said:
Even if you do it well and make good beats there's no money in this shit anymore for someone who isn't Ye or JB. Plus, no one will take beats with samples anymore, they don't want to deal with the clearance.

Once upon a time I was trying to make a career out of production, made stuff like this, this, this, this and this, got stiffed after doing 3 beats for an album which released among other shitty deals and one of my tracks got stolen by a former collaborator and became this.

Take it from me, it's not easy to make a career out of producing hip hop music, even if you make good stuff.

Throavium

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
LiKeMiKe13 Michael Thompson
#WTT RT @OfficiallyIce: gladly: http://twitpic.com/5wzs4f RT @Bjackson01: @OfficiallyIce Twitpic it in ur iTunes if u really got it

https://twitter.com/#!/LiKeMiKe13/status/96445102221836288

Pic was delayed with in seconds. My cache saved it though. :)

dhcswi.png

So is that real or just some fake? Either way I'm waiting for the release date, no downloading leaks or junk. For someone reason I do find the hunt itself fascinating from a investigative end.

EDIT: His new status
OfficiallyIce Ice
out my mentions...i don't have anything....what tweet? what twitpic? i'm chillin...
I thought the name of the duo was "The Throne".

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
SiriusTexra said:

oh boy

SiriusTexra said:

Nice, some casual racism to go along with your stupid fucking opinion.

I love it when people say it takes no skill or talent to do this shit. Tell me, if it's so easy to do what Kanye does then how come there aren't a million others doing the exact same fucking thing and getting rich?

Ashhong

SiriusTexra said:

Fuck yeah.

Oh man, you all know I love me some Kanye but this post made me LOL. Funny stuff.

Where is the presale happening??? I don't see anything about the presale for the LA shows on Ticketmaster...

edit: PRESALE MOVED TO NEXT TUESDAY, AUGUST 2!

http://promo.livenation.com/watchthethrone/?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_4_f1

mjfor40

http://www.soundspike.com/blog/tick...rone-tour-gets-revamped-ticket-sales-delayed/

Kanye West and Jay-Z's new joint project " The Throne" has delayed its first round of ticket presales to allow tour organizers to re-route the run due to what promoter Live Nation called "overwhelming demand" in a statement.

The superstar duo had set an initial tour schedule that had them launching in late September and playing through early November. The routing built in two-night stands in New Jersey, Chicago and Los Angeles, but minimal room to roll over into additional dates in most other markets.

A new tour itinerary will be announced on Monday (8/1) with presales now set to begin on Tuesday. Public on-sales, set for 8/8 remain in place.

Zeth

So I watched that 10 min mini-doc a few days ago when Pitchfork tweeted it, but it was taken down when I went to watch it again later. Is it up anywhere legitimately? Or is it not supposed to be out?

Ashhong

Zeth said:
So I watched that 10 min mini-doc a few days ago when Pitchfork tweeted it, but it was taken down when I went to watch it again later. Is it up anywhere legitimately? Or is it not supposed to be out?

Theres a download link oozer provided I think a few pages back. It was the night it came out...

Oozer3993

Max Armstrong said:
Fuck man, I wanted to buy my tickets today. I'll be working next week and won't be able to get them Tuesday at 10. :(

The presale will be going on until August 7th (should the tickets allotted for the presale not sell out) and the official on sale date is the 8th.

Ashhong

Oozer3993 said:
The presale will be going on until August 7th (should the tickets allotted for the presale not sell out) and the official on sale date is the 8th.

If you dont get them at 10am u might as well wait until the new batch is released with the general sale. This shit is gonna sell out so fast.....wonder if I should resell some.

zychi

Banned
So with the livenation thing, did the presale code change/get updated? Because the old one spread across the internet pretty fast, and I have it preordered through the site, but haven't gotten an email about the new presale, so if it did change, would some wonderful ye/jay fan help another fan out and pm it to me? (assuming it's not a one time code)

Ashhong

zychi said:
So with the livenation thing, did the presale code change/get updated? Because the old one spread across the internet pretty fast, and I have it preordered through the site, but haven't gotten an email about the new presale, so if it did change, would some wonderful ye/jay fan help another fan out and pm it to me? (assuming it's not a one time code)

The code was just WTT and advertised freely on Livenation. It wasn't really a huge secret like other concert presales

zychi

Banned
oh i didn't realize it was public, i just assumed someone leaked the code and it got passed around. so is the new presale public again, or no word yet?

Ashhong

zychi said:
i know the date, i'm asking if the code is still the same and if it's going to be public/a pain in the ass

Most likely still WTT since Livenation is still displaying it above their delay announcement.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pissed I couldn't get tickets toady =/ hopefully they keep the TO date to Sept 24th, I'd be great to see them so soon, and a good way to start off the school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom