• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

After watching the doc again, I gotta wonder what kind of music that environment produces. 2001 was basically a 4 week gangster house party. They just edited it all afterward. Hell, Tical was a 48 hour PCP binge (since the original version was lost in a flood and they had to get it in on time).

Will this shit sound like a Gap commercial? I really don't know what to expect. Otis and the little snippets from the doc don't have me salivating. That's for sure. Russel Brand...Russel Crowe. Come the fuck on Kanye. We let you slide with King of Leona Lewis.

Still, that damn golden case is enough to get my hyped. I like shiny things. If the cover art was Jay and Kanye with a bunch of white hipsters in a luxury european hotel room I don't know how hype I'd be...

I remember Jay was trying to gully up his studio sessions in the Black Album era. Seems like he's gone in the exact opposite direction here.

Tokubetsu

Didn't they already confirm digital was out on the 1st? In that press release. Pretty sure I read that. Itunes/pre-order digital is Monday.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tokubetsu said:
Didn't they already confirm digital was out on the 1st? In that press release. Pretty sure I read that. Itunes/pre-order digital is Monday.
I thought it was the 8th.

Itunes still says the 8th.
As far as I know digital is the 8th and physical is the 12th. Thats what every site I just looked at said.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The 1st is just that rumored mass listening party over the internets. or it could just be strictly for the winners of the contest and someone is just talking out their butt.

Ashhong

Remember when shit used to leak at least 2 weeks in advance?

*cries

Remember when we were hyped as FUCK for the MBDTF movie? Holy shit that brings back memories. Some of my best times on GAF...

PBY

Banned
Ashhong said:
Remember when shit used to leak at least 2 weeks in advance?

*cries

Remember when we were hyped as FUCK for the MBDTF movie? Holy shit that brings back memories. Some of my best times on GAF...
Those were an awesome 2 weeks

wenis

Ashhong said:
Just heard Frank Ocean for the first time thanks to Spotify. I need this album to drop. NOW NOW NOW

The album is already kinda out...I mean his first mix is still on OF I think, but yeah...go get it because it'll have the bulk of the tracks on the new mix, but less "sexified".

Ashhong

wenis said:
The album is already kinda out...I mean his first mix is still on OF I think, but yeah...go get it because it'll have the bulk of the tracks on the new mix, but less "sexified".

I meant WTT needs to drop...not Frank Ocean. Though now I'll have to go check for Ocean's album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wanda/Wander said:
Hey remember when this was going to be released on the 1st?

*cries
I'm still waiting for the triumphant return of Yeezy to Twitter:

WATCH THE THRONE BOUT TO DROP IN 1 WEEK FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #WTT

Ashhong said:
Just heard Frank Ocean for the first time thanks to Spotify. I need this album to drop. NOW NOW NOW
Get Nostalgia Ultra, NAO. Dude meshes in very well with my tastes, and I feel like his style and Yeezy's production would compliment each other quite well.

wenis

Ashhong said:
I meant WTT needs to drop...not Frank Ocean. Though now I'll have to go check for Ocean's album

ooooooh, but yeah. waht enzo said...go do that.

Frank is fucking great (at least on Nostalgia, his stuff slowly coming out has been hit and miss...might be too many fingers in one pie to get things sounding like they should).

wenis

you can find the album anywhere at this point... just google search for "nostalgia / ultra" and download...it was free for months so links are still up.

overcast

Saw a promotional poster for this in Hollywood today. Yeah that's it..

Also to the person who just heard Frank Ocean. Get Nostalgia, top 3 albums of the year.

Ashhong

Sweet, I hadn't looked it up yet so I thought it was a retail album. Downloading the mixtape now. Some new music to tide me over for another 24 hours.......

PBY

Banned
Frank Ocean's lyrics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frank Ocean's voice

Not really my fav genre of music, but I do prefer the Weeknd

overcast

Well since this thread has kinda been taken over by the R&B talk. I do like Ocean more than the Weeknd. Though Oceans voice isn't as good. Both are damn good.

MThanded

So other people are trying to say it comes out digitally tomorrow. Where are they getting that from. I am pretty sure the 8th is the day. I would love if tomorrow was release day

MThanded

Also, can't seem to preorder the physical deluxe any more. Does that mean I am out of luck. I'll just wait until the inevitable vinyl if thats the case.

Oozer3993

The 8th is the official release date, straight from Def Jam. The 1st was just a rumor started from a USA Today article, but never confirmed by anybody. It sure spread like wildfire though.

Sebulon3k said:
Do we get the documentary with the album purchase?

No. I'm not sure how we'll see it, whether it will be on MTV or streaming online, but it won't be included with the album.

Ashhong

MThanded said:
I want to know where people are getting the frst from. Itunes says the 8th.

Before the official release date was announced pretty much everyone in here was hoping/believing it to be coming out on the 1st because of USA Today as oozer said.

And yes, everytime this thread gets bumped without a leak, a puppy dies.

wenis

ajf009 said:
do any of you use *********?

no officer...never.

s1SG2.jpg

DEAD

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Really digging otis, one of they songs i love to drive around in a car with it blasting with the windows down.

Shits so cash money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom